New em3ev batterý pack

Hiya daveh,

Erm..... no. I live in Canada so Aussie post would have taken a while to deliver. ☺

Actually was surprisingly fast considering how far. About a month.
I might suggest you research the cost differential between shipping one battery versus shipping four.

Perhaps find some like minded friends? Just a thought. Brought my shipping cost down to
about 75 usd per unit.

As far as performance goes, Em3ev have been building batteries for many years.
All reviews I've seen have been positive. Documented by the bms was the extensive testing
they do on every pack. Cutting edge tech and high quality at a fair price.
Looks like a win/win for all...

BTW...
I'm not some flack touting for free batteries, just a typical ebike nerd....
Have been waiting for a standout triangle hard case and really believe this is a big step forward.

I've had the hardshell rectangle case for about half a year now. It's okay. But I also had no problems with the old cases. Something to keep in mind that I didn't consider is the location of the cable exit. As a result this battery doesn't fit quite right in one of my cases because it's too long. The edges can be kind of sharp as well. Because I didn't want to tear my bags I put "Baby bumpers" on the edges of the battery and secured them with Photo (cloth) gaffers tape. I hope to get 5 years out of this one... just about the same as the last one.

Also not sure if it matters but the model I got was the Suntour SP12-NCX which seems to have not changed (Although different post diameters) for several years.

Hi Electrick, how's your mounting solution coming? I just ordered one of these batteries as well. My frame should be able to fit the triangle battery bag, but I'd still be interested in what you come up with.

Hi,

Ive been trying to find the app for android for the new hard case battery, is anyone using it? :)

If you want the app just email Joseph at em3ev. He will respond quickly.
That probably needs to be part of the package with every battery. ;)

I did try to hack my email to forward the attachment here. No joy.

Ask and ye shall receive . 🙃
I have many plans. Some surprising, some obvious.

Have ordered some aviation tape....very tough.

Stay tuned!

I can't get my phone to read from the BMS. It couples, just won't read
It seems that the Android App isn't working properly with all versions?
Could anyone tell me what version of Android they are successfully reading the BMS with?

You used the last 4 digits of the serial# as the password?
If that's not it, email Joseph.

Did all that, Joseph seems to think that the App isn't working with some newer versions of Android. I then tried a really old phone, still no luck.

Hello!

I've just received this battery, but no user document.

What the purpose of the push button? The blue led is switched on, I'm a bit affraid, this is a leak of current... How to switch off it?

:(

totolito said:
Hello!

I've just received this battery, but no user document.

What the purpose of the push button? The blue led is switched on, I'm a bit affraid, this is a leak of current... How to switch off it?

:(

What I'm understanding is the button turns it on and automatically turns off after something like 30 minutes if the battery isn't used. I'm going to mount my battery upside down with the button somewhat hidden so a random trying to turn the bike on will not know the button is there, if the button isn't pushed the bike can't be turned on-extra security. It's a very minute amount of drain when the light is on, no worries, it turns off by itself too.

Electrick said:
Erm..... no. I live in Canada so Aussie post would have taken a while to deliver. ☺

I'm curious as I would also be shipping to Canada: how did it work out for customs/duties/taxes? Which shipping company?

I was pleasantly surprised by the assessed duties and brokerage fees.
I believe it was about 150 loonies total.
Shipping was FedEx. Also relevant is that was for 4 batteries!
Hope this helps.

For Totolito...

My batteries all have the low draw led light on all the time.
The drain is negligible. If storing just check the level and bump up to
maintain good storage voltage.

Espresso, my Android version is 7.0
Works fine...
Hope you have been able to resolve the issue. ☺

Hi Guys any one shed us an idea of which app to use for these batteries? I just picked up a large triangle supposed to have the smart bms but no info in the battery box or on there website???

I had to email em3ev for them to send me the .apk (android app file) and instructions.

Electrick said:
Espresso, my Android version is 7.0
Works fine...
Hope you have been able to resolve the issue. ☺

I am also using Android 7 on a Samsung Galaxy S7?
No luck though.

I am finally ready to purchase one of these hard-case triangle packs soon and I'm wondering how you folks are mounting the battery to your bike. :?:

Does anyone have the BMS specifications or know how to change the BMS firmware settings? I'm interested in raising the output current limit over 60A.

Excellent point. I should have mentioned that the vendor couldn't supply a specification sheet for the BMS nor could they offer a way to change the BMS configuration.

The 30Q cells in a 14s6p configuration can deliver 90A, well above the 60A vendor limit.

I was hoping an intrepid battery owner had done some tinkering or investigation and could report.

Back