Qulbix 165/140 Raptor /NYX Carbon - Sabvoton/Adaptto - 20s/22s Build #5

Nearly ready to race you merlin. I will have to transfer to holland to meet up lol

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 3,095
Exciting times :D I hope you get as much fun from your build as i have with mine. I bet that controller has some punch to it.
I highly recommend statorade and hubsink if you get any high temp issues in the motor.

brumbrum said:
Those images are shocking. The alignment issues are very bad.
Did you pay full price for the frame? Or was it reduced price sample for business purpose?

From getting an nyx frame early on in their production it was very easy to get contact with Cedrick of Nyx.
All of a sudden he disappeared as if he no longer part of nyx. Only Eloi is left who does not speak english.
Communication was quite slow when i ordered new bushings, but it did get sorted. Price for a pair of bushings was ok at $30, but shipping was a whopping $40.

Actually I would be surprised if other makes it better. I dont know about qulbix but frames like vector, stealth are def. not.
But thats handcrafting, would be diff if it was a full scale production with robotic automatization.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
litespeed said:
ridethelightning said:
id be looking at other alternatives like zbike if wanted one now

Looks like their web site is down due to non payment!

Going to hell in a hand Basket! I tell you.

Tom

here is their (new?) website :
http://zabobike.lt/

Wonder if they have one for us English speaking folk?

ridethelightning said:
and some interesting stuff on twit-
https://twitter.com/zbike2

looks way "thinner" then the "original" nyx to me:

C7dVBppX4AA3t27.jpg:large

Allex said:
brumbrum said:
Those images are shocking. The alignment issues are very bad.
Did you pay full price for the frame? Or was it reduced price sample for business purpose?

From getting an nyx frame early on in their production it was very easy to get contact with Cedrick of Nyx.
All of a sudden he disappeared as if he no longer part of nyx. Only Eloi is left who does not speak english.
Communication was quite slow when i ordered new bushings, but it did get sorted. Price for a pair of bushings was ok at $30, but shipping was a whopping $40.

Actually I would not be surprised if other makes it better. I dont know about qulbix but frames like vector, stealth are def. not.
But thats handcrafting, would be diff if it was a full scale production with robotic automatization.

i only know vector EEB and qulbix....
from this point of qualtiy you re right. iam not happy with the "new qulbix" company that gives a shit about DIY guys. But ...yes...
qulbix frames had the best quality i had in my hands so far. i had the first 165...then 3 of a 140 and was going to buy a 76 but the nyx comes between, so here iam =)

Plus 1. Qulbix hands down produce the nicest bikes i have ever ridden. Quality is supurb compared to anything else. I really like have a steel frame just in case you catch fire.... so you can cook some sausages and have a beer rather than setting fire to the whole countryside. And.. they are pretty water proof

Haah, I love barbecued sausages :D

My friend has 140 and it is built like a Slovian tank... tough as old boots for sure. I am keeping an eye on the qulbix mid drive praying they will sell just frame and drive unit together

Merlin,

Was this frame from a batch that was sold with deffect and agreement? (the only agreement that NYX actually accepted but never should have been)?

I heard that they sold a small batch to someone in Europe that accepted the fact that they are deffect and paid less for but after he received these was complaining to NYX?.. well that's the story i heard..

A very sad story... :?

Doc

Probably Yes... I have this frame from allex. After this (I didn't know before) i think the same.
But as I wrote before :
On the headset I was afraid of being not inline or the shock mount...bike rolls and works... "so far" because rolling free handed the bike tends to lean by itself slightly to the right.
What does it mean?.... There's a problem with the geometry and angles of "something" right?

But the most important thing was or IS the swingarm and the wrong angle. As you can see in my pics I filled it with washers.

No question was answered from nyx about that. But as
BrumBrum said the only guy left maybe does not speak English very well so i let this open to the language barrier.

Any ideas what I could do for the self leaning part?

Iam very picky on installing parts without tension.
I'll double check everything and even on every wheel/tire change I put my girl on the bike to have weight on "everything" before nuts and bolts tighten.

Doctorbass said:
Merlin,

Was this frame from a batch that was sold with deffect and agreement? (the only agreement that NYX actually accepted but never should have been)?

I heard that they sold a small batch to someone in Europe that accepted the fact that they are deffect and paid less for but after he received these was complaining to NYX?.. well that's the story i heard..

Doc

The only major defect on those bikes was that the bikes had mac motors. A quite undersized motor for such heavy bikes. And they did not connect the temp sensor to Adaptto so potential to smoke the motor was there. The owner smoked a few hall sensors and one mini-e for some reason. There was a few other issues with electronics as well but there were no complains about the frame itself.

Can some1 just post pictures of his frame to compare?

The story is about frames only (I think)
This one I have from you was never installed/build.

... I don't know who was the "Europe buyer"... I only know you had 4 complete bikes for sale (as you told above)

But the guy who selled my frame (over you) should be know what he had paid for.

Allex said:
Doctorbass said:
Merlin,

Doc

The only major defect on those bikes was that the bikes had mac motors. A quite undersized motor for such heavy bikes. And they did not connect the temp sensor to Adaptto so potential to smoke the motor was there. The owner smoked a few hall sensors and one mini-e for some reason. There was a few other issues with electronics as well but there were no complains about the frame itself.

Can some1 just post pictures of his frame to compare?

Here are a few my my frame feom when it was new....

25us39s.jpg

29mkuw9.jpg

291bxc6.jpg

11rqjie.jpg

29pw3rl.jpg

11hqumw.jpg

If you are power addicted or simply a power junkie...never buy a frame without clamping dropouts. :roll:

its "normal" that sometimes after replacing tires that your axle nuts come lose 2 or 3 times.
after some nice days in austria riding where other ppl skiing i noticed some weird sounds...creeking and squeeking on accelerating and ebraking.
after checking all movable parts, including suspension brackets etc it took me some time to find out Axle nuts were a bit lose.
my bad...didnt had a frame for years without clamping dropouts.
....tighten then up going out for a ride....a Single Full Power run 0-80mph, ebraking and sound was again there.
rolling home thinking about why they are lose again.
....at home checking the nuts..but they were tighten rock solid. "this time"...it was something other:

2018-04-09_13h58_45.png

yep...on the right side dropouts are "slightly" bend.
What should i do now?....emailed NYX for ideas. But abit as expected. no Answer till now.

as it is aluminium its not a good idea to (over)bend it back to "normal".
i tried a really small and short pipe wrench and was surprised how easy i "could" bend this 6x12mm end of dropouts.
i only need a single hand to bend it...wow...what a fantastic piece of art.

this complete swingarm is not for that power levels. it flexes side to side like a cows tail with very less effort. i could make a video if someone is interessted.
if you hammer the throttle from a dead stop. be carefull with 10kw+ Power levels.

i like drag racing. so its probably my mistake doing full power runs from a dead stop with this frame.
but to be honest i wasnt afraid of dropout failures because doc bass pushed always the limits and still running nyx bikes.
Luke also build an nyx with a bigger 273 motor.

anyway. For others who wants to protect the possibilty of a bend dropout....heres my solution.

2018-04-10_20h37_03.png

2018-04-10_20h37_34.png

2018-04-10_20h37_49.png

2018-04-10_20h38_09.png

2018-04-10_20h38_22.png

2018-04-10_20h38_40.png

2018-04-10_20h38_52.png

2018-04-10_20h40_14.png

2018-04-10_20h40_28.png

2018-04-10_20h40_41.png

2018-04-10_20h41_08.png

2018-04-10_20h39_47.png

2018-04-10_20h40_01.png

That's a nice bit of bodging. What size bolts did you use?
I have a new issue. I replaced the snapped suspension bolts today, but now there is a huge amount of play on the swingarm shoulders due to worn POM bushings. This is my second set of bushings. I just looked up my old emails to NYX and i had replaced the bushings exactly one year ago. So this will soon to be my 3rd set. I only use my bike for off road use which is once a week at most. I dont mind paying for new bushings at $15 dollars each but paying $45 for postage takes the p-ss! They only weigh a couple of grams :cry:

M4 bolts. No more room for bigger bolts.
But when you tighten then even M2 should do the job. Its so easy to bend this part.

took another run now. looks and "sounds" good for now. Feels "stiff" again. Time will show.

About your problem.

When you put the swingarm on without motor and no rear shock. can you move the swingarm easy with your hands?

edit: ill ask because of "this" (pic below)

Attachments

• 2018-04-10_22h23_17.png
    2018-04-10_22h23_17.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 2,678
When you say 'can i move it' do you mean side to side or just up and down like they should do. My first set of bushings were really tight and stiff, in fact they actually stopped the suspension freely working. The second pair were a lot looser but i dont think they could be positioned like the one in your picture. Do you get any side to side movement being transfered from the swingarm shoulders to the wheel?

ill fixed it with washers.
in "this position" i had 150mm dropout space + no play in any direction + all bolts tightend i could move the swingarm on the bushings easy.(without wheel or rear shock mounted)

i think that should be the normal state and not fixed by a customer.

but atm i have only around 1000km on it. lets see how it is after 5000km or more.

Attachments

• 2018-04-11_00h23_41.png
    2018-04-11_00h23_41.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,662
Back