Will the BBSHD 1000W fit my bike?

michielk

100 mW
Hello,

Introduction
I build my first city non-suspension ebike last month with a Crystalyte 4065 rear hub motor and I'm in love. So much so, that I want to build a second off-road bike just for fun. Before having really thought this through, I bought a used freeride bike (similar to a downhill). Now I came to the conclusion that a hub motor like the 4065 won't fit the bike (different mounting). I didn't really consider a mid-motor solution before, but now I am.

Question
Will the Bafang BBSHD 1000W fit my bike?
Bike is a 2016 Lapierre Froggy 26 and according to the specs it has a RACE FACE BSA 73mm bottom bracket and a RACE FACE CHESTER 36T 165mm crankset with a E13 LG1 ISCG05 chain system to keep the chain on the front gear.

Own thoughts
From what I was able to find a BSA type bottom bracket seems to be a match. The length 73mm is also a standard length. The bike has a lot of ground clearance, so if I don't slam it too hard this should allow plenty of room for the motor. What else do I need to check/measure before ordering a BBSHD 1000Watt kit?

Or there any other motors (that I can get in Europe) that I should check?
Can I just fit the existing 36T crankset and keep the chain system? Will it still line up?

Thanks so much,
kind regards, Michiel.

Here you can find some pictures to my bike, specifically the bracket and bottom.
https://imgur.com/a/KI4tuf9

The bracket width is 73mm, should I then choose a BBSHD size 68(-73) or (73-)100mm?
I reckon I may need to add a spacer to clear the swingarm.

thanks, kind regards, Michiel.

Back