couple of battery pack questions.

OK, that helps a lot, and thanks a bunch.

I'll wait for the link to the other info you posted if you can find it, then read up there before I go any further. Just hope the pot I replaced works. I had ordered two different values on those as recommended by another site, and one of the sellers sent me my first empty pkg so went with the one I did get.

I'm not real proficient with a multi meter, but I'll wait till I read up on your info before I ask any questions on getting readings for the other two adjustments.

Almost there. :)

I thought I updated that post to include the link, but I don't see it there. Oh well...

Here's the link to the post with the collected info on the booster:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90369&start=50#p1337830

Thanks for the link, WT, I have it saved. A few things have come up so, havn't gotten to it as of yet, hope to soon, but did want to thank you for posting that.

Wturber, I'll have some time for this in the next day or two, and I need to know what value too set the current at for my bike.

Also, as I mentioned I'm just not good with this stuff/multi meter, and it's not too much trouble, could you please explain how to set the current, and the Low Input Voltage Protection Adjustment. There were a few things that you rightly assumed most know in your existing explanation, and was hoping you could be a little more in depth maybe, as if you were explaining step by step to someone who had never done any of this? Thanks

Kenny'sID said:
Wturber, I'll have some time for this in the next day or two, and I need to know what value too set the current at for my bike.

Also, as I mentioned I'm just not good with this stuff/multi meter, and it's not too much trouble, could you please explain how to set the current, and the Low Input Voltage Protection Adjustment. There were a few things that you rightly assumed most know in your existing explanation, and was hoping you could be a little more in depth maybe, as if you were explaining step by step to someone who had never done any of this? Thanks

It has been months now, so I don't recall this stuff off the top of my head. I'll review my notes and previous comments and see if I can give you something more step-by-step. That said, I don't think that I limited the current using the voltage booster. I wanted the booster to deliver as much current as it could. What I did was limit the controller to 80% of its maximum using the LCD5 meter/display that came with my kit. That way, the motor controller wouldn't ask the boost converter to deliver more than the 1200 watts or so that it is capable of delivering. I did set the low input Voltage Protection though.The trick with that is to have a voltage source that is approximately at the level that you want to limit. Now I have to figure out/remember what I used. :^)

OK, and thanks so much.

I said I'd have time in the next day or so, but there is no hurry at all for you getting back here with more info. I'll find the time eventually, and am just glad for the help, at your convenience.

I set the output to 54v, but didn't know what to do with the other two pots, so I just adjusted them to the right a few times to hopefully not restrict anything. I just put the converter in a box for protection (plenty of room for air flow) and plugged everything up. All I can say at this point is the wheel spins and all seems fine. I'll give it a road test soon and will then know more.

If anyone knows what, if anything, I should do with the other two pots, please let me know.

Back