Mobipus Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
atarijedi said:
Hello Shenta,

I was wondering, is there a manual for this controller? Something that lists its specifications and features, wiring diagram, API, command reference, etc...? If so, how would one go about getting a copy?

Also, does the controller have the ability to both have a brake switch motor cut-off function, and a separate variable regen throttle? So I could hook my eBrakes up to cut power to the motor, and then also have a thumb throttle to do regen? If not, would it be difficult to add this functionality? Even if it meant cannibalizing some other function.

Finally, how thick is the water cooling block for the 72200?

Thanks
Ballaratebikes has link to these files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2W0OGHCQ5VlRVZJaG1zOXRjMlE

Cut-off and regen is possible says the manual.. Has wiring diagram!

I am almost convinced to buy one :) If i do get it I need to build bike around it from scratch since I do not have anything that can handle the power :mrgreen:

I wanted to try the control console software beforehand but it fails to install because some permission error :cry: I gave it admistrative rights but no luck. Would be nice to get it work if I get the controller. Anybody have ideas about that?

ossivirt said:
atarijedi said:
Hello Shenta,

I was wondering, is there a manual for this controller? Something that lists its specifications and features, wiring diagram, API, command reference, etc...? If so, how would one go about getting a copy?

Also, does the controller have the ability to both have a brake switch motor cut-off function, and a separate variable regen throttle? So I could hook my eBrakes up to cut power to the motor, and then also have a thumb throttle to do regen? If not, would it be difficult to add this functionality? Even if it meant cannibalizing some other function.

Finally, how thick is the water cooling block for the 72200?

Thanks
Ballaratebikes has link to these files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2W0OGHCQ5VlRVZJaG1zOXRjMlE

Cut-off and regen is possible says the manual.. Has wiring diagram!

I am almost convinced to buy one :) If i do get it I need to build bike around it from scratch since I do not have anything that can handle the power :mrgreen:

I wanted to try the control console software beforehand but it fails to install because some permission error :cry: I gave it admistrative rights but no luck. Would be nice to get it work if I get the controller. Anybody have ideas about that?

Much appreciated! From a cursory look at the manual and wiring diagram, it does seem to have the functions I want, that is independent brake-cutoff and variable regen. I'll have to try and confirm it with Shenta or SamD.

I know Shenta is a fantastic engineer and fantastic kind human being, and he will get back to controlers when he is ready.

liveforphysics said:
I know Shenta is a fantastic engineer and fantastic kind human being, and he will get back to controlers when he is ready.

According to Sam, Shenta and his company are going OEM only from now on.

So the only way I could see anyone getting their hands on a Mobipus is for people to get together and do a group buy.

Well, I'm in for a group buy...like...what's the minimum order quantity? Just wanted to get a sense of how many people Re needed

agedashidofu said:
Well, I'm in for a group buy...like...what's the minimum order quantity? Just wanted to get a sense of how many people Re needed

You would have to contact Shenta, and find out from him if he would do a group buy, and if so, how many would need to be involved. I'm guessing it would probably need to be at least 15-20 people.

Let's find out what the minimum order is & try to place it through SamD.

Count me in for 1 :)

Franko

atarijedi said:
agedashidofu said:

You would have to contact Shenta, and find out from him if he would do a group buy, and if so, how many would need to be involved. I'm guessing it would probably need to be at least 15-20 people.

Guys - I don't think it's a matter of volume. They just straight up aren't for sale right now. It sucks, but it's a personal matter and no amount of demand for controllers is going to fix it from what I understand.

Cricket_Swe said:
I may also be down for one :)

I'm also ready to use one on my own Ebike which needs a lot of phase current. Shenta and I chatted about it, he is an amazing engineer and a smart kind guy with a passion for very fast ebikes and scooters (like the legendary Red Devil).

Whenever he is ready to do controllers because he wants to do controllers again it will happen. No amount of cash would help motivate him, but interest from folks also passionate about making some epic power lightweight compact FOC ebikes would help. Shentas scooter is a liter bike slayer, as fast as anything made on ES road racing.

I'm going to visit him whenever is the right time, and hopefully get to try the red devil myself!

Now you got me all curious LFP, Red Devil? Any more information? A build log or video maybe?

macribs said:
Now you got me all curious LFP, Red Devil? Any more information? A build log or video maybe?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=78697

[youtube]_gucf17Hwjg[/youtube]

Guys I would love to do a group buy. Sorry I haven’t been around but I took time off ES until they got rid of a major USA dealer that was threatening us all while pretending to be a victim. I will be back around now.

Anyways Shenta has had a change in life direction and can’t be contacted for awhile. Its a shame as sketch and I sent back a 600a controller each for repair and no one will return our queries. We’re a couple of grand out of pocket so I will keep following it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoonBassMan said:
Samd said:
Guys I would love to do a group buy.

I would be interested in the group buy. Been trying to get one of these controllers but have been unable.

The man who makes them is currently enjoying other aspects of life, and will or won't return to making controllers at exactly the right time. You and I both are excited for them!

If you speak to him and know a way for Sketch and I to get our controllers repaired and back it’d be appreciated Luke. Its a lot of money for us to lose and I’ve tried every other avenue.

Samd said:
If you speak to him and know a way for Sketch and I to get our controllers repaired and back it’d be appreciated Luke. Its a lot of money for us to lose and I’ve tried every other avenue.

I haven't heard from him for many months, but I also hope your controller gets fixed and maybe some member here is capable of fixing it. We have an absurdly gifted group of EV talents here.

Yes actually, I was contacted by a rep from Mobipus - they're in production and available ex stock apparently, both the 200a and 600a units.

No idea what that means for anybody that was previously left in the lurch.

$280 USD for the 72200
$25 USD for 72200 heatsink
$35 USD for 72200 water cooler
$880 USD for the 72600
$45 USD for WIFI module

Contact Vila@mobipus.com

I'm still running my 72200 every day and it's still fantastic.

I want the 72600.... but that email address bounces and website is down.

maybe someone can ring them...

Company Name:MOBIPUS TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Tel (1):+886-2-89145975

If somebody calls, tell them their DNS is wonky:

https://intodns.com/mobipus.com

Franko

Willow said:
I want the 72600.... but that email address bounces and website is down.

maybe someone can ring them...

Company Name:MOBIPUS TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Tel (1):+886-2-89145975

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back