Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Allex said:
efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Allex said:
.. the charger you show are not longer in use by sur-ron, see:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89902&p=1358016&hilit=xlr#p1358016

Much smaller, lighter and waterproof, all electronics are potted inside and of course quality is heeaps better.

new charger looks pretty sweet.. where is it intended to be mounted on the bike, any pics of it onboard??

I guess you need to use your imagination on where to put it =)

Industrial velcro attached on top of the battery so that it would be mostly out of harms way, easily removable if desired, good airflow around it when in use and its out of the mud, water splash, etc.. I would like to see the charger better integrated into the bike in future versions.. do you think the charger will be durable enough to withstand aggressive off-road riding, jumps, bumps, big hits, etc??

Allex said:
Allex said:
.. the charger you show are not longer in use by sur-ron, see:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89902&p=1358016&hilit=xlr#p1358016

Much smaller, lighter and waterproof, all electronics are potted inside and of course quality is heeaps better.

new charger looks pretty sweet.. where is it intended to be mounted on the bike, any pics of it onboard??

I guess you need to use your imagination on where to put it =)

Industrial velcro attached on top of the battery so that it would be mostly out of harms way, easily removable if desired, good airflow around it when in use and its out of the mud, water splash, etc.. I would like to see the charger better integrated into the bike in future versions.. do you think the charger will be durable enough to withstand aggressive off-road riding, jumps, bumps, big hits, etc??

I would ride with it. It is a sturdier construction than the battery itself so I dont see why not.
In this case I would place ut under the seat and protect it somehow from the biggest mud splashes. The only part that is sensitive is the fan. You dont want it to eat dirt.

Antenor said:
Ideally booth :) but more offroad

The main use will be offroad, but for get there i have 10/15 kms of paved roads. I would like also to use to go to work now and then (15/20 kms).

For offroad i need minimun 40 kms range, ideally 50/60km (not easy)

I would prefer by in EU, because import taxes and customs coast are high for nom-EU countrys. Also E homologation would be great.

The other viable alternative is to keep electric bicycles, because at least for now, there is not a great control on the part of the police, and it is easy to reach the characteristics mentioned above and there is no concern with the homologation.

Electroncycles.co.uk will be selling Sur-ron light bee fully road legal with full registration documents by the end of June 2018 (should be mid June)..

"These have be homologated to DVLC standards similar to a 125cc motorbike. The same bike as the off road weapon with all its downhill off road capabilities but the ability to go on the roads. Imagine whizzing off to work in one of these less than 25p a charge. 45 miles and 45mph, then on the weekends, go motorcrossing down your favourite green lane. Quiet, no complaints and no fear of being nicked. The kit pushes the price up another £450, but no tax and no fuel! Maybe they don’t compete direct with a motorbike, but I love the alternative green no hassle of this mental piece of kit. Do you know we actually sank one in testing and it still kept going? Ran a two hour endurance race with a 14 stone rider and didn’t even get hot! I can tell you now, as soon as they land they will be sold and I’ll own one riding around the streets of London for sure. Just think how something so small will pass through traffic. I doubt my MT10 MC would keep up! 200mm triple crown forks for off road - says it all.
For you in Europe. If it has UK registration, it be given automatic registration in your country too!
For more details, check out the web page under “bikes” Electroncycles.co.uk"

Antenor said:
Ideally booth :) but more offroad

The main use will be offroad, but for get there i have 10/15 kms of paved roads. I would like also to use to go to work now and then (15/20 kms).

For offroad i need minimun 40 kms range, ideally 50/60km (not easy)

I would prefer by in EU, because import taxes and customs coast are high for nom-EU countrys. Also E homologation would be great.

The other viable alternative is to keep electric bicycles, because at least for now, there is not a great control on the part of the police, and it is easy to reach the characteristics mentioned above and there is no concern with the homologation.

Electroncycles.co.uk will be selling Sur-ron light bee fully road legal with full registration documents by the end of June 2018 (should be mid June)..

"These have be homologated to DVLC standards similar to a 125cc motorbike. The same bike as the off road weapon with all its downhill off road capabilities but the ability to go on the roads. Imagine whizzing off to work in one of these less than 25p a charge. 45 miles and 45mph, then on the weekends, go motorcrossing down your favourite green lane. Quiet, no complaints and no fear of being nicked. The kit pushes the price up another £450, but no tax and no fuel! Maybe they don’t compete direct with a motorbike, but I love the alternative green no hassle of this mental piece of kit. Do you know we actually sank one in testing and it still kept going? Ran a two hour endurance race with a 14 stone rider and didn’t even get hot! I can tell you now, as soon as they land they will be sold and I’ll own one riding around the streets of London for sure. Just think how something so small will pass through traffic. I doubt my MT10 MC would keep up! 200mm triple crown forks for off road - says it all.
For you in Europe. If it has UK registration, it be given automatic registration in your country too!
For more details, check out our web page under “bikes” Electroncycles.co.uk"

Well done 👍

We have had the images of the prototype for months and have been promised a sample soon to put to the Australian authorities for legality.
Hopefully we can announce a road legal version for Australia soon!

So what components did they mount to for the legal version, what healight and tail harness on the rear wheel is that?

racingame said:
So what components did they mount for the [street] legal version, what headlight and tail harness on the rear wheel is that?

the upgrade parts for street legal light bee conversion should be available from Sur-ron and their distributors soon.. check with dealers or the Sur-ron parts shop for product description, availability, and pricing (once available)..

homo-side.png

32294354_1742717842443148_4171631636443561984_n.jpg

https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=552799556962&spm=a1z10.1-b-s.w11956368-16618629596.1.ALIX8g

The front end looks good IMO but the rear I feel like it should be incorporated under the rear seat stay, or even better just design a separate sub frame/seat for on road use with plate holder and blinkers/brake lts.

yeah, that rear assembly looks terrible. Ruins the look of the bike. Wonder how many minutes on a bumpy road would break the mount or the swingarm eyelets.

Yes, for sure it would look better under the rear seat. Anyone know how much clearance there is between the rear tire and the bottom of the seat when it's fully bottomed out? Seems like it might not be too hard to relocate the tail light assembly and get rid of the fender thingy.

fechter said:
Yes, for sure it would look better under the rear seat. Anyone know how much clearance there is between the rear tire and the bottom of the seat when it's fully bottomed out? Seems like it might not be too hard to relocate the tail light assembly and get rid of the fender thingy.

I think that the rear lights would fit under the seat but maybe not the license plate especially since they can vary in size depending on ones location.. and the possibility of rear tire contact would not be considered safe for sales / distribution.. should be fairly easy for the diy user to relocate the tail light etc if desired..

There is 4" of room at full compression with the 17" wheelset, so there should be 2.5" of room with the standard wheelset. This is straight above the tire at the rear of the seat. Closer to the front there is a lot more room since the wheel is round.

fechter said:

I am sure pretty much any Tail Tidy kit from ebay will do the trick.

so much asking or begging about L1E. If you are "now" willing to pay 5000€ for a surron with:
- Half Power
- Half Size
- Less Capacity
- More Weight

...as an LMX

why i didnt know a single person on the sphere who catched 80 of the early L1E LMX birds for that same price :idea:

Absolutley yes, the surron looks fantastic. For now i never rode one. But it looks soooo tiny in videos/pics that my gf would fit perfect on it.
Anyone here is above 6.2 / 1,90m tall? would be happy to see a real man size driver on it :D

Merlin said:
so much asking or begging about L1E. If you are "now" willing to pay 5000€ for a surron with:
- Half Power
- Half Size
- Less Capacity
- More Weight

...as an LMX

why i didnt know a single person on the sphere who catched 80 of the early L1E LMX birds for that same price :idea:

Absolutley yes, the surron looks fantastic. For now i never rode one. But it looks soooo tiny in videos/pics that my gf would fit perfect on it.
Anyone here is above 6.2 / 1,90m tall? would be happy to see a real man size driver on it :D

since the LMX pre-sale is over then the point is now moot (do customers have them yet).. what is the power, battery voltage and capacity of LMX, aren't they comparable?? can LMX be easily de-restricted with two power modes and 45mph capability like Sur-ron?? seems there are some Sur-ron owners ~6ft tall that just added riser bars to fit the bike comfortably.. both are awesome bikes imo.. choices are good and even more will be coming soon..

references

6'2" Sur-ron owner :
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89902&p=1378880#p1378880

Sur-ron certification and de-restriction :
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61259&p=1379250#p1379383

since it is a kelly i dont know yet if theres something locked or simply programmable.

but you will get it only speedlimited and not power limited. 2 Modes. Eco and Power. Eco is 4Kw and Power is 8Kw(+) And its still legal simply because its 4KW continue.
they are using 16s VTC6 Sony.
Adam talks about 60/65 unlimited. So i would wonder if its not possible to open the speedlimit on demand. Maybe with losing warranty but customer Service was all time great over the years (from what i read all over internet) if you take a look what replacement parts costs it sounds cheap and absolutley fair. Beside that theres room for other Controllers or even the Motor Mount.

But as we talking here for "upgrades" to the surron...
~300$ for a CA + 300a Kelly KLS is all you need if you want more Power 10kw+ and Speed.

on facebook is an "Private" LMX Owners Group where all updates about the L1E status is + pics.

yea..presale is over. too bad. after the last holiday trip with gf in austria hills she would take also one in exchange for her raptor. =)

anyway....as you said.Sale is over and for now a 7800€ LMX is above the "limit"
i was just wondering why now 5000€ is not a Problem for a "surron" and no one (i know) jumped in that lmx deal.

maybe i can get a used one later or it happens with a L1E Surron for my gf :D

thx for the links. read that too. About the size its for sure rideable...But a Riserbar didnt do the same job as a fitting framegeometry for "adults"
9/10 ppl here riding with 15kg Rearwheels and talking about Offroad because they have an offroad tire on it and fully "equiped" with DNM "stuff" :D
....I think you know what i mean. :mrgreen:
I have a similar bike as you know but theres not a single day riding in the woods where i couldnt throw that fat ass rear wheel into a canyon.

But lets see what happend. It sounds like the L1E Surron UK dealer didnt know anything about the homologation process + getting all passed to series production i didnt see that this year.

i dont know yet what iam going for. KTMs E-Freeride is slighty used to have for the same price as a surron L1E.
Maybe i give the LMX to my gf and jump on a Freeride. I met a guy lately and we could compare our 6000€ bikes. i was impressed about what you get for this money. Youtube is full of E-Freeride Videos. Iam watching since 2 years about them and asking myself all the time watching my "selfbuild" why i didnt switch. With an Freeride Bike you have no limits at all. This Bike takes all. But cruising "Hub-Silent" with my dogs to the woods or city its not possible with a freeride......man that sucks writing and reading my shit and no idea which way to go xD

after Arturs "comparing videos" i think he is out making a surron homologated. All hope is now in the UK ;D

Merlin said:
- Half Power
- Half Size
- Less Capacity
- More Weight

...as an LMX

In Australia “ a real man “ fits riser bars and a 26” front wheel (or larger) “ and goes riding.
We have had the Sur-ron for 6 months and we love it.
Others can keep discussions going and suggestion flowing we have many
“ real men “ out riding and not complaining.....

pretty sure they are not complaining...... -for what it is-

If you switch to 26" or larger you change also geometry. More weight in the back. Rear Suspension update?(harder spring)
Dont know if you glitch of the seat when you have 22" wheels in your fork?! :p

But maybe bigger Wheels are Possible also on the Rear? i dont know what space the swingarm has left for bigger(taller) tires.

as i said...for what it is. if i could buy that thing for 3 grand i would do exactly what you say: a bit bigger frontwheel, riser bar and go riding in the bush...

but iam from europe and in aussiedollars we talking about 8000AUD for this bike and we havent any bush here. only a guarantee that you will frocked on first day from police riding an illegal bike. Heres no dealer i could visit for a testride and if you want to commute to a riding location or to work the "knee angle" for bigger riders sitting all time on the seat could be not that nice.

its not a complain to the bike. its a try to find any information.

if i would sell my nyx and you would be interessted. i Say its wonderfull and very sporty to ride offroad...yea man iam a monster and very hard offroad god.(its a joke!)
you take it....and on the 1st or 2nd ride you dont like the suspension, brakes, low speed torque and whatsoever you would be dissapointed.

am i right? i think so. If i say: ahhhw cmon lets buy one and check it out...i could do...but if it does not fit my needs try to sell and "unlicensed" Bike with footpegs in germany.

Iam happy you have this option since 6 Months. But we have alot guys here that have the finger on the trigger buying without even seeing this bike in real. Everything helps. Maybe its boring for you when ppl talking about stuff they never saw real. but thats all we can do.

If the bike would be "larger" ...
The middle between a CRF450 and a Surron.
3Kg more weight to be realistic about larger frame. Same Price, same Power, same all...

who wants to buy the smaller one?

for what it is....not more or less. :wink:

considering the bike was designed in china were ppl are not on average 6ft tall, i think the bike is a good size.. many ppl can not fit on 450cc dirt bikes because of the really tall seat height, especially for on road use with stop and go where one would want to easily put a foot (or both) down.. i personally would not want light bee to be bigger and heavier (because I'm not tall and wouldn't want the extra weight) but I wouldn't mind another model in addition to light bee that is bigger for those that are tall .. new distributors are signing up to sell Sur-ron so maybe there will be a dealer in germany soon (if not Artur then someone else will).. if someone really wanted to test ride Sur-ron before purchase then maybe take a trip to the nearest dealer.. or if it doesn't fit you well or you don't like it then I'm sure it would be easy to resell..

growing list of Sur-ron dealers in europe :
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=90196&p=1379423#p1361231

Merlin said:

I am 6'2" and think its about perfect size with 3" riser handle bars on it. I wouldn't change a thing (as far as fit goes).

How tall are you?

Oh man not the size talk again.
If you want big go with KTM.
If you want a small one that you could lift inside your car trunk, go for sur-ron.

Oh and we are working on documents for the 45km/h version of the bike and it will be imported to EU by https://ridesurron.com/

"These have be homologated to DVLC standards similar to a 125cc motorbike. The same bike as the off road weapon with all its downhill off road capabilities but the ability to go on the roads. Imagine whizzing off to work in one of these less than 25p a charge. 45 miles and 45mph, then on the weekends, go motorcrossing down your favourite green lane.

Any vehicle equipped with a bicycle braking system and other bicycle components (as fork and such things) will NEVER BE homologated like a 125cc bike. The only thing it can be is L1E or the so called moped with 45kmh speed limit. Than there will be a difference if the bike is for 1-person or if it is a two - seater.
I know what i am talking about as i went trough this process making my own bike road registered.
Just to put things right.
It is good to see that more and more are working to get those high power e-bikes legal and registered. Thumbs up for that :)

Merlin said:
i dont know yet what iam going for. KTMs E-Freeride is slighty used to have for the same price as a surron L1E.
Maybe i give the LMX to my gf and jump on a Freeride. I met a guy lately and we could compare our 6000€ bikes. i was impressed about what you get for this money. Youtube is full of E-Freeride Videos. Iam watching since 2 years about them and asking myself all the time watching my "selfbuild" why i didnt switch. With an Freeride Bike you have no limits at all. This Bike takes all. But cruising "Hub-Silent" with my dogs to the woods or city its not possible with a freeride......man that sucks writing and reading my shit and no idea which way to go xD
Comparing the KTM Freeride with the Surron isn't really apples to apples.
just make a Pro and Cons list:

modyfying parts (battery, controller) Surron: YES, KTM: NO -> ask yourself if you just want to ride the bike, or if you like to modify things over time, or do some improvements on the electrical components by yourself.
weight: KTM has twice the weight. Is this a problem or not?

I never have sit on a Surron, but from other bikes i know that if someone is riding with a frame that is a bit too small, it isn't such a big issue as the other way round if a smaller person is riding with a frame that is to large.
You could compare the dimensions / geometry of the surron with your bikes if you havn't done this yet.
I did so with one Qulbix 76R which i am curretly building and also my own build (the votec street bike) which has a medium size frame, and all three bikes are within a few percent identical. So you could try out a Q76R. If it fits to your size and you feel comfortable riding it, than the Surron should be comfortable too.

after Arturs "comparing videos" i think he is out making a surron homologated. All hope is now in the UK ;D
He doesn't sell Surrons from what i know and wants to sell his own bikes. It's clear that he doesn't speak that good about it.
Than RAW power isn't everything. For myself quality counts at least for the same part, and thats where the Surron really shines regarding all the owner reports. The battery is build very well and all components seem to be waterproof. The structual strength and materials of the Surron seem to be top so it should last a very long time, while for the other mentioned brand it is very questionable.

I was trying to get bikes sent to Austria for Madin88, but on the 13th April i was told that for Austria, Germany and Switzerland a deal had been done for exclusivity with a "big" player.

I would have expected an announcement by now, maybe they are only selling the EU moped version.

Aebrennan said:
I was trying to get bikes sent to Austria for Madin88, but on the 13th April i was told that for Austria, Germany and Switzerland a deal had been done for exclusivity with a "big" player.
Thank you again for your help Aebrennan!
Af first the company told me they will ship some bikes to me, but than not. They mentioned the name of the Austrian dealer is called "KSR Group" and they are no more allowed to sell bikes to other people living in this area.

Can we put together a list of companies selling the bikes. There is Luna. There is www.ridesurron.com. There is adam in australia http://aebikes.com.au/ I don't know if Allex or Artur or Hyena?

Back