Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Ohh, only Max-E... Do you know if it exists for Mini-E?

And yeah... it will vary from country to country. Where I ride (Norway) you have to have a PAS and no throttle.
But, it's a big difference to get busted with a 250w bike with throttle than to be busted with a 4kw bike with throttle.
Here, the 250w capped bike would be viewed as a malfunctioning ebike, while the 4kw bike would be viewed as a motorbike driven without a licence etc.

Check the firmware before you flash anything.
There are different flying around and even the latest doesn't work for the "new generation" series. (not sure if this was only max-e)

But think what could happen if you will stopped by police.
If you be an Asshole smiling about your password option, they maybe more pissed and show you who has the bigger one and throw your bike in the trunk for "inspection"....

Yeah, it would feel best to get this firmware from Adaptto to be sure it will work on my specific Mini-E.

For the cops... Yeah I see the point, but I see no need to be an asshole about it ;) Should they even test the buttons and find a pw protected option my answer would be that it came like this from the factory. (Of course it did, otherwise customers could fiddle with it, right?)

At least in this country, they would need to absolutely prove that the bike delivered more than 250w at the time it was used and observed.
If the bike can be "programmed" to deliver more, that's not an issue as long as it was not "possible" for me to do it while riding.
Anyways, this solution would be much better than being busted with something they would classify as a motorbike without registration etc.
And as always... Ride nice and be good to other users of the trails and you'll probably never get stopped. It's just nice knowing that you can put the bike in 250w mode by flipping a switch at any time ;)

Still very interested in this firmware version if it exists.

Thanks!

DasDouble said:
Swe said:
It is not like the bike will be legal with it, but still feels better to have that mode.

Are you sure? I mean who could proove that its able to give more output then 250Watt? No one. So its legal, right? :mrgreen:

I used to have this firmware.. Im gonna check my mail for that wait a sec.

Oh yeah, I still have that (thanks goooglemail ;))

Contact me via pm if interested. It is for ONLY for Max-E Controller!
The law is about what the motors marked continious watt, or something like that. So do not think it will help if it get to court. Not about the controllers limit. But I still want it to feel a little more safe if I get stopped.

I have the Mini controller so if your is only for Max too bad for me, thanks anyway! But Allex will mail me the correct version he said... But I have not got anything yet so still waiting :)

Swe said:
DasDouble said:
Swe said:
It is not like the bike will be legal with it, but still feels better to have that mode.

Are you sure? I mean who could proove that its able to give more output then 250Watt? No one. So its legal, right? :mrgreen:

The law is about what the motors marked continious watt, or something like that. So do not think it will help if it get to court. Not about the controllers limit. But I still want it to feel a little more safe if I get stopped.

I have the Mini controller so if your is only for Max too bad for me, thanks anyway! But Allex will mail me the correct version he said... But I have not got anything yet so still waiting :)

Well that´s why it says "250 Watts" on at least my own motor. In germany all it matter is the "Nenndauerleistung" (continuous rated power) - not the max. rated / possible power :wink:

I ask everyone who knows about this "firmware thing" to shut his mouth especially if he / she wants to make some videos like for youtube about that. Like always: We can only enjoy this freedom as long as it stays "in our own circles" if you know what I mean. All this can be really cool, but just as long as you don´t tell everyone about it, like this one guy from Great-Brexit who runs a YouTube Channel talking about his electric bike etc. Thanks god he has got no large audience yet :|

Swe said:

Well at least here at my place the 5-0 looks at what power gets deliverd at the rear (front) wheel, doesn´t matter if your motor is signed as a 250 or 500 I guess... An advantageous writing like "250W" could help to convince one or another donut-friend but in case you accellerate from nothing to something in like notime, preferably (not) in front of a blue partybus you could call yourself as the dude from the youtube videos where this one guy says "this is the moment he knew, he f*cked up" :mrgreen: lol

Allex said:
Here is something interesting.
What we see is the all new "Adaptto"(I don’t think that outer case is final) a creation from “Jeka” that gave us the very first MAX-e. The guy in the video is "Chupa" and makes the famous Chupapumps for the motors which are extremly popular in Russia now:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48753&p=1331082&hilit=mac#p1330847

He loads it up on a Dyno stand without any cooling.

The constant load is 5kW(1/4 of the full power) and the test is to show how long it can withstand this load before overheating without any forced air cooling(usually we have our controllers mounted in the outside and it gets cooled down from the headwind.
He also notes that he don’t know when this thing will be released nor about the price.
He has been testing this controller for about a month now with all kind of motors and points out that this is the only controller out there that creates optimal environment for ANY motor at ANY load. This means that depending on the load and speed, the controller instantly adjusts all the parameters such as angles and does this very, very correctly.
All the motors that were tested in the workshop showed the best efficiency with this controller compared to others(infineon, Kelly KBL/KBS[not sinus] and old Adaptto.

After 8minutes he had to abort the test because QS205 had a temperature over 70C on the outer casing while Adaptto reached to about 50C

[youtube]m_8p6b3PmL8[/youtube]

This is reaaaally interesting :shock: :eek: That thing could safe some money as you wouldn´t have to upgrade your old motor to a more heavy one. I like the idea with the airfilter haha

Swe said:
DasDouble said:
Swe said:

Firmwares:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15GldRhvvoCInyGABZImXU86SPLqcF41m

Allex said:
He has been testing this controller for about a month now with all kind of motors and points out that this is the only controller out there that creates optimal environment for ANY motor at ANY load. This means that depending on the load and speed, the controller instantly adjusts all the parameters such as angles and does this very, very correctly.
All the motors that were tested in the workshop showed the best efficiency with this controller compared to others(infineon, Kelly KBL/KBS[not sinus] and old Adaptto.

It would be good to know how it performs if compared to other FOC controllers as for instance ASI, Sabvoton, VESC 6.
Infineon or Kelly are not FOC.

Some time ago someone did a comparison between Sabvoton and old Adaptto and latter did heat up the motor more at same settings.
But i think we should not take this test too serious as this could depend on other factors like a bit higher phase current (overshoot above the set values) or non optimal motor tuning.

Anyway it sounds really good to know the new controller will adapt to the motor correctly by itself, and that it even does shift the parameters depending on the load for keeping ETA high.

Crap. Finally managed to put my bike together And I get this message. I had some damaged hall cables that I "fixed" but maybe it wasn't enough? Will probably have to tear the motor apart and see. Is it enough to measure connectivity from one end to the other of the hall cables or do I have to measure voltages?

I tried the health screen and spun the wheel but no numbers changed.

This might have something to do with it?

I measured the volt on the halls connector that comes from the controller with the bike on. Got 2V. Any ideas?

best case you have blown the halls protection resistor, r113 from memory.
that would explain why the voltage isnt more like 4.5v.

the tiny resistor is in on the board near one of the mounting screws under the back end cap(without the wires exit)

crea2k made a thread about replacing said resistor. have a look. i have done it myself also successfully.

its tiny smd, but you could use a larger easier one with legs, of same value, and solder it carefully to the traces as appropriate.

good luck.

Can someone please tell me what this means? "Can not lock" I'm trying to update the firmware on my Max-E because I'm having issues with it. But I seem unable to

Anyone know what's up with adaptto atm? I have sent my controller for repair and they haven't picked up my package in 2 weeks, they are not responding to my emails and I have not had any success with WhatsApp.

Cricket_Swe said:
Can someone please tell me what this means? "Can not lock" I'm trying to update the firmware on my Max-E because I'm having issues with it. But I seem unable to

looks like you have used unlocked firmware , so will not be able to flash the locked fw anymore.

nevermind, looks like warranty is out of the question anyway from latsest posts.. :|

Hello everyone

I have a Max-e with a 20s 15p 82v when fully charged. When the battery gets to around 66v. If I full throttle is get a Low Batt alerts on the Adaptto display. Is there any way to change this in anyway so that the alert appears say at around 50v

Many Thanks

BerkshireEbiker said:
Hello everyone

I have a Max-e with a 20s 15p 82v when fully charged. When the battery gets to around 66v. If I full throttle is get a Low Batt alerts on the Adaptto display. Is there any way to change this in anyway so that the alert appears say at around 50v

Many Thanks

Sure, set LVC in BMS setup at 50V.

BerkshireEbiker said:
Hello everyone

Many Thanks

You could easily change this in the BMS settings, but why would you want to? 66v IS low battery, 50v is way too low and will begin to damage cells.

I still have a faulty Max-E that I purchased on a bike from another ES user a year ago. The controller failed after one light test ride and I have not received a single reply from anyone in my attempts to get it fixed.

I’m asking again; can someone please help me get this thing repaired. I am willing to pay $ to whoever can get it working for me. I have posted on here, emailed Adaptto and Allex and had zero response.

The controller failed while charging, blowing 3 mosfets in the primary/charging phase. The first charge completed perfectly in just under 2 hours, I plugged it in for the second and it started ok but when I came back to check an hour later the charger fan was on full power and the bike was dead.

Mosfets were replaced but the motor now cogs, auto detect doesn’t work and it will not exit charge mode.

I have checked the R113 halls resistor and it measures 5ohm (advised range is between 2 & 8ohm) so don’t think the halls circuit is the problem.

Maybe it is a faulty charge coil? I don’t know how that can fail. The charger is an eltek flatpack2 48v that now goes into protect mode when plugged into the controller.

spektrolyte said:
I still have a faulty Max-E that I purchased on a bike from another ES user a year ago. The controller failed after one light test ride and I have not received a single reply from anyone in my attempts to get it fixed.

I’m asking again; can someone please help me get this thing repaired. I am willing to pay $ to whoever can get it working for me. I have posted on here, emailed Adaptto and Allex and had zero response.

The controller failed while charging, blowing 3 mosfets in the primary/charging phase. The first charge completed perfectly in just under 2 hours, I plugged it in for the second and it started ok but when I came back to check an hour later the charger fan was on full power and the bike was dead.

Mosfets were replaced but the motor now cogs, auto detect doesn’t work and it will not exit charge mode.

I have checked the R113 halls resistor and it measures 5ohm (advised range is between 2 & 8ohm) so don’t think the halls circuit is the problem.

Maybe it is a faulty charge coil? I don’t know how that can fail. The charger is an eltek flatpack2 48v that now goes into protect mode when plugged into the controller.

I'd say you have shorted phases... the reason why it blew the MOSFETS blew in the first place. I'd be checking your motor.

spektrolyte said:

If the motor cogs without beeing attached to the controller than there is a short in the motor.
If it only cogs when attached to the controller (which is turned off) than FETs have a short.
If motor doesn't cog until controller is turned on, than there could be a problem with the driver boards.

As the PSU goes into protect there is definitely a short somewhere.
You can measure the coil harness for a short, but i don't think there is something wrong with it.

Do you have a newer gen controller with the revised power stage, or an older one (with the green color screen case)?

Back