CHEAP NEW ORIGINAL 18650 21700 BATTERY CELLS, POUCHES AND PACKS

brumbrum said:
Acido said:
tomjasz said:
dfortal said:
Is there anyone in Toronto/Mississauga,Canada area willing to make me a complete battery pack 36v, ready to use with these sanyo cells?
thx
Lowest lifespan of the appropriate batteries available. Consider another choice or accept a shorter lifespan.He's had better cells available and I'm hoping soon...

So he gets different batteries over time?
I need something like 30q or 25r or around 15-20a discharge, were there batteries like this before on here?

Yeah, often different cells, but 30q and 25r not as yet. Highest discharge cells he's had have been 10a constant, as far as i can remember. He mY have had some sony cells of higher at some point.
Thanks I need some beefy ones for my 12s9p EMTB Trampa board
I'm hoping he gets some like those so I not end up dumping half of my paycheck on batteries :D

Acido said:
I'm hoping he gets some like those so I not end up dumping half of my paycheck on batteries :D

The Sony NC1 cells he's selling are 10A continious rated. At 12s9p that is more than 4000W continious. Are you sure you'll be using that much power on your board 😮?

SlowCo said:
Acido said:

The Sony NC1 cells he's selling are 10A continious rated. At 12s9p that is more than 4000W continious. Are you sure you'll be using that much power on your board 😮?
They would probably sag a lot...
I can not find much tests about them, so im waiting on some beefier cells

Hi All,

One happy customer here.

1. PM'd to Tumich and requested a quote
2. Received a quote
3. Paid by bank transfer
4. Received cells worth of 2k€ two weeks later

Now I have a menacing amount of cells on my table. :D

BR

Hube- said:
Hi All,

One happy customer here.

1. PM'd to Tumich and requested a quote
2. Received a quote
3. Paid by bank transfer
4. Received cells worth of 2k€ two weeks later

Now I have a menacing amount of cells on my table. :D

BR

2k euro :O thats a lot of trust to give to a user :)

I wonder how many cells that are.. Holy moly

Started working on the NCR18650A's I received. Quite a bunch of them were at 4.0V, so had to do some discharging.
While doing that, I realized the voltage sag on these cells might bring me into trouble.

I am building a 14s4p pack, that will be used for my commute. It will average at 6A = 1.5A/cell = 0.5C

At 0.5C the sag is from 4.0V to 3.3V, which seems huge to me?

During acceleration the pack will see 12-15A, so up to 1.25C.
At 1.25C the sag is from 4.0V to 3.10V.

Since the lowest LVC I can set is 3.0V, I am afraid the pack will hit LVC after only a short ride and hitting full throttle to accelerate somewhere :shock:

Looks like for a 4p pack I should have gone for real high power cells.

Was your NCR18650A's unwelded cells or new?
If unwelded they could be somewhat used and the sag you are seeing is from increased internal resistance from the ageing process.
Maximum drop at 1.5A should be 0.1V at good cells.
Are you performing the voltage drop test properly?
If you do it wrongly you measure the drop across your connections and not the battery terminals.

I bought a couple of 10s packs from Turmich about this time last year. They were less than £120 each. the packs arrived quickly, were well balanced and well packed. After a year and perhaps 75 cycles they still have excellent capacity. I would happily buy from Turmich again.

Honk said:
Was your NCR18650A's unwelded cells or new?
If unwelded they could be somewhat used and the sag you are seeing is from increased internal resistance from the ageing process.
Maximum drop at 1.5A should be 0.1V at good cells.
Are you performing the voltage drop test properly?
If you do it wrongly you measure the drop across your connections and not the battery terminals.

Unwelded, but should be unused.

All of the ones that were at 4.0V are sagging to 3.4-5-ish at 1.5A. So it's consistent, not 1 or 2 bad cells.

I'm using this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ATORCH-150W-Constant-Current-Electronic-Load-200V20A-Battery-Tester-Discharge-Capacity-Tester-meter-12V24V48V-Lead-acid/32821877897.html

I'm sorry to tell you that this way of measuring could give faulthy results.
I'm sure the amp load is correctly but this unit does not measure the cell voltage at the terminals.
It measures all sag through intermittent connections depending on battery holder spring pressure including the wire losses.
You must get a good digital voltmeter and separately apply the test probes directly onto the cell endings to measure the sag at load.
I recommend a Fluke voltmeter (you could borrow one, as they are quite expensive).

Regarding your cells it sounds like they have been used as they came charged to 4V.
All new cells I have bought so far have been charged to 3.6V factory default.

Honk said:
I'm sorry to tell you that this way of measuring could give faulthy results.
I'm sure the amp load is correctly but this unit does not measure the cell voltage at the terminals.
It measures all sag through intermittent connections depending on battery holder spring pressure including the wire losses.
You must get a good digital voltmeter and separately apply the test probes directly onto the cell endings to measure the sag at load.
I recommend a Fluke voltmeter (you could borrow one, as they are quite expensive).

Regarding your cells it sounds like they have been used as they came charged to 4V.
All new cells I have bought so far have been charged to 3.6V factory default.
No worries, I'm actually happy because it means the sag is much less than I was seeing.
I have a voltmeter and I checked if the voltage of the decharger aligns with the volt meter, which it does.
But only in passive state. When discharging, the sag displayed on the decharging device is incorrect.
Will do some more testing after fully charing cells, but looks like I was making a n00b mistake :D

So what was the correctly measured sag after full charge?

Wow, that's a great improvement from your earlier results.
0.1V @ 1.5A load is perfectly in line with expected results on good cells.
How to take a measurement makes all the difference 😊

Choices choices choices

I like the Sony US18650V from Makita packs (LiMn chemistry, 1.6Ah, 7.5Acont, 15Aburst) so I wonder if the chemistry is the same with Sony US18650V3? Anyone know?

http://www.batteryspace.com/prod-specs/9091_specification.pdf
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Sony%20US18650V3%202250mAh%20%28Green%29%20UK.html

edit - ok I hope this post is correct. V3's are LiMn!!!
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=75741&p=1143875&hilit=US18650V#p1143875

Yeah US18650-V3 is LiMn
http://www.ebikes.ca/documents/B3615_eZee_Manual_Rev1.3.pdf

Hi from Portugal , what cells brand and type are still available?
Need about 240/250 cells.

Just another happy customer!

My cells arrived in New York about 10 weeks after payment was sent. The NCR18650A cells are in great shape and had voltages between 3.5 and 4.1 with most around 3.8. Images are in the album below.

http://imgur.com/a/FQCC5sM

New models in offer. All cells have nominal voltage from now :)
New price for Sanyo GA.

I have already ordered three times (100+ cells each time) cells from Tumich, all came brand new, tested excellent, no issues whatsoever, properly unwelded. Shipping was always fast, 5 days or so to France.

Some of the latest batch comes at various voltage (3.30 to 4.10V) so a bit of balance was needed but all good :)

Just ordered another 600+ cells for a powerwall. Thank you tumich !

I've ordered 60 NCR18650s from Tumich for 150€ incl. shipping.
The parcel arrived within one week, well packaged with 62 NCR18650s in it :)
However I was a little shocked at first, the cells production date is 2Z24 -> 2012.12.24
These cells are more than 5 ½ years old, I'm not sure if that qualifies as "NEW".

But apparently that doesn't seem to matter to these cells at all, I've measured every single one of them with my Lii-500:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ogIVQwyK7hCkZIQLM_p1_Lq47Gi5RHvSYb6mjfbqgb8/edit?usp=sharing

The results are not super accurate, testing the same cell again gives varying capacity in the ~100mAh range.
Probably also has something to do with the temperature in my room being hot during the day and cold during night.
Lowest capacity measured is 3229mAh and highest capacity measured is 3388mAh, most of these got better results than my cells from 2017 which were used occasionally in 2-3A flashlights.
When the cells are full the Lii-500 measures around 37mR, but who knows how accurate this is anyways.

Most of the cells bottoms are also a little dented from pulling the nickel off of them, as a result they can't stand straight (drunk 18650s :p).
I haven't built my 12S4P pack yet (waiting for nickel, insulation, etc. from china) but I guess this was a good deal, I doubt I could've gotten high quality cells like these for 2.42€/cell anywhere else.

Back