Electric Surf Board

Hello
I use also the industrial version. Maybe you have to write in default to the download window (version selection).
For my controller they have written a special version with a special download name.
Have you ordered the version with logging function? If yes what kind of Error or Warnings are listed? You should also be able to download a kind of xls file. Normally you can real out the currents, the internal currents and anything else...
Maybe I can help you a little bit

fabianpusch said:
Hello
I use also the industrial version. Maybe you have to write in default to the download window (version selection).
For my controller they have written a special version with a special download name.
Have you ordered the version with logging function? If yes what kind of Error or Warnings are listed? You should also be able to download a kind of xls file. Normally you can real out the currents, the internal currents and anything else...
Maybe I can help you a little bit

hello, thanks for the offer to help.

yes i have logging function, but i cannot download the protool software to interface the esc to a computer. do you have a link where i can download it? mgm didnt supply software, or even a link to a download page. and google search yields a merry-go-round of un-useful results.

i downloaded the x2 (hobby) version of the sofware, but when i connect the esc, it just says "not compatible, download protool"

any help would be great

thanks

I can send you the software via wetransfer. So please send me your E-Mail via personal message.

Also I can support you via WhatsApp?

enclosed I send you some pics...
from CAD and also a quick pic just hanging in front of the bathroom ;)
at the moment I am building up the new terminal for charging and the rest of the communication stuff.
also I am rebuilding the battery - it is too strong for the MGM controller...

in the end I am alos building up an electric surf board, it is now version number 3...

Attachments

• 1_.jpg
    1_.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,921
  • 2_.jpg
    2_.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,921
  • 3_.jpg
    3_.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 3,349
  • 4_.jpg
    4_.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 3,349
  • 5_.jpg
    5_.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 2,921
  • 6_.jpg
    6_.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 3,349
  • 9_.jpg
    9_.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 3,349
  • 8_.jpg
    8_.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 3,349
  • 7_.jpg
    7_.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 3,349
fabianpusch said:
enclosed I send you some pics...
from CAD and also a quick pic just hanging in front of the bathroom ;)
at the moment I am building up the new terminal for charging and the rest of the communication stuff.
also I am rebuilding the battery - it is too strong for the MGM controller...

in the end I am alos building up an electric surf board, it is now version number 3...

looking awesome! lots of volume so it should start planing real easy.

any videos on the water?

once again fabian, thanks for the help. i just drove down to the shop to setup my esc, and all looks good for another test tomorrow!

toto44 said:
Hello,

I created completely new jet. It will be availible soon for download, after I printed and testrun it. Here are some pictures. I improved bearings, added grease nipples, better waterflow..........

i have to say thats a nice piece of design work. is it going on a jetsurf?

I have done some videos with me GoPro, so if there is some free time I will try to load up.
At the moment I am very busy to finish the intake area and make the electronic wiring like in the automotive industry...
I will be in Corsica for three weeks to test everything again.
What kind of battery do you use?

i made a pack from 112 samsung q30 cells. so its a 14s 8p battery. lasts about 25 mins

do you work in the auto industry? out of curiosity what motor did you use? also are you planning to manufacture/sell the boards? looks like youve put some effort into the design work.

looking forward to seeing some vids!

No it is just for fun ;)
At the moment I am using Kokam pouch cells 14S1P.
I have worked in the automotive industry and also some years in the formular 1, that is the reason for doing everything in carbon.
My first board was finished 2013, at those days it would have been the right time to think about selling it. Today there are a lot of products on the market.
What kind of remote are you using? That is one of the last big challenges, the waterproof issue.

fabianpusch said:
No it is just for fun ;)
At the moment I am using Kokam pouch cells 14S1P.
I have worked in the automotive industry and also some years in the formular 1, that is the reason for doing everything in carbon.
My first board was finished 2013, at those days it would have been the right time to think about selling it. Today there are a lot of products on the market.
What kind of remote are you using? That is one of the last big challenges, the waterproof issue.

thats cool, im also automotive industry engineering :)

i plan on designing/making a remote using some off the shelf components,linear potentiometer for trigger. machined casing, and injection mould some latex water seales/gaskets etc

well i got it full speed today, heres a vid https://youtu.be/c0XDJY2NXT8

but i blew a cooling hose and the esc went into protection mode, hence i end up in the drink!

heres another vid of about 80 percent throttle https://youtu.be/d7sS6LbpJsw

Yeah looks really good and a little funny.
Have you the possibility to check the speed with a GPS?
Should be something around 25-30 km/h...or?
Have you limited the rpm? From the sound it is round about 13500-14500?
Looks really good, go on with optimization :D

yeah it looks pretty funny, but wasnt so funny when the brain freeze started.

its hard to say how fast it is, it feels real fast, but im guessing around 35 kph at full throttle, although it feels like 100kph.

ill see if i can get a gps sorted to take some speed measurements

srn said:
chris_kline said:
hello

i didnt recveive the esc yet. mgm said it would take 3 weeks to complete, but it then took nearly 2 weeks just to get an order confirmed from them, ultra slow response via email. its now been 5 weeks since i started the process

feeling a bit frustrated

Hope that it will arrive soon.
Would like to hear your experience before I order same parts. :D

Hi srn.

so my first impressions are the mgm esc is very very good indeed. i bought the industrial version, so i dont know exactly how different it is from the modeller version. it was pretty expensive at 1100 euro. but the temperature protection works great as i found out today. extremely well manufactured piece of hardware, the software setup works great, i fully recommend it if you wanna spend the bucks.

also the lehner 7050 motor works great, i gave it some abuse today, and it looks, and smells brand new, so i would recommend this also. how is your project coming along?

chris_kline said:
Hi srn.

so my first impressions are the mgm esc is very very good indeed. i bought the industrial version, so i dont know exactly how different it is from the modeller version. it was pretty expensive at 1100 euro. but the temperature protection works great as i found out today. extremely well manufactured piece of hardware, the software setup works great, i fully recommend it if you wanna spend the bucks.

also the lehner 7050 motor works great, i gave it some abuse today, and it looks, and smells brand new, so i would recommend this also. how is your project coming along?

Hello chris,

MGM was also recommending me the pro version for around 1100€. But I still think the hobby version for 700€ might be enough.

I nearly finished my drive unit with a gearing to increase the height of my drive shaft.
Next step is to install the aluminum plate into my carbon board. I am thinking whether to glue or to screw it.

driveunit1.jpg

srn said:
chris_kline said:
Hi srn.

Hello chris,

MGM was also recommending me the pro version for around 1100€. But I still think the hobby version for 700€ might be enough.

I nearly finished my drive unit with a gearing to increase the height of my drive shaft.
Next step is to install the aluminum plate into my carbon board. I am thinking whether to glue or to screw it.

driveunit1.jpg

looking good, cant wait to see it all together!

Hello
I will sell my MGM compro industrial version.
It is the 250 63V...
Reason I will use a another more or less self developed one.
It works well with the TorQstar
It has an Emergency OFF, logging, PWM input, additional water sealing and water cooling.

If interested, write a PM

Bye Fabian

PS the drivetrain looks great 😃

this is my work..
rpm under load 24.000
motor t power 5870 9 kw 12s
current 70 amp at full throttle.

sundogz from rcgroups, has designed a new impeller with overlapping blades should be exploit the motor.
wait the 3d print and making new test.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 3,517
  • Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 3,517
I've just finished reading the whole thread, some of this stuff looks amazing. currently working on building my esurf board (pictures to come) i was scrolling around and found this, thought you guys would get a kick out of it!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2629219/Surfer-glides-lake-handheld-electric-jet-engine-inspired-inventors-boyhood-experiments.html

Back