Loaded Vanguard Carbon Cast Ronin Single VESC 10S4P

whitepony said:
using as a heat-sink with the aluminum powder was an innovative way of thinking! How is it working, the motor staying cool ?

This is a question directed toward really anyone of reading this, but you guys know anywhere (Besides DIY) you can get any metal type of motor adapter ? AlienPowerSystems is completely sold out.

think the heat transfer into the truck isnt really working, despite aluminum powder. but the motor runs noticeably cooler just with the alien power mount (compared to enertion), since it uses the whole motor mount plate as heatsink.

whitepony said:
I'm assuming you have a battery spot welder, because I'm trying to figure out if the only way I can make my 10S4P is by buying a 200$ battery spot welders from Asia. If i need to then i will by one but I'm hoping there's another way i can put the battery pack together, thoughts ?

I built myself a spot welder for just about 80eur I think :) https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=70435&hilit=evolve+carbon#p1062504

Hm just about to start my build and thought i'd try for a carbon fiber/fiber glass battery enclosure, then i realized how damn expensive carbon fiber is :? whitepony what do you think about using using 5-6 layers of fiber glass then putting a carbon fiber vinyl on the top for esthetics, structurally do you think it would be fine with the loaded deck ?

yea, just fiber is fine, its actually more flexible probably. I would just skip the fake carbon vinyl though, it usually just looks fake and thats about it. fiber only enclosure is transparent, which is kinda cool imo! :)

I'm already in the 7th day or research formy first build, I can't hardly eat, this hobby is addicting as hell. :p

My initial plan was to build a Vanguard with dual motors, mostly for quick acceleration and simmetry, I was almost ready to buy the parts until I saw your build and the amount of work you invest on the board made me rethink about my plan, now I'm not sure if I should continue with it anymore.

It seems there would be no easy way to build a flexy board as the Vanguard with 10S4P battery without doing all the routing (tool which I don't have), carbon fiber enclosure (don't have the knowledge to mold it myself), making my own battery pack (don't own a spot welder, won't buy one for my build) and the most important part, a lot of time (which I won't have in the next months, baby on the way)

I'm really sad to see I will have to switch to a rigid board.

Do you know if there are custom available enclosures and battery packs for the Vanguard?

ebooosted said:
I'm already in the 7th day or research formy first build, I can't hardly eat, this hobby is addicting as hell. :p

My initial plan was to build a Vanguard with dual motors, mostly for quick acceleration and simmetry, I was almost ready to buy the parts until I saw your build and the amount of work you invest on the board made me rethink about my plan, now I'm not sure if I should continue with it anymore.

It seems there would be no easy way to build a flexy board as the Vanguard with 10S4P battery without doing all the routing (tool which I don't have), carbon fiber enclosure (don't have the knowledge to mold it myself), making my own battery pack (don't own a spot welder, won't buy one for my build) and the most important part, a lot of time (which I won't have in the next months, baby on the way)

I'm really sad to see I will have to switch to a rigid board.

Do you know if there are custom available enclosures and battery packs for the Vanguard?

Don't want to get too off topic, but any reason why you couldn't use 4x 10s1p packs wired in parallel, and SLS print a housing for each pack, to be slightly spaced apart to allow for flex? That way all you would need is the design/CAD skills to get it done. There are plenty of online print shops that will do sls cheaply.

Just spitballing a concept, but if you had a box the battery size with beveled edges and a round corners with a sort of channel to allow for extension, you could have 2 bolts through the board to hold each unit. SLS nylon with a channel will allow the flex needed to screw it up tight to make it more or less waterproof, and ribbing on the edges would make it withstand a fair bit of impact too. Composite moulding is just one way to get the parts you need.

I saw the Thingiverse design from Emancarrillo and I'm back on the track, he uses the MEB battery but it's a 12S2P

I'm looking to build a 35kms e-Board, so I'll need at least a 10S4P, maybe 2 packs of 5S4P

Hey whitepony! i just registered to the forum so i can write to you :D amazing work! im so inspired by your enthusiasm so i think im gonna give it a try as a newbie :) i have flex 2 too and i weight 70kg. i started to consider connection options between 2 enclosures and decided to ask about your opinion, greatly appreciated if you can answer.
do these 2 routed wire channels compromise the integrity of the board? can i get away just by filling them with resin and avoiding another layer of GFK on top of the board like you did?
i was thinking may be i can use tinned braided copper wires just like boosted boards under the grip tape this way routing could be avoided?
all those questions comes to my mind because i think those channels are hurting the board badly but im not sure.

also i saw your segmented trampa enclosure which i dropped my jaw :D do you think that kind of enclosure can be done for vanguard without or with minimal effect on its flexiness? because if thats a better option it also eliminates routing thru the board tho i think its harder to make it than the split one. thanks

Back