Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Aebrennan said:
I have fitted Zefal front guards to my RST equipped bikes, easy install secured with provided Velcro straps.
You will have a few more Light Bee owners nearby soon as I’ve had a lot of interest from NZ guys.

I ordered mine with the RST fork. There are a number of different Zefal fenders. Could you tell me which one you use? Thanks!

Anyone know how can i by one of these in europe?
The reseler that i saw is asking almost double the price :(

Can iorder directly from the producer?

Thanks in advance

Thank you guys for the input, and I've met motomoto a few times, but never went riding with him, but I'm impressed with his corner speeds and amazed it runs the track so well. Like Hyena's impression, it felt like the sur-ron worked fine, but didn't feel anywhere near 450 acceleration.

Even on sears-point's full size road racing course, my former boss Kenyon Kludge at Zero would drop me on my modded GSXR-1000 with an old TTXGP prototype bike that was making around 70hp and weighed about the same as my 170+hp GSXR-1000. I would be doing 40-50mph faster down straights on my GSXR, but because his speeds entering through exiting corners was so much higher, I couldn't even hang close enough to learn his line by following him on a bike with a +100hp power advantage.

I bet James Stewart on a Sur Ron could beat me around a supercross track no matter what bike at any power level I was given to try to keep up.

m3t said:
Hyena said:
liveforphysics said:
Incredible it was so well matched with a 450, was he giving it everything the 450 had?
These are no where near a 450 in any aspect - at least not for general use. The only place you'd keep or up is on a tight twisty track where the 450 can't get the power down. I rode my surron and a ktm 450 back to back last weekend and they're chalk and cheese. I actually prefer the surron for the sort of riding I do. It could do with say 50% more power to make it ideal but it would still fall shy of 450.
I didn't race the 450 in a line but I can tell the race would be over and the surron hosed before the 450 even hit second gear.
A 125cc 4 stroke is a much fairer comparison. Or as we discussed earlier in the thread a 140cc is much more comparable in terms of size and power. I reckon a KLX140 and surron would be bang on.
I'll upload the video in a few days (got onboard video on both bikes, overhead drone footage and both riders on both bikes for fairness 8) ) but every race the surron just pulled in front - mainly because it got off the line easily every time. I managed to get closer on the 125 with a better launch and flat changes on the 125 but I reckon with more practice to get a perfect launch I could pull dead even on the surron. But that's their beauty as well, you just mash the throttle and you're gone - no clutch to slip, gears to shift etc. Getting off the line is no fuss and they've not got enough power to flip you off. Both of us wheelied the 125 a few times time trying to get it off the line as quickly as possible.

Yeah, no offense but that guy on the 450 was pretty much a newb. However, motomoto was riding on the beginner's track anyway so that makes sense.

Plus, 450s typically make 55+ hp and 32+ ft-lbs of torque...something a Sur Ron couldn't match. However, it does weigh over double the Sur Ron so that makes sense. Even still, very impressive riding. Shows you what a capable, torquey motor can do on a tight track.

Antenor said:
Anyone know how can i by one of these in europe?
The reseler that i saw is asking almost double the price :(

Can i order directly from the producer?

Thanks in advance

https://ridesurron.com
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89902&p=1363044&#p1363044

https://www.sur-ron.cz

http://www.eco-rent.it/

Thanks...but first link is doible the price in us.
Second and third link dont have price

Was about time for someone in Eu make this bike available...fed up with 250w ebikes :)

Antenor said:
Thanks...but first link is doible the price in us.
Second and third link dont have price

Was about time for someone in Eu make this bike available...fed up with 250w ebikes :)

maybe contact them for pricing and availability.. I think Artur from vector may start selling Sur-ron so contact them as well.. since your in europe how about LMX it's more expensive but street legal.. also kuberg freerider, mammoth bikes mid drive, and Mrazek RevX are similar bikes of the genre.. ordering Sur-ron direct from china will be expensive shipping and import duties..

here is another light bee importer in europe :

http://www.biciclete-electrice.com/Dragon-Fly

http://sur-ron.com.ua/

Thank you

I like lmx a lot, but double the price...
Being street legal is a good think...but the price :(

Is more than ten times of a minimum salary here

Yeah, no offense but that guy on the 450 was pretty much a newb. However, motomoto was riding on the beginner's track anyway so that makes sense.

Plus, 450s typically make 55+ hp and 32+ ft-lbs of torque...something a Sur Ron couldn't match. However, it does weigh over double the Sur Ron so that makes sense. Even still, very impressive riding. Shows you what a capable, torquey motor can do on a tight track.

I think the fastest bike on that track would be a 125 2-stroke with some good clutch finesse. A 450 you have to bog to get traction
and is too heavy.

The Sur-ron with an Agni is the ticket on that track.

Antenor said:
In the last link the price is fine...thanks

Be careful, i think that price in that link is for the 48v version.

Here is a link to Suron's selling base in China for the 60v version. https://shop.tbfocus.com/item.php?id=552799556962#3571016202818 They did also have lots of spare parts listed a few weeks back including a different size rear wheel sprocket, but they are not there at present.

They add a 10% commission fee and charge about $700usd to ship it by air. All in it will cost $3116.00usd plus 700 shipping plus custom charges when it arrives in your country. It will still be cheaper than buying one directly from a european retailer/distributor. If i was going to buy one it would be from here. :D

I emailed Luna Cycles about purchasing one from them in the U.S to ship to the U.K but they were unable to do it. I assume this is some kind of agreement in place.

brumbrum said:
Antenor said:
In the last link the price is fine...thanks

Be careful, i think that price in that link is for the 48v version.

Here is a link to Suron's selling base in China for the 60v version. https://shop.tbfocus.com/item.php?id=552799556962#3571016202818 They did also have lots of spare parts listed a few weeks back including a different size rear wheel sprocket, but they are not there at present.

They add a 10% commission fee and charge about $700usd to ship it by air. All in it will cost $3116.00usd plus 700 shipping plus custom charges when it arrives in your country. It will still be cheaper than buying one directly from a european retailer/distributor. If i was going to buy one it would be from here. :D

I emailed Luna Cycles about purchasing one from them in the U.S to ship to the U.K but they were unable to do it. I assume this is some kind of agreement in place.

even the 48volt light bee is pretty nice, maybe get the 60volt battery later as an upgrade/ second battery for quick swap..

if you contact the Sur-ron importer biciclete-electrice they could probably order you the 60volt version instead if desired, ask them what the price would be on that from them.. I would be willing to pay a little more for a more local dealer for product support, etc instead of having to deal with china direct sales and maybe no after sale support or the possibility of having to ship back to china with any possible problems...

Make the Agni Sur-Ron happen buddy!!!

Or controller swap hot-rodding existing motor should be capable of a good deal more power, as I rarely get the stock motor over-temp until riding deep sand for extended periods. At your way better riding skills level do you run into the stock motor reaching max-temp?

motomoto said:

I think the fastest bike on that track would be a 125 2-stroke with some good clutch finesse. A 450 you have to bog to get traction
and is too heavy.

The Sur-ron with an Agni is the ticket on that track.

liveforphysics said:
I bet James Stewart on a Sur Ron could beat me around a supercross track no matter what bike at any power level I was given to try to keep up.

:lol:
great. some problems on triples but yea, he probably doesnt need a throttle on the full race. just flip a switch for wot :mrgreen:

Antenor said:
Thank you

alot of used etricks for half of new price are out there.
i found even a very rare pic of an etricks with original pedal kit and it is still L1E registered moped.

Attachments

• etricks_pedal.jpg
    etricks_pedal.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 2,748
I received my Sur-Ron light bee in Melbourne, Australia on Monday.

Stoked, can’t wait to take it for its first real ride next week, need to tune the suspension and make a few modifications to make it a real weapon.

Soo far I’ve added front fender, carbon riser bars and removed some stickers.

It feels really good, hopefully it jumps well etc.

I also own this Merida eOne-sixty 900e e-bike, which is awesome for riding in bike parks etc, where the Sur-Ron just can’t go..

Here is a photo from last weekend.

BhWRF5pAzzC

https://instagram.com/p/BhWRF5pAzzC/

66D2F92C-5F16-425F-87E5-14401A3D5881.jpeg

Mystic mtb Park @ Bright, VIC.

Loving the bike. Good range testing today, over 30 miles goosing it on the street, still hitting 40mph and 20% left on the little soc screen.

Luna has also gone beyond what is necessary for ensuring im satisfied. I have no qualms about my perchase and Luna will be getting more of my business in the future.

Hey there, I just registered on this forum after searching for the perfect ebike. Found already a lot of good info, very helpful :)

Do you know if there's any side by side comparison of the LMX 161 and the Sur Ron Light Bee anywhere? I'm considering one of those bikes, preferably the LMX because it's lighter and bigger (I'm 1m87 tall) but it's so much more expensive that I really hesitate. The Sur Ron looks a lot smaller, and I'm not sure how it compares to the LMX in terms of acceleration (without doing any modification on the bike).

LMX should have more power and is a better bike for the bigger riders.
But geometry of the frame could be better. I dont know how the new frame is but the old one was way less comfy than sur-ron.

Merlin said:
liveforphysics said:

:lol:
great. some problems on triples but yea, he probably doesnt need a throttle on the full race. just flip a switch for wot :mrgreen:

Antenor said:
Thank you

alot of used etricks for half of new price are out there.
i found even a very rare pic of an etricks with original pedal kit and it is still L1E registered moped.

Dude no offense but the etricks bikes are ugly as hell though. Sur-Ron gets compliments everywhere I go, except from egotistical bike riders on trails who you'd think built the damn trails themselves.

Honestly, I'll admit a lot of me getting the Sur Ron was for the looks. It looks really good. Also one of the reason why I was kinda bugged it came with white RSTs, that do perform well but just look completely out of place.

So no $h!t, there I was, driving home from work today about 1640 aka 4:40PM on I80 east of a mustang ranch turn off east of Reno when I passed a truck, maybe a Dodge Ram, pulling a Travel/possible Toy Hauler trailer with 2 SUR-RON bikes in the truck bed. Hey Kim!? was this you?

Rix said:
So no $h!t, there I was, driving home from work today about 1640 aka 4:40PM on I80 east of a mustang ranch turn off east of Reno when I passed a truck, maybe a Dodge Ram, pulling a Travel/possible Toy Hauler trailer with 2 SUR-RON bikes in the truck bed. Hey Kim!? was this you?

Certainly some Lucky person Rix if it wasn't Kim.

Those were my bikes!! Some Chinese guy stole them!!

Ok. He didn't steal them, but those were my bikes. He is a friend from China that works for Sur-ron. He is a national champion
in China. He is on his way to Boise Id to race in the first AMA national supermoto race this year. My wife and I are driving there
tomorrow to watch the races. I will challenge Sun Tong to a Sur-ron wheelie contest at the races and get it on video.

Make the Agni Sur-Ron happen buddy!!!

Or controller swap hot-rodding existing motor should be capable of a good deal more power, as I rarely get the stock motor over-temp until riding deep sand for extended periods. At your way better riding skills level do you run into the stock motor reaching max-temp?
The Agni Sur-ron will happen. I am just so damn busy!!

I am curious about getting more power out of the stock motor. When I look at the factory motor graphs the efficiency drops off.
How does a different controller make more power?

hp3000.jpgph3000 graph 2.png

motomoto said:
I am curious about getting more power out of the stock motor. When I look at the factory motor graphs the efficiency drops off.
How does a different controller make more power?
View attachment 1

For a serious tuning it would need more than just swappping controller. It needs more volt and higher reduction.
Does the Surron have 48V or 72V version of this motor?
But either way it isn't the ETA which is drops off much, it's the RPM.

In the second last row it has 21Nm at 2300 rpm, vs no load rpm of 4300. But ETA is still not bad at 88%.

It would make sense to go up with the voltage (maybe 20-22s) and than set an RPM or speed Limit in the controller so it doesn't spin higher as the 5000 rpm the motor is rated for.
With a larger reduction like 1:10 or higher it will have more take off punch AND more top speed than.

Back