Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

PRW said:
Swe said:
Anyone here that have a kickstand on your Beta? Or any advice what could fit?

I only found this in the Stealth topic, and the price is too high, and with shipping extreme high (more than then the kickstand itself).
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Ricochet-Off-Road-Chrome-Moly-Steel-Clamp-On-Kick-Stand-Honda-CR80-CR85-Expert-/221776556056?_mwBanner=1

I bought 2 of these, haven't actually checked if they fit yet (I am sure I can make a plan with a wood block if needs be). Will check tonight. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-Motorcycle-Clamp-On-Side-Kick-Stand/382297802357?hash=item5902b98675:g:biIAAOSwyXNaHufh
so - although I can get the Universal stand to fit on the swingarm, it is too long overall. I will need to cut it down.

at long last: the bike is finished! A couple of issues at the end that delayed things:
  • I needed to change out the 450 lb rear spring, and install a 650 lb. I just could not get the old spring off - so luckily I had another RCP-3 shock, but had to dremel down the bushings to fit. Also, rather than removing the seat bracket, I managed to cut the bolt which is inside the seat bracket about 8mm shorter - which meant I could get the 450lb shock out.
    the crank arm bolts seem to be too short - I remember someone else saying this earlier in the thread - I have ordered M12 ISIS unicycle bolts, which are longer
    the rear brakes - even though I supposedly have the correct magura adapter, I still had to space out the brakes 10mm

Riding the bike is very different to any other I have experienced - I have only gone round the block testing.The gearing is so low, I speed up quickly, then freewheel..... twist the throttle, nothing, nothing, boom! Bike wheelies a bit.... I will play with the CA voltage ramp up and see if I can get it more linear.

I think it will be great off road with the low down power. I have left the steering tube at full length, as well as slightly raised bars - I like the ability to stand off road without being all hunched over.
IMG_3080.JPG

PRW said:
at long last: the bike is finished! A couple of issues at the end that delayed things:
  • I needed to change out the 450 lb rear spring, and install a 650 lb. I just could not get the old spring off - so luckily I had another RCP-3 shock, but had to dremel down the bushings to fit. Also, rather than removing the seat bracket, I managed to cut the bolt which is inside the seat bracket about 8mm shorter - which meant I could get the 450lb shock out.
    the crank arm bolts seem to be too short - I remember someone else saying this earlier in the thread - I have ordered M12 ISIS unicycle bolts, which are longer
    the rear brakes - even though I supposedly have the correct magura adapter, I still had to space out the brakes 10mm

Riding the bike is very different to any other I have experienced - I have only gone round the block testing.The gearing is so low, I speed up quickly, then freewheel..... twist the throttle, nothing, nothing, boom! Bike wheelies a bit.... I will play with the CA voltage ramp up and see if I can get it more linear.

I think it will be great off road with the low down power. I have left the steering tube at full length, as well as slightly raised bars - I like the ability to stand off road without being all hunched over.
IMG_3080.JPG

AWESOME!!! There is so much going on here with this build, I don't even know where to began with all of my questions. Just to keep it simple, how does it perform? Looks like it would be a hill climber . Yah the soft spring will make you sit lower and screw up your fork geometry a little.

Rix said:
AWESOME!!! There is so much going on here with this build, I don't even know where to began with all of my questions. Just to keep it simple, how does it perform? Looks like it would be a hill climber . Yah the soft spring will make you sit lower and screw up your fork geometry a little.
thanks Rix - I haven't been able to test it even 30% power yet, as I am still waiting for the long M12 ISIS crank bolts. They should get here this week. The ones on there at the moment are literally handing on by a thread!

The throttle is now working out well - I reduced the throttle voltage gap between voltage in and out, and increased the voltage ramp up - so now the power is more immediate, and more linear.

PRW said:
PRW said:
I bought 2 of these, haven't actually checked if they fit yet (I am sure I can make a plan with a wood block if needs be). Will check tonight. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-Motorcycle-Clamp-On-Side-Kick-Stand/382297802357?hash=item5902b98675:g:biIAAOSwyXNaHufh
so - although I can get the Universal stand to fit on the swingarm, it is too long overall. I will need to cut it down.
Okay thanks for the info.
Maybe the Vector kickstand will work better... Because than frame and Beta should not be a huge different?

Swe said:
PRW said:
PRW said:
Okay thanks for the info.
Maybe the Vector kickstand will work better... Because than frame and Beta should not be a huge different?

from the Vector thread... " yes, you can adjust the length. Max length from swingarm to end 50cm, you can make it shorter for 5cm, and adjust the angle."

I think this will be too long for the Beta - the ebay one I linked is only about 14 inches long (arm length), and that is already too long.

How big wheel do you have PRW? Only 24 inch? I have 26 inch. Because i just measured quick in the air how 35 cm (14 inch) would be on the bike, and it did not feel super strange. But I agree 45-50cm would be too long. Would be longer than the swingarm.

Swe said:
How big wheel do you have PRW? Only 24 inch? I have 26 inch. Because i just measured quick in the air how 35 cm (14 inch) would be on the bike, and it did not feel super strange. But I agree 45-50cm would be too long. Would be longer than the swingarm.
26 inch. The stand I linked fits on the Phasor frames well, but the bottom bracket on the Phasor seems to sit higher. I will take some pictures tonight and post

looking at the Beta vs the Phasor:
IMG_3080.JPG
IMG_1773 (3).JPG

The Beta's swingarm runs straight from the middle of the bb to the centre of the wheel.
The Phasor's swingarm attaches above the bb, kicks upward, and then has a dropout that drops down to the wheel. So, the attaching point on the Phasor is much higher.

I have searched high and low for a 72v battery for my beta and can't find what I'm looking for so do any of you guys know where I might find one??The only one I know that will fit is from HPC 74v 15ah and it's $1899.00.

micah78 said:
I have searched high and low for a 72v battery for my beta and can't find what I'm looking for so do any of you guys know where I might find one??The only one I know that will fit is from HPC 74v 15ah and it's $1899.00.
Allex can do a 20s6p 30Q battery that will fit, he was cheaper than that (message him for his latest price). Otherwise, a 18S6P from China will cost less than $1000

Allex is taking a break from building and em3ev told me they can’t build a single layer 72v pack because their bms is to large for the beta frame.Any other ideas?

Lipo is a bit scary as my bikes are stored inside my house,No garage.I will study up on them and see what I think.Thanks for the offer as well.

I am about to buy a FUTR Alpha frame.
Do you guys know what the biggest battery you can fit in the alpha. I have a 20s6p atm that i wants to build bigger.

I can see someone put in a 20s10p. Is it possible to fit a 20s12p in there?

- Mpmoller

Insane! Do you have a picture by any chance Rex?
How tight is it, is it a pain to fit the wires when its 14s?

- Mpmoller

mpmoller said:
Insane! Do you have a picture by any chance Rex?
How tight is it, is it a pain to fit the wires when its 14s?

- Mpmoller

Here is a pic of Big Bore's Bomber with a 20s 14P battery. Allex was the original owner. It will be a tight fit, but Allex can build you a pack that would fit the Alpha.

Attachments

• 20S 14P.JPG
    20S 14P.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 2,366
mpmoller said:
I am about to buy a FUTR Alpha frame.
Do you guys know what the biggest battery you can fit in the alpha. I have a 20s6p atm that i wants to build bigger.

I can see someone put in a 20s10p. Is it possible to fit a 20s12p in there?

- Mpmoller

I am building a 21s11p right now for the Alpha
Dont think 21s12p would be much of a problem

getting back to the Beta kickstand discussion:
using one of these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-Motorcycle-Clamp-On-Side-Kick-Stand/382297802357?hash=item5902b98675:g:biIAAOSwyXNaHufh, which is too long, I cut it down (initially with a dremel, then bought a pipe cutter - very useful tool); bought a length of 3/4 inch pipe, and cut off a piece which fits absolutely perfectly inside; and epoxied it in place

IMG_3143.JPG
IMG_3144.JPG
IMG_3145.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG

The modification looks nice! But is the kickstand all the way up on the last picture? Looks a little like it has an angle a bit down so it is not aligned with the bike in upper position. No problem when riding in harder conditions?

Back