new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og5L2b2N51Q&t=121s

There are quite a few videos on fake 18650 cells out there. expecially these. Unfortunatlly I ordered these before watching all of them.

The tops are different also.

The only good news is the fake LG cells are supposed to be around 2,000 mAh and am hoping for the best.

Right now as we speak the cell which I charged at 1S with my LiPo charger reached full or 4.2 volts and is currently at 3.79 volts on my LiPo charger and 727 mAh. If it reaches 2,000 mAh before it goes to 3.0 Volts I will then possibly keep these anyway. However only if the seller gives me at least a 20% discount on 20 more.

I really want to build two 24 volt packs for 48 - 44V so I can run that hub motor you sent me after I fix the broken spoke. It wont run on the SONA packs. I did get it to work with 3 SLAs in series but no longer own heavy SLAs.

Also I may only need to order 20 more of these if in fact they are around 2,000 mAh. Wall-Mart has 18650 cells in their solar lighting section. WESTINGHOUSE is the brand and rated at 2,000 mAh. $14.99 for 4 cells. Also there is a youtube video done for capacity on them and they passed the test. Right around 2,000 mAh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDaPzRJNAA

I also got about $40 invested in the VRUZEND kit so am already kicking myself in the ass for not simply ordering two 10.0 - 6S Multistars but I am stubbern and was curious about 18650 cells as DA is always building packs. I am one of those guys who think "well if he can do it then I should be able to also" :oops: Thanks.

LC out.

I should have a number in an hour or so. Hopefully at least 2,000 mAh. If closer to 1,500 mAh I will most likley return them.

12:53 - 5/9/18

last night around this time I took a hammer to a moniter which would not work after hooking up to four desktops and now feel like doing the same to my Skycharger. It stoped at 120 minutes and can;t figure out how to reset it for 240 minutes. I have to find the owners manual and figure it out. It has been set at 120 minutes since I started charging LiPo.

The voltage was around 3.7 volts and capacity over 900 mAh. Now I will have to recharge the cell and start over if I ever figure out how to set the charger to 240 minutes. :roll:

1:32 AM

OK. I reset it to 240 minutes and we are back on charge. My guess is between 1,500 and 2,000 mAh. If the voltage is above 3.0 and close to 2,000 mAh I will pull the plug. I really hope I dont have to return these. I would rather spend $15 at Wall-Mart and at least get one pack togeather. I need to speak to the seller. I need faster shipping. Sick of waiting all the time. Projects get frustrating when they take forever.

Attachments

• IMG_3518.JPG
    IMG_3518.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 1,537
HG2.pdf

Interesting is life cycle at 10A vs 20A discharge rate.
375 vs 175 cycle life (to 80%)
If 2p run at 40A discharge = 175 cycles x 8 miles = 1400 miles
If 4p run at 40A discharge = 375 cycles x 18 miles = 6750 miles

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. e bike workshop 5/ 9 18

3.8 volts

668 mAh

I will pull the plug at 3.3 as I do not want a cell lower than the rest. I will probably test one or two more before I decide if I want a full refund or I am getting the four pack of the Westinghouse cells tommorow.

Thanks for posting DA. However I do not fully understand what you said. I think it had something to do with the higher the capacity battery pack you use the longer it lasts.

I get that and is why I like using a lower capacity pack when going downtown and switching to a slightly higher pack coming home as it is uphill coming home.

DA. You were 100% right about pedal assist and attacking a hill and is what I do every time I go downtown and am on my way home. Easy Street my new build (29" 700c Geared freewheel hub motor) Probably the most efficient motor made or at least in the top 10%. The only thing I might change if I were to go any distance and attack steeper hills would be the same motor on the rear. I would never put a metal gear inside. I love the quiet and smooth operation. Thanks for posting DA.

5:43 Am

Maby if I live another 10 years I will be as smart as DA. I got as far as algebra2 with a little trig, I need more math but understand the concepts now. It is why I will wait until I have 48 cells around 2,000 mAh. At least I know I will make it home and can go a little faster than the 40 - 2,000 mAh cells in the SONA packs.

It is more watt hours but not by a lot. If I go as fast as it will go even with the Easy street build I can only go half as far and my battery will lose two times or close to 3 times more charge cycles. It will die a lot faster. It is why I pedal assist and why I like the brushless geared hub motor the best. The chain drives are just something I like to mess with when I am board and to keep the e bike workshop going.

3.7 volts

823 mAh

I got the 200 little connecters and a new drill bit. I will be making custom pack kits for the 18650 cells. this spring or summer.

6:43 AM

further investigations reveal what I suspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTcLgsXsf2o

I knew that might happen when I ordered them. I watched the video before ordering them and their pictures were not close enough to reveal. I just took the gamble because e bay was a better risk than Amazon. I got 2,000 mAh cells is what I am thinking according to this test in progress.

I can see I have high capacity cells. Mabye not 3,000 mAh but looks like better than 2,000 like the video says.

Definatlly not suitable for the 1,800 watt brushless motor but good for the cheap 1,000 watt 48 volt chain drine I got now and the schwinn with the 1,000 watt motor.

Attachments

• IMG_3520.JPG
    IMG_3520.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,518
  • IMG_3522.JPG
    IMG_3522.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,510
  • contact..png
    contact..png
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,501
  • capacity2.png
    capacity2.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,499
  • IMG_3525.JPG
    IMG_3525.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 1,497
I'm not convinced they are fake.

2000mah, and it's still at 3.4v? You've obviously terminated the charge at 240 mins, They're nowhere near empty. The 3000mah rating is draining to 2.5v, so you can't expect full capacity, if you're draining to 2/3rds.

I think you've bluffed him into giving you a discount, when they are genuine.

Sunder said:
I'm not convinced they are fake.

2000mah, and it's still at 3.4v? You've obviously terminated the charge at 240 mins, They're nowhere near empty. The 3000mah rating is draining to 2.5v, so you can't expect full capacity, if you're draining to 2/3rds.

I think you've bluffed him into giving you a discount, when they are genuine.

No, I don't think so. There is only around 500 mah of capacity between 3.4v and 2.5 v. The capacity falls off rapidly after 3.3 volts. Based on the LG graph, he should see about 2500 mah of capacity if he stops at 3.4 volts.

wturber said:
No, I don't think so. There is only around 500 mah of capacity between 3.4v and 2.5 v. The capacity falls off rapidly after 3.3 volts. Based on the LG graph, he should see about 2500 mah of capacity if he stops at 3.4 volts.

Remember 3.4v is the voltage under load. These hobby chargers are well known to have a lot of internal voltage sag. It would have bounced back higher once the load has been removed.

Even so - fakes that are almost as good as the real thing? Most fakes have a few hundred mah.

Sunder said:
wturber said:

Remember 3.4v is the voltage under load. These hobby chargers are well known to have a lot of internal voltage sag. It would have bounced back higher once the load has been removed.

Even so - fakes that are almost as good as the real thing? Most fakes have a few hundred mah.

The display shows no load during that measurement. So I'm assuming that the load is negligible. My iCharger matches my standalone voltmeter pretty well when charging and just measuring.

3000 mah batteries generally cost a premium. So there's money to be made by relabeling a 2000 mah battery (that may be "empty" at a higher voltage and may have a lower real max discharge rate) as a 2000 mah battery. You are also less likely to get caught since the battery will work OK. And even when caught the seller doesn't seem to be getting a heavy penalty - as he is much more likely to do with the fakes that only have a few hundred mah. These may actually be good quality LG batteries. But they probably aren't the model that the label says that they are. At least that seems likely if LC tested more than one cell and got similar results.

Butchers were putting their fingers on the scale ages ago. No reason not to be on the lookout for this when it comes to batteries.

The iCharger and models based on the same firmware show the termination voltage, not the real time one.

Doing the plain maths, LC must have been draining at 0.5A.

My iCharger is horrendeously off with 1S discharges. I had a 40ah cell report about 2ah, because once it had burned past the little energy in the 3.6v to 3.2v range, it "sagged" (charger, not battery - multimeter at terminal still reported about 3.25v).

Anyway, not worth arguing about, but I dont think LC got ripped off.

capacity2.png[aresult.png

I read your posts. I thank you both for posting. The youtube videos ; which are many reguarging these cells fake and real I watched most of them There are at least half a dozen and the up close of the top of it and the litle dots give the fakes away.

The fakes are about 66% the capacity of real genuine LG 3,000 mAh batteries. Mabye 70% but realistically about 67.5%

I am asking DA what he thinks. I think discharging lower than I did would comprimise the integerty of the cell and would put money on it DA would agree.

They are 2,000 mAh cells and the discharge rate probably 30 or 40% less than REAL LG cells.

DA. Please let me know.

The good thing is At least now we know the truth.

I need these batteries but I think I should test at least two more cells. I also think I should at least get 4 of the WESTINGHOUSE - WALL-MART cells so I can test a couple of those also and compare results.

I am sick of waiting and want a 24 cell - 6S pack built and tested. And I have the Currie e zip trails in mind. Doug just put a pedal chain on it and am looking for a way to hide the motor. :D Thanks guys for posting. ALL of you are tottally AWSOME :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og5L2b2N51Q&t=121s

More than one video shows the dots are the fake cells. That and the top prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Basically there is no standard anymore. Honest people are mostally poor. Most people who deal with supply and demand and but wholsale and sell retail are like most. In it for personal profit at all cost.

In a nutshell I am saying that Quality control is out of style and a thing of the past. Thanks.

LC out.

Attachments

• ev1.jps.png
    ev1.jps.png
    138 KB · Views: 1,445
  • proof2.jpg
    proof2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,444
  • IMG_3513.JPG
    IMG_3513.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,442
Sunder said:
The iCharger and models based on the same firmware show the termination voltage, not the real time one.

Doing the plain maths, LC must have been draining at 0.5A.

My iCharger is horrendeously off with 1S discharges. I had a 40ah cell report about 2ah, because once it had burned past the little energy in the 3.6v to 3.2v range, it "sagged" (charger, not battery - multimeter at terminal still reported about 3.25v).

Anyway, not worth arguing about, but I dont think LC got ripped off.

It is always a good idea to double-check. When I did a similar test on a pack, I used a known load (halogen lamps) and checked to see if the measured results jibes with what should have happened based on the load given.

So if single cell tests are unreliable, he probably should do a test with at least a temporarily assembled pack.

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo fire burns.

Yes , that makes sense and I will be doing that now. I am also going to test the SONA packs as I would like to know how many amp hours I use going downtown and back. It is usually greater than 3.7 volts upon return with a lot of pedal assist. I figure this is a great way to measure the efficiency of each one of my electric bikes.

Doug put a pedal chain on the little 20" bike with the old Unite 48 volt motor and a pedal chain on the Currie but has to adjust the deraiuler. Both bikes will be tested once I get a 48 volt pack up and running. I will do short runs with and without pedal assist.

The deal I got with this seller I guess is if I order 20 more cells I will get 28 in total to build my 48 volt pack. It sounds fine and dandy however there is only one problem. I am broke. :oops:

The rent was 650 and the utilities was 322 and the internet was 73 and I still need a phone card 25 and have to pay 311 to the utility company at the end of the month as still a month behind. The 322 was for last month.

I sold the PT cruiser but they still owe me 100 bucks. It is very disenchanting. It may not happen until next month and then another 3 weeks for shipping. :cry: :cry:

At least I know I can get 2,000 mAh cells at $3.50 each and about 2:91 or bacically a little less than $3 a cell if I get the 8 free cells.
I will defintally order the 20 more to get the 8 free for the two 6S - 24 cell packs. The Wall-Mart 2,000 mAh cells are more money at $3.75 a pack but am curious as to what their capacity is but am not messing with them now.

I am about to charge a couple of these fake LG cells in parallel and run another capacity test to see what I get. I will post the results.
According to my last test I should get approx. 4,000 mAh with two cells in parallel at around 3.4 volts.

latecurtis said:
At least I know I can get 2,000 mAh cells at $3.50 each ...

Sona 2000mAh cells are only $1.75 + shipping.

latecurtis said:
I am about to charge a couple of these fake LG cells in parallel and run another capacity test to see what I get. I will post the results.
According to my last test I should get approx. 4,000 mAh with two cells in parallel at around 3.4 volts.

I reckon you'll get about 2000mah.

If you put 3 in parallel, I reckon you'll get 2000mah.

If you put 10000 in parallel, I reckon you'll get 2000mah.

Why? Because the discharge didn't finish because it was empty. It finished because it hit the time limit. It's like trying to measure the size of a bucket by draining out a litre per minute, and plugging the bucket after 4 hours, and saying the bucket holds 240L, even though there's still water in it.

You actually have no idea what capacity are in each cell.

I don't understand.

When I ordered my SONA packs they were rated at 4 Ah. I ordered two packs each with 20 cells in parallel series.

Each cell would be 2,000 mAh or 2 Ah. 10 cells in series and then in parallel with 10 more in series. I did the math in my head walking to Wall-Mart tonight and came up with 36 volts * 8 Ah = 288 watt hours.

The BMS cuts off at 35 volts which is 3.5 V per cell If these packs are 4Ah each and 8 Ah total then they must produce 8 Ah or 8,000 mAh from full charge down to 3.5 volts.

Likewise I just charged two of these LG cells fake or not to full charge. 5 minutes later the voltage was 4.06V on the two cells in parallel.
Now I should see close to 4,000 mAh right around 3.4 volts. NOT 2,000 mAh.

I will try not to discharge these LG cells below 3.4 volt per cell so I can get my moneys worth. If I damage them by discharging them below 3 volts just to see if they are 2,500 mAh or above then I could damage them and have to replace them before the other cells in the pack. I am not wanting to do that.

I will post the results. If I am a little late and they discharge below 3.4 volts it should read a little more than 4,000 mAh. We will know in about two to 3 hours I would imagine. Like I said I will also test the SONA packs and will see how many mAh they are before the BMS cuts off at 3.5 volts to avoid damage to the cells.

I hope this video will clear things up. discharged from full down to 2.81 volts is 2389 mAh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7j2-1hpB3Y&t=4s

Yes, It may be possible to get over 2,500 mAh if I discharge down close to 2 volts. I doubt 3,000 mAh could ever happen though unless it was discharged below 2 volts. My charger won't do it. I tried to set it to 3.4V but is set at 3.0 volts. I am not screwing these cells up discharging that low. If they were meant to be discharged that low then why does the BMS cut out at 3.5 volts ?

I think if these cells were discharged down to 2.5 volts each time they would not even last as long as SLAs. Maby 50 cycles and then ready for recycling. What does DA think ?

Discharging HG2 from 4.20V to 3.30V should be 2600mAh.

HG2.jpg

Alright. This could be amusing to watch. Lets sre what the results are.

I am really not understanding this.

I guess I am just dumb. I am lost and probably will never understand this.

I always thought if you put two batteries in parallel that it would double the amp hours. If two 10 Ah SLAs are in parallel then it would be 20 Ah.

The same thing with those 5.0 Ah turnegy packs Dan sent. I was told to parallel them up so I could get two 10 Ah packs.

HOWEVER It appears SUNDER is right according to my Skycharger. I see very little difference so far discharging two cells in parallel than when I discharged one.

Two cells in parallel ? I will need to check the connections as that number should be about double that. I pressed the caps down tight on the cells. I just don't get it and probably never will get it.

I did notice one thing though. It could be my multimeter but the USED packs I got from DAN when balance charged to 4.2 volts went down to about 3.17 to 3.18 volts per cell about 10 minutes after the charger read FULL and I unhooked them.

These were charged the EXACT same way and were only 4.06V after unhooked from the charger. I am going to charge the LiPo packs with the Mega Charger out on the porch now and see what the multi-meter reads. That will let me know if these LG cells are holding a charge or not.

The only other thing is since the LG cells are brand new and not broke in that capacity can raise after a few recharging cycles. Then I will have a more accurate test for capacity. Also I never tested the two cells in parallel. They could have been different voltage.
I am testing all the cells now with the multimeter. The display is close to 3.5 volts and 2,000 mAh. It should be at 3,500 mAh.

Out of 18 cells all were 3.69 to 3.70V except one which is 3.40V. That is the one I did the test on last night obviouslly.
Looking back at yesterdays test from 5.54V to 3.39V capacity increased by about 70 %

Time went from 163 min. to 240 min. The next hour should tell us an interesting story. I can already tell capacity is increasing much faster than voltage is decreasing.

It makes me wonder if I was wrong or do the SONA packs really cutt off at 3.5V. Perhaphs not all 18650 cells are the same but these LG cells seem to have > 70% capacity from 3.5V to 3.0V. Is it possible the SONA packs would also have 70% greater capacity WITHOUT a BMS ? If that is the case should I run the LG batteries down to 3.3 or 3.2V or not?

I am not sure but think those LiPo alarms were pre set to 3.3 or 3.2V. I will find out. Mabye I did not waste my money on them after all.
The characteristics of LiPo are much different. They seem to have 70% of their capacity between 4.1V and 3.7V where 18650 cells are 3.5V to 3.0V. The big question is how long will 18650 cells last if run down to 3V. LiPo sure won't last that long. I proved that beyond a doubt. :oops:

I am going to listen to SUNDER this time and let it go as long as it can. Unfortunatlly the timer is set to 240 min. I am close to 3.4V and around 2,800 mAh. It should be at least 3,700 mAh with two cells in parallel. I am discharging at 1 amp as two cells should be double the capacity as one and discharged 1 at 500 mAh.

Attachments

• IMG_3528.JPG
    IMG_3528.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,376
  • IMG_3529.JPG
    IMG_3529.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,361
The time limit is stopping you getting the full capacity from the cells, thats all. You need to remove the time limit and just be awake when it finishes so you can charge them back up for safety.

IMG_3530.JPG

I do not wish to damage the cells. I am paying a lot of money and need them to last awhile.

They might be greater than. 2,500 mAh each cell but think I heard the guy on the video (see bottom pic ) who tested them say the fakes were around 2,200 - 2,000 mAh and genuine LG cells tested at 2,900 mAh ? I need to watch it again.

I did not hear him state the correct one mAh. I dreamed uo 2,900 mAh. The human brain will learn to compensate and come up with stuff. It is why I am getting more precise and double and triple checking my data. You all do realize I listened to that video BEFORE I ordered them. It is why I took the gamble.

From all information gathered my hypoth (cant spell that sorry :lol: ) is around 2,900 mAh (BRAND NEW) and 3,000+ mAh (BROKE IN0 5 to 10 charge cycles. The fakes are 2,000 (BRAND NEW) and 2,200 (BROKE IN).

I also remember watching a video on them today stating weight for Genuine LG cells to be 48 + grams. I posted the weight of these and was 43 grams approx. I think.

I don't plan on runing them that low when I can run them down to 3.3 volts and get 800 - 1,000 charge cycles or more instead of down to 3.0 V or 2.5V and only get a couple hundred charge cycles or less.

I got in some big arguments with the ol lady ordering these when we are behind over $300 on the electric bill. Actually way over $2,000 but behind on the payment agreement so that the lack of $300 could get us turned off.

Like anything if you buy more units the cost should go down for each unit. Even if they were genuine I should get 8 free since I am ordering 40 at full price. I might make another order later on this summer. If I get 8 extra when I order 40.

That is all that matters. Getting decent 18650 cells for less than $3 per cell. I am sure there are cells out there slightly better but mabye not for that price. I am charging back up. I will be charging them all soon.

The Currie has the variable controller and I want at least one 6S pack. IT may take awhile to come up with another $70 for 28 more of those. For $15 I can get 4 Wall-Mart WESTINGHOUSE cells. They are rated at 2,000 mAh per cell. I would love to test them.

I am also looking at the laptop cells I already have. (other bottom pic) Old cells can parallel up to work with new cells. Expecially with a balance charger. Two or three used cells can work if combined to be close to capacity to new cells. Thanks guys for taking an interest and posting.

LC out.

Attachments

• Untitled555.png
    Untitled555.png
    170 KB · Views: 1,314
You still fail t recognize the difference between discharge voltage and discharged voltage!
BMS LVC is typically ~3.0V!
8Ah Sona packs at 40A discharge (5C) might discharge voltage to 3.0V with a discharged voltage of 3.50V.
16Ah Sona packs at 40A discharge (2.5C) might discharge voltage to 3.0V with a discharged voltage of 3.25V.
Pack size varies:
usable capacity,
usable life cycles
Sona 2000mAh cells still at half the price of your "fake" LG!

Concerning discharged voltage, DOD is not so nearly a factor as discharge rate. Small packs = high discharge rate = short lifespan.
50% battery size = 20% battery lifespan!
See - Discharge rate damage

You still fail t recognize the difference between discharge voltage and discharged voltage!
BMS LVC is typically ~3.0V!
8Ah Sona packs at 40A discharge (5C) might discharge voltage to 3.0V with a discharged voltage of 3.50V.
16Ah Sona packs at 40A discharge (2.5C) might discharge voltage to 3.0V with a discharged voltage of 3.25V.

OK. I just rolled out of bed. Let me see if I recognize or even grasp what 2.5C and 5C means.

Fully charged SONA packs are around or slightly > 40 volts. When discharged after my 2.8 to 3 mile trip at approx. 37 V or 3.7V per cell.

8 Ah = 1C @ 8.0 amps. 40 * 8 = 320 watts. so 2C = 640 watts.

With active pedal assist I firmly believe I can achieve 10 to 15 mph at 1C or less. When I do not pedal assist 10 mph @ 1C and when I do pedal assist 15 mph at 1C.

On the way back there is a small hill I go up. I cannot calculate the grade but I pedal aggressivelly and enguage full throttle. Since the motor is 500 watts I am about 1.6C going up that hill. 1C = 480 watts.

When I get to Crane st. The street I live on there is basically no traffic at 3 AM which is about the time. I go close to full throttle for eight blocks because it is flat and I usually don't pedal assist.

For my normal 2.8 to 3 mile trip only approx. 1/2 or .5 miles do I go 1.6 C - 500 watts. The other 2.5 miles I should be traveling approx. 1C or less.

I have just noticed there is a glitch on this post. I will do a screenshot and drop into win. paint.

wturber posted something after you did DA but it is gone. I should have screenshot it before I posted. His message never showed up so wtuber if you read this can you repost it.

DA am I on the right track with the SONA packs. Like I said about the LG cells , I am not looking to damage them and the 500 watt geared hub motor only goes about 20 mph mabye. I am not sure without a speedo. but doubt it will go much over 23 mph.

Basically It should be impossible to exceed 1.6C unless I am wrong about what 1C is. Please let me know. Also when the BMS cut out that one time it was NOT from too high discharge.

Voltage was at 35V when I got back the day the pack shut down and it was due to low voltage NOT high discharge as I was only going 10 mph or less that day coming home from the doctor WITH pedal assist. It is the only time that it has ever happened and the trip was greater than 5miles. I think it is 5.5 miles round trip.

I looked at a few cheap BMSs on e bay and the cut off was 2.5 volts and one was even as low as 2.0 volts. That is why I said I might be better off with those LiPo alarms as at least should protect under 3.4V or 3.3V I think. Please let me know and also if I understand what 1C discharge is. Thanks.

LC out.

8Ah battery discharging at 40A (controller) = 5C

Averaging (effective C rate):
able to run 1 hour on battery = 1C
able to run 30 minutes on battery = 2C
able to run 20 minutes on battery = 3C
able to run 15 minutes on battery = 4C
able to run 12 minutes on battery = 5C
able to run 10 minutes on battery = 6C
able to run 8 minutes on battery = 7.5C
able to run 6 minutes on battery = 10C
able to run 5 minutes on battery = 12C

DrkAngel said:
8Ah battery discharging at 40A (controller) = 5C

Averaging (effective C rate):
able to run 1 hour on battery = 1C
able to run 30 minutes on battery = 2C
able to run 20 minutes on battery = 3C
able to run 15 minutes on battery = 4C
able to run 12 minutes on battery = 5C
able to run 10 minutes on battery = 6C
able to run 8 minutes on battery = 7.5C
able to run 6 minutes on battery = 10C
able to run 5 minutes on battery = 12C
those run times only hold true in an ideal battery with Ri=0.
(not IR tyvm).
run time does not exactly correlate inearly with C-rate in any real battery & gets progressively worse the higher you draw.
depending on cell resistance (chemistry, age, temp etc.),
would not surprise me that above 10C, run time could be off by half the ideal case.

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. Currie upgrades.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone and Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh, welcome to the post.

I had a few beers. I have been working on the Currie. The original Currie upgrade 5 years ago I paid quite a lot of money on. I paid someone way over $200 to upgrade to 36V and Bought 22Ah SLA which they installed in the triangle. I modified it for 10Ah SLA or LiPo.

after it was run a couple years and almost two years on time out. About a year ago I decided to get a 750 watt 36V gear reduction motor. I shot a video last year and had it up to 28 mph with 44V LiPo.

I decided to make some modifications last night as it is now 6:19 AM. I installed a strong rear rack as well as a strong front rack.
I originally used it to haul cargo and even scrapped metal with it with the original 450 watt gear reduction motor.

It will haul cargo once again and with 48 volts easily twice the power. However can use whatever voltage I have available with a variable controller. The ugly battery rack in the center will be removed tommorow. I am not sure if I will build a triangle rack but am thinking about a small one I can slide some 18650 packs in to or a couple of 10.0 - 6S LiPo bricks. Thanks. and please keep posting.

LC out

5/12/18 8:58 PM

The Currie is now a super cargo bike. The next step is a small to medium size triangle rack. I would like it large enough to hold 96 - 18650 cells for 48 - 44V and 20 Ah. Thanks.

LC out.

Attachments

• IMG_3535.JPG
    IMG_3535.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 1,261
  • IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 1,255
  • IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 1,255
  • IMG_3540.JPG