Nissan Leaf Motor test with DIY controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you call me a troll. How fortunate you aren't trying to insult me.

I guess it's your natural talent to be so arrogant and patronising with anyone who you do not understand. So usa-typical. Zero knowledge, 100% arrogance.

I'll too stop feeding the troll so that this thread can get on track again... :roll:

SlowCo said:
I wasn't trying to insult you Inducter. Just pointing out that the way you attack people in one of your first posts might not be the nicest way to come "on board". Constructive criticism or expert help is always appreciated. But now I see that is not your goal here.
My apologies everyone, I'll stop feeding the troll so that this thread can get on track again... :roll:

Inducter said:
Now you call me a troll. How fortunate you aren't trying to insult me.

I guess it's your natural talent to be so arrogant and patronising with anyone who you do not understand. So usa-typical. Zero knowledge, 100% arrogance.

I'll too stop feeding the troll so that this thread can get on track again... :roll:

SlowCo said:
I wasn't trying to insult you Inducter. Just pointing out that the way you attack people in one of your first posts might not be the nicest way to come "on board". Constructive criticism or expert help is always appreciated. But now I see that is not your goal here.
My apologies everyone, I'll stop feeding the troll so that this thread can get on track again... :roll:

I a n00b and indeed not very knowledgeable in electrics and electronics. I'm amazed at what people on this forum are able to design and build. So I mostly come in these threads to complement their achievements and I enjoy the world of EV's. I felt the need to defend Arlo1 as it seemed you were ridiculing his comment. I love the things Arlo, Paul and many others have built and continue to develop. It's all way over my head but I can appreciate the efforts and results. My contribution to this forum is very limited due to my lack of knowledge. but I read here a lot and sometimes am able to give some advise and/or links in the right direction. I only hope you and everyone that is, unlike me, knowledgeable or an expert in this field will offer their advise and support to the people on this forum that can use it. That way we can all go forward.

P.S. I'm not from the USA so not sure how USA-typical I am... :wink:

There's no need to apologise, slowco, you were not wrong. At first I thought inductor was simply being flippant or pedantic, but instead it seems more serious and he is dangerously missinformed.

DO NOT EVER TRY AND TELL SOMEONE 1860V @ 7.5A IS IN ANYWAY LESS DANGEROUS THAN 1860A @ 7.5V.

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO WILL READ A PUBLIC FORUM POST AND "WISDOM" LIKE THIS COULD LEAD TO THEIR DEATH.

FFS. V=IR

It's not even elementary electrical theory, it's everyday common sense. The arrogance and psuedo-intellectualism is the icing on the cake.

Inducter said:
Thank you for your response Arlo. interesting view on voltage. However, voltage is the difference between the potentials, if you wish to talk about the basics. The current is the "push" as you so colourfully call it.

WOW NO YOU ARE 100% WRONG.

DUDE I WILL TYPE MY FIRST POST IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IF YOU WE HERE IN PERSON I WOULD NOT BE NEARLY AS NICE TO YOU! YOU ARE GIVING ADVICE THAT WILL KILL PEOPLE ON A PUBLIC frocking FORUM!

VOLTS = PUSH (OR PRESSURE)
AMPS = FLOW OF ELECTRONS (MEASUREMENT OF FLOW)
OHMS = RESISTANCE (RESISTANCE TO FLOW)

YES ITS AMPS THAT WILL STOP YOU HEART. BUT IT TAKES PUSH/RESISTANCE TO DETERMINE THE AMPS AS I TRIED TO POINT OUT.
IF YOU REFUSE TO GET THIS CORRECT WE WILL ALL JUMP ALL OVER YOU AS THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS! PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED FROM MUCH LOWER VOLTAGES THEN ARE DISCUSSED HERE.

STOP THE BS!

Inducter said:
If you still do not understand the difference, get two rats and electrocute one with 1860V at 7.5A, as used for electric chair executions in the usa, and and the other with 1860A, at 7.5V.
I would like the description of the procedure, how to kill a rat with 7.5V with all the calcs related to the proof of feasibility. I am afraid, this rat in electrocution state, will die horribly of dehydration in a ~week. :D

Wow, who knew rats have an impedance of only 0.00403Ω :lol: Learn something new everday!

WOW... NO

Y O U

are wrong.

What an ignorant. How do you actually work with electronics? Self-taugh no doubt. It shines through. Well, I'll leave you and your "genius" buddies who seem to agree with you - must be the number of posts that empowers you lot - with this brief article written by a real-life engineer:

"High voltage alone isn't dangerous: Van de Graaff generators are popular in science museums. The large demonstration stage versions can easily produce 500,000 volts; I've used one to make a lot of kids' hair stand up. ...

To keep it simple, if there's no charge moving through you (i.e. if you're not carrying CURRENT), then you're not going to suffer any great harm.[1] This is why van de Graaff generators are SAFE: the voltages are HIGH, but the CURRENTS involved are at MICROAMPERE levels or less. There's just NOT VERY MUCH ENERGY being transferred to somebody touching the generator."

Now, pleae go about your daily BS. I won't interfere any longer. No need. Those who respond have no knowledge to contribute with anyway.

I can see that you "geniuses" haven't even heard of Van de Graaf's generator, let alone about Nikola Tesla. For you "Tesla" is just the name of a car factory. Let me quote a few intelligent and educated people from your area, usa not canada, but nevertheless...:

IT'S THE C U R R E N T THAT KILLS.

https://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~p616/safety/fatal_current.html

Feel free not to respond. I lack time for garage "engineers" with fundamentals never found (uneducated BS talkers like you).

Arlo1 said:
Inducter said:
Thank you for your response Arlo. interesting view on voltage. However, voltage is the difference between the potentials, if you wish to talk about the basics. The current is the "push" as you so colourfully call it.

DUDE I WILL TYPE MY FIRST POST IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IF YOU WE HERE IN PERSON I WOULD NOT BE NEARLY AS NICE TO YOU! YOU ARE GIVING ADVICE THAT WILL KILL PEOPLE ON A PUBLIC frocking FORUM!

YES ITS AMPS THAT WILL STOP YOU HEART. BUT IT TAKES PUSH/RESISTANCE TO DETERMINE THE AMPS AS I TRIED TO POINT OUT.
IF YOU REFUSE TO GET THIS CORRECT WE WILL ALL JUMP ALL OVER YOU AS THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS! PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED FROM MUCH LOWER VOLTAGES THEN ARE DISCUSSED HERE.

STOP THE BS!

Your ignorance is astounding.

There is no technical response that can be given because it already has at it's most basic and fundamental level:

V=IR

I=V/R

I am sorry to derail what is otherwise a wonderful technical thread, but this is a serious safety issue (perhaps the whole lot of OT posts could be deleted). It is painfully obvious that EV batteries and mains supplies etc are not micro-amp current sources!

Inducter said:
WOW... NO

Y O U

are wrong.

What an ignorant. How do you actually work with electronics? Self-taugh no doubt. It shines through. Well, I'll leave you and your "genius" buddies who seem to agree with you - must be the number of posts that empowers you lot - with this brief article written by a real-life engineer:

"High voltage alone isn't dangerous: Van de Graaff generators are popular in science museums. The large demonstration stage versions can easily produce 500,000 volts; I've used one to make a lot of kids' hair stand up. ...

To keep it simple, if there's no charge moving through you (i.e. if you're not carrying CURRENT), then you're not going to suffer any great harm.[1] This is why van de Graaff generators are SAFE: the voltages are HIGH, but the CURRENTS involved are at MICROAMPERE levels or less. There's just NOT VERY MUCH ENERGY being transferred to somebody touching the generator."

Now, pleae go about your daily BS. I won't interfere any longer. No need. Those who respond have no knowledge to contribute with anyway.

I can see that you "geniuses" haven't even heard of Van de Graaf's generator, let alone about Nikola Tesla. For you "Tesla" is just the name of a car factory. Let me quote a few intelligent and educated people from your area, usa not canada, but nevertheless...:

IT'S THE C U R R E N T THAT KILLS.

https://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~p616/safety/fatal_current.html

Feel free not to respond. I lack time for garage "engineers" with fundamentals never found (uneducated BS talkers like you).

Arlo1 said:
Inducter said:

STOP THE BS!

HOW THE frock DO YOU THINK HIGH CURRENT TRAVELS THROUGH YOUR BODY.
IM AM NOT THE ONE UNEDUCATED HERE.
IT TAKES PUSH (VOLTAGE) TO MAKE CURRENT TRAVEL THROUGH YOUR BODY. HIGHER THE VOLTAGE THE MORE THE PUSH. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE ON THIS FORUM WHO DOES NOT GET THIS. BATTERIES CAN DELIVER A LOT OF AMPS SO WHEN DEALING WITH HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERIES ITS A WARNING TO OTHER PEOPLE WHO READ THE FORUM TO BE CAREFUL.

THE VAN DE GRAAF YOU SPEAK OF HAS VERY LIMITED CURRENT AND THAT IS WHAT SAVES YOU. BATTERIES DO NOT LIMIT THEIR CURRENT UNTIL YOU LOAD THEM DOWN TO THE LIMITS OF THEIR IR. TYPICALLY THIS IS 100S IF NOT 1000S OF AMPS. THE ONLY LIMITING FACTOR IS THE RESISTANCE OF YOUR BODY.

Punx0r points it out very clearly.

V=IR
I=V/R

You can try to make fun of me all you want.
Where is your world record? OR ANY ACCOMPLISHMENT OF YOURS???
How about this prove us wrong..
Live stream you testing this false theory of yours to YouTube.
Lets clean up this gene pool a bit shall we :)

I'm giving this thread a few days off. I don't have time to sort through all the posts right this minute but...give me a week or two and I may be able to straighten this out. Wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back