Kuberg Free Rider

XS is a smaller version of the Freerider / Its because you get it with an RST fork instead of Manitou and the bike will be lower. Freerider STreet will not be in the US until late summer I think.

I configured a bike with the shorter fork and 20" wheels, and the seat height was then listed as the same 34.5". Anyone know the actual seat height with the short fork and 20" wheels? The fork is only .8" shorter...

you could also lower the seat height by running a bit shorter rear shock.. of course this will reduce the suspension travel as well but if your riding street then you wouldn't need or want long travel suspension.. is the RST front suspension option still a dual crown fork? if so then you could run a single crown fork instead to lower the bike front end..

example :
11110203_1633658650204839_3723348483271629446_o.jpg

LeftieBiker said:
XS is a smaller version of the Freerider / Its because you get it with an RST fork instead of Manitou and the bike will be lower. Freerider STreet will not be in the US until late summer I think.

I configured a bike with the shorter fork and 20" wheels, and the seat height was then listed as the same 34.5". Anyone know the actual seat height with the short fork and 20" wheels? The fork is only .8" shorter...

Thanks, but I don't want to have to extensively modify a bike just to fit on it. The Light Bee seems to be a better size.

LeftieBiker said:
Thanks, but I don't want to have to extensively modify a bike just to fit on it. The Light Bee seems to be a better size.

The light bee is also: made in China
twice the weight of the Kuberg
cheaper in price
has a bigger battery with less C rating(range over power)
has better rear suspension
stronger but heavier wheels
has kickstand(who cares drop it)

If I didn't extensively modify my Freerider I would be way too big for it (6'3" 220lbs) the bike doesn't even weigh half of me(80lbs)
so changing a rear shock isn't the end of the world

I think each bike has their place. Id like to ride with a Sur-ron but unfortunately there aren't many ebikers near me

cheaper in price

I though that the Freerider was 80lbs and the Light Bee 110...?

LeftieBiker said:
cheaper in price

I though that the Freerider was 80lbs and the Light Bee 110...?

for some reason I thought Sur-ron was 75kg but apparently its only 50kg. A owner will have to chime in on official weight, my bad

I remember thinking, looking at the specs, that the Light bee with the pack removed (30lbs) would weigh the same as the Freerider with pack on board.

Got these from Sur-ron thread, yes this is off topic but just clearing up my earlier post

48v battery weighs 10kg, 48v bike complete weigh s 50kg
60v battery weighs 12kg, 60v bike complete weighs 52kg

so 115 pounds versus 84 pounds

For those of you looking for a test drive in the US we are a Kuberg dealer located in the midwest next to Cincinnati, OH in Lawrenceburg, IN. I am in love with the Kuberg line of electric dirt bikes. They make so much sense for a lot of reasons. I have several reviews and videos on my FB page just search Adrenaline Motorsports Toys. I love how quick you can tune them to teach new kids how to ride by easily turning the bike down and back up as they progress.

As for the Free Rider and the Pro 50, if you don't own one you are missing out. These have tremendous power and I am impressed every time I take one out. I went up a hill yesterday after the rain and climbed it like a tank. Same hill I needed 4x4 in with my quad. This was the first time that I took out the Free Rider over the holiday weekend. Before that it was just test drives on pavement not wanting to get it dirty. Well its a full on demo unit now. This thing was a beast in the trails. I have grown up on motorsports since I was 5 and the instant torque electric gives off is addicting. You can start from a dead stop and take off up hills like nothing. I am 5'9" and 185 lbs. Yes I prob look goofy to some but I felt right on it. I had no problem getting on with seat height and the suspension is top notch and super forgiving. My only upset was I ended my day with a flat. Any one know what tires the guy had that was racing the enduro event with in an earlier thread? Electric is where its's at.

adrmoto said:
For those of you looking for a test drive in the US we are a Kuberg dealer located in the midwest next to Cincinnati, OH in Lawrenceburg, IN. I am in love with the Kuberg line of electric dirt bikes. They make so much sense for a lot of reasons. I have several reviews and videos on my FB page just search Adrenaline Motorsports Toys. I love how quick you can tune them to teach new kids how to ride by easily turning the bike down and back up as they progress.

As for the Free Rider and the Pro 50, if you don't own one you are missing out. These have tremendous power and I am impressed every time I take one out. I went up a hill yesterday after the rain and climbed it like a tank. Same hill I needed 4x4 in with my quad. This was the first time that I took out the Free Rider over the holiday weekend. Before that it was just test drives on pavement not wanting to get it dirty. Well its a full on demo unit now. This thing was a beast in the trails. I have grown up on motorsports since I was 5 and the instant torque electric gives off is addicting. You can start from a dead stop and take off up hills like nothing. I am 5'9" and 185 lbs. Yes I prob look goofy to some but I felt right on it. I had no problem getting on with seat height and the suspension is top notch and super forgiving. My only upset was I ended my day with a flat. Any one know what tires the guy had that was racing the enduro event with in an earlier thread? Electric is where its's at.

If you're still running the 20" bicycle rim on the rear of your freerider then you should be able to fit a 16" moto tire on that same rim instead (just be careful with the tire levers not to damage the rim) .. the moto tire will last much longer than the bicycle tire, can be ran at lower pressure if desired for more traction, will be higher speed rated and much much more flat resistant.. something like a shinko 241 trials tire 2.75 or 3" x 16" size .. if your running the 24" bicycle rear rim, consider upgrading the rear rim to 19" moto rim and tire (it will have close to the same outer diameter) .. kuberg should also consider offering moto rear tire as an option (or upgrade).. for example : stealth electric bikes, LMX bikes, etc come with moto rear tire and Sur-ron light bee comes with 19" moto tires front and rear..

Im actually thinking about going to 18” moto front and back on mine, the only thing holding me back is the weight at the moment since i have dnm forks and they are flexy already. Best thing about its setup now is that its so tall everyone is scared to ride it...keep it all to my 6’3 self :)

skeetab5780 said:
Im actually thinking about going to 18” moto front and back on mine, the only thing holding me back is the weight at the moment since i have dnm forks and they are flexy already. Best thing about its setup now is that its so tall everyone is scared to ride it...keep it all to my 6’3 self :)

aren't you currently running 26" front and 24" rear bicycle rims and tires on your modified freerider?? if so then 21" front and 19" rear moto rims and tires will be closer to your current wheel combination outer diameter.. 18" moto rims and tires will be heavier because they normally only come in wider (rear) sizes, whereas 19" and 21" moto rims and tires are available in narrower (front) lighter weight sizes (1.4 or 1.6 rim width) .. prowheel play bike rims with holmes moped nipples ..

They are actually lighter than what ive seen, they also have lightest tire by far from any moto tires, they look like maxis holy rollers but moto. They are the eastgem 24” special wheels. I got them a while ago but never ran them. I dont need to keep the bike so big. Ill have to measure seat height its taller than 250cc bikes.

skeetab5780 said:
They are actually lighter than what ive seen, they also have lightest tire by far from any moto tires, they look like maxis holy rollers but moto. They are the eastgem 24” special wheels. I got them a while ago but never ran them. I dont need to keep the bike so big. Ill have to measure seat height its taller than 250cc bikes.

ok so you have these rims :
http://www.eastgem.net/motorcycle-rim-24.html

and these tires :
http://www.eastgem.net/tire-24x3.html

or something else??

that's a pretty nice setup, but I would probably want a bit more knobby tires for aggressive off-road use..

Yes im pretty sure they are lighter than any mx ive seen by far making them worth it to me. Im already using holy rollers so im used to this type of traction. I typically ride hard packed trails. The only thing i dont like about them is the 10awg spokes. Its all they offer

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
adrmoto said:

If you're still running the 20" bicycle rim on the rear of your freerider then you should be able to fit a 16" moto tire on that same rim instead (just be careful with the tire levers not to damage the rim) .. the moto tire will last much longer than the bicycle tire, can be ran at lower pressure if desired for more traction, will be higher speed rated and much much more flat resistant.. something like a shinko 241 trials tire 2.75 or 3" x 16" size .. if your running the 24" bicycle rear rim, consider upgrading the rear rim to 19" moto rim and tire (it will have close to the same outer diameter) .. kuberg should also consider offering moto rear tire as an option (or upgrade).. for example : stealth electric bikes, LMX bikes, etc come with moto rear tire and Sur-ron light bee comes with 19" moto tires front and rear..

Anyone try the CST C183A in a 3.0-16? or the IRC Intermediate terrain front in a 2.5-16 ? And yes I still have the stock size wheels.

adrmoto said:
adrmoto said:

Anyone try the CST C183A in a 3.0-16? or the IRC Intermediate terrain front in a 2.5-16 ? And yes I still have the stock size wheels.

CST C183A looks like a pretty similar tread pattern to shinko 241, lots of ppl on here are running the shinko 241(including me) .. but the CST website doesn't seem to list the C183A as available in 16" size (that I saw)..

which tread pattern IRC? this one :
http://www.irc-tire.com/en/mc/products/dirt/gs-45z1/

FRONT
IRC No. SIZE TREAD TYPE L.I. OVERALL
DIAMETER OVEROLL
WIDTH
T10334 2.50-16 GS45Z1 TT 36L 546 75

looks good to me, worth a try.. about 3" measured tire width.. comes stock as original equipment on the HONDA CRF80 & CRF100 and the KAWASAKI KLX110.. what is the max tire width that will fit on the freerider rear (without contacting the chain, etc)??

this thread has a lot of discussion about running different moto tires on ebikes / emotos ..
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55458

adrmoto said:
adrmoto said:

CST C183A looks like a pretty similar tread pattern to shinko 241, lots of ppl on here are running the shinko 241(including me) .. but the CST website doesn't seem to list the C183A as available in 16" size (that I saw)..

which tread pattern IRC? this one :
http://www.irc-tire.com/en/mc/products/dirt/gs-45z1/

FRONT
IRC No. SIZE TREAD TYPE L.I. OVERALL
DIAMETER OVEROLL
WIDTH
T10334 2.50-16 GS45Z1 TT 36L 546 75

looks good to me, worth a try.. about 3" measured tire width.. comes stock as original equipment on the HONDA CRF80 & CRF100 and the KAWASAKI KLX110.. what is the max tire width that will fit on the freerider rear (without contacting the chain, etc)??

this thread has a lot of discussion about running different moto tires on ebikes / emotos ..
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55458

Very nice write up on Bike vs MC rims. I read all about that once but never seen it in one page. The one issue I see on the back tire of the kuberg is clearing the subrame for tires height not so much the width. Plenty of room for more width but if it pushes the tire taller it will be to close to the subframe. That is all I am worried about. Also that is the IRC I was asking about.

Hi all, first time poster here!
I’ve been reading this very interesting thread. Thanx for all the usefull info thus far!
A few weeks ago I found a used and spect out Freerider here in the Netherlands. Unfortunate this week it stopt running and gives a repeatedly rattling sound from the (12kw) controller. Green light pulsates, so the battery should be good. I did load the battery and checked the connections within the controller. Everything looks solid. I do have the 8Kw controller, so i’m thinking to swap it with the 12 kw in the bike. Anyone of you experienced Freeriders have any idea what’s happening here? I have no warranty on the bike so I’d thought I’ll ask it here first... Help would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Bas

Bassiesbike said:
Hi all, first time poster here!
I’ve been reading this very interesting thread. Thanx for all the usefull info thus far!
A few weeks ago I found a used and spect out Freerider here in the Netherlands. Unfortunate this week it stopt running and gives a repeatedly rattling sound from the (12kw) controller. Green light pulsates, so the battery should be good. I did load the battery and checked the connections within the controller. Everything looks solid. I do have the 8Kw controller, so i’m thinking to swap it with the 12 kw in the bike. Anyone of you experienced Freeriders have any idea what’s happening here? I have no warranty on the bike so I’d thought I’ll ask it here first... Help would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Bas

I don't think anyone on this forum has a freerider that actually rides it and can help you troubleshoot. I'm the only one who regularly posts on the freerider, but my bike doesn't use any of the stock components. I built it frame up

I would start by testing the battery making sure it is actually outputting voltage and its not being cut off by a BMS, or test the 12kw controller with a different battery if you have one available of similar voltage.

then I would test the bike on the 8kw controller to see if the 12kw controller has a fault somewhere, process of elimination is the best methods

Post some pics please if you can

wanted to post a pic of my Kuberg bike with the new 18" Denzel wheels on it, since this thread is lacking pics overall figured why not. This is only possible with the swing extended(pretty easy job)
IMG_2746.JPG

Does anyone know if it is possible to make the Freerider street legal edit: in the U.S. (Florida, to be specific).? I heard you couldn't make the Sur-Ron legal due to the frame VIN number or something? I don't really understand it, but was wondering if this bike has the same issue.

itsmark said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to make the Freerider street legal edit: in the U.S. (Florida, to be specific).? I heard you couldn't make the Sur-Ron legal due to the frame VIN number or something? I don't really understand it, but was wondering if this bike has the same issue.

both surron and kuberg are now available in homolgated street legal versions with VIN number, etc.. but have not arrived in the usa, yet.. there is a kuberg dealer in FL so maybe contact them for availability of the homolgated version and legality for your location.. kubergflorida.com

57203916_661530900968521_2082714785262075904_o.jpg

But do the original dirt Kuberg Freeriders have a VIN? I don't think I noticed one stamped on the frame. I would love to ride my Kuberg on the road but its way above moped power so id be tempted to stay with traffic at 50mph which would require a real motorcycle plate/insurance in my state

But there are forum members that have registered Sur-rons as Mopeds without VIN's depending on the state you live in rules are much different. In MA they go by the honor system...which means you can lie if you want on your application, get a sticker and if you get caught by a cop your in trouble now.

also the pegs on that street version seem so much wider than mine! I want them!

Back