Help me build my new E-kart to go 60+mph

futurerel

1 mW
So I built my first E-kart this month! I was to get 35-40mph but i want to go faster!!!

My current specs are

Alltrax AXE controller 42v

Motenergy 42v motor

and

14s12p 2200mAh Li-ion pack

I want to start my next project with a go-kart that will reach 60mph.

Any suggestion on controller

Kelly or Curtis?????????????

Any suggestion on motor?????????

D&D , Motenergy, or something else ????

Batteries?????

18650 2600mAh

18650 1600mAH HIGH Drain

A123

22650 3.2v 3300mAh

3.7V 8AH LITHIUM POLYMER BATTERIES 25C 200A S

Please help me decide!!!!

The basics are:

Volts = Speed
Amps = Torque
Watts (watt hours) = range

You didn't give us all the specifics. How heavy is your cart with you in it? What is your set-up like? DD? Gearing? The track you run at.

Pictures would be very helpful.

My guess is that you need to go to 72v or higher.

RC batteries for their high C rating would help.

:D

Ok, but before you start ordering parts, let me ask you a few questions.

How do you know your cart can go 60mph and not break apart?
Can your suspension and tires take the speed?

Also, if it were me, before I bought any parts I would reverse engineer from the wheels up.

Kind of like this. I would figure out the circumference of the wheels you are going to use and then calculate how many rpm's they will need to get you moving 60mph. Then I would think about gearing and what you are going to need to get the appropriate rpm to the wheel. Once you know how fast the gears must spin then you can calculate the rpm needed from a motor.

Also, look around at electric scooter and motorcycle motors so you can best decide your course of action.

Edit: As an example, and somebody please check my math....

You must cover 1 mile in 1 minute to go 60mph
There are 5280 feet per mile divided by 12 inches = 63360 inches per mile.
A 6 inch wheel has a circumference of 18.84956 inches.
63360 inches divided by 18.84956 = 3361.3516 RPM to cover the required distance in one minute.

However, you will need gears to get you moving (Unless you are going direct drive) and those gears may or may not need to spin at 3362 rpm to get the 3362 rpm to the wheel.

:D

Watt? Zero hits on this thread for "aero"? ... as in "aerodynamic"??? Huge FAIL, when yer tapping about speeds over ground like "60+ miles per hour". Know watt a "fast" pedal bike looks like?

ginzvelo-getting-in.gif

:mrgreen:

"Go-Carts"... totally "stone age"... :wink: Watts yer budget?

42V controller and 42V motor?
Please post the exact motor and controller type and/or specs. You might be able to go faster with the motor and controller you have.

Back