Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Okey okey okey I see well yeah I guess the easiest way is just to upgrade my Li-Ion pack I guess haha^^.. Another option would be to install the LiPos separatly from the Li-Ions as a range booster, which you can plug in / change connections with the LiIons, in case you run out of juice on a long Enduro-Day like Im gonna do when it becomes warmer. Otherwise I can´t keep up with my KTM-Friends and their cycles haha^^ :roll: :lol: . Well Merlin, thanks a lot my friend for your explanation - I guess you safed me from my mind to try out crazy battery stuff hahah :lol: .

i struggle now to be honest to you because its YOU....the crazy kid exploring hipower ebike world ^^

-Well theoretically Im not a kid anymore but anyway, that made just my day, thanks a lot hahah :mrgreen:

PS: Im gonna quote that now in my bio from now on :D

Allex said:
I don't get it, a 15p 30Q pack can easy deliver 200Amps if built CORRECTLY. So a perfect match for the Max-e.

Indeed, one of my five 60cells packs can actually deliver 225 Amps (means 16,6kW theoretically when all of them get upgraded), but its just so much work.
Thanks for your feedback Allex. Really appreciate that too.

DasDouble said:
Indeed, one of my five 60cells packs can actually deliver 225 Amps (means 16,6kW theoretically when all of them get upgraded), but its just so much work.
Thanks for your feedback Allex. Really appreciate that too.

So you have 5 packes which means many connectors and probably long wires which sum up to plenty of sag.

Well, after my seventh dead adaptto, it's more than time to change.

Those who looked for a max e equivalent, what have you chosen ?

honya96 said:
csc said:
Well, after my seventh dead adaptto, it's more than time to change.

Those who looked for a max e equivalent, what have you chosen ?

Don't try Kelly. Believe me.
I believe you, but why?

DasDouble said:
I believe you, but why?

The Kellys usually do not work well with direct drive hub motors. Up to a certain RPM, the torque is quite low (reduced phase currents).
You would miss the "take off punch".
From what i know some of the newer sine controller (KLS) work better, but the older KBS definitely do not work well as long as it isn't a monster 600A controller.

madin88 said:
DasDouble said:
I believe you, but why?

The Kellys usually do not work well with direct drive hub motors. Up to a certain RPM, the torque is quite low (reduced phase currents).
You would miss the "take off punch".
From what i know some of the newer sine controller (KLS) work better, but the older KBS definitely do not work well as long as it isn't a monster 600A controller.

Talking only about KLS. Take off punch is not a problem.

You just can't compare to Adaptto, but to be specific, main problem is unusable throttle curve. CA throttle override may help but its extremely overpriced so it's not an option for me.

No need to explain more, just telling you guys, don't waste your money on Kelly.

Thanks for the answers guys. Currently I hesitate a lot between sabvoton and powervelocity's stuff on the one hand, vs sevcon gen 4 size 2.

i have ask adaptto for the new controller, within 1 hour email me back ,new product line will avaible this summer hope that adaptto keep promise .

Awesome. Looking forward for it :). Did I ever mentioned how much I love trading with people from all over the world? Some germans think russians are no trustworth people or that they don´t always do their job right but I really like cooperating with the russian Adaptto team, I really trust in their work and their products + their communitcation. It brings people together somehow haha.. :) Yeah I know, a really random comment but Idk :D :pancake:

croydon said:
i have ask adaptto for the new controller, within 1 hour email me back ,new product line will avaible this summer hope that adaptto keep promise .

that's great news

did they tell You when exc?
next few weeks /months etc?

I bought frame and suspension from vector bike few weeks ago and I asked for the e max controller
they said to me by the email few days ago that they will have e max in next few weeks not sure if that will be the new one .....

Thanks !

they not tell me when they said only by the summer that is what adaptto email it me .

i think the max e wil be new controller product line 20a 30 kw :shock: i hope.

I'm a big fan of the Adaptto system.... but I'm not holding my breath on the new stuff. I do hope they can do it.

Here is something interesting.
What we see is the all new "Adaptto"(I don’t think that outer case is final) a creation from “Jeka” that gave us the very first MAX-e. The guy in the video is "Chupa" and makes the famous Chupapumps for the motors which are extremly popular in Russia now:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48753&p=1331082&hilit=mac#p1330847

He loads it up on a Dyno stand without any cooling.

The constant load is 5kW(1/4 of the full power) and the test is to show how long it can withstand this load before overheating without any forced air cooling(usually we have our controllers mounted in the outside and it gets cooled down from the headwind.
He also notes that he don’t know when this thing will be released nor about the price.
He has been testing this controller for about a month now with all kind of motors and points out that this is the only controller out there that creates optimal environment for ANY motor at ANY load. This means that depending on the load and speed, the controller instantly adjusts all the parameters such as angles and does this very, very correctly.
All the motors that were tested in the workshop showed the best efficiency with this controller compared to others(infineon, Kelly KBL/KBS[not sinus] and old Adaptto.

After 8minutes he had to abort the test because QS205 had a temperature over 70C on the outer casing while Adaptto reached to about 50C

[youtube]m_8p6b3PmL8[/youtube]

Hahaha Allex you're playing with my nerves

It's a huge mess to find an alternative to my (censored)ing adaptto system (unfortunately I remember too much how coooooool it was when it worked and try to find it elsewhere) and you come with that news !

If you're in contact with this guy, please remind him that the most important future feature would be a "no mysterious component shorts at any time" option !

Yup, that is the whole point with this big guy, it will be foolproof and no more fine tuning with loads of parameters, just set the speed ratio, detect halls/phase combo and you will always be running in the most efficient way.

I want to start using a password to leave eco-mode. Anyone have the latest firmware for this? I have the Mini version. I think I have read somewhere that you should mail Adappto for this, but maybe someone here has it? (maybe Adappto are slow to answer).

Edit: I even get error message when trying to contact them from ther web page, not possible to send message there. So hoping someone here has the firmware...

Allex said:
foolproof

If it could also be less fragile, it would be a +. I've had 3 of them that died with absolutely no understandable reason.

other suggestion : should work with or WITHOUT screen (I've been stuck several times because of a screen failure)

Swe said:
I want to start using a password to leave eco-mode. Anyone have the latest firmware for this? I have the Mini version. I think I have read somewhere that you should mail Adappto for this, but maybe someone here has it? (maybe Adappto are slow to answer).

Edit: I even get error message when trying to contact them from ther web page, not possible to send message there. So hoping someone here has the firmware...

I've not heard of this firmware before. This would be a perfect solution to avoid being busted with a 4kw bike. Just switch the power off and on again and voila, the bike is locked in ECO mode.
Does this firmware really exist? Anyone tested it?

Thanks SWE :)

Yes it should exist, but I still have not got it yet. Thought someone here would have it...
It is not like the bike will be legal with it, but still feels better to have that mode.

Swe said:
It is not like the bike will be legal with it, but still feels better to have that mode.

Are you sure? I mean who could proove that its able to give more output then 250Watt? No one. So its legal, right? :mrgreen:

I used to have this firmware.. Im gonna check my mail for that wait a sec.

Oh yeah, I still have that (thanks goooglemail ;))

Contact me via pm if interested. It is for ONLY for Max-E Controller!

Back