Vector Light Commuter Build

It's definitely not enough. Unfortunately I can't go much larger. I have the new fat bike rear end for the Vector light frames. Artur uses a 38T max with these rear ends. I was trying to figure out how to extend the bottom bracket spindle so I could run a larger toothed front crank but its not an easy task. The bottom bracket measures 100mm and the spindle is 164mm. Finding a spindle that will fit has been incredibly difficult. I've also considered replacing the entire bottom bracket but I haven't found any options that give a large enough spindle width in a 100mm bottom bracket shell size.

For the time being, my plan is to get the bike running with the 36T and figure out how to upgrade it later.

DriftTrike said:
It's definitely not enough. Unfortunately I can't go much larger. I have the new fat bike rear end for the Vector light frames. Artur uses a 38T max with these rear ends. I was trying to figure out how to extend the bottom bracket spindle so I could run a larger toothed front crank but its not an easy task. The bottom bracket measures 100mm and the spindle is 164mm. Finding a spindle that will fit has been incredibly difficult. I've also considered replacing the entire bottom bracket but I haven't found any options that give a large enough spindle width in a 100mm bottom bracket shell size.

For the time being, my plan is to get the bike running with the 36T and figure out how to upgrade it later.

Drift check this website out, it has a lot of funky bottom brackets for franken bikes :)
http://sickbikeparts.com/bottom-bracket-cartridge-206mm/

I've bought one in the past for a odd mid drive build before with a gen 1 farfle swingarm that needed a longer shaft

70 degrees in the middle of winter! Yes I will take the bike for a ride!

I really like the auto regen on throttle let off on a slow 36v bike. I tend to basically max the throttle and let it off to stop its really easy and I don't have to listen to my disc rotors squealing from the wet snow melt

But the bike is too slow now that the weather is warming up I need to go to 52v minimum now maybe more :)

Met my first Ebiker in MA in the last few years...yes that is how scarce we are out here!

I had to pull him over and chat him up, he had a nice gray Sondors fat tire bike, he seemed to be bored with 36v. I gave him my card and told him we can easily increase your system to 48 or 52v!

Snapped a picture of his ride
IMG_1858.JPG

seatpost is 31.6

Here's mine
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92531&p=1353484&hilit=vector+lite#p1353484

My day job will slow down after April 17th (taxes), more updates then. Sorry to hijack your thread Skeet

hi.

what bottom bracket would you use if you wanted to use 53t chainring?
needs to be larger than the usual or it will hit the frame.

devo1223 said:
My day job will slow down after April 17th (taxes), more updates then. Sorry to hijack your thread Skeet

No worries, I've been busy with other stuff myself so this bike just gets ridden to the corner store here and there...still performs great I have yet to even deplete or charge the battery pack yet since I went to 10s 42v

it's longer on the left side, the right side isn't much longer , i'm not sure if it's enough.

jordison said:
it's longer on the left side, the right side isn't much longer , i'm not sure if it's enough.

the fixed cup with the flange is usually on the right / drive side, so it may just be sitting on the table backwards.. also the fixed cup is glued on to the center core so apply a little heat and tap it off with a mallet then switch the cups if needed.. they also have a longer one available.. just keep in mind the longer the bb the worse your chain line will be..

Im planning to put a 52t on the front of mine i will see what i need for clearance soon!

Here is a shot of the new handlebars and stem, bit wider and nicer and shorter stem since other was too long
IMG_2198.JPG

So I put a good 50 miles on the bike this weekend and there are a few things I need to address that are bothering me

-chain keeps falling off over big bumps causing me to pull over 2-3 times a ride and get the hands greasy
-cannot pedal fast enough even with only 10s battery, can only assist on big hills then i'm pedaling too fast
-I'm having pedal strike issues with shock compressing too far down on corners this is very scary/dangerous and the reason why I need to move shock one position to higher the BB
-front brake cable needs to be shortened(easy)
-auto regen is very tough to commute with since you need to keep throttle held wide open the entire time causing fatigue of hand even on downhills

I have to move my rear shock to the top hole of the swimarm but I have to modify or crush the round tubing from the swingarm top tube to get the shock to fit in place since the mount is designed a bit wanky, that or I can grind down the shock butt

quick 5 min file job, it was that easy...and shock is now fixed, will test ride later but I think this will be happy spot
IMG_2199.JPG
IMG_2200.JPG
Here you can see what I filed away, its a bit tight hopefully nothing rubs, only took what I absolutely had to take out out
IMG_2201.JPG

Rear shock felt pretty good on the way home, the front fork angle isnt as steep now. It still seems a bit steep though. The bike is really tall when i stop and sit at lights but when i sit on it with my 220lb butt the shock sinks down a bit far. I thought to put the seat down a tad but i cannot since i have long legs and like to pedal for exercise. My cranks are 170mm i believe so i can only buy 5mm longer if i had to. I think my rear shock is 650lbs i may need to get the 750lb like my kuberg has

Well it looks like my week of awesome weather commuting is put on hold after 3 short days... Came to work today and everything has been going perfect, plug my bike in to charge while it sits at the side of my garage door bay...One of my "special" workers is taking a pallet in on the fork truck and completely runs over my HV satiator charger that costs $325 UGGGGGG

so shitty, I should have known better than to leave it there charging...The best part is when I pick the thing up in pieces and unplug it he says " do you think it still works".......ROFLMAO WTF
IMG_2204.JPG

Another 100 miles on the bike now. The only thing I feel that needs to be addressed is the chain falling off all the time. It comes off atleast two to five time on my 13 mile commute each way. It is starting to get annoying im going to look into it today since it looks like it going to downpour tonight so I will not be riding home likely

How many teeth is that it looks too small

problem is I cannot even assist past 20mph and my pedal cadence is too fast on only 10s 42v battery

I have a 52t chain ring but I don't have a spider with the correct BCD to try it. The guard will be a must. Im going to try taking a few links out of the chain first

FYI nice ride! looking much farther along than last I saw it :)

actually just laid the bike down and put the 52t near it and there is no way its going to happen... Maybe if you get a really wide BB but then chainline will be off and it will look a bit odd sprocket so close to frame

This is a eyeball I think its a bit closer to the frame in pics
IMG_2219.JPG
IMG_2220.JPG

Yep, I ran into the same problem. I've gone with a 40t chain ring and I would say it is probably the largest that will fit in the frame.

Combine that with a (14-17-20T) 3 Speed Freewheel and it's ok to pedal up to 40kph.

http://r.ebay.com/JMO7Q8

Does that 3spd freewheel have the right threads for a hub motor?

calfeetwenty said:
Does that 3spd freewheel have the right threads for a hub motor?

I'm not sure Shorza may, seems like a nice option but id prefer a 12t
1.jpg

Back