Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, talking about periods of high unemployment.

Looks like the 60s and 70s were largely unharmed in terms of the unemployment rate...

And then from 1994-2009, that was a nice long run.

I'd think the current recession ended somewhere around 2014, in terms of "practically speaking" and the unemployment rate, so we're currently on the fourth year. (Crossed 7% in late 2014, so I guess we can say it officially ended at the beginning of 2015. So technically on the third year out of recession... which is interestingly how long my "high paying" employment history is...)

I think it's probably going to be at least a couple more years before a period of high unemployment.

Seems like critical resource shortages cause unemployment though (Food, oil, mortgages), and oil is the most unpredictable at this point in history. So, I can't predict that. Doesn't seem like there's oil shortages as of now.

Seems like opec embargoes and major middle eastern wars with major oil supplying countries are the primary causes for oil shortgages.

I wonder how much the Iraq war caused an oil shortgage on the markets, and had anything to do with the unemployment rate kicking upto 6% in 2002. I don't know exact figures, but I believe they did 3bln a day... or year... while the globe was doing 80... so the oil markets probably felt it.

-------------

And looking at Houston's unemployment rate curve, looks like it crossed 7% back in... Nov 2011.

So Houston has technically been out of the recession for about 6 full years now versus the nation's 3 full years.

Gives that guy's comment "I found a 50k comp sci job in Houston back in 2011 right after graduating" some context. His parents happened to live in the right state. In my city, recent grads were working for peanuts as volunteers for non-profit organizations. They didn't really start finding higher paying in-the-field jobs locally until 2015, and by higher paying, I mean something like 35-45k.

https://www.reddit.com/r/offmychest/comments/2y8ior/i_24m_fell_in_love_with_a_16_year_old_girl_i_am/

This longwinded story guy fell in love with a 16 year old whore.

Isn't that a familiar story?

Unlike this guy, I didn't mind, lol.

Of course, she cheated on him in the "middle" of the "relationship" during her 6 week trip to europe, lol.

It's not only the guys finding lovers during trips abroad.

That one thread about sleeping with 16 year olds... was really about him finding 16 year old UK whores. Seems to be definitely an archetype, horny teenagers. He says 16 year olds are "easy", lol.... probably because he's finding horny teenager whores...

The overlap with them being the most fertile then seems like it should be no surprise.

Fertility drives horniness and probably to some extent, especially in females, "sex appeal".

Fertility declines with age in females.
Fertility in men stays strong for many many years.

We talked and I asked her about the silence, and she said she had begun to get scared since I committed to her. “It was the only thing I wanted, and now that’s it’s a reality, I am now scared.” I understood completely and wanted her happiness first. I asked if she spoke with other boys still and she said that four guys have confessed their love to her.

Lol, that doesn't surprise me. I never told the HEB chick I loved her, but I had unwittingly confessed it in so many different ways in my behavior, so pretty much the same affect. Such as the eye lock, the nuzzle, etc.

I'm guessing she probably has a history of that, getting told some guy loves her.

What did I say she was? A lovable loser, lol. I personally didn't think she was a "loser", that seemed to her own self-perception.

I felt she was my soulmate.

Isn't that a common experience...

For the first time, she is 100% sure she has been in love. I am the epitome of her loves.

Somehow, I don't doubt the HEB chick though the same.

But I do question the why... Is it because I was the first one she encountered who so brashly pursued his desire? That does make it somewhat questionable.

oooo.... a 1.4% interest rate with savings of 10000 or more at capital 360.

That's like...

$140/year in interest.

Cool.

If I were looking for interest income, I'd probably look at high dividend stocks after the crash bottoms out.

If I were looking to get rich, I'd probably load up on the triple etfs after the crash bottoms out.

If I were looking for rental income... I'd personally build rental properties and rent them out.

I think if I were to build a house on the property, I'd build it behind the tree line and clear the underbrush.

The current shacks/sheds would be put on skids and pulled to the back of the property. As sheds to go along with the property.

I'm just thinking of this because my neighbor plans to build next year, and offered to help, so if I could build a house on this property, I might be able to rent it out or resell it. He has an incentive to help because it increases the deduction, potentially making the power lines free.

If he doesn't, that's fine... I'll build a house anyway.

The only thing I've yet to prove is my ability to build a pitched roof by myself ontop of the house, in particular, the trusses and frame. Looks like it'd be ... puzzling... right now.

I guess I should watch that guy's video.

For undergraduate student loan borrowers, monthly student loan payments would be capped at 12.5% of income. After 15 years of monthly payments, any remaining student loan debt would be forgiven. This is five years earlier than current income-driven repayment options for borrowers with undergraduate student loans.

I like this change. Got to save up for the income tax that's going to accompany the forgiveness, though.

Just 10 more years, no students loans by age 40. Nice.

The spectre of it being a cradle-to-grave loan was daunting.

Those off-the-cuff nonverbal flirtations... good stuff... usually has good consequences, lol.

swbluto said:
For undergraduate student loan borrowers, monthly student loan payments would be capped at 12.5% of income. After 15 years of monthly payments, any remaining student loan debt would be forgiven. This is five years earlier than current income-driven repayment options for borrowers with undergraduate student loans.

I like this change. Got to save up for the income tax that's going to accompany the forgiveness, though.

Just 10 more years, no students loans by age 40. Nice.

The spectre of it being a cradle-to-grave loan was daunting.

So I've heard various proposals, has that one gone through? There were talking about chronic low income people getting off the hook but at older than 40, only if they'd been trying to pay it off.

I paid my student loans off early, but I didn't borrow so very much.

Dauntless said:
I paid my student loans off early, but I didn't borrow so very much.

There was a time when getting in-sequence-classes when you needed them was easy. Didn't? Just add another year. Btw, you need at least 10 quarter hours to maintain enrollment and you need to pass them all, even if you don't need them.

And at the time I was going, enrollment boosted nearly triple fold. People who lost hope during the great recession saw college as their only chance at a middle class lifestyle, and were there many! Classes got crowded and necessary seats for sequence classes were difficult to obtain. If they couldn't be obtained... they weren't just difficult... they just weren't...

Add that to the fact that college costs increased lockstep with the student loan amounts granted, which ballooned since 2000, college costs went up significantly since 2000! Even at public schools. In turn, lots of new shiny buildings were constructed at a time when construction nationwide was nearly halted, and the president, the admin staff and the football coaches all got nice fat paychecks as well as admin employment was boosted.

And some of us didn't have the luxury of graduating during the halcyon years. The great recession lasted a full 6 years in most places, whereas, the worst people had to deal with in all the recessions since 1950 were 2 full years at most and arguably only the recession from 1982-1984 had any sort of severity comparability. Congrats for having it easy!

It's slowly becoming normal again, and I'm planning on achieving the highest rungs possible and I take no prisoners. I dominate all the markets I enter and I suffer no fools.

Fearless dominance.

Like fearless flirtation.

And fearless seduction.

Now that I've enjoyed 3 years of a "normal economy", I now have the savings to exploit pretty much most any market. Not having savings because you spent your entire adult life mire in the great recession means you can't enter new markets... you can't start good businesses... and you can't move. (I did actually start a good business during the great recession, so I did have the benefit of good income for a year or so. But then I graduated next year and became nuke fodder and that did the moving for me, to South Carolina. Then came back, invested the savings in a business vs. using it to move (Wasn't really enough to go anywhere, anyway), which I could then take with me whereever I went. And chose the best local economy in the USA. Austin is arguably better in my field.)

That's what that fearless flirtation in wally world did, it created sexual tension. Just realized it. It got especially acute as I got close, lol.

It's weird, too... because I can't answer the question if she felt any tension. I would just assume so, but... it might just be all in my mind.

It almost seems I can definitely say she did though. Because, feeling that tension with only my experiencing attraction would seem unusual. I don't usually feel that kind of tension to girls I'm merely attracted to, so I think she got the message and "was feeling it". And it got more acute the closer I got, lol.

Kind of like how my dog starts wagging his tail when I start getting close.

He can "feel my presence".

Just like that girl was "feeling my presence" as I neared.

Unlike the HEB chick. Her feeling hiiiigh tension was unquestionable.

Fearless nonverbal impulsiveness underlaid both episodes of tension.

Just like how the nonverbal impulsive flirtations with the HEB chick probably created "tension".(Making me feel warm, aka "hot", is all I recognized)

And same with the kroger slut. That was definitely tension she created when she naughtily smiled and bent over, presenting her rumpus in a ready to receive position.

Tension is good stuff. Can jack off to it. And it makes you all sorts of chipper. (Reminsicent of the chipperness following the heb chick situation, but it's odd... because I wouldn't consider my having a pairbond with the walmart gal. As in, not even plausibly a girlfriend. So I guess tension makes you chipper.)

The tension with the HEB chick... that lasted like 3 months. "Lust" might be another name for it. The sexual pairbond itself lasted ... well... it's still active the last time I checked. But its nascent, not getting mad at interested chicks at the moment.

----------

Jeez, I'm starting to have daydreams about that tension feeling now. lol

Thinking about what kind of situations that feeling would be involved in... mmmhhmmmm...

Getting close...

This girl is probably not like the HEB chick, skilled in flirtation.

So her feeling these feelings was likely not that common for her.

But, she probably understood exactly what it was.

It's an odd feeling...

It's not "feeling hot"... or "feeling warm"... or "seared into the mind" kind of feeling...

It feels like a somewhat fleeting feeling of interesting, somewhat exciting strangeness.

It's the "strange nature" of it that really makes me wonder what /exactly/ it is.

I'm just imagining at this point...

But... it's almost like I could sense a glimmer of her deep-seated desires that she was trying to hide/stifle.

And what were those desires exactly... hmmm...

Oh interesting clue for "Deep seated desire". Yearn.

have an intense feeling of longing for something, typically something that one has lost or been separated from.

Oh well, a recent breakup is not hard to predict. She looked maybe a little distraught. Not unlike how I was distraught following the stark realization I'd probably never see the HEB chick again a month later.

And the mosquito free season actually ends Feb 15, about 2 weeks earlier than I wanted, lol. Saw a mosquito today, fudge.

So the mosquito free season is from Dec1 to Feb 15.

Oh well, I see I'm going to be making use of that mosquito suit. And some denim pants. And a denim longsleeve shirt if I can find one.

Wear some leather gloves...

Get one of those brim hats with the mosquito cover for it...

Should be covered.

And the cicadas started out today, I can hear them. Feb 15.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/be7869b4-b624-3d9f-ba35-3b2bc07596f4/ss_listen-to-the-bond-markets%3A-a.html

Listen To The Bond Markets: A Recession Is Just Round The Corner

Really? You're telling me the stock market can induce a recession? It seems like historically, at least since the 50s, the only thing that could induce a recession was a critical resource shortage, like food, oil or mortages.

The DJIA could plummet to the ends of the earth (Like during the 70s), but unemployment still remained below 7%.

What's different this time?

I suppose the inequality of wealth is at its highest, thanks to the QEs putting lots of funny money in the hands of the .0001% and boosting the stock market significantly, making all other rich large shareholders even that much wealthier than the average folk, as of now anyway.

So, I wondered... what caused the great depression? Was widespread "dust bowl" crop failures? The stock market crash of 1929?

http://www.ushistory.org/us/48.asp

It is far too simplistic to view the stock market crash as the single cause of the Great Depression. A healthy economy can recover from such a contraction. Long-term underlying causes sent the nation into a downward spiral of despair. First, American firms earned record profits during the 1920s and reinvested much of these funds into expansion. By 1929, companies had expanded to the bubble point. Workers could no longer continue to fuel further expansion, so a slowdown was inevitable. While corporate profits, skyrocketed, wages increased incrementally, which widened the distribution of wealth.

The richest one percent of Americans owned over a third of all American assets. Such wealth concentrated in the hands of a few limits economic growth. The wealthy tended to save money that might have been put back into the economy if it were spread among the middle and lower classes. Middle class Americans had already stretched their debt capacities by purchasing automobiles and household appliances on installment plans.

Well, look... they're talking about that inequality of wealth and "middle class americans" who have stretched their debt capacities. Aren't those the problems I've been hearing of recently in the news?

Even more parallels.

-Corporate profits soared.
-Worker wages increased only incrementally.
-Wealth concentrated into the hands of wealthy, who don't spend money, instead saving it or investing. (me in other words, lol.)
-Debt capacities stretched to the limit.

Well, I guess it's plausible a stock market crash could induce a recession since we do have precedent from the 30s.

As to "stretching their debt capacities", I wonder why they just didn't default.

Seems to me, based on the morgage meltdown, people have no problems defaulting.

If debt is really the main instigator in this (in robbing one of discretionary income, the stuff that powers the economy), then it would almost seem to me the main cause of the Great Depression is misplaced guilt and a sense of slavishness to the wall street banks.

The same banks I cursed off for having been mainly responsible for the morgage crisis.

Simply, by avoiding the risk of the loan by selling them to investors thru CDOs, they were motivated to push as much debt as they possibly could, inflating housing prices far beyond they would otherwise, especially with the speculators. This made the crash that much more severe when it did happen, shutting down industries, like construction and mortgage making, large components in the economy, which further plunged it into darkness.

If only banks had fully accepted the risk of the loan, like they normally do and /should do/, they wouldn't have been so liberal and risky with their loan making. The last thing you want is for the banks, especially the "too big to fail" wall street types, to be making risky loans with reckless abandon that could sink the bank.

Ironically by avoiding risk by pushing debt off to investors, they created systemic risk, inadvertently putting themselves at risk from the severity of the resulting crash due to all that speculative capital (People buying homes and flipping them) deepening the price crash, leading to widespread defaults that sunk the banks.

This crash is incomparable to the Japanese real estate crash in the early 90s, because the nature of limited space due to the island's geography, meant there was a wide disbalance between supply and demand, creating higher volatility. I guess the affect was much the same in terms of price volatility being high, them due to limited space, in America, due to the banks avoiding risky loans by pushing it off to investors. I guess maybe they're more similar than I'd think.

---------

Ok, well, if we do have a stock market induced lowly paid over-debted americans depression on our hands, I wonder what assets are the best to invest in.

Surely there's lessons from the 30s on this.

Will the stock market continue its boom-bust cycles?

Or will it just smolder...

Let's see if we can find charts.

https://leduc998.wordpress.com/2008/05/17/dow-jones1930-1939/

graph1930-19391.gif

Well, looks like it will continue to follow the same trend.

Looks like it took 2 years to crash (Usually takes 1-2 years for the djia to crash, so that's normal), then 5 years to peak after the trough.

So loading up on triple etfs after this crash looks like it'd be a great strategy.

Seems like 5-9 years is the going amount time to peak after trough. Look for consistent volatility (VIX) signaling the beginning of a plausible crash. The DJIA crashes slowly, giving more than enough time to identify a plausible peak. (7-9 years peak to peak is the normal trend, I don't think it has EVER exceeded 9 years.)

And interesting, we see the Smoot hawley tariff being created right before the crash.

Isn't that what Trump's been doing recently? Creating tariffs.

Expensive solar panels now, fudge.

Interestingly, many pages online draw parallels between herbert hoover and trump.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=lmWFWtyqMIeQsAXegZn4Aw&q=herbert+hoover+trump&oq=herbert+hoover+trump&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i22i30k1l2.612744.619775.0.620212.20.20.0.0.0.0.475.2817.0j9j2j1j1.13.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..7.13.2813...35i39k1j0i67k1j0i131k1j0i20i264k1j0i131i20i264k1j0i131i67k1.0.vdZkLiCbOIo

So, appears we're at high risk of a modern "Great Depression".

And I purposely recession proofed my life, granted... I'm getting the hell out of this mexican hellhole! Wouldn't want to be here during a great depression, lol.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/will-donald-trump-be-herbert-hoover-all-over-again/2016/11/11/8e533600-a820-11e6-8042-f4d111c862d1_story.html?utm_term=.46ee4917ac39

Hoover took over in a time of general prosperity but stagnant wages and vast income inequality. Populists in Congress proposed dramatic increases in tariffs to help the struggling agricultural sector, the equivalent of today’s beleaguered blue-collar workers.

Interesting, again, doesn't that sound familiar...

It seems like between /that/ great depression and /this/ possible one, the living standards are a bit higher and food /shouldn't/ be as much of an issue. I'm not even sure if it was much of an issue during the Great Depression.

------------

Dang, from nearly 300 to 40. Wow, that implies the current stock market would reach as low as 4000, assuming no fed intervention. Doesn't seem like they would... banks aren't at risk of failing... I think... But if the feds do decide to intervene, that's the time to BUUUY!!!

I like this new neighborhood because it's mostly not-mexican (And the one spaniard there looks wealthy and probably not hosting 20+ illegals) and there's only so much worse it could plausibly get in terms of new neighbors since it's on a court.

So, even though it's not exactly a gated community, it has some of the same benefits in terms of keeping the neighbor quality up.

Unlike this current area... quickly becoming little mexico! And neighbor quality is already bad.

swbluto said:
I like this new neighborhood because it's mostly not-mexican (And the one spaniard there looks wealthy and probably not hosting 20+ illegals) and there's only so much worse it could plausibly get in terms of new neighbors since it's on a court.

So, even though it's not exactly a gated community, it has some of the same benefits in terms of keeping the neighbor quality up.

Unlike this current area... quickly becoming little mexico! And neighbor quality is already bad.
WOW, moved in a day. How did they go thru all the title work in days? Are you building yet :lol:

Dan

DAND214 said:
swbluto said:

WOW, moved in a day. How did they go thru all the title work in days? Are you building yet :lol:

Dan

Lol, I haven't moved in yet, looks like roughly another 2.5 weeks for the title search to clear. Once the search clears, I'm going to start clearing out the property. I don't think the seller is going to be so finicky it hasn't closed yet.

I did, however... mostly moved into the shack right now. Just need a few more things, but operations are getting started in about 10 minutes.

swbluto said:
Listen To The Bond Markets: A Recession Is Just Round The Corner

Really? You're telling me the stock market can induce a recession?

Does the expression 'Leading INDICATOR' mean anything to you? Listen to what it is telling you vs. watch what it's doing?

Plummeting doesn't go to the ends of the Earth. It goes downward. As they used to say, "All the way to. . . China."

Okay, well... leading indicator. Ok, so I just wonder...hmmm...

The parallels with the 20s is pretty remarkable.

I'm willing to bet they were having a heyday from 26-28, just like this decade, I'm guessing.

It's just kind of hard to imagine it being "real bad", but I'll admit that's simply due to my particular position right now. It's already bad, lol, and can't get that much worse, lol.

Okay, moved into the shack almost fully now. Bed made, electronics transferred, and outdoor light wired.

And this thing needs some ventilation, lol.

Asked the bank clerk, assistant manager, if she knew of any nightclubs. She gave this disbelief reaction, and so I explained how I'm asking everyone now because it seems like no one knows, and she started using those "Baby tones" because I'm guessing she interpreted that as "I'm looking", and she already saw my bank balance, lol.

Yep, okay, it's definitely a thing. Girl who starts using baby tones or whatever meaning they're trying to attract you, endear you or something. (Just like the HEB chick... but that came AFTER the eye lock. This girl started using the baby tones when I didn't make a move on her one iota and I definitely don't think I indicated interest.)

---------

On the otherhand, Houston was feeling it in late july as was I on the platforms.

Someone asked me if I needed any eggs at the post office, trying to sell them. (That never happens)

Somebody at Kroger's was hitting me up for money, "for gas" they said. (That's never happened before or after, either.)

So, Houston feels the beat of the nation just like the rest of the nation, at least to some extent. It wouldn't surprise me if it felt a stock market crash, though I don't understand the concrete connections. But, we do have precedent, so...

I think of Yahoo news as the mouthpiece of the Wallstreet banks (They'll delete any antibank comments), and I see articles like "This only a correction, this is great time to load up for you millenials who are in it for the long haul."

My thinking...

itsatrap.jpg

The wallstreet elite are trying to snatch every last dollar they can just before they cause a crash... because they already know it's coming. And trump is going to get blamed, just like hoover did.

I'm just really hoping we have one more gangbusters christmas... because... then I'd be set. :mrgreen:

House, cars, swimming pool, and enough money in the bank to last a good long while... lol

And I'll have my crops, lol.

Another great gatbsy in the making... lol

I do get the sense that not a lot of people have savings in Houston, cutting it close to the wire.

If they had savings, they wouldn't necessarily be so desperate for 2 short weeks.

Though, it seemed like I was coming across desperate people across all of July.

Starting out with the HEB chick on July 1st...

And I was just imagining myself at this house, commuting to the woodlands for my good paying job at 6:30, doing my running routine right before work, just collecting cash and left right, almost pure savings, while living the life in my purely owned home in a pretty decent location and definitely better neighborhood.

Visit the Courthouse of the County or District in Which the Land Is Situated
Chains of title and deed information are available for your perusal if you visit the courthouse. You must go to the courthouse where the land is located. In some cases, you may have to go through the different papers by hand, noting the specific transfers of the title and any requirements that went along with it. This form of title search is time consuming, but it is free.

Good to note for the future, title searches can be done DIY for free.

Once the title search clears, just fill out the standard TREC form and turn it into the county.

But... am I missing something...

When does the deed actually gets possessed right in hand? Does the owner just hand over some kind of "deed paper"? I'm not sure if I've seen one of these deed papers before, doesn't seem like I got one when I purchased this property. It almost seems like I got a photocopy of one from the title company, though. Or they printed out some kind of form, or something.

[youtube]MnQcExGaEvk[/youtube]

She's so right.

You don't feel like cheating on someone you really love. Such was the HEB chick.

But someone you're not really in love with? Yeah, it's OK to use them until they're no longer attractive. The hit it and quit it girls.

The other day a guy in a near new Range Rover was begging at AM/PM. And in the past there was the three generations, mother, daughter, granddaughter, that begged all the time in the near new Excursion and boy did they become downright verbally assaultive at what some people said. Got to where I had my phone out to call 911 whenever I saw them. I made a point of telling them that's what I was doing and they'd flee.

swbluto said:
The parallels with the 20s is pretty remarkable.

I'm willing to bet they were having a heyday from 26-28, just like this decade, I'm guessing.

In 1926 the Republican party campaigned with ads that said "We're the party who put a car in every garage and a chicken in every pot." And there was a country full of people saying 'Dude, where's my car? Where's my chicken?' Economists were going to learn a lot in the next few decades. But the country was struggling even as the stock market rose throughout the roaring twenties.

So the government thought the way to go had been low interest rates. History low interest rates were an indicator of 'Pent up demand.' People had saved their money and the banks didn't know what to do with it. You put the right product out there, there would be people who could afford it. But we were entering into a new era of currency manipulation. The government was duping people, business people fell for it. It helps that there was far less communication. Years after this there was a 'Riot' in my Father's small down, largely because of rumors in a place with no daily newspaper, no radio station, no way of people getting the news of what was REALLY happening on a certain matter. Much of America was like that.

But even the government didn't know for sure what it was doing. That much never changes. This was before Keynes vomited anything about that 'Priming the pump' nonsense. The fact that it took awhile to receive the order, to ship the order, to get the word that they'd sold what they'd ordered, you have to accept it was harder for them to realize there was a backlog in the warehouses and storerooms.

Meanwhile, all that low interest and factory orders had people buying stock on margin. And the margin was much bigger than today, that's one of the lessons they were about to learn. That's funny, the only demand that went up was for stock. I wonder how many cars and chickens people could have bought if they weren't 'Priming the pump' for---Can you guess. . . ?

But yeah, for all the troubles people were having, all the things that are supposed to be what happened DURING the depression that actually started before, for all that people believed that things were getting better. Farmers were dumping their milk after milking the cows because it would cost more than they could sell it for if they took it to market. It would get worse during the depression even as there WAS a market but the farmer couldn't borrow the money to transport it.

Meanwhile the warehouses were full of inventory noone could afford to buy. Why would anyone be employed to make any more?

And at that time, one of the biggest hits in the country at time, the Carter Family. Johnny Cash's 2nd wife wasn't born yet, but her parents and oldest sister were doing fine without her. The song was a country music staple for 80 years by the time internet sensation Lulu and the lampshades turned it into 'The Cup Song.' Leading of course to their version being performed by Anna Kendrick in 'Pitch Perfect.'

Oh, and the woman singing in the Gaelic. Is it the Cup Song? Who knows, I can't speak the Gaelic.

[youtube]jMl4-Z4t7hI[/youtube]

[youtube]DWCOYJg9ps4[/youtube]

[youtube]Ixi9imJZ40M[/youtube]

[youtube]s-FRczaE1Ek[/youtube]

Dauntless said:
Meanwhile, all that low interest and factory orders had people buying stock on margin. And the margin was much bigger than today, that's one of the lessons they were about to learn. That's funny, the only de.mand that went up was for stock. I wonder how many cars and chickens people could have bought if they weren't 'Priming the pump' for---Can you guess. . . ?

That makes a lot of sense, more margin = more leverage = higher price peak = the harder they fall.

So this stock market crash probably won't be nearly as severe, numerically speaking anyway.

I believe "high margin" is one of the main reasons why the mortgage crisis was what it was. Tales of $14,400 year juanito getting a mortgage to a $700,000 california house, tells me "margin" during the real estate bubble years was REALLY high.

Thankfully, it seems like we have good margins in place for both the real estate and stock market, so presumably any of them crashing won't be nearly as severe as their predecessors. They'll still happen, and fear will still pervade the land, but it won't be /as bad/.

[And on the otherside of the coin, real estate /should/ be more affordable to all cash purchasers, like me. mhhmmmm.... Of course, they're always at their most affordable after a crash, just that real estate crashes don't appear to happen that often as compared to the stock market, so "waiting it out", especially for a personal residence, isn't that practical with a possible 20-30 year timeline.]

People jumping to their deaths over 'funny money' (i.e., bank loans and "margin"), the inanity. People were less wise back then, however, to the legerdemain of the banks. Most still are.

Hmmm... so the walmart gal...

when I did the wistful thing, "Something you want but you know you can't have"...

I wonder...

Did I just instinctually read her facial expression and read "just broke up", and just copied her internal emotion in a kneejerk reaction?

That seems a little freaky, actually... but I almost suspect that...

Or was I flashing back to the HEB chick, with her brown frizzy hair? lol.

Kind of seems like I was the next time I enjoyed her mental image. That was definitely an explicit "Not attracted to the walmart gal, still attached to the HEB chick" imagining.

But, if I stop reading into it, I think I was just communicating I wanted her.

And girls want to be wanted. Just like guys want to be wanted.

Although.... if I were to be more precise...

Girls want to be wanted by hot guys, just like guys want to be wanted by hot girls... lol

And what's attractive in guys? Bold fearless brashness. It's also intoxicating with females, but they also have that beauty and youth thing going for them. (Or... against them sometimes...) Just like men have that wealth and muscles thing going for them. (Or... against them sometimes...)

Maybe that's what the HEB chick fell in "true love" with... that fearlessness...

Just jogged a mile with ease. I think, with jogging, I can probably easily do 3+ miles a day. I usually try to do the mile at the upper ends of speed, but not so today.

Someone responded: "Only people from wealthy families and good connections can do this [start a successful business at 34]."

I replied:
"Or people who played the credit card game and have excellent credit financing..."

BAM... deleted.

Woah, I guess the wall street banks don't want people getting any wise ideas... lol.

If I didn't know better, I'd guess the banks might have a target on me via yahoo, lol [They might be thinking... "This thieving little weasal bragging about the product of all his ill-gotten funds that he keeps bragging about"... but, that's not really true. I actually earned like the vast majority of it thru work and business. And unlike her, I started my business at 28. It took about 1 prior business idea failure and about 5 months to get a successful idea going. What I learned from that "failure" was businesses that require high levels of trust don't succeed online. I also figured out... instead of inventing ideas... figure out what's actually selling and sell it too, only better than them.]

Feeling some vague unrelenting tiredness which a nap couldn't dissuade, I had some cocoa powder and NOW I feel awake. That literally took like 10 seconds to pick me up. (I didn't start the day off with cocoa because it was in the RV)

So, checked out the property further in depth.

And, wow, those pine trees are TALL.

And the neighbor has fences to the left, and powerlines to the south.

So tall trees ain't coming down, lol.

Looks like backyard is pretty treeless though, so that's good. Plenty of sun for the crops.

Looks like there's a pretty wide canopy leafy tree to plant the house under. So, think I found the tree I'm going to use for summer midafternoon shade,lol.

And the neighbors are white people, cool. Bunch of crazy whiteys, lol.

Got told of these crazy girls that get high and like running around naked at night. He said they're pretty too.

Hmm... "pretty rebellious" girls in my experience means "EASY", lol. Not that I have expectations, but it's plausible.

Even though I can tell they are my "kind of people'"(I guess... hell if I really know, lol. Definitely more so than the illegals! lol.), ooh boy, definitely not like "computer science friends" kind of people, lol. I don't know how to qualify that exactly... Seems like that guy I talked to knew quite a few families in the area, lived here all his 40 years or so (Knows of more of the "my town" families than I do, lol.). Apparently didn't know of them thru church, so friends of friends and acquaintances of friends, I'm assuming. Or friends of friends of the family, lived with his mom and uncle or something.

At first glance, looks like a relatively good neighborhood. People there are working and striving in life, as opposed to primarily methheads and the unemployed and illegals in this particular area or the "given up on life" retirees which seem to characterize this area. And the sole reason that seems to be is that those properties are normally twice as expensive, so not /the cheapest option/.

(The particular property I got is the only smaller property in that particular area, so it didn't cost that much more than what I paid for this one, and actually I'm paying significantly less than what people are paying for these lots nowadays. Was able to do that because owners don't know the market value, they only know the county valuation.)

see-this-this-is-where-dreams-go-to-die.jpg

swbluto said:
Even though I can tell they are my "kind of people'"(I guess... hell if I really know, lol. Definitely more so than the illegals! lol.),

You'll be able to tell if they're your kind by if they SUCCEED at gunning you down instead of crawling around with the rifle but never getting a shot off. Oh maybe if they skin and eat you. While you're still alive.

Oh, your Yahoo group might be a support group for failures. Making it seem they could have succeeded may well be unwelcome.

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
Even though I can tell they are my "kind of people'"(I guess... hell if I really know, lol. Definitely more so than the illegals! lol.),

You'll be able to tell if they're your kind by if they SUCCEED at gunning you down instead of crawling around with the rifle but never getting a shot off. Oh maybe if they skin and eat you. While you're still alive.

Lol, what? You seem to think I go around gunning people down for pleasure or something? lol.

It's true, though, what I do intend on doing, I do get done. Luckily, I've never intended on killing anyone and likely never will. See...I have too much upside in life to do something that could cut it really short and miserable.

There should be a song on that... 30 seconds of pleasure for life in jail. Was it worth it?

I don't even kick my dog... because 10 seconds of pleasure is not worth having a dog who won't wag his tail around me, lol.

But,hypothetically,if I'm fundamentally vicious and so was the HEB chick... soul mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back