Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Allex said:
Thx Sweden_Rob for video footage!
[youtube]VCDitoV_APA[/youtube]

Nice ride footage! China bike is not rusted yet it must be the first time it saw snow!

Which forks do you like best? I got the pit bike ones, and wonder if I should've gotten the killahs.

Gab said:
cool video but where is all the gear or chain whine comeing from ? this diffinetly sounds louder than a hub or even the c3000w mid drives ?

it could be that the belt or chain is doing all the high rpm reduction as their is no gearbox. whereas on the c3000w type mid drive ebikes its done inside the gearbox with plastic gears silently..

if you ride this on the road it will stand out due to the noise

The noise in my vids are because it has an older trap drive controller. I'm wearing a wireless mic on me, and it picks up the frequency more than normal. Can't hardly hear the bike from 20 feet away. Just a bit of chain noise.

Thx guys.
Killah is a much better fork - my personal opinion.
Its very plush and very soft, have no stiction unlike my Marzocchi forks and are quite fast.
FastAce forks feels very sluggish and slow
Killah is best for a light rider though, if you are under 75kg you will like it. Otherwise its better to go with the heavy duty one.

Thanks Alex! Just thought from your video that the killah looks much lighter and nimble than the fastace which I have. I haven't had any complaints on the fastace, rides like mx shock not a mtb. Just is much heavier. I am 190 lbs. So I need that extra bit, especially at high speeds. Probably only a few pounds different between the two, can't remember how much rights now.
I did get my first flat tire on the front. I ride some thorny trails, so figures. Need to add some slime.

Thanks Alex! Just thought from your video that the killah looks much lighter and nimble than the fastace which I have. I haven't had any complaints on the fastace, rides like mx shock not a mtb. Just is much heavier. I am 190 lbs. So I need that extra bit, especially at high speeds. Probably only a few pounds different between the two, can't remember how much rights now.
I did get my first flat tire on the front. I ride some thorny trails, so figures. Need to add some slime.

johnrobholmes said:
Gab said:
cool video but where is all the gear or chain whine comeing from ? this diffinetly sounds louder than a hub or even the c3000w mid drives ?

it could be that the belt or chain is doing all the high rpm reduction as their is no gearbox. whereas on the c3000w type mid drive ebikes its done inside the gearbox with plastic gears silently..

if you ride this on the road it will stand out due to the noise

The noise in my vids are because it has an older trap drive controller. I'm wearing a wireless mic on me, and it picks up the frequency more than normal. Can't hardly hear the bike from 20 feet away. Just a bit of chain noise.

The controller is the same, your bike has the early version motor.

Are the resellers able to specify if they get bikes with the FastAce vs. Killah front forks, or is it roll of the die? Wondering what Luna will be/has gotten in stock. At 150lbs-ish sounds like the Killah will be a nicer choice for me.

Frame colour, voltage and fork brand are all optional.
Fork preference is more suited to riding style and location.
Fastace is Mx duty has more steering angle.
Rst is Mtb fork same as Oset use on the 24.

Apologies if this has been covered, but what is the 'real world' 'no bull' top speed of the 60v bike that owners are seeing at nominal voltage. I see that top speed will vary during discharge as there is over a 30% change in voltage between full and empty battery.

Aebrennan said:
Frame colour, voltage and fork brand are all optional.
Fork preference is more suited to riding style and location.
Fastace is Mx duty has more steering angle.
Rst is Mtb fork same as Oset use on the 24.

Besides the steering angle advantage of the Fastace, and weight differences between the two forks, where would each fork type best shine, would you say?

brumbrum said:
Apologies if this has been covered, but what is the 'real world' 'no bull' top speed of the 60v bike that owners are seeing at nominal voltage. I see that top speed will vary during discharge as there is over a 30% change in voltage between full and empty battery.

60 easy
65 starts to get toppy
68 as max is what I get on flats

My displays show 65-68kph but GPS records from Strava APP on Iphone says 58kph max speed. Im only 75kg.

I had a guy that was 140kg ride and he saw 62kph on the display, flat out on smooth road!

The max speed recall on one of my bikes says 83kph! Maybe on the dyno they wind them up and then reduce the power for the customer?

(This is what i used to do when tuning cars. Get the maximum power reading, print out a graph, then pull out some timing or add more fuel so the customer doesn't blow it up when they get some cheap fuel.)

Cheers guys so about 40mph. That’s about right for off road.
So is there still going to be any group buy or likewise offer? Or is this the sales pitch area for those becoming distributors?
At present I think many are waiting on The Qulbix mid-drive, well, I am.
I have money put aside for a mid-drive bike with foot pegs, so I am all ears at the moment.
Are we currently waiting on any upgrades from Sur-Ron?
Thanks
Andrew

Allex said:
Thx Sweden_Rob for video footage!
[youtube/youtube]

Great video Sweden Rob/Allex. Lots of snow. Looks like you guys are doing pretty good traction wise.

brumbrum said:
So is there still going to be any group buy or likewise offer? Or is this the sales pitch area for those becoming distributors?

For the €5600,- that Allex is asking excl. shipping for a Light Bee 60V I'm not interested anymore... :roll:

SlowCo said:
brumbrum said:

For the €5600,- that Allex is asking excl. shipping for a Light Bee 60V I'm not interested anymore... :roll:

Arhh, ok, i didnt realise that was the case. hmmm :?

It is actually 4700USD right now plus the local customers can get back 1200USD of that amount due to subsidy from the state because its an EV. So the final price at around 3500 is very good for us locals.
Shipping is around 250USD

Allex said:
It is actually 4700USD right now plus the local customers can get back 1200USD of that amount due to subsidy from the state because its an EV. So the final price at around 3500 is very good for us locals.
Shipping is around 250USD

Thanks Allex,,
So, 4950USD. Does this include the 10A charger?

RemoteRoad said:
Besides the steering angle advantage of the Fastace, and weight differences between the two forks, where would each fork type best shine, would you say?
Interesting some of you prefer the RST, I think the fastace is the way to go. One of the first things I noticed about this bike was how much better it was smashing over the rough stuff. Not to sound like a broken record, but this IS a dirt bike and if you're going to ride it like one why put bicycle spec parts on it ? They're still light duty compared to even a 125cc dirt bike but I think they're perfect for the surron. If you're going to plod around on fire trails then sure go with the RSTs, but to me the fastace were a shining advantage of this bike over the others in my stable. I also like the better turning radius for the sort of trails I ride. Tight twisty stuff, rocky, steep, the sort of places you couldn't take a full sized dirt bike without falling off. To me being low to the ground being able to push off stuff and easily put your feet down in tricky spots is complimented by the better steering angle. I've dropped the bike a few times but had 5x more near drop experiences where I would have probably gone down if not for the extra maneuverability.

If I was calling the shots at surron I'd have a moto spec version with fastace forks, mx headset, bars and stem and mx front brakes, and then a lighter version with RSTs, mtb brakes and bars and maybe even 24" bicycle wheels. But for the sake of maybe a 1kg weight premium over the current mashup of bicycle parts seems like a no brainer to me. Surron seem to be constantly and rapidly implementing minor changes as we go (with incremental price increases) so fingers crossed we see some of these things in the future. And *BUMP* for a 72v FOC version :p

Is this bike still using the golden motor HPM3000 or has it been changed? And have there been any other changes from the earliest samples that showed up a couple of months ago?

Back