Best 52V Charger?

I don't think I would spend more than what the Meanwell costs, but it is interesting to know what is on the market. It seems that there is a gap between the low-cost chargers and the Satiator. I just ordered a Meanwell and will set up a voltage/current monitor to go with it. It should not be very hard to add charge cut-off to the voltage/current add-on box either.

Meanwell probably does fairly high volume, but in theory one could produce something similar with voltage/current readout and charge control for the ebike market for < $150-$200 USD retail price I would expect.

It seems that there is a gap between the low-cost chargers and the Satiator.
The Mean Well HLG series covers that range nicely.
I just ordered a Meanwell... ...It should not be very hard to add charge cut-off to the voltage/current add-on box either.
It is built into the HLG, once the set top charge is reached, the Current has attenuated to Milliamps. At that point a soft switching sound can be heard, but it will sit there w/out either trying to add, nor placing a drain on the battery.
Meanwell probably does fairly high volume, but in theory one could produce something similar with voltage/current readout and charge control...
The mini Amp/Volt meter is avail. from Ebay for less than $10. The needed AC cable, well, almost everyone would have one of those laying around and since various battery packs use a different connector, there isn't one style of charge lead that fits all anyway. So the cost of these add-ons should be less than $20 and takes, maybe, an half an hr. to do.
My HLG's have probably been the best investment I have made in Ebike accessories.
SAM_1219.JPG

flippy said:
why spend more then what the meanwell costs and probably get a lower quality product?

No, I wouldn't spend $300 on something that's not as robust as the Meanwell, am just wondering what is on the market. I'm surprised at how wimpy the chargers appear even for BionX and other production bikes/systems (at least the few that I've seen).

Back