Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed the contract, handed over the check and waiting for instructions from the title company. Will call phone in a couple days, they said.

Cop spotted me enjoying my fermented grape juice with my breakfast taco, and were waiting for me to pull out to bust my ass. Seeing the trap, I politely refused and went back into the store and waited for them to leave.

Traps and manipulation. Two things I'm pretty good at accurately sensing. I sense the "evil intentions" of others pretty well. While it might be true it's because I've been screwed over so many times before so I have lots of experience, I think I just have excellent social cognition. Can read what people are thinking to some degree.

Okay, time to up the game. Going to get a cup and mark the 4 oz. and 8 oz. lines.

It was all fun and games with the dirty looks from random people for something I knew was entirely harmless, but now the pigs are involved... time to get serious...

lol... the googleimage search for "dirty look" is making me laugh...

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1242&bih=758&ei=zNWBWt_iHYmqtQWsu7SwDA&q=dirty+look&oq=dirty+look&gs_l=img.3..35i39k1j0l9.1357.3078.0.3368.12.12.0.0.0.0.336.1733.0j3j4j1.8.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..4.8.1720.0...0.1rJZUErYnrk

I take pleasure in others displeasure. Schadenfreude, I think they call it.

It almost seems like I might enjoy causing others displeasure.

Like the heb chick? Troll.

I'm having second thoughts about painting the house blue.

With the porch colonades colored white, I don't think a blue exterior paint would work well with that, it should be white. I estimate a front porch sized 8 foot x 24 feet would be around $700-$800.

And the romans/grecians wanted white, too.

White works best with the clay roof tiles look, too.

Not sure if clay roof tiles work well with the horizontal lapping board look with traditional siding.

And the property can be potentially expanded into an open courtyard house.

This interior walls could be LP smartsiding instead of fiber cement, since the courtyard should have minimal fire risk. LP is substantially cheaper than fiber cement.

It's mostly the exterior walls that have the most exposure to outside risks... forest fires... arson...

I might be able to get away with that if I fence in the entire backyard... deny access to the back of the house with the LP siding...

Well, there's an example...

claytilehorizontalwhite.jpg

[youtube]OBwS66EBUcY[/youtube]

Looking for someone strong, fast, larger than life, fresh from the fight, for tonight.

Interesting.

Because I met and seduced the heb chick just shortly after "winning" local skirmishes.

Something about winning those fights, you just really want to find some girl to mate with.

I guess maybe that's the role of bar fights. To let the winners emerge and mate with their choice.

And then the less violent equivalent, bar room antagonism, antler butting, etc.

"looking for a fight", aka, "looking for trouble" then probably serves a real purpose in the mating drive.

Wonder that's why these mexican shits love annoying me? Getting them sexually primed to pump their girlfriends.

Jeez, I sure didn't get used as a male aphrodisiac in my old neighborhood.

And, these guys like doing it with guns... wtf...

Because they can't f'ing speak english or something? That'd be my guess. Probably also they don't have an understanding of american cultural norms and neighborhood gun use is common in those third-world south american countries. (Or if they do, they don't care like criminals.)

The money supply would not return to its' original size because you made money that otherwise would not have been made. Meanwhile it has actually grown because the repayment is lent out. AND of course the employees are paid. The money supply is growing. Of course there are times when losses occur, but they are offset by the volume. The real estate bubble essentially created a lot of money then took some of it back, but not all. The shock of the sudden taking was the painful part.

The only thing that shrinks the money supply is taxes. And boy, that is the most destructive thing out there. The next up is deficit spending. When government spends instead of letting the public spend, that's a net loss of half the spending the public would have done with it. Deficit spending is FREE spending, right? WRONG. They borrow and take it much like taxes and out of the public use, then waste it as government does to make it only half of public spending in value. Then they need higher taxes to cover the interest. The Chinese government publicly laughed at the corruption of the Obama Administration with the crony rewards in the socalled deficit spending that did us no good but inflicted all the pain of government deficit spending, making it worth much less than half as much.

Look at it this way then. You buy a rental property when a developer first builds it. The renters pay rent and make your mortgage for you The developer made money on the house they built with borrowed money, which you then borrow as they pay it back. Eventually the house is paid off, the bank more than doubled their money over 30 years, you own the house free and clear. You sell the house and that money did not exist before it was built but there's been some 3-4 times what you just got in profit for it. The economic activity brought the money into existence. Except the government taxed it and reduced the amount.

Dauntless said:
The money supply would not return to its' original size because you made money that otherwise would not have been made. Meanwhile it has actually grown because the repayment is lent out. AND of course the employees are paid. The money supply is growing. Of course there are times when losses occur, but they are offset by the volume. The real estate bubble essentially created a lot of money then took some of it back, but not all. The shock of the sudden taking was the painful part.

The only thing that shrinks the money supply is taxes.

True, paying back a loan only returns the money supply back to its original size before the loan.

Since defaults happen, and sometimes on a large scale such as the subprime/prime mortgage crisis, you're right that "created" a lot of money since that defaulted money was then freed from the bankers tendrils.

With it escaping their grasp, they're like no! That can't be, we can't have a shrinking "ownership" of the money supply. So money printing thru the feds they did.

Taxes shrinking the money supply...

Hmmm...

I think interest on the federal deficit is really the one thing that /really/ shrinks the money supply.

Taxes primarily take money away from the private sector, reducing their economic activity/wealth, and seems to focus it on their lackeys/cronies/crony-contractors&crony-companies. And their well-compensated top politicians: Boy, swear there was none other than mansions in Washington D.C., lol.

Thus why the feds increase interest rates in order to reduce the money supply. Reducing the money supply potentially 'fights' inflation, which is a natural result of increasing the money supply. And, did they increase the money supply tremendously with the QEs and it's been now slowly leaking out into mainstreet causing inflation. Up until recently, it's been captured mostly by stockmarket, but someones been cashing out recently with the crash we're in the middle of. The rich mostly just keep it inside their investments for the most part, which does little to drive mainstreet inflation, but mom and pop and grandma/grandpa like to spend on it on real estate/cars/etc., potential inflation drivers.

Avoiding the affect of the feds' interest rates...

Avoid loans at all costs...

Thankfully, I live a loan free existence, making me immune to it. I'm not immune to the reduction in economic activity, which I'm assuming accompanies high interest rates. [Do high interest rates cause recessions? According to https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/09/how-interest-rates-affect-markets.asp , the high interest rates of the 70s caused a severe recession. Oh, so that is "The big recession" those guys were saying was "being pushed off"... the severe recession caused by high interest rates that would inevitably follow a significant expansion of the money supply due to the QEs.)

These people with car loans and home loans and credit card debt...

They're going to be feeling it. [Most of the people around here, mortgaging away their income for the sake of the most expensive options they can enjoy NOW. Status seeking behavior, mainly.]

Sadly, I still have a private student loan, fudge. Luckily, it's nothing compared to the $130k+ the average middle-aged household carries in debt.

I'm guessing I'll probably have at least one more GREAT christmas before the recession /really/ starts...

This is good. Gives me some money to play that triple ETF when market hits bottom.

Wonder what the djia did during the 70s? When interest rates were high...

Let's take a gander...

http://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jones-100-year-historical-chart

djia70s.jpg

Gee... I'm not sure if I'd be betting on some huge djia boom cycles during the 70s...

With that in mind...

I'm not so sure I can heartily recommend loading up on triple etfs this coming market bottom.

Interestingly, we see that not all the djia peaks exceed the previous ones in this high interest rate environment with the shrinking of the money supply... (according to https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MABMM301USM189S, it still grew, just not nearly as fast during the 70s vs the other decades. I'd surmise that loans were still being made during the 70s... people buying new cars and homes. Just not nearly as much vs other decades. Implying home and car buying were available to a smaller percentage of the population during the 70s: higher interest rates, higher monthly payments. So, the house-less millennials might continue remaining houseless in the coming decade as mortgages get too expensive...unless they do what I'm doing and build it themselves as private finances allow.)

And around 1965, the djia was nearly 7500, while in the year 2000, it was around 11000.

Wow, it didn't really grow that much over that 35 year span, did it?

Looks like where the stock market is going to be heading is going to be an interesting guessing game in the coming decade.

So...

wanna know...

M4 money supply in 1965 vs 2000.
DJIA in 1965 vs 2000.

Be interesting if they were proportional to each other.

If so, suggests we can predict the direction of djia peaks from the direction of the M4 money supply.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MABMM301USM189S

Looks like I could only find data for M3, good enough, and it looks like

2000: 4.6 trillion
1965: .42 trillion

DJIA
2000: 11000
1965: 7500

Well, interesting, seems like according to this... a lower percentage of the money supply in the year 2000 was in the stock market vs in the year 1965.

And does that make sense? Hmmm...

I feel like I'm missing a good explanation somewhere...

I swear I keep hearing people say the 60s made a pretty good wage. And there was proportionally less money in the stock market.

I wonder if population size might be the explanation?

With a greater population size in 2000, more of the money supply was diverted to population resources (house,car,food,etc.) vs the stock market, vs 1965.

Because the population was far smaller in 1965, both relative wages were higher and the amount of money in the stock market was higher.

1965: 194 million
2000: 282 million

Well... that's not a strong explanation, though partially explains the difference.

I guess the other explanation might be living standards were a lot less in 1965 vs. 2000.

Less money spent on cars and houses.

https://www.census.gov/const/C25Ann/sftotalmedavgsqft.pdf

average home size in 1965 (extrapolated): 1300
average home size in 2000: 2000 sq. ft.

Another partial explanation.

I wonder if its just a bunch of partial explanations and there's really no one BIG explanation.

https://www.nachi.org/forum/f16/properly-walk-red-tile-roof-562/

Oh, walking on a clay tile roof.

Didn't think of that.

Apparently need to rent a boom truck.

Well...

These things might be a costly nightmare to install/maintain. hmmm...

Yikes, $600 to rent a boom truck for the day. Jeez...

Looks like concrete tiles are meant to be walked on. And, looks like I'd have to look around for those. They're also cheaper than clay tiles, apparently. They apparently have orange, though black/grey seems like the most common color judging from google images.

While it seems ... kind of weird...

I think I'm going to focus my efforts on frizzy brown haired girls.

When I start using tinder.

Seems like, for some reason... those are the chicks that really get my attention in real life...

And my hair is brown and frizzy...

And so is my mom's...

Can't say that was true of that one hoe back in college. She had smooth blonde hair. But, we never really had flowing conversation, either, so maybe I shouldn't be betting too much on "the exceptions".

Soul mate conversations flow like roaring rapids.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed-mester/feds-mester-sees-three-or-four-rate-hikes-in-2018-and-2019-idUSKBN1F73AS

Looks like the fed is looking at 3% in the next 2 years.

https://www.thebalance.com/fed-funds-rate-history-highs-lows-3306135

Compared to the 1970s, where it jumped from 5.5% to 20%, seems the feds are going to be a little gentler this time.

So stock boom cycles will probably continue, though I don't see fed forecasts beyond 2020. That's important, because the next peak is likely going to be between 2025-2027. A sudden severe rate high akin to the 70s can severely affect the stock market in unpredictable deleterious ways.

It looks like the DJIA was being screwed with by the feds with their sudden high increases in the interest rate in the 70s. So, that might be the explanation for the djia's poor performance during that time and the very short boom/bust cycles. Feds jacked the rates, suddenly the djia plummeted as investors sold off their shares.

03d5cfa3b44b8feb3ee55c6b492abb52

Their life dream to sail around the world was dashed when their sailboat capsized after hitting an unseen rock 2 days after launch off, just 25 miles down the coastline.

In other news, I noticed...

THEY HAVE THE SAME HAIR! Same color, and I don't have a hard time believing same kind of hair.

Telling you, it's all in the hair.

Maybe this is why girls care so much about their hair...

They know how important it is in mate attraction, in the likes-seeking-likes way. (They might not necessarily know /that/, but it's what I've been noticing!)

Love the pug.

Wondering when I might get a pug.

Or will this unplayful mopey brown german pointer dog work for me?

He does make a good running partner. Something the small dogs can't do so readily, at least not pugs.

And he makes for excellent human-deterrence/person-detection, especially helpful in these heavily wooded areas, especially populated with hostiles in this particular area. Foreign invaders reigning terror on the native population and killing natives. You know there's another name for that... TERRORISTS.

https://www.thebalance.com/unemployment-rate-by-year-3305506

Despite the DJIA's declining performance during the 1970s, doesn't look like unemployment was too bad.

Seems like unemployment was around 5.5-6%, except for 1974-1976, when it was at or near 8%.

Looks like that was probably caused by the oil crisis in Oct 1973, oil prices skyrocketed.

And there was a second oil crisis in 1979, causing the unemployment rate spike in 1980-1982, around 9-10% unemployment.

Oil_price_chronology-june2007.gif
File:Oil_price_chronology-june2007.gif

As we can see, a sudden oil price spike caused both bouts of unemployment during 1974-76 and 1980-1982.

So, the fed interest rate had little affect on the unemployment rate.

Interesting that, since the great recession largely occurred during a time when oil prices were high, but that wasn't due to an actual oil shortgage like during those crises, but from investors driving up the oil markets thru investment. I'd say the unemployment rate was probably largely driven by the mortgage meltdown. With crashing housing prices, construction largely halted, causing a significant reduction in construction profits and construction payroll, both in terms of wages and number employed. And that made up a fair percentage of the income/profit in the private sector all over America, which affected every other industry.

Jeez, those leveraged ETFs... dang...

Looking at WTIU, 3x bull crude oil.

OIL
july: $43
jan2018: $65

WTIU:
july:$10.17
jan2018:$31

So, if you're betting ANYTHING is going up, you can't go wrong with those 3x leveraged ETFs. They're especially great to hold longterm since daily gains outweigh daily losses, and they get multiplied in a chain-like fashion, so even volatility around "the same price" means you're making money.

swbluto said:
Another partial explanation.

I wonder if its just a bunch of partial explanations and there's really no one BIG explanation.

Of course. You don't really believe that one size fits all, do you?

Ever wonder where they got the idea for ABBA?

[youtube]Igu2z32LHXI[/youtube]

New interpretation of the 70s.

So massive oil price increase in 1973 caused inflation.

This "oil shock" both caused a bout of unemployment from 74-76 and high inflation.

The feds tried responding to the inflation by JACKING UP THE INTEREST RATE BIG TIME.

This is turn caused the stock market (DJIA) to experience a severe contraction over the 70s.

-----------

Okay, applying this understanding going forward.

Risk of oil shock? Seems unlikely.

So don't expect significant unemployment or inflation going forward. The DJIA doesn't affect the unemployment rate judging from the 70s.

There's some inflation from the QEs, but it's pretty minimal so far, not unlikely due to the fact it's wrapped up in the rich's investments in wall-street/etc., not much of it hitting mainstreet; this can be seen in the DJIA reaching new stellar heights. The feds are increasing the rate to reflect some of this inflation, but definitely not as much to curb the inflation in the 70s from the huge oil price increases from the "oil shortgages". So, it's unlikely the feds are going to jack the rates like they did in the 70s, unless there's another oil shock.

So, the wall street boom-bust cycles are likely going to continue as normal, assuming no oil shocks. And the unemployment rate will be minimally affected as well as inflation, and by minimally affected, I mean no great recession anytime soon.

So, I personally think loading up on the triple ETFs when the market bottoms out is a pretty safe bet.

Easy swelling.

Pulmonary edema? Possibly indicating heart failure.

Angina (the more minor "heart attacks") are not unlikely in the presence of heart failure. Sometimes, these will worsen prexisting heart failure if the heart tissue is deprived of oxygen a bit too long, damaging it. I'm not exactly sure what's "too long"... or "too much"... seems kind of mushy... most times there's not a complete clot, so there's some bloodflow, just not enough to completely satisfy the oxygen demands and so the muscle starts hurting, I guess... ischemia hurts...

I think you really should go see the doctor. Get seen about that suspected pulmonary edema.

Heart failure is best treated as early as possible, from what I've read.

In the meantime, I would like to ensure your diet:

-Carb intake is high enough. Not necessarily excessive (Carries its own issues), but not too little, like an anorexic.
-Enough salt
-Eat enough fruits and vegetables. This will get (almost)all the necessary trace elements.

I've read studies suggesting that daily cardio can reverse heart failure, at least in mice; apparently causes repair of the heart tissue somehow.The mice I read about were doing cardio for 60 minutes a day. This would probably be something like endurance running.

This is important, because there's not one food in the world that will reverse heart failure.

I don't get the sense running will reverse existing atherosclerosis, but it will dilate the arteries, making it less of an issue.

I would caution from doing too much too soon.

And doing too much in general.

Doing so may burn thru the blood sugar and minerals and salts in the blood, causing cortisol to increase.

You don't like cortisol. Contracts the blood vessels.

Hypothetically this could be thwarted by enough carb and food intake beforehand.

I find eating 5 bananas has me running miles, lol.

Also seems like excessive muscle use, from really heavy lifting / high intensity activity, causes cortisol to spike. Might be why they warn old guys from shoveling the snow during the winter.

Too much too soon probably plays on this; don't have the developed muscle yet to handle the extended exercise, causing muscle overuse and cortisol spiking. Muscle will develop in time and more exercise can be handled before the muscle fatigues/fails and spikes cortisol.

Other forms of cardio may have similar regenerative capacity (like swimming, bicycle), but running exerts significant impact forces on the feet, expanding the femoral arteries and probably connected arteries. So, prima facie, it'd appear to be a top choice.

The oil price shock of 1973, 1980, and 1990 are all connected with their own bouts of unemployment.

Would make me wonder about the great recession... how much the oil price shock affected unemployment rate. I still think the housing collapse is the major explanation, but I wonder what role high oil prices might've had.

unemployment-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990.jpg

Based on this image, looks like the oil price shock of 1990 caused unemployment to spike to 7%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_oil_price_shock

According to this, oil price went from $17 to $36. Essentially doubled, like during the great recession.

Since the oil shocks of 73,80, and 90s were connected to supply issues, while the one of 2009 was not so much...

I don't think oil is a major cause of the great recession unemployment.

Looks like the stock market is a small driver of unemployment, judging from the affect of the dotcom bust.

So housing is more than likely the main cause of Great Recession unemployment, like I've suspected. High oil prices might've played a minor role. Just checking my assumptions, mainly.

More specifically, it looks like turning off the mortgage spigot was a main driver of unemployment and the crashing housing prices during the Great Recession. All that "printed money" from all those mortgages both employing people and elevating housing prices.

Except the inflation started in 1972. Did you know the Treasury Secretary filed for bankruptcy? Meanwhile the guy running the Fed had some metaphysical views on the economy, sort of like the old 'Stocks take a random walk through Wall Street' nonsense. Not to say that there's perfect forecasting skills, but instead of an invisible hand he talked like there was the great economic disruptor in the sky just waiting to torment him. Or something.

So enter John Maynard Keynes. Yeah, it's always his fault. ALWAYS. Deficit spending, deliberately high inflation, this is the road to the land of milk and honey, right, Maynard? Couple this with a Fed Chairman saying that inflation is going to be driven by "Disappointment" because things can't just always be getting better. Well, that will be present, but to plan to fail that way. . . .

Basically he predicted, correctly, that the Unions were going to run amok. The Unions didn't just want a raise, they wanted one big enough to cover the sharp rise in prices they were causing with all their strikes and big raises. Basically admitting that they're causing such runaway inflation that they need even bigger raises and can't even stop to think they're just causing even bigger inflation. So the unions were pretty open about that's what they were up to.

So here's this Fed deciding that this will create the need for more MONEY in circulation. So the printing presses are fired up. Was there anything being done that DOESN'T cause inflation? Wage and price controls? Well, no, just price controls, so the costs rose and the business couldn't cover them, so they stopped producing. Smart move, Mr. President seeking reelection. Unemployment is on the way up. Oh, by the way, we're starting to have an oil shock. Maybe we can blame our big mistakes on that.

Dauntless said:
Basically he predicted, correctly, that the Unions were going to run amok. The Unions didn't just want a raise, they wanted one big enough to cover the sharp rise in prices they were causing with all their strikes and big raises. Basically admitting that they're causing such runaway inflation that they need even bigger raises and can't even stop to think they're just causing even bigger inflation. So the unions were pretty open about that's what they were up to.

So unions were driving inflation in 1971 which is when the feds jumped it from 3% to nearly 6%?

Then the oil shocks jumped it from that to 11% in 73, and 20% in 80.

Well, okay, it seems hard to imagine a time when unions were really running things in America to such an inflation-causing-extent, but I wasn't alive back then, so I wouldn't know.

I guess if car purchases comprised half the economy back then, then detroit unions could be passing that extra wage expense onto the consumers via higher car prices. Car-price-inflation.

Its clear that oil price shocks were the primary cause of unemployment in 74-76 and 81-84. "high inflation" sans the oil shock apparently had little to no effect on unemployment rates.

It seems like "market shocks" are the primary driver of high unemployment rates.

Oil shortage. (oil shocks: 73,80,90)
Mortgage shortage. (mortgage crisis: 2009)

Some-important-thing-shortage.

[youtube]brMBkOlpJn8[/youtube]

Turn to a girl and smile.

Yep, that's how it works. Interest is indicated in the smile. The "i'm interested in you" smile, not simply a "friendly" smile. The sexy smile and rape smile also do well to indicate interest. And so does the wistful longing expression sequence like I used in walmart, lol.

Dang, pops told her to ditch him and she just did it.

What the hell?

I swear I hear the opposite in the real world, girl threatening she's going to kill herself if the the parents try to separate them. And, then, with the forbidden love types... good old fashioned runaways...

Someone who is wistful is sad because they want something and know that they cannot have it.

There are those tears, recrudescing ever so gradually.

Think it's because of the HEB chick. Not because of Oscar Wilde's quote.

“And alien tears will fill for him pity's long broken urn. For his mourners will all be outcast men, and outcasts always mourn.”

----------

interesting, she fell for his smile.

The HEB chick fell for my passionate bedroom eyes that had her in a mesmerized trance.

I feel like the requirements to snag her were a bit higher, lol.

That also communicated interest, lol.

Thinking about it... expressing interest seems to induce reciprocated interest. And, it seems to be the nonverbals that snag the girl. Just like the nonverbals of the HEB chick seemed to be especially effective at tempting me.

swbluto said:
So unions were driving inflation in 1971 which is when the feds jumped it from 3% to nearly 6%?

Well, okay, it seems hard to imagine a time when unions were really running things in America to such an inflation-causing-extent, but I wasn't alive back then, so I wouldn't know.

The U.S. was not alone in this, there were worldwide troubles. In the U.S. it gained momentum in the 60's, was a wildfire in the 70's, spent the 80's slowing. What a mess.

1960s
General Electric Strike (1960, U.S.)
Seamen's Strike (1960, U.S.)
1960 Writers Guild of America strike (U.S.)
1960–1961 Winter General Strike (Wallonia)
United Auto Workers strike of General Motors 1961 (U.S.)
1962 New York City newspaper strike (1962, U.S.)
East Coast Longshoreman's Strike (1962, U.S.)
Florida East Coast Railway Strike (1963-1977, U.S.)
Delano grape strike (1965–1970, U.S.)
1966 New York City transit strike (U.S.)
St. John's University strike of 1966–67 (U.S.)
San Francisco Nurses Strike managed by the California Nurses Association 1966[8]
Railroad machinists' strike of 1967 (U.S.)
Copper Strike (1967, U.S.)
Memphis Sanitation Strike (1968, U.S.)
Chrysler wildcat strike (1968, U.S.)
New York City Teacher's Strike of 1968 (U.S.)
Florida statewide teachers' strike of 1968 (U.S.)
Charleston, South Carolina, Hospital Workers' Strike (1969, U.S.)
The President National Strike (1969, US)

1970s
National Student Campus Strike (1970, U.S.)also related to Kent State Shootings (May, 1970, U.S.)
Salad Bowl strike (1970–1971, U.S.)
U.S. Postal Service strike of 1970 first U.S. nationwide strike of public employees
General Motors Strike (1970, U.S.)
1971 NYPD Work Stoppage (1971, U.S.)
Longshore Strike (1971, U.S.)
Farrah Clothing Workers' Strike and Boycott (1972, U.S.)
Lordstown Ohio, Auto Workers' Strike (1972, U.S.)
Philadelphia Teachers' Strike (1972, U.S.)
1972 Major League Baseball strike (U.S.)
1974 Washington Bus Strike
1974 Baltimore teacher's strike, municipal workers' strike, and police strike (U.S.)
1974 UPR strike
Bituminous Coal Strike of 1974 (U.S.
Washington Post Pressmen's Strike (1975, U.S.)[17]
Musician's Union Strike (1975, U.S.)
Atlanta Sanitation Workers' Strike (1977, U.S.)[18]
Coors Beer Strike and Boycott (1977, U.S.)
J.P. Stevens Boycott (1977, U.S.)
Willmar Minnesota, Bank Workers' Strike (1977, U.S.)
International Longshoremen's Association (1977, U.S.)
Bituminous Coal Strike of 1977–1978 (U.S.)
Norfolk & Western Railroad, Brotherhood of Railway and Airline Clerks (1978, U.S.)
Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania, Newspaper Strike (1978, U.S.)
1978 New York City newspaper strike
Independent Truckers' Strike (1979, U.S.)
Art Strike 1977–1980

1980s
1980 Chicago Fire Fighter Strike
1980 New York City transit strike (April 1980, U.S.)
1980 AFTRA/Screen Actors Guild strike (summer 1980, U.S.)
Gdańsk Shipyard Strike (August 1980, Poland)
Air traffic controllers' strike/Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (1981, U.S.)
1981 UPR strike
1981 Writers Guild of America strike (U.S.)
1981 Major League Baseball strike (U.S.)
1982 garment workers' strike (U.S.)[24]
Arizona Copper Mine Strike of 1983 (1983, U.S.)
Yale University Clerical Workers' Strike (1984, U.S.)
Las Vegas Hotel Strike: Culinary, Bartenders, Stagehands and Musicians(1984, U.S.)
Hormel Meatpackers' Strike (1985, U.S.)
Los Angeles County Sanitary Workers' Strike (1985, U.S.)
1985 New York hotel workers strike
Yale University Clerical Workers' Strike (1985, U.S.)
Chicago Tribune Strike (1986, U.S.)
Guilford Transportation Industries railroad workers' strike (1986, U.S.)
Trans World Airlines Flight Attendants' Strike (1986, U.S.)
United States Steel Lockout (1986, U.S.)
Major Indoor Soccer League Lockout two-week lockout (1986, U.S.)
Philadelphia Sanitary Workers' Strike (1986, U.S.)
International Paper strike (1987, U.S.)
Professional Football Players' Strike (1987, U.S.)
1987 NFL strike (U.S.)
National Broadcasting Company Employees Strike (1987, U.S.)
1988 Writers Guild of America strike (U.S.)
1988 Jai-Alai players (U.S.)
Eastern Airline Workers' Strike (1989, U.S.)
Bell Atlantic Strike (August 1989)
Nynex Strike (August 1989) lasted 4 months
Pittston Coal strike (1989–90, U.S.)

[youtube]Ng1VE90vnw8[/youtube]

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:

The U.S. was not alone in this, there were worldwide troubles. In the U.S. it gained momentum in the 60's, was a wildfire in the 70's, spent the 80's slowing. What a mess.

1960s
General Electric Strike (1960, U.S.)
Seamen's Strike (1960, U.S.)
1960 Writers Guild of America strike (U.S.)
1960–1961 Winter General Strike (Wallonia)
United Auto Workers strike of General Motors 1961 (U.S.)
1962 New York City newspaper strike (1962, U.S.)
East Coast Longshoreman's Strike (1962, U.S.)
Florida East Coast Railway Strike (1963-1977, U.S.)
Delano grape strike (1965–1970, U.S.)
1966 New York City transit strike (U.S.)
St. John's University strike of 1966–67 (U.S.)
San Francisco Nurses Strike managed by the California Nurses Association 1966[8]
Railroad machinists' strike of 1967 (U.S.)
Copper Strike (1967, U.S.)
Memphis Sanitation Strike (1968, U.S.)
Chrysler wildcat strike (1968, U.S.)
New York City Teacher's Strike of 1968 (U.S.)
Florida statewide teachers' strike of 1968 (U.S.)
Charleston, South Carolina, Hospital Workers' Strike (1969, U.S.)
The President National Strike (1969, US)

1970s
National Student Campus Strike (1970, U.S.)also related to Kent State Shootings (May, 1970, U.S.)
Salad Bowl strike (1970–1971, U.S.)
U.S. Postal Service strike of 1970 first U.S. nationwide strike of public employees
General Motors Strike (1970, U.S.)
1971 NYPD Work Stoppage (1971, U.S.)
Longshore Strike (1971, U.S.)
Farrah Clothing Workers' Strike and Boycott (1972, U.S.)
Lordstown Ohio, Auto Workers' Strike (1972, U.S.)
Philadelphia Teachers' Strike (1972, U.S.)
1972 Major League Baseball strike (U.S.)
1974 Washington Bus Strike
1974 Baltimore teacher's strike, municipal workers' strike, and police strike (U.S.)
1974 UPR strike
Bituminous Coal Strike of 1974 (U.S.
Washington Post Pressmen's Strike (1975, U.S.)[17]
Musician's Union Strike (1975, U.S.)
Atlanta Sanitation Workers' Strike (1977, U.S.)[18]
Coors Beer Strike and Boycott (1977, U.S.)
J.P. Stevens Boycott (1977, U.S.)
Willmar Minnesota, Bank Workers' Strike (1977, U.S.)
International Longshoremen's Association (1977, U.S.)
Bituminous Coal Strike of 1977–1978 (U.S.)
Norfolk & Western Railroad, Brotherhood of Railway and Airline Clerks (1978, U.S.)
Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania, Newspaper Strike (1978, U.S.)
1978 New York City newspaper strike
Independent Truckers' Strike (1979, U.S.)
Art Strike 1977–1980

1980s
1980 Chicago Fire Fighter Strike
1980 New York City transit strike (April 1980, U.S.)
1980 AFTRA/Screen Actors Guild strike (summer 1980, U.S.)
Gdańsk Shipyard Strike (August 1980, Poland)
Air traffic controllers' strike/Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (1981, U.S.)
1981 UPR strike
1981 Writers Guild of America strike (U.S.)
1981 Major League Baseball strike (U.S.)
1982 garment workers' strike (U.S.)[24]
Arizona Copper Mine Strike of 1983 (1983, U.S.)
Yale University Clerical Workers' Strike (1984, U.S.)
Las Vegas Hotel Strike: Culinary, Bartenders, Stagehands and Musicians(1984, U.S.)
Hormel Meatpackers' Strike (1985, U.S.)
Los Angeles County Sanitary Workers' Strike (1985, U.S.)
1985 New York hotel workers strike
Yale University Clerical Workers' Strike (1985, U.S.)
Chicago Tribune Strike (1986, U.S.)
Guilford Transportation Industries railroad workers' strike (1986, U.S.)
Trans World Airlines Flight Attendants' Strike (1986, U.S.)
United States Steel Lockout (1986, U.S.)
Major Indoor Soccer League Lockout two-week lockout (1986, U.S.)
Philadelphia Sanitary Workers' Strike (1986, U.S.)
International Paper strike (1987, U.S.)
Professional Football Players' Strike (1987, U.S.)
1987 NFL strike (U.S.)
National Broadcasting Company Employees Strike (1987, U.S.)
1988 Writers Guild of America strike (U.S.)
1988 Jai-Alai players (U.S.)
Eastern Airline Workers' Strike (1989, U.S.)
Bell Atlantic Strike (August 1989)
Nynex Strike (August 1989) lasted 4 months
Pittston Coal strike (1989–90, U.S.)

[youtube]Ng1VE90vnw8[/youtube]
WOW Dauntless. Where did you find all of those? That's a lot but you missed d few I was in, and more. Without the Unions most of us would be just puppets to the rich, which they are working on now!

Dan

Interesting. Some guy complains his wife verbally abuses him.

That's funny, because I have experience with that. You know what works? Firmly telling them to shut the f up. I don't actually use the expletives, lol, I'm just using that to convey the kind of emphasis I use.

And you know what, it works.

They'll abuse you as much as you let them get away with it. A girl wants a man who demands respect and won't take their crap.

-------------

And, good boston songs.

[youtube]GSism86Y4bk[/youtube]

[youtube]63710ufJ8QA[/youtube]

And in the last song, nice song...

But, gonna make a comment here.

He's afraid of losing her if he tells her he loves her.

WOAH! Red flag. He's afraid of losing her. Rule number one, do whatever you feel with the kind of passion as if you're not afraid of anything. If you feel like telling her you love her, do it with a reckless abandon kind of emphasis if that's exactly what you feel.

You wanna do the things you only see in the movies... lose the inhibition, lose the fear and JUST DO IT.

Interesting music video of Las Shangrilas. (interesting to note, this song was banned in the UK.)

[youtube]Q8UKf65NOzM[/youtube]

"Oh no no no no no no" made me tear. Feels like I know that emotion.

[youtube]V5YxtweUxrA[/youtube]

These girls look like they're in high school, lol.

Checking out wikipedia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shangri-Las#Early_career

Looks like the lead singer was 15-16 at the time this music video was made, lol. (The other two are likely 18-19)

I was about to say, she looked pretty similar to the HEB chick in terms of...

Something. Youth. Prettiness. Something.

And her voice. There's something about that voice.

It's interesting seeing how this girl is like talking about... "we kissed"...

and I'm thinking about where I took the HEB chick...

damn...

What were her parents thinking when they got word of what happened... lol...

Jeez... I skip the kissing and go straight for aggressive seduction... lol... kissing comes later... and I'm not talking about a gentle peck either...

Gee, I wonder if I tapped into a side of that girl her parents never knew she had... because she definitely had that side... she didn't seem to be a stranger to it...

And this is what she looks like now, in her late 60s.

maryweissgirl60.jpg

And here's a modern video. Interesting to see how her voice has changed since the teenage years. Definitely lost that sophmoric youthful quality... whatever it conveys... definitely deeper. The HEB chick's voice definitely had that same higher pitched tone to it just like Mary Weiss in her teenage years, and it almost seems like that's precisely what was irresistibly attractive about her. Probably helped their songs top the 60s charts...

Trying to characterize mary weiss's teenage voice.

Kind of whiny, like a baby. Almost crying. Almost has that helpless quality to it. Like a damsel in distress waiting for the knight in shining armor ontop of his galliant white steed. It almost seems to have that "please take me" quality to it.

I think the HEB chick had some kind of "please take me" thing going on with her, like she didn't have a boyfriend and she wanted one. And she seemed exceptionally happy I took her.

[youtube]16XrLH0kg6A[/youtube]

http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-zodiac-traits-bad-2018-2#rabbit-1939-1951-1963-1975-1987-1999-2011-negative-4

Your worst personality trait, based on your Chinese Zodiac sign

My chinese zodiac

Rabbits make a great first impression thanks to their tenderness and sensitivity, according to Travelchinaguide.com. The problem is that this can lead to them being hesitant, conservative, and timid. Sometimes they might seem like a pessimist or a wet blanket.

Oh well...

There's probably something to that.

Seems like my first impression tends to snag the chicks...

hesitant and timid... lol... don't think so... lol

DAND214 said:
WOW Dauntless. Where did you find all of those? That's a lot but you missed d few I was in, and more. Without the Unions most of us would be just puppets to the rich, which they are working on now!

Dan

That's just supposed to be major, like if the 1877 railroad strike where they blew up railcars, burned buildings, killed over 2,000 passengers if I'm remembering, yeah, I'd list that if it had been in the time frame. The burning issue then was that these people who'd been starving 10-20 years ago or were slaves of course now had railroad jobs that often didn't exist before, but with ridership down in the really bad economy their hours were cut and they griped that the railroads were still making their payments and trying to minimize losses. The railroad workers wanted the companies to spend themselves out of business so THEY could make more. For a short time. What the workers were planning once their jobs were gone is anyone's guess. The 1870's were much like the 1970's.

Whatever happened to
The boy that I once knew?
The boy who said he'd be true
Oh, what happened to
The life I gave to you
What will I do with it now?

What is Mary Weiss alluding to here with "The life" (She gave to him)? And then she refers to it in the next sentence as "it", like it's in her possession and she doesn't know what to do with it.

For a second, I thought maybe she was talking about a baby. But I'm wondering if mary weiss would be talking about having a baby when her songs only go as far as a kiss and considering the time period.

But then maybe sex.

But I think maybe she's just talking about "The relationship". Seems more likely.

But someone on youtube mentioned...

"You give away the milk for free, and all you get is a bunch of bull".

Makes me think she's alluding to sex.

Let's see...

She makes it sound like it was contingent on him "being true", whatever she gave him.

What does that mean, being true.

Google suggests it means "Being committed. Being her one and only. Not being a player and messing with all the other girls.".

Oh, I see... probably is alluding to sex. Girls are known to be more generous with committed guys, research tells me this. Or guys they /perceive/ to be more committed. People who can manipulate perceptions probably are more capable of getting away with whatever they want, whether they do so is entirely their choice.

And what's synonymous with committment? Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back