Tesla powered (with Volt Pack) Honda Accord 0-60 2.7 seconds

MitchJi

10 MW
Hi,

https://electrek.co/2018/02/21/tesla-powered-honda-accord-teslonda-conversion/
tesla-powered-honda-accord-teslonda-conversion

Now, he is putting some of his inventory up for sale through his new company HSR Motors. He is selling Tesla battery modules, drive units, and a custom control system that enables people to control Tesla motors for their conversion projects.

YouTube user ‘Jimmy Built’ is among the firsts to use a HSR Motors system – combined with a Chevy Volt battery pack – to convert a vehicle.

Here’s his ‘Teslonda’ electric Honda Accord launching from 0 to 60 mph in 2.7 seconds:
[youtube]IOLzpBzUXZs[/youtube]

He is also using a Chevy Volt EV battery pack, which supports a higher discharge than Tesla’s battery

I just figured it was smaller/lighter, I didn't realise it also had a higher discharge capability. That must make it greatly over-specced in the Volt, which is a nice bonus for future hot-rodders.

Punx0r said:
He is also using a Chevy Volt EV battery pack, which supports a higher discharge than Tesla’s battery

I just figured it was smaller/lighter, I didn't realise it also had a higher discharge capability. That must make it greatly over-specced in the Volt, which is a nice bonus for future hot-rodders.
Quoted from my signature:
The cells are rated conservatively by GM at 7.8C, Yabert's tests of Volt packs on the DiyEv car forum suggest a higher C rate, 15+ C!.

Punx0r said:
I just figured it was smaller/lighter, I didn't realise it also had a higher discharge capability. That must make it greatly over-specced in the Volt, .
Why "over specced" ?
At 16 kWh, even 15 C is only 240kW....not exactly excessive for a EV.... (And only for 4 mins !)
And at its rated 7.5 C (for maximum economic life, longer range, ect) ...only 120kW, which is "shopping" power levels !

The Volt has 2 motors , 111kW and 55kW.
Whilst i understand the total power is restricted to 111kW probably by the inverter , or more likely some software setting,... since there are many reports of software "hacks" to unleash more power.

Back