new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could'a got 10 x 36v 4.4ah for $250.
With decent BMS.
200 quality, high output Samsung cells! ($1.25 each)
If you had listened ...
Kept most for your 36V eBIkes, busted open a few for 48v build ...

Could'a got 10 x 36v 4.4ah for $250.
Quality, high output Samsung cells!
If you had listened ...
Kept most for eBIkes, busted open a few for 48v build.

I am in the process of returning the 100 cels for a full refund.

The seller is scared to death I will give a bad review. I told them that I wont give any review and plan on keeping my word.

However even if I do get a full refund I will wait about a week and then e mail Richard Loyde who does all the capacity tests on youtube and give him the sellers name and information. Let him do his thing on you tube.

I wont be giving any review and will be keeping my word and everyone on you tube who watches it will then know to stay away from those batteries. If the seller is smart he will re list the cells as 500 mAh and someone might buy them but it wont be anyone making packs for e bikes. Mabye a flashlight or something.

The dishonesty must stop and I am considering doing my own capacity tests on cells if I can get single cells or a pack of 10 or less just to help put a stop to the lying just to make a buck. :D I can resell them on e bay for the actual measured capacity and some survivalist or camper can use them to power a lantern or something.

Even if I dont break even and take a slight loss I am fine with that if it keeps someone from getting robbed. This has a lot to do with you all being my friend and I do not buy bikes anymore if I am not sure of their history. I like to look in the mirror and see a decent person looking back , not a scumbag. Thanks for teaching me the right way everyone.

I will be seeking high capacity cells in the future so I can build some good packs. I might even order BMSs and sell the packs for a modest profit if possible.

LC out.

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. Finally a pedal chain.

I got both the chain breakers in the mail and the chain tensioner. I have absolutely no idea how the tensioner works and did not need either chain breaker to do the job however the motor chain is a little too tight but it don't look like the pedal chain will fall off as that is tight also.

I do not want to kill my SONA packs and do not want to use them for the 20" chain drive build so since I have no money to order anything right now and probably wont get any refund I decided to break out the solder iron and fix the damaged parallel balance cable.

There were four spots which were bad and I showed the last one being soldered. I cut them at the bad spots and soldered them back togeather then shrink wrap and then electrical tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDffhDErYXo&t=4s

here is the video and I will be using the old LiPo packs soon to do a test run after I install the 48 volt controller tommorow. I will be sending the < 500 mAh cells back and hopefully get a refund. I will do a video when I get the 20' cargo bike running again.

I could order the four 9 Ah SLAs if I do get a return however I really can't deal with all that weight. They are just too heavy. I am thinking about one of these if my money is returned and a second next month when I get my check. I have looked online at 18650 cells and the good name brand cells are just too much money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turnigy-MultiStar-6S-10000mAh-10C-LiPo-Battery-Pack-22-2V-XT90-eBike-MultiRotor/323212222758?hash=item4b40f32126:g:~pUAAOSwYgFaqVa-

I just read this and find it increadable. he recharged it ? is that supposed to be some kind of a joke or something ? :lol:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/batteries-chargers-84/8999441-turnigy-lipo-caught-fire.html

I really wish I could remove the puffed up and unstable cells from my old Lipo packs and get some use from them. two are outside in a dryer and two on my front porch which I need to do something with. I could use some good advice on what to do. I am really scarted of them. :oops:

Thanks.

LC out.

Attachments

• IMG_3456.JPG
    IMG_3456.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 1,934
LC,I recommend you to leave them alone. You don't quite understand them yet. Soldering is getting better.

Why are you afraid using the SONA packs? If the bike is drawing too much they would shut down fast due to the BMS function. That would tell you that there is a problem.

Hope you get your money back. I guess there are no more of the 36v packs anymore. Keep looking maybe they pop up again.

Dan

Why are you afraid using the SONA packs? If the bike is drawing too much they would shut down fast due to the BMS function. That would tell you that there is a problem.

I am not afraid of using the SONA packs. I have been using them exclusivelly about two to three times per week rain or shine going downtown with easy street. :lol: That is the official name for my 700c 21 speed hybrid build with the 500 watt geared hub motor pedal assist bike.

I really do not feel like unhooking and pulling the packs out to hook them up to anything else. I want them exclusivelly for easy street. We probably won't be hearing that song on the walking dead again any time soon if any of you guys have been watching but I named the build after the song as it is the easiest build ever and the bike pedals so easy I can pedal assist about 80% of the time I ride it.

I have 6 electric bicycles right now and all are running but the Shcwinn needs the spoke fixed and torque arms as I took them off for easy street. The Currie , The Schwinn , The dual motor cargo bike and the new 20" build all need batteries. Obviouslly I cannot afford packs for each but I am in the process of hooking my 48 volt controller to the new 20" build. ( see my last post).

The old LiPo packs will need to be replaced at some point in the future so am looking for 48 volts for at least three e bikes. I may run 36 volts to the Currie with the 36V 750 watt gear reduction motor but 44V LiPo could work just as well. Also 10S would work if I did remove the bad cells from the four packs which each have one bad cell. However I am not sure I have the courage to mess with that.

No matter how you look at it I am better off leaving easy street alone as I have one perfect e bike right now so am keeping the SONA packs for that exclusivelly. I am using it to go downtown today so I can go to library and print out my shipping label and the post office directlly across the street to ship the < 500 mAh cells back to Califorina.

If I do get a refund I am ordering the 10.0 - 6S Multistar and on the 3rd of May a second one for 44V. 18650 cells are not practical at this time for me. Good cells are highway robbery. Wall- mart has westinghouse cells in four packs and I see on youtube that they have been tested for capacity and they are very close to the 2,000 mAh they are rated for. However to build two 24 cell 6S packs for 48V @ 8 Ah it would cost over 140 bucks. That is why I am ordering the 10.0 - 6S multistar.

They will also be perfect if I do order that 48 volt 1,800 watt brushless motor for the Haro V3. I still have the plastic kit all wired up for 48 - 18650 cells - two 24 cell 6S packs but even if I build them they wont be high enough capacity for the 1,800 watt brushless motor.

In fact I have several 4S balance plug wires you sent me. If I get 32 to 50 decent 18650 cells that are = or > 2,000 mAh I am thinking about two or three 4S packs exclusivelly for the Currie with the 36V 750 watt motor because it has the variable brush controller with the pot. which can run 22 to 50V. Thanks Dan for posting. I have a few hours to kill before heading downtown so will be hooking up the 48 volt controller to the 20" build that I installed the pedal chain on last night. I might have time for a test run.

I hope if anyone finds any decent 18650 cells they can post a link. I am growing weary of searching for them. I am sure there are some out there and eventually will order them. As far as my own custom wood holders for the cells I will need a center piece and will need to start over on that but am never giving up on it. Thanks.

LC out.

Attachments

• IMG_3457.JPG
    IMG_3457.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,911
  • IMG_3458.JPG
    IMG_3458.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,911
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fSGO5v2dvA&feature=youtu.be

The motor chain is too tight I think. Tight as a banjo and robbing power. I think I can lower the motor a little for just a little slack. Also I need to look at the kick stand. The batteries seem to hold up well.

Basically of all my e bikes that is the worst one right now. All other five bikes ride better. Even the Schwill with the broken spoke.

It is something I will work on but at least the electronics are good and the front brake works.

That 10.0 - 6S Multistar is a great deal. I should try and get two before the price goes up and then worry about the 18650 cells later.

I have to head downtown now. I will definatlly appreaciate riding easy street after the thing I just rode. :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks.

LC out.

samsung.png

I will see what happens.

Doing the math the two 10.0 Multistar will run me $150 to get 44 volts @ 10 Ah

The cheap Wall-Mart cells tested on youtube would run me close to that with tax for a 44 volt 8 Ah pack.

Is it really true that the 18650 cells will last 2 to 3 times longer than LiPo ???? I find that hard to believe but if true then worth the effort to build my own packs I guess. Thanks and please post when you can.

LC out.

latecurtis said:
samsung.png

I will see what happens.

Doing the math the two 10.0 Multistar will run me $150 to get 44 volts @ 10 Ah

The cheap Wall-Mart cells tested on youtube would run me close to that with tax for a 44 volt 8 Ah pack.

Is it really true that the 18650 cells will last 2 to 3 times longer than LiPo ???? I find that hard to believe but if true then worth the effort to build my own packs I guess. Thanks and please post when you can.

LC out.
Only if you baby them like DA does. He charges them at low amp rate and uses a LARGE AH pack so they are not burnt up in a couple cycles. YES they should have a longer life than HOBBY LiPo packs. BUT that is not in stone. It all depends on how they are treated. WOW that's just like a woman. Abuse them and they are done, dead to you.

You really need at least 10ah but really more like 15/20 to have them last.

Dan

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. No pedal chain. :x

I bought two chain breakers and a chain tensioner. I spent over $20 for nothing.

I failed miserably attempting to add a couple links to the pedal chain so the motor chain would not be tighter than a banjo.

The one chain breaker broke apart and the other one I lost somehow. The chain tensioner I spent $16 for does not install. I guess it needs a deraiuler to install and I do not know how without screwing up the motor chain.

I have moved the axel up so it sits in the drop out and now the chain has some slack in it. Hopefully not tpoo much slack.

Also I am trying to get the parallel board Dan sent functional once again. I soldered bullets but it did not go well. I am going to install good crimp connecters instead with about 10 inches of wire and solder the bullets to them. I want to be able to parallel balance charge at least 4 packs togeather when I do get 18650 cells. Four 6S packs with 24 cells. four rows of six in parallel series.

Is the parallel board capable of charging 96 18650 cells ? I still need bannana plugs and will be picking up the crimp on connecters soon.
I am about to test the 20" bike out now with the 48 volt controller and the old LiPo packs in the metal cash box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEotfMdQHG0&feature=youtu.be

4/23/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td6JCgYouUs&feature=youtu.be

The bearings in the wheel were shot. It took me less than 2 hours this time to move the 60 tooth spoke sprocket to a better wheel. I am pretty much an expert on these rag tag sprockets and the bike is ready for another test run tommorow. The chain is a little too tight again but will see how it runs tommorow. Thanks.

LC out.

Attachments

• IMG_3461.JPG
    IMG_3461.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 1,816
As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. False alarm.

I ran the old LiPo packs to the grocery store Sunday night with the 24" cargo bike with the 20" 800 watt hub motor on the back. I had to do a little work on it before I left.

The piece of wood which held up the front basket where the batteries and chain and lock was was split in half. I put steel flat bar in front of the handelbars and a piece of the same dry brittle wood behind the handelbars but also added a piece of flat steel bar.

I had to do some drilling for the bolts. The wood was so I could drill a hole and zip tie the kill switch to it. I also had to spray rust convert paint on the steel bars which holds up the rear rack and basket and the hub motor which had rust on it. That is all black now.

Today when I was charging the old LiPo packs I noticed one of the cells read 2.87 volts. I thought one of the old packs was shot but saw there was a wire unhooked from one of the balance cables. I unhooked the charger and hooked up the balancer and all the cells were over 4.16 volts. I then unpluged the Y balance cables and took a reading from each of the four packs and all were around 4.18 volts + or - .02V.

When pluging the Y balance plugs back in I got a nasty spark from one and a noticable burnt mark on it. It has happened before so it did not alarm me. However I was wondering if there is a balance plug which is spark proof ? I am recharging the old packs now and took pictures to make sure all the cells are good. The picture of the balancer is the packs I just charged and the charger is the packs which are charging. The one charging was where I got the false reading on cell #1 with the other charger. It was also where the wire slid off the pin. Same cell.

I am using the 400 watt Megacharger which I never used before for LiPo, I used it to charge SLAs many times. I was happy to see it works just like the Skycharger and had no trouble getting it going for 6S LiPo. The other reason was to make sure all the cells in the packs are good. The false reading came from the Skycharger. It is the faulty balance cables. I had to put a piece of electrical tape around two of the balance plugs to keep all six wires on the little pins.

I went to Wall-Mart tonight with the 20" bike and 1,000 watt 48 volt motor and controller. It was too dark to shoot a video. Mabye tommorow. The bike is running exellent with the new rear wheel. I like riding it but not downtown. No pedal chain and twice the distance with old Lipo. Not a good idea but Wall-Mart or the grocery store is still ok for the old packs.

My second question is are there any high quality balance plugs and Y plugs which do not have wires sliding off the pins. I would rather spend a little extra money then have to worry about that all the time. I have to carefully inspect all the plugs now every time before charging. Please let me know. Thanks.

LC out.

Attachments

• IMG_3480.JPG
    IMG_3480.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 1,764
  • IMG_3468.JPG
    IMG_3468.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,764
  • IMG_3469.JPG
    IMG_3469.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,764
With balance plug properly connected ... secure wires into connector with HOT melt glue.
Not cool melt, not warm melt and not multi-temp ... HOT melt glue.

Clean 1st with alcohol.
Modest amount of glue. (so as to not melt connector ... one side, pause to cool mostly - other side)
practice 1st on old-bad-damaged connector

With balance plug properly connected ... secure wires into connector with HOT melt glue.
Not cool melt, not warm melt and not multi-temp ... HOT melt glue.

Thanks DA.

I don't have glue or a glue gun. I never used it before for anything. When I get some money I will look around at Wall Mart. It is the end of the month now and am broke as usual. I will look on you tube and see if there is a video on it. Thanks for posting DA.

I just found a brand new 6S - Y balance cable sitting in my drawer. under my 49" 4K TV. I keep odds and ends there. I hate unhooking and hooking balance plugs up in parallel for combining two packs expecially after that nasty spark I get about every other time I do it.

I will be glad when I get two new multistar 10S packs hopefully next month. I wont have to deal with that then as I will charge them seperate. I can charge them at the same time as I have the two LiPo chargers. :D Thanks for posting DA. I will look on you tube now.

LC out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_SYzKHlGVc

I found that. That could prevent the wires from falling off. I will look to see if they have a wire which prevents sparks. I did not get scared when I got the spark. I am used to LiPo. I just do not want to damage the plug as it may not work properly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AB-Clip-Balancing-Plug-Protector-6S-5pcs/282399014319?hash=item41c04afdaf:g:ph0AAOSw~AVYpDYD

I will be ordering those ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVHQp6IrtY

OK. I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4hXs2lfsj0

There is another good idea. The hot glue idea is the best but was wondering if the LiPo protecters could be put on over the hot glue before it gets hard. Togeather I would never have to worry and would have something to grip when pluging into the charger. the other plug extensions would only need the glue but the end which plugs in the charger may benifit from both the glue and protecter.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make my own pre hook up cable for combining packs. I made one for the series connection which I use every time I hook two 6S packs in series. I would just need 7-10 ohm resisters ? Or would I need a different ohm.

I plan on building it soon. I also plan on taking the 6S packs out of the cash box as I can't really see the original balance plugs coming from each pack. I can only see the extensions and Y balance plugs.

I unhooked them and tested each pack from the extensions the other day when I got the false reading on the Skycharger and all cells showed up on the balancer however I would like to hot glue each connecter coming from each pack just so I know I wont have to deal with a short or bad cell from improper balancing in the future.

This is important as a big spark can scorch a balance plug and actually has. There are black marks on at least two balance plugs that I know of. The gold ties are exellent for securing the balance leads to keep them out of harms way when runing. My ol lady saves them from the packages of Stewerts coffee. They are used to seal the bags of large Stewerts coffee and when the bag is empty are easy to remove. :)

The better option however is to replace with new shorter cables. Those long ones will work great for wiring up 18650 - 6S packs for balancing. They can be refurbished with hot glue and balance plug protecters. I did not give up on building 18650 packs. I am simply ordering two 10.0 - 6S multistars for now but will be looking for a good deal on 18650 cells in the future.

Please let me know how many ohms each resister should be and I could use crimp on connecters and put hot glue over the connecters and wires so they can't pull out or I could solder and shrink wrap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_yVzuw5Y0M

OK. That video really don't make any sense to me. I have seen videos of people puncturing LiPo with a hammer and nail and the LiPo catches on fire. I am confused. Basically that guy looks a lot like my best friend downtown I drink with once or twice a week. My friend just has longer hair and a big beard. Mabye it is his brother. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqcX1AjdxSw

That is what should have happened. Lord only knows the health hazzards from breathing that gas in. :roll: I am more scared of inhaling the smoke that anything catching on fire however have two 10.0 - 6S packs and two 8.0 - 6S packs each with a single bad cell.

I would love to remove each cell and have four 5S packs. Then order four 5S balance plugs. I can then simply shoot the four bad cells with my pellet pistol in my back yard to see which will turn into a smoke bomb and which ones won't. Obviouslly all LiPos are NOT created equel. The difference in those videos prove that. The big question is which ones are safe to puncture and which ones are not and how to tell the difference. Thanks and please let me know.

LC out.

Attachments

• IMG_3481.JPG
    IMG_3481.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 1,713
  • IMG_3482.JPG
    IMG_3482.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 1,713
spark.png

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. I am 53 years old today. I was born on this day in 1965.

I did not get a response from my last post. All I need to know is should I use 10 ohm resisters when building the pre hook up cable for the 6S balance plug so when connecting them so all my balance plugs do not look like that one in the picture as at least two of them do from hooking up the Y balance adapter when combining packs.

Please let me know. Thanks.

LC out.

Were the packs still in series (44v)? A resistor won't help. If they are that far off they should not be connected.

Dan

NO.

They are only in series when I run them.

Also the packs are not far off. All cells are within .02 volts and only a slight difference between the packs hooked in series.

The pre hookup cable for the bullets have two 10 ohm resisters in series. It works perfect when making the series connection.

The balance extensions are too long and one of the Y balance plugs has been repaired for temporary use.

I am looking to replace the balance cables with new shoter ones and am looking to make a pre hook up cable for the second pack when hooking up the balance plugs to the Y plug to prevent spark and scorched plug.

It seems to be a common issue people are having and does happen even when all the cells in both packs are close. The packs were very close within .02V the last time it happened last week.

I will build the pre hook up cable and won't need it when hooking the first pack to the Y balance cable but definatlly will need it when hooking the second pack to it.

If it does work and nobody online sells them then I could make a bunch and sell them. I am currently working on the cell holder for the 18650 cells which I might also be able to sell online as the VRUZEND solderless kit takes some time to assemble and my wood kit will be fully assembled and all that needs to be done is to slide the cells in place and tighten the screws.

The hold up is the hardwood I have been using has a tendency to split and has twice now. I will require soft pine for this and a new wood drill bit as the one I am using is dull.

Also several of the plastic caps in the kit were defective and failed to make a connection and just spun around. My wood cell holder will only be slightly larger and I can add a BMS as it is just as easy to wire as the balance plug.

Please let me know about the resisters for the balance pre hook up. Thanks.

LC out.

Attachments

• prebalance.png
    prebalance.png
    501.5 KB · Views: 1,659
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-LG-HG2-18650-3000mah-Rechargerable-Batteries-Flat-Top-For-SMOK-Mods/253525067537?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=552712858559&_trksid=p2060353.m2

http://prntscr.com/jb6xi4

Hopefully these will not be garbage like the others.

As soon as the refund posted to my account I ordered these.

I will do the same capacity test. It better be close to rated.

I will need 24 more for 48V @ 12 Ah. That will happen next week on the 3rd when I get more money.

It will still be under 200 bucks and even though I failed so far with my solderless kit I have the cheap plastic kit all ready for 2 - 6S packs and 48 cells total for 12 Ah. If those cells are still available a third pack would get me 72V @ 12 AH for the 1,800 watt 48V brushless motor and the 2,500 watt 72V brushless controller. :twisted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/48-Volt-1800-Watt-Brushless-Drive-Motor-Engine-Unit-Scooter-Bike-48V-1800W/263011093613?hash=item3d3caecc6d:g:6soAAOSwE7JaVCQW

https://www.ebay.com/itm/72V-2500W-Electric-Bicycle-Brushless-Speed-Motor-Controller-For-E-bike-Scooter/272884232039?hash=item3f892aef67:g:S3cAAOSwEzFZ3t3c

Thanks.

LC out.

4/29/18

I just saw a video on fake LG batteries exactly like the ones I ordered. The good news is even fake LG batteries are 2.100 mAh so if test over 2, 000 mAh and not close to or 3,000 mAh I will contact seller and will take half the money back to go towards 24 more from a different seller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTcLgsXsf2o

If the different seller is the real deal then I can build a small 36V pack with the 20 fake batteries and order 72 real LG batteries from the vender that is not selling the fakes. From the pictures the ones I ordered look like the real cells in the video. Also he said Amazon sells most of the fakes and e bay not as much so.

Hopefully then these are the real deal. otherwise I should have ordered the multistar. If I get fakes and real cells are more money I will have no choice but to order the Multistars. Thanks and please let me know about the pre balance hook up cable I want to build on my last post.

LC out.

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. LG cells on the way.

I checked my e mail today and they are being shipped. I should have them in a week.

As soon as they show up I will be doing a capacity test on several of the cells and if close to the 3,000 mAh rated shall order 24 more for two 6S packs.

I love my LiPo chargers however I also love the simple 42V charger which charges my 36V SONA packs to 40+ volts and all I have to do is plug it in.

I am considering ordering a BMS. I am also considering ordering 40 more of the LG cells and putting togeather a 48 volt pack and ordering a 48 volt charger which simply plugs in like my 36 volt charger does.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-Volt-2-5A-Battery-Charger-for-Electric-Car-E-bike-Scooter-With-Adaptor/322438359157?epid=697450348&hash=item4b12d2e875:g:2fYAAOSwdBZarzma

I am a little confused as to the number of cells this can charge. Is it 12 or 13 cells in series as I see a lot of BMS for 13S instead of 12S.

I may be able to get more use from the old packs and definatlly am considering at least two Multistars this summer but am looking for 12.0 or 16.0 - 6S cells to drop down in price. I have six electric bicycles and am looking to build #7 this summer so will need lots of batteries.

Also could someone please answer my question about the balance plugs ? Could a pre hook up work. Can someone please post. Thanks.

LC out.

PS.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13S-46-8V-Li-ion-Li-Po-15S-48V-Li-Fe-Battery-Intelligent-Charger-54-6V-2A-EUT/221871339795?hash=item33a88ff913:g:LKMAAOSwo4pYV4SE

OK. Now that is the charger I am looking for. The VRUZEND kit is set up for two 6S packs and do not want to mess around with it as I stated on earlier posts I was having problems with the screws coming loose and spinning around causing a bad connection.

I will keep them the way they are set up for 6S LiPo balance however am looking for a 13S BMS for 54 volts and will be building a wood holder for 13S - 54 volts which will hold 52 cells. four rows of 13 for 12 AH. It will be exclusivelly for the Haro V3 and the 1,800 watt brushless motor but only if it will work with the stock 48 volt brushless controller ? It will save me money on the controller and batteries. It will cost more for a 72 volt pack and also better for the motor.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-54-6V-13S-45A-Lithium-ion-Li-ion-Li-Po-LiPo-Polymer-Battery-BMS-PCB-System/322451014728?hash=item4b13940448:g:~IcAAOSwySlaKbxt

The price on a BMS is really not bad and then there is the wear and tear factor for balance plugs. With a BMS it is much easier to simply plug the charger in until the light turns green. :mrgreen: I know you all probably never thought i would ever want a BMS however since I have been charging the SONA with the BMS I now see the advantage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-1800W-Brushless-Motor-Controller-Throttle-Grip-F-ATV-Scooter-Quad-Bike-Buggy/253261956308?hash=item3af796c4d4:g:5OMAAOSwnsRaWzCY&vxp=mtr

or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/72V-2500W-Electric-Bicycle-Brushless-Speed-Motor-Controller-For-E-bike-Scooter/272884232039?hash=item3f892aef67:g:S3cAAOSwEzFZ3t3c

I will need to find out if a 48 volt 1,800 watt brushless controller will work at 54 volts and 2,025 watts. 1,800 watts / 48V = 37.5 * 54
If it will work then I can get 40 mph without having to go to 72 volts and the 2,500 watt controller. Please let me know.

LC out.

I've just bought some LTO cells, and when trying to explain why to a friend, I realised that they were perfect for you:

1. They cannot catch fire. (No thermal runaway, but can still start an electrical fire as can anything that can short for a few watts)
2. If you drain them to zero. nothing happens.
3. If you overcharge them slightly, nothing happens. If you way over charge them, they just burst.
4. At 15C+ rating, it's hard to over-load them. If you do, they don't take damage.

Many people don't even bother running a BMS on it. But build one with a BMS, and it's the closest thing to LC-proof as we can get?

It's not cheap, but it's cheaper than burning through another battery every few months.

You can get a 25Ah 24v pack for about $200? ($10USD per cell, 10 cells needed, but it's very expensive to ship, because it's pretty big and bulky)

My pack is 3.7kwh, with the capability to discharge at 66kw, and charge at 22kw, but you can get other packs that are a bit more conservative.

Thanks for posting Sunder and glad to hear from you.

I ordered two decent 36 volt SONA packs awhile back each rated at 4 Ah with a BMS. 20 cells per pack and have been running them with pedal assist with no issues. They charge to slightly over 40 volts on a 42 volt charger and go about 3 miles and are about 3.75 volts when I test them before recharge.

However I have 6 electric bikes now and looking to build a 48 volt pack. I ordered some cheap e bay cells which were rated at 3,000 mAh and were less than 500 tested so got a full refund after shipping them back. The company even paid the shipping.

I ordered these as soon as the money posted on the card. Then I watched a youtube video about fake LG batteries the same color but even the fakes are 21,000 mAh however most of the fakes are sold on Amazon. I will test them as soon as they show up.

If they are real I will order 40 more as I only ordered 20 as they are not really that cheap. Close to $70 for 20 cells.

I ordered the VRUZEND solderless kit and already hooked up 6S balance leads to balance charge with my 6S LiPo charger. In fact I charged up 24 of the fake cells before returing them and got over 24 volts on the meter.

I will need 48 cells to build two 6S packs that I can run is series for 48 - 44 Volts. At this point I am a little disenchanted as it is taking forever for the shipping and then will have to spend another $150 and wait another year to build this. Probably at least 30 days but seems like forever.

If these are in fact fakes I will be very angry at this point. However will attempt to get 1/2 of my money back if they are over 2,000 mAh and at least a 20% discount on the other 40 cells. If that does not happen then a full refund and will be ordering 10.0 - 6S Multistars. I guess I have little choice but to continue waiting impatiently. Thanks again Sunder and hope to hear from you again soon.

LC out.

Attachments

• LG20.png
    LG20.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,440
The batteries are fake.

Looks like I got robbed again. :cry: :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_3513.JPG
    IMG_3513.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,431
Can I ask how you know?

Even the pros have a hard time telling fakes these days: https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/104619270-can-you-identify-the-fake-lg-hg2-18650-battery

Also be a bit careful claiming fakes if you are using a standard charger to measure capacity. Most cut off fairly early, like 3.0 or 2.8v. But the end voltage is 2.5v @ 600ma on these cells, so quite often if you rely just on the default settings, you'll lose at least 30%.

Not saying you didn't get a fake. There are more fakes out there than real ones, if you're buying off places like eBay, but it just seems like you've claimed fake very fast, without explaining why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back