kt-lcd3 faulty

degzie

100 µW
i have a fault with remote switch, it was ok till one day when i was using the bike.
i could power the display on but the power assist was not advancing up, i pressed the up button several times then i pressed the on button and it went up through the levels.
then i tried the down button and it would not go down.
i tried a few times powering on and off, removing battery and still the same fault.
so i decided to disconnect it from the bike and disassemble the remote switch and lcd, i found that the green wire in the remote switch was broken so i stripped back the wires and re-solder to the switch.
now when i try to power it on the lcd does not stay on, if i keep the middle button pressed it stays on but no battery level, battery is fully charged.

derek

would you like pictures of the circuit board and switch or the lcd powered up.
cheers
derek

this is the rear of the lcd3, the green wire number 9 which was broken at the remote buttons
resize 1.jpg

remote buttons
resize 2.jpg

derek

What's with the yellow wire on the left side? looks broken.

Also if you have a voltmeter try checking the connectors on the controllers and see if you have the same voltages on the on the wires on the pcb.

If you can't find a fault, then you might have to buy a new replacement LCD.

You can have them for about 30 to 50 Dollars

hi
i did buy a new lcd3 and fitted it all working ok now.
on the old lcd i done continuity checks on all the wires, even stripped back and re-soldered but no look.

cheers
derek

Back