la Nina rears her ugly head

Next chance of precipitation is for tomorrow and tomorrow night. Hoping for a rainy Saint Valentine's day. The NWS forecast:
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Wednesday
A 10 percent chance of showers after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 65. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. Calm wind.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Calm wind.

We got misty sprinkles yesterday, and this morning just enough to dampen the bare dirt areas in the yard and leave a tiny hand-sized puddle on my newly-built metaltopped workbench under the back porch eaves, from the tiny bit of runoff there.

Otherwise it's just been cold and damp and joint-hurty.

Today was better for my joints, almost sunny at times and warmer, but no chance of rain.

Tomorrow's chances keep changing, but average around 50%, predicted between a tenth and a quarter of an inch on average.

THursday has been fairly steady at 30% or so chance of rain.

I'm hoping for as much rain as possible, because they've cut my hours by around 1/4 for an indeterminate amount of time, and I won't be able to afford to water unless I have to. No luxuriously-green yard this year, most likely.

Next chance of rain is on Sunday night and Monday. Haven't seen any yet today. :?
This Afternoon
Isolated showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tonight
Isolated showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 46. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 67. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Friday night
Mostly clear, with a low around 47.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 71.
Saturday Night
Clear, with a low around 46.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 68.
Sunday Night
A slight chance of showers after 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.
Monday
A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 60.
Monday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
Tuesday night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.

Sunday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers. Increasing clouds, with a low around 44. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Monday
A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 55.
Monday night
A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
:)

We seem to have gone back to winter from our temporary "spring" last week and week before, when we had high 70's low 80's F.

Been cloudy and drizzly and colder (60s and lower) this week, though it got mostly sunny today was still only high 60s at best.

Expected to be warmer tomorrow a few degrees, then getting colder and windier next week, with Monday being very windy and gusty >25MPH, and maybe even rainy.

Tonight
Showers likely, mainly between 10pm and 4am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 41. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Washington's Birthday
A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly before 10am. Sunny, with a high near 50. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
Monday Night
Areas of frost after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 31. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Tuesday
Areas of frost before 9am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 54. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Tuesdwy Night
Patchy frost after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 35. East wind around 5 mph.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Thursday
A slight chance of showers after 10am. Sunny, with a high near 60.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
Friday
A chance of showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 63.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

Being from the beach area I'm already freezing. :oops:

Freeze warning for here tonight. Down to 30 predicted. While balmy by Midwest standards, a lot of vegetation around here isn't built to survive freezing.

Windy and gusty (some very strong, at least 20MPH and a few high enough to push even my SB Cruiser trike around on the road a bit).

Cool, down to 60F now, got around 65 as the high when it was sunny this morning (by midday it got mostly cloudy, with spots of sun between chunks of scudding clouds).

No rain at all though some of the clouds were big thundercloud types, stacked high enough to make the bottoms really dark (like twilight when under them). No thunder or lightning either, for which Yogi is thankful. :)

Makes my bones ache though. :/

While I was at work we had light rain for about 15 minutes at dusk with some small hail. Streets wet when I got home. :)
Official total:
STATION PRECIP(IN) ELEVATION(FT)
HEMET VALLE VISTA 0.01 2050

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/nepac/h5-loop-ft.html
Tonight
Areas of frost after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 30. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
Wednesday
A 20 percent chance of showers after 11am. Areas of frost before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers before 11pm. Patchy frost after 11pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 36. South wind around 5 mph becoming east after midnight.
Thursday
A 20 percent chance of showers after 11am. Patchy frost before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 54. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Thursday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Fridsy
A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.

We got our winter back; it's cold enough on my ride home from work I ahd to add teh fuzzy liner back to my jacket, and the fuzzy collar cover too. (and longjohns).

It also got a couple degreees below freezing last night, before dawn, though it didn't do much but have a few frosty areas on the grass and remains of doggy chew sticks (ex-mulberry tree limbs).

Might get that cold tonight too; is already 38f out there only 2AM.

Bizarre weather in MN, but it means streets are clear and it's errands by bikes.
Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 9.14.59 AM.png

Monday
A 30 percent chance of showers after 4pm. Sunny, with a high near 61. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Monday Night
Showers likely, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tuesday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 10am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tuesday Night
A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Patchy frost after 10pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
Wednesdsy
Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Wednesday Night
A slight chance of showers after 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Thursday
A chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
Friday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 59.

Hoping for a "March Miracle" of sorts, maybe this will be it.

First measurable rain for February here. Whopping 0.1". We'll take whatever we can get. Forecast says 100% chance of rain Thursday now, but that will be March already.

30-50% chance rain tomorrow, mostly after noon, then pretty well guaranteed after evening as temperatures drop. Probably as thunderstorms, which Yogi won't be very happy about.

I'll probably come home to Yogi hiding on the bed trying to fit under the pillows, and Kirin waiting drenched out in the rain for me. :lol:

If it does pour, I'll get to test my waterproofing on the wiring under the trike. ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGKCFDGrunE&feature=youtu.be
If it snows i'm waking everybody else up to see it. 8)
Here's the radar view of the storm:
https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/pacsouthwest_loop.php

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
******************************************************************************************************** :)
No snow here, plenty visible in the surrounding mountains and foothills. 8)

This Afternoon
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 4pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Tonight
A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Patchy frost after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 34. East wind around 5 mph.
Wednesday
Patchy frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 57. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 38. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Thursday
Increasing clouds, with a high near 60. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night
A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 42.
Friday
Rain. High near 56. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Friday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Saturday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 60.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 65.

Back