E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

A high performance , recumbent, long wheelbase, fully suspended , trike is what it will take to get you back to having electric fun
again ... once you sell the Stealth ?

There is great progress in Europe in regards to recumbent E-Velomobiles and Trikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIJSye1UHjk

Stealth_Bombering said:
Well guys it's been fun but I have to let my bike go. I am selling my B52 bomber on ebay due to some sciatic nerve issues. I tried the padded shorts and different seats but the sciatic nerve just doesn't want me to have this much fun anymore. Anyways I just listed my bike if anybody is in California that is interested let me know. I listed it with no reserve because I have no idea what it's worth and if some guy is lucky enough to get it for a good price and loves it as much as I did then I am happy to take the loss. Any questions feel free to ask me via ebay as I don't want to take up any threads on the forum.

Here she is - https://www.ebay.com/itm/152968157809

Thanks to everyone on the forum it's been a great ride!

cruzxia said:
file.php

B52 in paradise. :D

Nice new B52 Cruzxia, I see its shod with the latest and greatest Stealth modified H55XX, how does that pull compared to the older 5403? BTW, where have you been?

Theodore Voltaire said:
I'm seeing a lot of fake Stealth's. Stealth is becoming the generic name for any high power eBike that looks like a Stealth, just like Coke is generic for any cola drink.

Yeah mine is the real deal Bomber #162 of pure happiness. As other have mentioned I have looked
Into the recumbent but I like to ride mountain bike trials so that doesn’t work. For now I have gone back to playing golf.

I even bought some of those padded shorts which may work but are just to uncomfortable
In the the crouch region as there is it much free space there :)

Rix, good observation on the new motor. I rode one of the latest B52's and they were so impressive that I decided to upgrade my motor and battery.
The new motor is just fantastic, it has way more torque at all speeds, weighs several pounds less that the old motor and is more efficient. The reduction in unsprung weight has also improved the handling.

On my favorite trail where I used to hold it flat out with the old motor, now I have to back off the throttle to make the corners.
The new generation large capacity latest Stealth battery has improved my riding range substantially and it delivers great power with very little sag.

I got shot of my old gator brakes, and fitted Shimano's Saint M820's. They work well, but I find that the pads absorb moisture causing them to become a bit ordinary until you get them hot again.(Burn off the moisture)
I dont get time to post to much on ES, but I am still around. I love the bike and still ride most weekends. :D

cruzxia said:
Rix, good observation on the new motor. I rode one of the latest B52's and they were so impressive that I decided to upgrade my motor and battery.
The new motor is just fantastic, it has way more torque at all speeds, weighs several pounds less that the old motor and is more efficient. The reduction in unsprung weight has also improved the handling.

On my favorite trail where I used to hold it flat out with the old motor, now I have to back off the throttle to make the corners.
The new generation large capacity latest Stealth battery has improved my riding range substantially and it delivers great power with very little sag.

I got shot of my old gator brakes, and fitted Shimano's Saint M820's. They work well, but I find that the pads absorb moisture causing them to become a bit ordinary until you get them hot again.(Burn off the moisture)
I dont get time to post to much on ES, but I am still around. I love the bike and still ride most weekends. :D

Its funny you bring all this up, I am going to be re-acquiring my Bomber from my dad and rebuild it. New motor, battery, and a bunch of other stuff to bring it up to snuff. I don't think I will ever get rid of Bomber #143.

Rix said:
Its funny you bring all this up, I am going to be re-acquiring my Bomber from my dad and rebuild it. New motor, battery, and a bunch of other stuff to bring it up to snuff. I don't think I will ever get rid of Bomber #143.

Grande Rix .... for me the Bomber is like the TT600 .... this one:
Yamaha-TT__2-768x511.jpg

deemos said:
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what settings I should use for different types of riding for shocks and compression?, IE: Jumps,speed, etc.

Any help is greatly appriciated in advance.

log in on the forum and do a search for forum member "Emmett" then read his posts on suspension tuning etc for his stealth.. if you PM Rix and Emmett maybe they will chime in to help you get your suspension dialed in.. if you have not already, read your suspension owners manual(s), if you don't have the owners manual then it should be available for download on the suspension manufacturer website.. are you having any specific problems, what are your symptoms?? make sure to set your suspension sag (suspension compression from rider weight only) to ~25-30 percent of full travel for aggressive off-road and for your rider weight.. the rear suspension you will want to slow the rebound damping so that it doesn't pop back at you due to the heavy un-sprung weight of the hub motor..

bigbore said:
Rix said:

Grande Rix .... for me the Bomber is like the TT600 .... this one:
Yamaha-TT__2-768x511.jpg

Ciao Grande Allesagio!!! Piacere sentirti!!! I think this is a 1987 TT600, I rode a bike like this for 6 months and really liked it. Funny how close you are with the comment.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
deemos said:
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what settings I should use for different types of riding for shocks and compression?, IE: Jumps,speed, etc.

Any help is greatly appriciated in advance.

log in on the forum and do a search for forum member "Emmett" then read his posts on suspension tuning etc for his stealth.. if you PM Rix and Emmett maybe they will chime in to help you get your suspension dialed in.. if you have not already, read your suspension owners manual(s), if you don't have the owners manual then it should be available for download on the suspension manufacturer website.. are you having any specific problems, what are your symptoms?? make sure to set your suspension sag (suspension compression from rider weight only) to ~25-30 percent of full travel for aggressive off-road and for your rider weight.. the rear suspension you will want to slow the rebound damping so that it doesn't pop back at you due to the heavy un-sprung weight of the hub motor..

You said it Natas, thats exactly how I would recommend setting up any ebike with a hub motor. Emmett is the true suspension king, he can revalve and recommend shim stack combos for rider's weight and ability.

cruzxia said:

Well the bike looks good. Was there any issues with the new motor plugging into the old controller.

The new motor has an improved water proof connector for the hall/temp wires.
So if you send Stealth your controller and DC-1 they will flash the latest software in both controller and DC-1 and update the connector in the controller. I would recommend the new battery if you are upgrading everything.
I got the whole wheel, motor and rim. The new designed rim is greatly improved and much stronger. I had been using a MC rim and tire with the old motor. The wheel weight with tire dropped by about 6kg / 13lb. So that helps everything.
I would also recommend the new rear shock, it has improved valving and a great progressive spring.

cruzxia said:
The new motor has an improved water proof connector for the hall/temp wires.
So if you send Stealth your controller and DC-1 they will flash the latest software in both controller and DC-1 and update the connector in the controller. I would recommend the new battery if you are upgrading everything.
I got the whole wheel, motor and rim. The new designed rim is greatly improved and much stronger. I had been using a MC rim and tire with the old motor. The wheel weight with tire dropped by about 6kg / 13lb. So that helps everything.
I would also recommend the new rear shock, it has improved valving and a great progressive spring.

My bomber is old, it has the CA V2.25. I may still contact Stealth and send them the running gear for the update. Will see....Thanks again Andrew for answering my questions.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I keep hearing about a new Bomber battery, but I can't find any information about it. What's the scoop?
22s (92 volts HOC) and 24Ah with a 100amp capable BMS. The scoop is more volts and less volt sag equals more go fast :D

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I keep hearing about a new Bomber battery, but I can't find any information about it. What's the scoop?
22s (92 volts HOC) and 24Ah with a 100amp capable BMS. The scoop is more volts and less volt sag equals more go fast :D

Rix, does that mean it won't work in my bike unless I get a new controller?

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Rix, does that mean it won't work in my bike unless I get a new controller?

My understanding is our old bombers' controllers have 4110 fets which are 100 volt rated, so in theory it should work with the new battery. I imagine that its cutting things pretty close with the new battery, but should work fine as plug-n-ride option.

Rix said:
cruzxia said:
file.php

Nice new B52 Cruzxia, I see its shod with the latest and greatest Stealth modified H55XX, how does that pull compared to the older 5403? BTW, where have you been?

Any one know if its a H5580 or H55100?

Motor Model H5580
Motor Speed 80km.hr / 72V
Max. Torque Nm 88N.m / 710rpm / 72V 40A
Voltage Range 48V ~ 96V
Suggest Current Max. 60A
Motor Weight 12kg

Motor Model H55100
Motor Speed 100km.hr / 96V
Max. Torque Nm 145N.m / 937rpm / 96V 42A
Voltage Range 48V ~ 96V
Suggest Current Max. 60A
Motor Weight 12kg

Also a new battery and being 22s has got lots to say on improved performance. New batteries always pull like a train.

I would not be particularly worried about running a 92v battery with a 100v controller. I think I read somewhere that my controller is 65 amp max, and it comes from the factory set for 60 amp even though I always see 67 amp peak recorded.

How many thousands does this amazing new battery cost?

Theodore Voltaire said:
I would not be particularly worried about running a 92v battery with a 100v controller. I think I read somewhere that my controller is 65 amp max, and it comes from the factory set for 60 amp even though I always see 67 amp peak recorded.

How many thousands does this amazing new battery cost?

Not sure what the cost is, but on a guess, north of 2K. You are right about the controller, it is a "60amp" 18fet unit like my Bomber is, but I routinely see 72-73amp peaks on the CA.

cut cat said:
Rix said:
cruzxia said:
file.php

Any one know if its a H5580 or H55100?

Motor Model H5580
Motor Speed 80km.hr / 72V
Max. Torque Nm 88N.m / 710rpm / 72V 40A
Voltage Range 48V ~ 96V
Suggest Current Max. 60A
Motor Weight 12kg

Motor Model H55100
Motor Speed 100km.hr / 96V
Max. Torque Nm 145N.m / 937rpm / 96V 42A
Voltage Range 48V ~ 96V
Suggest Current Max. 60A
Motor Weight 12kg

Also a new battery and being 22s has got lots to say on improved performance. New batteries always pull like a train.

I don't know if its a H5580 or H55100. I do know the newest bike is capable of speeds of 60+mph with the new battery. Looking at the specs you posted, I am thinking the 5580 and 55100 are the same motor and are rated differently with different controller/volt combos. I say this because the H55100 is rated for 100km/H on 96 volts and the 5580 is rated for 80km/H on 72 volts. My thinking is if the 5580 goes 80km/H on 72 volts, and one was to bump volts up to 96, the 5580 would go 100 km/H because of the higher volts.

A bit off topic but a lot of users on this thread probably use/have used the DMN rcp3 rear shock.
Question,, does the piggyback chamber contain air or nitrogen? Do i need to adjust it feom new or just leave as is?
Thanks Guys
Andrew.

brumbrum said:
A bit off topic but a lot of users on this thread probably use/have used the DMN rcp3 rear shock.
Question,, does the piggyback chamber contain air or nitrogen? Do i need to adjust it feom new or just leave as is?
Thanks Guys
Andrew.

the pressure chamber is air and is pressurized from the manufacturer.. try to get the shock tuned to your rider weight and style / terrain with the external adjustments and maybe a stiffer spring first before messing with the internal pressure and volume adjustments.. might not hurt to check the pressure but will likely lose some pressure by doing that, so make sure you have a high quality / pressure suspension pump and a ball inflation needle for that beforehand..

brumbrum said:
Thanks Guys
Andrew.

the pressure chamber is air and is pressurized from the manufacturer.. try to get the shock tuned to your rider weight and style / terrain with the external adjustments and maybe a stiffer spring first before messing with the internal pressure and volume adjustments.. might not hurt to check the pressure but will likely lose some pressure by doing that, so make sure you have a high quality / pressure suspension pump and a ball inflation needle for that beforehand..

Thanks for the help. There is no mention of the piggyback chamber in the setup manual. I will just tune preload/compression/rebound and see how it plays out. I have a couple of shock pumps here so am covered for that.
Cheers

brumbrum said:
brumbrum said:
Thanks Guys
Andrew.

Thanks for the help. There is no mention of the piggyback chamber in the setup manual. I will just tune preload/compression/rebound and see how it plays out. I have a couple of shock pumps here so am covered for that.
Cheers

this is about all i found with regard to the rear shock pressure chamber from the online manual :

"the shock has been filled with high pressure air (80 - 100 psi) during production. Do not remove the valve to prevent air leaking."

Back