Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

motomoto said:
Can we put together a list of companies selling the bikes. There is Luna. There is www.ridesurron.com. There is adam in australia http://aebikes.com.au/ I don't know if Allex or Artur or Hyena?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=90196&p=1379423#p1361231

ridesurron is Allex
Artur is out and KSR Group is now the dealer for germany, austria and switzerland..
I think Hyena is out for right now (get well soon:)

Can I ask why they are trying to homologate it as a motoped for 45km/h instead of a 125cc motorcycle? That way you can use it both 73km/h (default speed) or increased speed coming from the 8KW ASI controller.

Aebrennan said:
I was trying to get bikes sent to Austria for Madin88, but on the 13th April i was told that for Austria, Germany and Switzerland a deal had been done for exclusivity with a "big" player.

I would have expected an announcement by now, maybe they are only selling the EU moped version.

I got told the same thing, that at the moment we speak there are only 2 official distributors: LunaCycle for USA and an unknown German company which I didn't get the name tho. I asked what was the MOQ for becoming official distributor and they told me you must be able to sell at least 900 bikes per year. Still I'm very curious to know who is this "big" player in EU since I'd like to contact him.

Also, on their site they claim they have sold over 5000 bikes since they started their activity in 2014, and I really do wonder who sold that many, since I haven't seen that much speaking about this bike nor people going around with it, and 5k is actually not a small number.

racingame said:
Also, on their site they claim they have sold over 5000 bikes since they started their activity in 2014, and I really do wonder who sold that many, since I haven't seen that much speaking about this bike nor people going around with it, and 5k is actually not a small number.

The biggest ebike market in the world is China.

racingame said:
Can I ask why they are trying to homologate it as a motoped for 45km/h instead of a 125cc motorcycle? That way you can use it both 73km/h (default speed) or increased speed coming from the 8KW ASI controller.

probably because its easier to do, less expensive, and lighter weight components.. one must crawl before you can walk, before you can run.. and the longest journey begins with a single step.. motorcycle certification would likely require motorcycle brakes, suspension, etc (adding more weight and expense).. and more intensive testing.. at least the bike can be easily derestricted to unlock full power (for off-road use)..

racingame said:
Aebrennan said:
I was trying to get bikes sent to Austria for Madin88, but on the 13th April i was told that for Austria, Germany and Switzerland a deal had been done for exclusivity with a "big" player.

I would have expected an announcement by now, maybe they are only selling the EU moped version.

I got told the same thing, that at the moment we speak there are only 2 official distributors: LunaCycle for USA and an unknown German company which I didn't get the name tho. I asked what was the MOQ for becoming official distributor and they told me you must be able to sell at least 900 bikes per year. Still I'm very curious to know who is this "big" player in EU since I'd like to contact him.

They sell to all kind of countries, Russia and even Cambodia is on the list!

any more info on the Cambodia Sur-ron dealership?? I didn't find it yet with my giggle or phasebook searches, do you have a name of the shop??. I saw Sur-ron france pop up recently and added it to the list.. still looking for spain and south America dealers..

racingame said:

My guess it all comes down to costs. Seems the homologation process is easier and cheaper for moped 45 km/h then 125 cc known as A1 in EU.

A1 would make all kind of sense, in reality you would buy a bike without any limitations. Neither speed or power. A1 does have a power limitations, but as that class was defined back in the ICE only days rules states 11 kw max continuous output power. Here lies the great bonus for electric. What is really continuous power? If you get 30 or even 40 kw peak power you can still be well within the laws and regulations of maximum 11 kw continuous output power.

Drawback for some buyers could be that in order to legally ride an A1 registered motorcyle they might need to upgrade their license. Moped 45 km/h everyone with a car license or moped license can drive, or even farmers truck license, snowmobile or whatever license. A bike classified as A1 you need at least A1 stamped on the back of your license. Class B (car) will not be enough.

But as long as they would state classified as A1 everyone would now of it before hand and could take that into consideration. Those who buy a A1 e-bike will never get into any kind of legal problems in regards of output power or for riding on the highway.

racingame said:
Aebrennan said:

I think the quote is " we have orders for 5000 units in 2018"
This is clever marketing to encourage others to agree to exclusive dealerships committing to a set number of bikes. It also helps in meetings with the investors when showing graphs and charts.

I can confirm that in December the chassis numbers were around 200, then in march 1200. Next shipment arrives in a few weeks so we will see how this has changed.

Aebrennan said:
This is clever marketing to encourage others to agree to exclusive dealerships committing to a set number of bikes. It also helps in meetings with the investors when showing graphs and charts.

I can confirm that in December the chassis numbers were around 200, then in march 1200. Next shipment arrives in a few weeks so we will see how this has changed.

Can I ask you how many bikes have you sold so far? I think AU/NZ and USA people are more enthusiastic about this kind of vehicle compared to us EU people, at least from my experience and from what I've seen on YT and on forums, the Light Bee is so much more popular in those countries, probably because they really like pure off-road experience.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
any more info on the Cambodia Sur-ron dealership?? I didn't find it yet with my giggle or phasebook searches, do you have a name of the shop??. I saw Sur-ron france pop up recently and added it to the list.. still looking for spain and south America dealers..
Sorry no,
Here are some pictures against Futr Beta, same wheel base!
IMG_4630.jpg
IMG_4642.jpg
IMG_4647.jpg

Also did a test climbing 30° incline with lots of roots under the loose leafs and branches thick like arms, it was eating all of that.
DSC09814.JPG
IMG_4652.jpg

[youtube]ySQZXUsIqJ8[/youtube]

And swapped out the stock RST to a Manitou Dorado Pro
IMG_46241.jpg
IMG_4625 kopia.jpg

[youtube]WveYlwFSoK0[/youtube]

Nice fork upgrade Allex 8)
I have swapped out a 380CR also for a Dorado Pro and i love it. The great thing about the Dorado (or USD forks generally) is they are self lubricating from the inside oil bath so they don't need much maintainance.

Did you notice any higher flex in the front wheel?
Many say that it isn't that stiff, but i did not notice anything that i would bother me.

Yeah for sure, the feel of USD is different and they indeed flex more, the bike feels a bit more wobbly in comparison.
Its easy to test, just lock up your front wheel with your legs and then try to push handlebars in one direction, usually you have more flex with USD forks doing so.
But the improved, butter smooth riding compensates for the bad part =) its amazing how much faster I can ride over things without noticing the rough terrain with my hands with this fork!
There was no detectable stiction and the whole way through the fork just eats up chunky terrain like it is not even there. This is one of the areas it leaves other forks looking feeble.

That Dorado fork is so sexy, i wish i sacked up the money for that fork when i bought the DNM

racingame said:
Aebrennan said:

Can I ask you how many bikes have you sold so far? I think AU/NZ and USA people are more enthusiastic about this kind of vehicle compared to us EU people, at least from my experience and from what I've seen on YT and on forums, the Light Bee is so much more popular in those countries, probably because they really like pure off-road experience.

We are up to 40 bikes now in 6 months.
We have had 3 orders from NZ, 2 from the UK and the rest all over Australia.
We have had over 200 enquires so the sales are not amazing but this is still a limited use dirtbike here.
Many people here are off-roaders we do not have the large interest for electric bicycles as EU or USA does.
I would bet most Stealth bikes built here head overseas, but this is to do with price.
A Stealth bomber is $10500 or A Light Bee $4950 or a Jap MX 450 $9000

Nice video clips Allex. Impressive with what looks like the stock 48T sprocket. I just got my 52T sprocket from Moto Moto and will be putting it on shortly. Its a beautiful piece of jewelry to say the least.

Allex said:
Yeah for sure, the feel of USD is different and they indeed flex more, the bike feels a bit more wobbly in comparison.
Its easy to test, just lock up your front wheel with your legs and then try to push handlebars in one direction, usually you have more flex with USD forks doing so.
But the improved, butter smooth riding compensates for the bad part =) its amazing how much faster I can ride over things without noticing the rough terrain with my hands with this fork!
There was no detectable stiction and the whole way through the fork just eats up chunky terrain like it is not even there. This is one of the areas it leaves other forks looking feeble.

Nice choice of fork Allex. Dorados are so nice and smooth, i have them on my nyx bike, they make other forks feel wooden. They only down fall that most new users experience are leaking seals (me included). Keep an eye on the bottom of the right leg for oil seeping down from the main seal.

SUR-RON Light Bee Style transformation KITS will be soon available at EVE BIKES (Sur-ron France) ..

32657536_587427718291494_2110725513994567680_o.jpg

32804452_587427741624825_257970845492707328_o.jpg

32701878_587427711624828_785435907963486208_o.jpg

light-bee-bobber-608x312.jpg

light-bee-dirtbike-608x369.jpg

sur-ron-light-bee-trail-608x312.jpg

https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e-motorcycle-news/sur-ron-light-bee-homologated-version-in-europe/

https://www.eve.bike
https://facebook.com/SurRon.bike/

brumbrum said:
Can anyone recommend a noise reducing chain oil/wax/lube thats not too messy?

I use this stuff and like it. I have noticed a slight reduction in drive train noise when recently applied. Its a paraffin based wax lube.
http://www.maximausa.com/product/chain-wax/

Rix said:
brumbrum said:
Can anyone recommend a noise reducing chain oil/wax/lube thats not too messy?

I use this stuff and like it. I have noticed a slight reduction in drive train noise when recently applied. Its a paraffin based wax lube.
http://www.maximausa.com/product/chain-wax/

macribs said:
SUR-RON Light Bee Style transformation KITS will be soon available at EVE BIKES (Sur-ron France) ..

Sweet.

Sur Ron Light Bee is homologated in the L1e category of electric vehicles in European Union!

Sweet!

of course this bit of add on kit from Eve Bikes is my favorite:)
sur-ron-light-bee-trail-608x312.jpg

:mrgreen:

That is cool

32657536_587427718291494_2110725513994567680_o.jpg

I really like this cafe kit. I'm hoping Luna brings out a street legal version (with federally required lights that can be registered) in the US before the end of the year.

Back