OVERCLOCKING an ANCHEER 20 inch folding ebike (Model AM001908 36V20" 250W)

Matador

100 kW
Guys, I just bought this e-Bike from Amazon for 650USD shipped (I know, I know.... Amazon and eBay :roll: ).
It's the “ANCHEER Folding Electric Bike with 36V 8AH Removable Lithium-Ion Battery Lightweight Electric City Bike with 250W Motor and Battery Charger” https://www.amazon.com/ANCHEER-Electric-Removable-Lithium-Ion-Lightweight/dp/B074SKW31R/ref=sr_1_7?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1522599377&sr=1-7&keywords=ancheer

We won’t lie to each other, this has nothing to do with a top of the line torque sensing mid-drive Bosch e-bike, but what that heck with that, I won’t spend so much, especially on a low power commuter ride in the crazy city I currently live in... I bought this bike because I needed a quick fix : I needed an electrified ride while I’m in this crowded city were eBikes are illegal (COPS do eBike Crack-Downs on eBikes here). I won’t name the city, but my old Arrow ebike that I had bought for 600$ off craigslist got seized by the cop (got a 500$ ticket and they seized it). Needless to say, I won’t invest 3000$ on an e-bike until I’m out of this oppressed city with cops taking any possible opportunity to suck the money out of your pockets like greedy little bloodsuckers that will do anything they can to restrict you from having a little fun in life.

Anyway, the bike is cheap but works and the battery, hub and controller are rather inconspicuous, so "sort of stealthy".

Here are pics:
81ZnxkFHEWL__SL1500_.jpg81ABdVUSQNL__SL1500_.jpg81HAMKt8--L__SL1500_.jpg81eRokaQPmL__SL1500_.jpg711YmLFXpOL__SL1500_.jpg81zC5vT6lNL__SL1500_.jpg
Anyways, the bike works fine, but I'd like it to go at tad faster since I'd like to be able to commute at 30-35-38 kph (goal 40 kph top speed on long flat streatch no head wind). I'm 150lbs, and 5’10’’. The whole bike is 45 lbs I think.

I did not measure the top speed yet, but I think I'm doing around 25-26 kph based on my preview ebike riding experience (arrow ebike and BBSHD 52V on 700C 46T 14-34T back then in Canada).

Here's my question : How much can I safely overclock the system and how would you do it ?

I’ll attempt to give as much specs I can, but most of the component I extensively searched the web to get specs, but they are Chinese generic parts. Here's what I found (see posts below).
I'd rather up the volts than the amps. I'm aware I'll need a new battery (I'll go with a backpack battery !)

Matador

EDIT:
On the stock model, the rear freewheel is Shimano Tourney 7Spd 14-28T : 28T, 24T, 22T, 20T, 18T, 16T and 14T, and there are 12 splines inside the freewheel hole. Removal of this specific freewheel would require a FR-1 removal tool.
In the front, there is a 48T chainring that forms one single piece with the right pedal arm, which fits on a square tapered spindle.

So the THE MOTOR...
It's a generic chinese motor.
I could not find a specsheet although I'm dying to get one.
hub1_red.jpghub2_red.jpg

I wanna know kV/RPM, the gear ratio, the max voltage/max power/max RPM rating.
So I tried to look for it on the net, but maybe you guys know more about these motors (my wheel is 20 inch).

Sans titre-3.jpg

Here are vids of dismantling for the purpose of documentation : [youtube]2KKY2SwtcSY[/youtube] [youtube]BeKg0BjX7gI[/youtube] [youtube]YoAqflYf8rc[/youtube] [youtube]vw_BRhsyJoY[/youtube]

So for THE CONTROLLER, I`m kinda puzzled.
Is there a way to use this controller at 48V nominal (13S with LiMnNiCoO2 18650 cells) ??

Once again I can't find a datasheet on the controller... It`s a generic controller.
What's contradictory to me is controller say batt voltage 36/48V, but then how would that work at 48V if the LVC and HVC are set to 28 and 38V respectively ?

Here`s the controller :controller_2.jpgcontroller3.jpgcontroller_red.jpg

Will that run at 48V nominal ? Or do I need to change controller ? It`s kinda unclear to me...

Matador

Currently THE BATTERY (the OEM one) is quite small. 36V 8AH.
It's a 40 cell 10S4P battery with small BAK brand chinese 18650 cells and a super small BMS.
The specific battery enclosure is the model "DCH-014 L395 box" which takes a maximum of 40 x 18650 cells. Not to be confused with the "DCH-014 L325 box" which only accepts a maximum of 30 cells.

Current battery (fits hidden inside the folding bike`s tube... along with the controller (see pics of first post).
batt1_red.jpgbatt3_red.jpgbatt4_red2.jpgbatt2_red.jpgbatt_sheet.jpg91Whfih01KL__SL1500_.jpgakku_1.jpgakku_6.jpg
Notice the mini BMS is on the right side of the wrap (you can see its thickness... really small but there).
akku_5.jpg

Here is the chinese cells specsheet :View attachment FST-18650-2000MAH Specsheet.pdf

So basically,

Considering that this is a geared hub motor initially rated for 250 W and a 20 inch wheel.
Considering the previous posted specs I could gather up.

How much would you push it too in watts so it's faster (I'd like 40 kph potential to speed, and normal commute 32-35 kph) but still reliable that I dont have to think about throttlke and temps to not melt it?

Can I use the same controller or do I absolutely need a new one ? If the latter, what would you recommend ?

Assume I have infinite supply of batteries.
I have quite some cells... https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28285&p=1299346&hilit=vtc4+cells#p1299346
3box%2520VTC4.jpg

Honestly, If I get a 48V controller that's 25A max (maybe 15A continuous) and a 52V (14S 4or5P with minimum 10A cells) battery that can be 40A or more capable. Would I have high likelyhood of frying the coils or the nylon gears ?

For 36 or 48 I know ebay seller sunwin has marked pcb parts you just desolder/solder to get the LVC. But he dont market his as 48/60/72/84 unlike your controller.

Wouldnt hurt to open up the controller and look at the pcb board and see if its labeled at all.

Secondly sellers commonly give any number they wish to their motors to get more sales. For instance they would label a typical cloned 9C 1000W+ motor as 250W to please the UK customers, or 500W or 750W to please the North American customers.

Thirdly for your over volting, you'd need to look at your controllers capacitors, which would have a voltage rating on them. If they say 80V you can safely go to 72V, but you need to find a way to achieve a LVC, or just manually do it with some RC voltage alarms.

For your motor, how many watts can it take before it burns up or chews the gears, would be to have a temprature sensor and just ride, keeping a close eye on how many watts your pushing the motor. A Cycle Analyst is very helpful.

markz said:
For 36 or 48 I know ebay seller sunwin has marked pcb parts you just desolder/solder to get the LVC. But he dont market his as 48/60/72/84 unlike your controller.

Wouldnt hurt to open up the controller and look at the pcb board and see if its labeled at all.

Secondly sellers commonly give any number they wish to their motors to get more sales. For instance they would label a typical cloned 9C 1000W+ motor as 250W to please the UK customers, or 500W or 750W to please the North American customers.

Thirdly for your over volting, you'd need to look at your controllers capacitors, which would have a voltage rating on them. If they say 80V you can safely go to 72V, but you need to find a way to achieve a LVC, or just manually do it with some RC voltage alarms.

For your motor, how many watts can it take before it burns up or chews the gears, would be to have a temprature sensor and just ride, keeping a close eye on how many watts your pushing the motor. A Cycle Analyst is very helpful.

Thanks markz. I must say I'm already quite happy with the bike as it is... But I would just like to have it a tad faster. Not more than 33% of it current max top speed. This is so that I dont compromise reliablility significantly.

It think I'd be quite happy with 500 or even 350 watts mechanical output at the shaft rather than 250W (if that`s what it is). I don`t want to do like a preview member who pushed a 250W bafang gear hub to 1700W and had modified the planetary gears from nylon to steel.

It`s the controller aspects on which I am the least knowledgeble. So I understand from what you are saying that it`s possible my controller could run 48V if I solder/desolder some components, so as long as the capacitor are sufficiently highly rated ?
I`ll check the capacitor in the controller when I get a chance. I`m thinking they must be 63V rated.

Matador

Markz

I checked in the controller.
Capacitors are all 63volts.
the big one is 470uF 63V. Pics coming

I believe you'd be safe to a max charge of the battery of 60V off the charger, I wouldnt risk much more then that otherwise you'd blow a cap. Now there might be some leeway above and beyond 63V say 65V but I am unsure.

So you'd be safe at 10S battery of 36V which is 42V off the charger, 12S of 48V which is like 52V off the charger, or a 15S of 63V off the charger, but you may want to think of going 14S of 58.8V off the charger. Assuming your using Li-Ion of 3.7V nom and 4.2V max.

If I were you, I'd go with a 14S battery pack that is roughly 59V off the charger. Gives you a bit off leeway as mentioned.

Also, you could buy higher rated capacitors and solder them in. Then perhaps do a "Shunt Mod" which I havent done....... yet.

Ouside of controller:View attachment 1Controller.jpg

So here are the pics of the inside of the stock controller "36/48V".
Controller_i1.jpgController_i2.jpgController_i3.jpgController_i5.jpgController_i6.jpgController_i4.jpgController_i7.jpg

Is this voltage overclockable ?

Went fo a ride (8.6 mile using throttle only and a bit of PAS3 with some pedeling got the 8Ah battery from 41.9V to 38.8V).
I was able to GPS clock my speed for a few second..... 27 26 25...... 25 Km/h.

25km/h means my 20 inch wheel is turning at 261 RPM. Don`t know the gearing ratio of the motor... nor it`s RPM per volts...

Need a bit more than that in terms of speed....
What do you think ? Any similar mods in the past that I could reproduce on my controller ?
I need you guy's help!

I'd think 14S (58.8V hot off the charger) would be more than enough. But can my controller do it even if it says HVC is 38V ??

Matador

Just noticed I made a mistake in my second post.
20 inch wheel circumference is 1.595928 meter, not 0.797964 meter.

That mean the wheel RPM and chainring RPM (48T with rear lowest 14T) for anticipated speed is :
25km/h (15.5 mph) - 261 RPM (wheel) - 76 RPM (chainring)
26km/h (16.2 mph) - 272 RPM (wheel) - 79 RPM (chainring)
27km/h (16.8 mph) - 282 RPM (wheel) - 82 RPM (chainring)
28km/h (17.4 mph) - 292 RPM (wheel) - 85 RPM (chainring)
29km/h (18.0 mph) - 303 RPM (wheel) - 88 RPM (chainring)
30km/h (18.6 mph) - 313 RPM (wheel) - 91 RPM (chainring)
32km/h (19.9 mph) - 334 RPM (wheel) - 97 RPM (chainring)
35km/h (21.7 mph) - 366 RPM (wheel) - 114 RPM (chainring)
40km/h (24.8 mph) - 418 RPM (wheel) - 122 RPM (chainring)

Seems like freewheeling in the air, my wheel is turing at 280 RPM ± 20 RPM at 38.8 (no load voltage).
So I`m guessing this is around 27 km/h in the air.

If I clocked 26 km/h correctly with a 36V (10S) batt.
I should be at 34 kph with a 48V (13S) batt or even 36.4 kph with a 52V (14S) batt

Shhh...t if feel like the motor they chose (the gear ratio of the motor or kv/RPM) is not right for the use of 20 inch wheels.
25 kph is quite slow...

Can I just hook a 14S Lithium battery on this controller as is ? Or do I need to mod ?

That sucks that NYC cops stole your bike. Makes me mad.

We ride a couple of 20" folders. Similar size motor, a 260 rpm Q100H. About 18 mph on 36V. Pretty mild mannered. Throttle doen't add much above 14 mph. At the same time 20 mph is quick on 20". WIth 48V, I know it can do 22 mph. Maybe 24mph is possible,

I'm using the KT36/48ZWSRMH-20A controller from pswpower.com. $60 plus $34 shipping for the whole kit with LCD-3 display, PAS, speed sensor, brakes. It selects the voltage on powerup. I've also run it on a 14S-2P Luna mini ( 52V). At 48V, the display indicates 900 W peak.

As my 48V batteries are dolphins and don't fit on these little bikes, I made up a 12V module, 3Sx4P, which I sometimes put in series with my 36V batteries, to get 48V. I hacked a hoverboard battery to get the cells, and bought a BMS and charger.

So you got pinched did ya

What were the circumstances, like how were you riding, where were you riding, how fast were you riding, did your ebike look drastically different then a regular bicycle to a glancing eye. How did the Fuzzy snag ya. I could tell you a very interesting story about the Fuzz here in Calgary, Alberta, planned to a few times even posted it but then deleted it. Maybe.

I did. And that was on the day of my birthday. I was coming back to work in the city after a visit to my family and I figured I`d go have a bike ride and enjoy the air before starting a the week of hard work labor (average 70-80 hr per week) in my 10 cubic feet cubicule. I was riding on the hudson bike line. My mistake was that I slowed down to around 2 mph, before the cops even noticed me. I slowed down because there was some children and families walking around the bike lane and I wanted to be nice to pedestrians and set the example as a cyclist who can live with everybody else. That's when I felt the hand of the cops on my shoulder who shout to me to stop. He asked for ID, said ebike were illegal (which they are not. Operating an electrified bike with electricity is) and the mean cop came back with a 500$ ticket and sieze my bike. Happy birthday! The cops were laughing at my loss right in front of me. Meanwhile was kid passing by on electric mini scooter and the cop would do nothing ; "you were there at the wrong time" (trust me next time I see you I wont stop". I lost hop and the level of respect I once had for cops. I feel that they are noot here to protect us anymore. That day, that cop, by not even trying to listen to my motives. She could not care less that I was not doing any harm to anybody and that I was just trying to get by. She could not care less that I was actually doing good to the planet. It clearly became obvious that she was not here to protect me or any other citizen for that matter. She was here to "legally" steal my good. She was there to "rape" people and take their joy of life away... Just because she could use her powers, as a cop, to hurt others. The bike was an Arrow 7, NYC's most prevalent eBike. I love that bike and spent hours tuning it correctly... The bike was my baby, it was an extension of me. It had a 26AH 36V battery that allowed me to ride for 50 miles of distance in one single charge. If a cops shouts a me next time, I feel like I should just not stop and just continue riding. I'm not doing harm to anybody... It's actually peolple like me who benefit others and help everybody live in a better world.

I recall your first thread about the Arrow 7.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89258

file.php

[strike]No chance you can go to court and get it back?[/strike] I read the other thread about how they screw you with the $500 fine.

Not worth my time or efforts. I already tried to contest the 500$ ticket... At first it said on the ticket that I could contest it by postal mail. Then I received a mail reply saying I can't do it by regular mail and that I have to go to court.. I don't want to sound arrogant or anything, but there is just not enough with 24 hr in a day in my life currently to even bother doing this.

Plus, even if you do win.
Or if you do pay the 500$ fine,

you still do NOT have your eBike back yet. In addition to paying 500$, you need to :

1- PRESENT A VALID DRIVERS LICENCE to present to the impound staff (eBikes are considered motorised vehicles here) or they wont release it even if you have paid the 500$ fine and have the reciept for payment.
2 - HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE OF THE E-BIKE that prooves that YOU bought the bike (can't be custom either) and that says when and where (which store) you bought it from and for how much you bought it (i paid cash off of craigslist... of course I don't have the bill, so I wont get it back, even if I did pay the 500$ fine.... might as well not be stupid an not pay them 500$ to get nothing back! Hence I bought another ebike instead.
3 - CLAIM THE BIKE BACK IN LESS THAN 90 days, otherwise it will be SOLD AT AUCTION before you get a chance to get it back anyways ...

So basically, you're screwed, unless your are willing to spend 500$ and then spend days going to court and finding a way to get an e-bike store to make you a fake e-bike bill (which store in their right mind will risk it,s reputation and business just to make you happy so you can win in court and take the risk to falsify a bill ? None...). Everything has been though in advance so that you will have to spend the most possible money, waste the maximum possible time you could, and to make sure that you have the least possible chance to get anything back from them. I'm really mad about this.

Anyways, the ticket is a civil offense (just like a parking ticket) not a criminal offense. As you know, there is a legal limbo making e-Bikes illegal, yet still very sought after for convenient tranportation in NYC. NYC's unethical mayor uses this to make money. Much much money..... You'll never get a 500$ ticket if you drive a car (unless you are totally reckless and drive 100 mph, which an eBike can`t do anyway, since they average 15-20 mph top speed) that emits plenty of polluants known to increase cancer incidence, but ride an ebike at it`s top speed (15-20mph) when you commute and you will get raped with tickets from the cops if you get cut.

I thought about finding a journalist to make a documentary to expose how much cops in NYC are crooks when it comes to ebikes and how much our mayor DeBlasio is also crooked. They take advantage of many poor delivery people who spend months of salary to get an ebike to be able to work somehow efficiently and have "some sort of quality of life", but then... when these silent abused delivery workers have to work one or two more months to pay the 500$ fine after they got cought, often sacrificing what they could have offered their familes (like education for the kids), find out they can't even get their ebike back because they don't have a valid driver's licence and they did keep the eBike bill !! How more discusting can this be ? Thank you DeBlasio ! Thank you NYPD ! Thank you Jessica Lapin. It's soo important to remove all those dangerous ebikes that go 15-20mph from our roads... You guys are exactly the reason why we don't want to live in NYC. The documentary would show how absurd ebike crack downs are in this overcrowded and overpolluted city. If this documentary ever comes out, In 50 years from now, Di Blasio with it.s anti-progess ebike crack downs and sanctions targetting the less fortunate could be seen as the guy who convinced the planet that ebiker riders are reckless people and dangerous criminals and that their ebikes are a nuisance. Basically saying that car are much more adapted to NYC... The hitler of eBikes. Only to realise how stupid he was 50 years later when ebikes will be the norm in every friggin city except NYC, but then looking back at himself seeing how retard DeBlasio himself was. We're 2018... Time to evolve pals. You NYC governing guys may wan't to have a bit of introspection and auto-criticism.

Enough said about DeBlasio.

By the way, I love the arrow ebike.
I spent hour tuning this beauty. It was such a personal object... An extension of my legs.... A part of me.
And then they just took it from me. I'm really mad when I think about it.

Cops... Thank you for being nuisance to the citizen :roll: .

Getting back to the Ancheer, I don't see a shunt nor do I see any obvious places marked off for 36/48V jumpers. The circuit looks set up for an intelligent console, as it shows serial data to/from the console (Rxd and Txd).

I guess I would apply 48V and see what happens. The LED console may not be able to set LVC though, and the power meter display will be inaccurate. You will have to rely on your battery's internal BMS to provide LVC in that case. Maybe you can find a rig up some of your 18650's for a 12 V module to test.

I have one 36V bike with an 810 LED display that I can run on 48V. The controller has 63V caps. The 810 display is voltage specific though and is analog, but works OK aside from an inaccurate power LED.

Your question about melting the gears or smoking the windings? Sure, you can melt it. RIde sensible.

I'd say try putting 48v to the controller and see how it goes. Parts are made for that much but software might inhibit if it's too high. I don't think you would damage anything. LVC won't work without reprogramming but there are other ways around that, like a CA.

Shunt is visible. Not sure you would want to increase the current limit, but it looks pretty easy.

It's hard to say if that controller does any kind of field weakening. If not, you could get one that does and get more speed out of it with the stock battery. Power Velocity has a 6 FET version that looks very similar to yours.

Haven't had the time to overclock my Ancher 20inch wheel foding 250W, 36V 8Ah (in-tube hidden romovable/loackable battery) eBike yet.

But, just as it is now, I want to update. So far only found time to do 150 km total with it.
I keep tire pressure at 65PSI (max recommended) to avoid any flats.
It's doing great.

So quick here is a range study for the actual battery and provided (42V 2A charger)

DISCHARGE
(from a full 41.8-41.9 V off the charger) :
Ambiant outside temperature : between 8 and 15 degree celcius
Inertia parameters : I'm 5'10'', 150 lbs
Riding style : always using throttle and pedelling allong to help the battery a bit, I'm pretty much always at top speed of 26km/h where controller tops out) when I can and don`t have to stop for lighs or crossing pedestrians.
Low voltage cutoff: I did discharge the battery once completely, just to have a sense of the max range. I hit LVC and had to pedal the bike home fo a mile or soo. Checked the batt voltage home was 32.8V no-load.

Today (outside 15 degree C), I did a 14.7miles (23.7 km) in 70 minutes on average but I had to slow down a lot to stop at red lights and in south mahattan island was a lot of pedestrian tourist jaywalking on bike lanes instead of using the pedestrian path that was just across. In summary, I took a ride using 66th St from York ave through Central Park, to Riverside ave (basically crossing manhattan island from east coast to west coast axis) then heading full south to Battery Park using the Hudson River bike lane, then from Battery park, following State St. to Manhattan East side going back north using East River bike lane, up to E37th St. From E 37St and East river bike lane, went to 2nd avenue and headed north by 2nd avenue bike lane up to E68th St. THere you go. Average speed 20.3 km/h (12.5 mph). I'm pretty sure if it was night and not so much pedestrian, I could easily do 24 kph average (just because of red lights). Not bad for a 250W setup.... Not so much high top speed, but enough torque with 20 inch wheels.

Here's my experience with the battery I showed below: PS: I usually keep it between 38-39V and charge up to full 3h prior departure.

DISCHARGE:
table.jpgkm.jpgmph.jpg

RECHARGE IT WITH THE STOCK CHARGER (cheap brick 2.0A 42.0V - Output measured at 41.9V): Quick enough !
Charge_reduced.jpg

Just for fun, thought I would post about it....

PS: Workin on a 14S2P battery with a Vruzend V2 prototype. I`m thinking about trying that on the stock 15A (max) controller is showed in pictures above (see previous posts). I'll be using some LG MF1 2150 mAh 10A (max) 18650 cells from Hooverboard packs I got fromm Alarmhookup seller on ebay few months ago. Cells look great, but wrapper fell apart into plastic flake while dissassembling packs. I have to rewrap them.... (Ordered a kit with some protective cardboard washers for the +-battery contact). Also pain in the butt to sand down the battery contacts that have pretty darn heavy duty spotwelded tabs (much more solid than what you see on laptop packs...). But need to do a good sanding job to do justice to the VRUZEND V2 kit.

So far the bike is holding up great ! For 625 bucks, I'm happy. (The BMS in the battery is incredibly tiny!)
I`'m actually looking for a source of battery cases of the exact same format/model to put some of my 30A VTC4 cells I have in stock.... I'd like to get a second battery to slide in the bike tube just in cas I'm going long range. Dont want a rear rack pack... The back is already heavy enough.

When I bring back the bike to Canada, I might put in a 750 or 1000W geared hub and beefyer controller.... I`m thinking a DD hub would be way too big and impossible to lace in a 20 inch wheel, so no choice but planetary gear hub.

Matador

Matador said:
I did. And that was on the day of my birthday. I was coming back to work in the city after a visit to my family and I figured I`d go have a bike ride and enjoy the air before starting a the week of hard work labor (average 70-80 hr per week) in my 10 cubic feet cubicule. I was riding on the hudson bike line. My mistake was that I slowed down to around 2 mph, before the cops even noticed me. I slowed down because there was some children and families walking around the bike lane and I wanted to be nice to pedestrians and set the example as a cyclist who can live with everybody else. That's when I felt the hand of the cops on my shoulder who shout to me to stop. He asked for ID, said ebike were illegal (which they are not. Operating an electrified bike with electricity is) and the mean cop came back with a 500$ ticket and sieze my bike. Happy birthday! The cops were laughing at my loss right in front of me. Meanwhile was kid passing by on electric mini scooter and the cop would do nothing ; "you were there at the wrong time" (trust me next time I see you I wont stop". I lost hop and the level of respect I once had for cops. I feel that they are noot here to protect us anymore. That day, that cop, by not even trying to listen to my motives. She could not care less that I was not doing any harm to anybody and that I was just trying to get by. She could not care less that I was actually doing good to the planet. It clearly became obvious that she was not here to protect me or any other citizen for that matter. She was here to "legally" steal my good. She was there to "rape" people and take their joy of life away... Just because she could use her powers, as a cop, to hurt others. The bike was an Arrow 7, NYC's most prevalent eBike. I love that bike and spent hours tuning it correctly... The bike was my baby, it was an extension of me. It had a 26AH 36V battery that allowed me to ride for 50 miles of distance in one single charge. If a cops shouts a me next time, I feel like I should just not stop and just continue riding. I'm not doing harm to anybody... It's actually peolple like me who benefit others and help everybody live in a better world.

I feel ya Matador... Reading this makes me so mad. you should've just went instead of stopping. mother f'ing bi'ch cop messing with the safe rider, she should get f'ed up her a$$ until she cant hold poop anymore without a plug.

Anyways.

Today I saw three cop vans stopped at different places along the Hudson River bike path.
I went off the bike lane and onto the boulevard with cars each time before passing by them, so that I would not get cut in case Cops were there to do their dirty work of seizing ebikes. Cleary, we have too many cops in NYC with not enough work on their hands... Taking times to bust balls of ebikes peicefully riding on bike lanes.

For those short moments I was on the boulevard twice did I get honked by cars that got mad, pointing out the bike lanes just my right where I should be riding instead of the boulevard with cars that roll at 35-40 mph... Well the bike lanes have signs " No motor Vehicle" and a electric sign "e-Bikes are illegal". So two choices, either go on the boulevard with mad road raging cars that want to crush your bones and don't want to see you on the street when there are bike lanes nearby. Versus going on the bike lanes where corrupted mobster cops are waiting for you to come so they can seize your bike and give you a 500$ summon, and make easy money on you. At one place I could not avoid passing by a cops van (like the vans they use to sieze your bikes) on the bike lane...

I speeded up from 6-7 mph to around 10-12 mph to be sure the cops would not have time to realise I'm on an electric bike or to do anything about it. It worked. But this exact spot was a right turn at the level of West 22th St were there was a pedestrian crossing. There was no pedestrian crossing when I looked, just a cop van and a traffic security guy so I speed up. The pedestrian security guy with a yellow traffic shirt shouted at me "cysclist slow down !!!". There is no way I am going to slow down with that cop van neaby. There is now way I'm going to slow down so you can seize my ebike. Dream on cops! Your way of doing this has succeded in making our world less safe: people wil not slow down, they will now accelerate when they see you nearby! I will not slow down for pigs anymore. I will come closer to them at reasonable speed to not raize suspicions of electrification, then when I'm getting real closer to them, I will speed up to 15 mph like a mofo !

Here are the NYPD vans I'm talking about. ebikeloot-1.jpg When you see cops and there vans, avoid ! In my case, when they seize my oldest ebike, the van was hidden and there was only an undercover car. When they "catched" me (aka when, they abused of their powers and commited to steal my good) they they called the van, which was hidden further away and loaded it up with my previous Arrow eBike. How crooked is that ! 2c642833d37e844ae41ce3264287959c.jpg

Curious why they carry two massive pairs of bolt cutters in the van, is it so they can take any bike they feel like?

just found this article that they will start permit the pedal assist ebikes that goes under 20mph

https://nyc.streetsblog.org/2018/04/03/de-blasio-moves-to-permit-pedal-assist-electric-bikes-on-nyc-streets/

Back