EBike Toolbox - Bargains! (newest = throttles)

Qidian ALT-188 Adjustable voltage PowerBank
Intersting 18650 powerbank which has adjsutable voltage from (by 0.1 volt increments) from 0.0-24.0 volts (4.25A max output at 20V).

This guy did a funny mod though (running 4S4P instead of 4S2P)....
[youtube]q-kQOptcrrw[/youtube]

Bit expensive at 46USD though. I really like mine.

eBay link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-24v-85W-External-Power-Bank-Backup-18650-Battery-Charger-For-Cell-Phone-laptop-/112126529080?hash=item1a1b430e38:g:eek:18AAOSwFV9X0Rf7

EV Warrior parts-n-such - Big Discounts

Limited quantities at rock bottom clearance prices!
$1 Headlight assemblies, $1.50 turn-light-horn control, $1 Horn, 10¢ wiring harnesses, 10¢ reflector sets, etc
All Sold - Floureon 7S 5000mah 25.9V 40C Lipo Battery <$60 delivered from USA

Recommended for rebuild of eZip 24V RMB battery packs.
Will fit up to 4 x 5Ah = 25.9V 20Ah vs oem 24V 10Ah SLA = 5-6Ah usable.
Every 24V controller I've ever tested works properly with 7s 25.9V battery, but a bit faster with some more torque ...

1 $60 brick = capacity of $120 SLA pack
2x ($120) = capacity of $570 10Ah oem Lithium RMB battery
4x ($240) @ 10lb = 2x $570 10Ah oem Lithium RMB battery or 4x $120 (65lb) SLA
(4x leaves room for 22mm x 650mm x 150mm BMS)

7s BMS ≥$9
$9 20A continuous has 30A surge ...
might be adequate for 350-450watt motors in typical use?

Important!
Quality of cells not yet determined.

Sample ordered!
Will test for self-discharge and matched capacity ...
Will update after received and tested.

If of very good quality ... will add single brick to 18650 recycled laptop cell builds to improve pack IR, surge capability.

Attachments

• 7s.jpg
    7s.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 5,657
HI DA, I got lots of good info from you a few years back. I know you like a good gadget so when I saw, got this I thought of you. I'm luvin it.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DDQM6Z4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jP3PsLZ.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MTB-Bicycle-Round-Shape-Narrow-Wide-Chainwheel-32T-34T-36T-38T-104BCD-Chain-ring-Bike-Circle/32784960875.html

$7.91 shipped! ridiculously cheap! still waiting for mine but the reviews are 95% 5-star

3s - 10s Balance cables - 10x @ $1.53 - $3.02
Great price for 22AWG Silicone but, only 10cm length

10x @ $1.53 - $3.02

... JST XH Board Balance Expansion Charger Adapter - $1.39

- $1.39

8ga 60Amp rated Inline fuse holder and 58V 20-60A Fuses by Littlefuse - good brand name!
8ga 60Amp rated
Finally found a reasonably priced source, but, base shipping is expensive.
Larger purchase, with friends, to keep price reasonable?

JCase.jpg
58V Fuses
Note - Some, on same page, are only 32V rated!

More Fuse holders - use filters to chose Volt and/or Amps - confirm in description

More Fuses - use filters to chose Volt and/or Amps - confirm in description

Shimano Trigger shifter
7spd rear seems excellent, front 3spd is a manual friction but has sufficient travel for use as rear 7-8spd.

< $5 delivered

Chinese "Stainless Steel" 6\7\8 speed bicycle chain
Purchased for Snow Beast use in Upstate (salted streets) New York.
Attracted to magnet so ... "true SS" to be determined.
No rust noticed after several runs in salty snow and slush.
UPDATE - rusted into a solid bar

- < $9 delivered

DrkAngel said:

SS is only non-magnetic when its in an austenitic state, but the mechanical processes of production can convert small amounts of it to a ferritic or martensitic state which is magnetic.

A 316 SS sink will often show no magentic attraction on the large flat areas, but a strong response at the corners and edges of the bowl where it has been work hardened during the pressing and drawing process.

Similarly, the edges of the side-plates of a SS chain are likely to be magnetic due to the cold stamping process by which they are formed having altered the grain structure.

Bicycle Chain Sprockets
Motor sprockets for 1/2" x 1/8" chain
For:
MY1018z - 9, 11, 13 T
XYD-16 - 9, 11, 13 T
MY1016z3 - 9, 11, 13 T
My1020 - 11T
ZY1020ZXF - 11T
more

5 hole freewheel sprockets 24-48T

etc

http://www.electricscooterparts.com/bicyclesprockets.html

Buk___ said:
DrkAngel said:

SS is only non-magnetic when its in an austenitic state, but the mechanical processes of production can convert small amounts of it to a ferritic or martensitic state which is magnetic.

A 316 SS sink will often show no magentic attraction on the large flat areas, but a strong response at the corners and edges of the bowl where it has been work hardened during the pressing and drawing process.

Similarly, the edges of the side-plates of a SS chain are likely to be magnetic due to the cold stamping process by which they are formed having altered the grain structure.

yes some of the different grades of ss are/can be magnetic, it's the more expensive stuff that isn't

alsmith said:
Buk___ said:
DrkAngel said:

yes some of the different grades of ss are/can be magnetic, it's the more expensive stuff that isn't
$9 Chinese SS chain lookin' a bit rusty!

alsmith said:
Buk___ said:
DrkAngel said:

That is to completely miss the point. Any grade or price of SS can show a response to a magnet. It is entirely dependent upon the internal grain structure and that is entirely dependent up how it has been processed into is final form. For some parts and applications of SS, the generation of martenistic grain structure within the part is not just a side effect of its production, but rather a desirable goal -- providing particular desirable mechanical properties for its use.

Having a magnetic response is not a sign of good or bad quality; and in truth, the cost of manufacturing the different grades of SS is almost identical; with any premium coming not as a result of its design specifications, but from how closely to the ideal (as opposed to mandated minimums) the production process controls the makeup of the final product.

That means that whilst you can buy totally standards compliant 316-grade SS manufactured in China, Japan, Austria, Spain, USA and Sweden, you'll pay a 15% premium for USA over Japan; and 20-25% for Sweden over Japan; but all of them, including that from China, will comply with the international 316 standard.

What you are paying extra for with USA & especially Sweden, is the exceeding of that standard. But if the design of the component is targeted at the standard, then using material that exceeds that standard is an unnecessary expense. The use of these premium grades is only viable where the design criteria call for additional properties that can come from exceeding the standards.

Nothing on a bike requires this.

DrkAngel said:
s-l400.jpg

Buk___ said:
That is to completely miss the point. Any grade or price of SS can show a response to a magnet.
.......................................... No ... you completely miss the point!

SS (China).jpg

Chinese "Stainless Steel" rusted pretty easily!

The common SS alloys; 304, 316 etc. are "non magnetic" and are very good for corrosion resistance. However they are usually inferior in terms of mechanical strength to common steel alloys.
There are SS alloys which have excellent mechanical strength, 17-4 PH for example, that show a weak magnetic response.

Avner.

DrkAngel said:
DrkAngel said:
s-l400.jpg

Buk___ said:
That is to completely miss the point. Any grade or price of SS can show a response to a magnet.
.......................................... No ... you completely miss the point!

SS (China).jpg

Chinese "Stainless Steel" rusted pretty bad!

The "grade" of a stainless steel, defines: a) its composition (elements by %); b) the tolerances of those percentages; c) (In some cases) The percentage of 'contaminants' permited;

in order to qualify as that grade. Wherever the SS is produced, if it complies with the specifications of the grade it is sold as, it will perform the same way under the same conditions. (That's the whole point of grading.)

If, two pieces of SS, of the "same grade", degrade (rust or otherwise) more rapidly, under the same conditions, there are two possibilities:

1. One of them was mis-sold.
  2. One of them was produced to a higher tolerance than the grade specification calls for.

Whether products from China have a tendency to be sold mis-labelled is a different argument. (vis. Li-ion cells.)

But before you go getting all xenophobic, know that the USA (and GB and pretty much every country in the EU) has historically been known to sell product that was manufactured to meet a given specification, but failed for some reason to meet that specification, as that specification, in foreign markets perceived to have laxer law (enforcement), or reduced possibility of legal liability if discovered. And governments have been complicit in this.

Interesting info there.

On a side note: I watched a show last night where CPR Railroad did compression via explosives on a critical X link on their rail. Impressive operation they got going.

Winter projects?

MY1016Z3 24V 350w gear reduction motors back in stock at good price!
Reversible
Push to 36V 525w+
9T;11T;13T motor sprockets available, adapter for 13-22T+ freewheels
- $53.60 delivered

ZY1020ZXF 500-1000w smooth quiet planetary gear reduction motors.
Reversible, great for eTrike etc.

- from $75 delivered

Attachments

• MY1016Z3.jpg
    MY1016Z3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 3,280
  • ZY1020ZXF.jpg
    ZY1020ZXF.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 3,280
I seen this "ROSWHEEL 60L bicycle Bag" on ebay for a while and I had ripped/worn out my proper brand bag set after at least 10 years, so I thought I would give it a try.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=ROSWHEEL+60L+bicycle+Bag&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=60L+bicycle+Bag

Won't specify any specific seller, I managed to get it for AU$39.31 / $25.6 USD including delivery.

All up it's cheaper/smaller than it looks. It doesn't have a hardback sides like proper ones do. I don't know if it could be filled with "60Litres" worth of stuff, there isn't many things I see that are 60liters in size so I just dont know, but I did expect it to be bigger.

The material is very thin and not water proof. Am I happy with what I got for the money? I think so, this was one of the things I wanted to be able to carry home on those off chances out shopping.

That being a 24 can slab of beer, and this bag did do the job. If it had to hold this weight it up entirely via its own material it would rip, but most other bike bags would too. The slab of beer was $45 AUD, don't mean to perpetuate that Aussie drongo stereotype, but if people want to make fun of it you are welcome.

You will notice I installed the bag set the wrong way around, this is because I don't really have faith in the strength of the zips. While I am OK with it I don't recommend other people buy this bag, it just oddly looks a lot better in the photos than in reality, and most people tend to have higher "quality to price" exception ratios when buying China made stuff from ebay, this is what I expected it to be, I am happy with it but I am willing to bet others wont be.

20200522_175836.jpg

I'm having a hell of a time as I can't get the buy engine working to buy 2sand 5s sense wires.

This is crazy I have found the product but the shopper is out or the website freezes.

After 5 different sites I go rc buddy to have sense wires 2s-5s- 6s of multiples. The otther sites would not let me order or only one. Even rc buddy I had to trick into accepting my order and money. It was after spending a half hour on phone trying to convince b of a to stop helping them self to maintenance fees after 20 years they trying to tap on maintenance fees. Technology up it
It's also hard to order wholesale bike tires ? When China shuts down the world shuts down.

Back