Qulbix 165/140 Raptor /NYX Carbon - Sabvoton/Adaptto - 20s/22s Build #5

Nice work on the drop outs! I will copy that if my own dropouts spread.

I was worried about those dropouts spreading, so made clamping stainless "spanners" to shift the leverage up the swingarm. I got a stainless 12mm thick block lazercut that press fits tight in the dropout socket, welded on a piece of flatbar with a single 8mm bolt that is not visible in the pic(behind phase wires) that transfers the torque ~8ich up the swingarm.torque arm nix.JPG
(sorry about the crap resolution :| )

For the seams I would sand the top coat off fill the seams with a carbon epoxy mix sand then respray a top coat.

file.php

eCue said:
For the seams I would sand the top coat off fill the seams with a carbon epoxy mix sand then respray a top coat.

file.php

I think they are more concerned with the misalignment issues (with the suspension etc) more than the aesthetics of the seams not matching up.. although it would be nice if it both works and looks perfect, for the price paid..

yeh, my seems also dont match perfectly, but the bike seems to be well aligned and havnt had any issues with the plastic bushings wearing.

yep that gap isnt a Problem. changed the M6 Bolts 8.8 to strongest 12.9 + filled it just with black silicon.
you cant epoxy that because you have to open minimum one side if you need new bushings.

Thanks Merlin, maybe i will try some washers and see if it stops excessive wear of bushings and movement on swing-arms

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
eCue said:

file.php

I think they are more concerned with the misalignment issues (with the suspension etc) more than the aesthetics of the seams not matching up.. although it would be nice if it both works and looks perfect, for the price paid..

The more I read about the frame the stronger it resembles knock off Chinese junk

Plastic bushings. Buyer beware

eCue said:
efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
eCue said:

file.php

The more I read about the frame the stronger it resembles knock off Chinese junk

Plastic bushings. Buyer beware
:lol:

They are made from POM sometimes called Delrin. It's self lubricating and often used in engineering.

Good to hear it is a proper material for bushings etc , I was worried for the owners wobbling down the road :)
I replaced Motorcycle bushings before do to play/ wobble being steel they were hammered out and pressed in using a vise.

Could be the Raptor uses ABC bushings as I was reading that my RM element uses plastic bushings as well.

description: ABC a self-lubricating plastic bushing injection molded from a blend of thermoplastic materials, embedded with reinforcing fibers and solid lubricant.

A RM manual instructs to lightly lube "ABC" bushings at assembly and infrequently after.

ABC Bushings https://www.igus.com/wpck/6410/plastic_bushings

iglide® plastic bushings have a low wear rate, superior chemical resistance to sintered bronze bearings, and operate quietly. They are dirt, dust, UV, and corrosion resistant and have a high load capacity.

Merlin said:
Quokka said:
Nearly ready to race you merlin. I will have to transfer to holland to meet up lol

let me know when you re there, i will transfer my bike too :D
smurphy will happy to share his garden with us *lol

not sure but this sabvoton....looks..ehh....longer?

About time we hit the woods in Belgium Merlin :)

No problem Merlin, i always carry duct tape in the backpack :lol:

Merlin said:
Not build related but iam tired of seeing only stealth chicken doing wheelies :mrgreen:

[youtube]pgsx9_oJCuA[/youtube]

Damn, now everyone can look like a hero on one wheel. :p

What a beautiful feature / mod / add on I can see this also having applications in other areas where balance is useful

I don't see any mod or Gyro in the video, I believe you just know how to wheelie well?

Back