Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

skyungjae said:
efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
SUR-RON Light Bee Style transformation KITS will be soon available at EVE BIKES (Sur-ron France) ..

32657536_587427718291494_2110725513994567680_o.jpg

I really like this cafe kit. I'm hoping Luna brings out a street legal version (with federally required lights that can be registered) in the US before the end of the year.

Me too; has anyone asked Luna if they are trying to provide them with these features and VIN #'s?

I do like the old skool cafe racer look, but I got to say the modern look was not bad either. Really nice to see all the people dedicated to making the sur ron even better. I like the way this sur ron movement is heading. And it seems that the company itself lends it ears to customers needs, which is almost rare from a Chinese company.

Seems last fall sur ron was not willing to give out COC paperwork to get bike homologated. All the sudden it is in place without the need for dealer to front big money or worse take on the registration process by themselves. Reading between the lines I think maybe this was what caused Artur to drop Sur Ron even tough it looked like a sure thing late last year. Anyway happy to see things moving forward.

OOUWrBf.jpg

2old said:
Me too; has anyone asked Luna if they are trying to provide them with these features and VIN #'s?

I have not inquired about these features - but I did inquire about obtaining a Certificate of Origin so that I may register it as an OHV. In the state of Idaho, I think that would be all that is needed.

But they had absolutely no interest in helping me obtain a Certificate of Origin. They said if I want a Certificate of Origin that I would have to get it directly from Sur-Ron. I asked that since my email to the general Sur-Ron email address was ignored if they could put me in touch with someone since they must have a contact. Gary said that only Eric has a contact and asked him directly "to which he replied we want nothing to do with it".

They didn't come out and say it, but the reason appears to be liability paranoia. After I suggested that, Gary seemed to concur.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
macribs said:
SUR-RON Light Bee Style transformation KITS will be soon available at EVE BIKES (Sur-ron France) ..

Sweet.

Sur Ron Light Bee is homologated in the L1e category of electric vehicles in European Union!

Sweet!

of course this bit of add on kit from Eve Bikes is my favorite:)
sur-ron-light-bee-trail-608x312.jpg

:mrgreen:

I dig the fat wheel in the back, and looks like it has a rear derailleur depicted?

But, maybe I am not understanding where the seat is, but it looks like my knees would be up to my face.

3DTOPO said:
I dig the fat wheel in the back, and looks like it has a rear derailleur depicted?

But, maybe I am not understanding where the seat is, but it looks like my knees would be up to my face.

I can't see any derailuer in that pic.

Yeah no seat. That one is a trail bike. You know those that ride insane obstacle courses at very slow speed, jumping almost vertical up from standstill, balancing on logs, concrete slabs, etc. Those bikes are meant to be ridden standing up for best possible balance.

macribs said:
3DTOPO said:

I don't see a derailuer either, but it really looks like there is a cassette back there. Could be wrong; the image is pretty low res.

macribs said:
Yeah no seat. That one is a trail bike. You know those that ride insane obstacle courses at very slow speed, jumping almost vertical up from standstill, balancing on logs, concrete slabs, etc. Those bikes are meant to be ridden standing up for best possible balance.

Gotcha; thanks.

3DTOPO said:
macribs said:
3DTOPO said:

I don't see a derailuer either, but it really looks like there is a cassette back there. Could be wrong; the image is pretty low res.

macribs said:

Gotcha; thanks.

the Sur-ron trial bike version (photoshop) has the drive chain and rear brake rotor flipped on the wrong sides of the swingarm (because of the jack shaft and left hand drive motor output) the drive (secondary) chain should be on the bike right side, and rear brake rotor on the left side .. so that is the rear brake rotor that you see in the facsimile image.. trials riding is stand up, no seat.. but you can put a (low) easily removable seat, usually for resting (between obstacle sections) while waiting your turn in the queue, not riding .. the reason its pictured with rotor and chain flipped is because trial bikes normally have chain on left and rotor on the right ..

macribs said:
I do like the old skool cafe racer look, but I got to say the modern look was not bad either. Really nice to see all the people dedicated to making the sur ron even better. I like the way this sur ron movement is heading. And it seems that the company itself lends it ears to customers needs, which is almost rare from a Chinese company.

Seems last fall sur ron was not willing to give out COC paperwork to get bike homologated. All the sudden it is in place without the need for dealer to front big money or worse take on the registration process by themselves. Reading between the lines I think maybe this was what caused Artur to drop Sur Ron even tough it looked like a sure thing late last year. Anyway happy to see things moving forward.

OOUWrBf.jpg

if you read through the article I posted from evnerds, in an interview with Eve bikes (Sur-ron france) its described how eve bikes formed a business relationship with Sur-ron and had a large part to do with getting Sur-ron homologated for the european market.. otherwise we might still be waiting for that to happen .. THANK YOU EVE BIKES!! https://www.eve.bike

Hello guys,

My sur ron arrived today, when i was going to do my test run with the bike it only reaches up to 11km/h.

Anyone knows what the problem can be?

johnrobholmes said:
Probably needs to be charged. Charge it up before you go on joy rides.

Its charged to 100%.

So it needs to be something else.

I have read the manual and i think maby there is some problem with the speed central controller.

fasjohnny said:
johnrobholmes said:
Probably needs to be charged. Charge it up before you go on joy rides.

Its charged to 100%.

So it needs to be something else.

I have read the manual and i think maby there is some problem with the speed central controller.

Go to aebikes.com.au and under download see the documentation for the speed limiter is available. Check whether this applies to your bike.

Allex said:
Maybe you have the limiter cut? the green wire on the battery signal connector.

I think JRholmes youtube video talks about this wire and shows it in the vid

skeetab5780 said:
Allex said:

I think JRholmes youtube video talks about this wire and shows it in the vid

FYI We sourced the speed limiter information from Sur-ron for John Rob Holmes
Aebikes were the first international Sur-ron dealer in December 2017.

Guys, need you advise, please.
What kind of tool do I need to work and tuning rear shock absorber FastAce
http://www.fastace.com/pro.php?m=d&pid=79

What size of tool and what is a name?

Uran93 said:
Guys, need you advise, please.
What kind of tool do I need to work and tuning rear shock absorber FastAce
http://www.fastace.com/pro.php?m=d&pid=79

What size of tool and what is a name?

check with your local bike or moto shop for an "adjustable spanner wrench" for turning the shock collar to adjust the coil spring preload.. if you apply some spray lube to the shock body threads you can often just rotate the coil spring by hand and the shock collar will often rotate with it so that you may not need the tool.. if that doesn't work for you try something like this :
img_4333.jpg

https://www.flyinmiata.com/adjustable-spanner-wrench.html

Allex said:

Simple as that.

It was the limiter that was cut. Why i dident understand that was becouse i heard that the bike shuld run at 25km/h.

Mine was running at 11km/h, but when i connected the green wires it runs up to 70kmh. :lol:

Im super happy and the quality of this bike is just amazing.

Allex said:
[youtube]ySQZXUsIqJ8[/youtube]

Just to show you guys what this hill is about, I made a clip with other hub motorised bikes for comparison, maybe its easier to see how tough it is for a hub motor in this particular terrain. I was actually a bit surprised that they did not handle it...
It also shows how much effective the sur-ron is with its setup, kinda blown away how good it is :mrgreen:

[youtube]r39lqNSmcio[/youtube]

Anyone know of a suitable charger for the Fire Fly that will run direct off 12-volts? Thinking it would be nice to get a couple of 200-watt panels to charge it up off of. I guess the included charger draws around 1100-watts, but I would be content with slower charging off the sun...

Allex said:
Allex said:
[youtube]ySQZXUsIqJ8[/youtube]

Just to show you guys what this hill is about, I made a clip with other hub motorised bikes for comparison, maybe its easier to see how tough it is for a hub motor in this particular terrain. I was actually a bit surprised that they did not handle it...
It also shows how much effective the sur-ron is with its setup, kinda blown away how good it is :mrgreen:

Pitifully set up hubbie power ebikes if they couldn't make that climb with that load. When are people going to learn to use proper wheel diameters with hubbies? Apparently only the Chinese, which is why scooters dominate the market with DD hubbies.

Allex said:

I am not sure if you tested that hill searching for a true unbiased answer or if you tested that hill knowing how the outcome would be?

You test vehicle got a big hubbie, with more then enough power but paired with mid level controller. Then you start the from standstill at the very bottom of the hill rather then rolling start. If this video was posted by a random guy I wouldn't have given it any thoughts. But I know you have vast experience riding hub motors, powerful ones as well. You should know better. If you done that test with a rolling start the outcome might have been totally opposite of the result you got. Or if tested with max-e and rolling start. The hubmotor in the video was put in to test in about the worst conditions for a hub. Zero start speed in a steep incline.

For the motor to perform in such a stage it require huge amount of ampere which will produce heat as a byproduct. A rolling start likely would have effected the heating of the hub motor as well.

Then John is right too, the rear wheel diameter is not optimal in the first place, giving the hub motor a disadvantage. So in my mind the outcome of the test is no surprise. I am however surprised to see such avideo posted by you Allex.

Back