Mrazek RevX superlight electric freerider

8000 € too rich for my taste as long as there ain't no license plate. To put the price in context that 8000 € price tag will grow with another 2000 € due to VAT alone. Then there will be probably another 500 € worth of "handling fee" for sending me the VAT bill. Add oh I don't know maybe another 2-500 € for shipping and we are looking at 10 700 or even as much as 11.000 € for the RevX. I am not saying RevX is not worth that much, just not worth that much to me.

For under 8000 € I can get the Volta Sport motorcycle from Spain, 34 kw electric with the bigger battery.What can I get for 11.000 €? A brand spanking new ready to ride Zero FXS or if a put down another 2000 I can get a brand new Zero DS, with the Zero I also reduces the risk factor, because of their 5 year warranty. And that includes the battery pack as well. For the same price I can even the ever so slick italian electric motard Tacita T-Race with Ohlins suspension. And that is what makes bikes like RevX obsolete, because you can't use em every where. Both the FXS and the Tacita T race you can have as much fun off road as on road. And you get pretty good warranty. You have full insurance. Can even drive on the highway if need be.

Fun fact, if the RevX was road legal I would not have to pay VAT on import (no VAT on import of road legal electric vehicles) so that would have saved me about 2500 €. And then I could ride it wherever without fear of the ongoing police take down of fast electric bikes.

Seems one option is to go for sur ron, as it has been homologated in EU now. Sure only as moped 45km/h but ok that is a start. Maybe someone will come up with a clever way to get it legalized as an A1? (125cc equal class). If not you still got the legal license plate, so at least you got that covered.

Mrazek is a small family owned company so give them a chance to sell some off-road bikes before working on street legal homologation.. I wouldn't say its obsolete at all, just in a different power and weight category between ebike and full size motorcycle.. after all, you can't do this with zero or tacita :

13522954_538205463033205_3246873983617778786_o.jpg

being much lighter weight has many advantages over a full size moto, being able to toss the bike around over rough terrain, easily loaded in the truck, etc.. carry the bike up stairs if needed into your apartment, etc ..

RevX is more comparable to LMX and other bikes of this genre than a heavy full size emoto.. so its just another choice in this growing lightweight freeride emoto niche.. it would be a bit of a shame to restrict RevX to moped power levels for L1e certification imo and would be more costly and add weight (in motorcycle components) to get A1 certification.. stealth ebikes are also in the same price range as zero but I wouldn't consider them obsolete either as they continue to sell bikes and evolve as well .. two stroke dirt bikes are not street legal (due to emissions) but they are not obsolete either and still heavily used in off-road competition, hard enduro, trials, FMX, etc because they are lighter weight than their four stroke cousins.. Mrazek RevX is just another (really nice) choice in this market of powerful but lightweight emoto's.. 8)

Obsolete was a bad choice of word I am sorry. What I tried to get across was that when asking price is higher then road legal alternatives that are also electric that makes for a much tougher sale. For me personally RevX @11.000 € is just too expensive.

You see the reason I asked for road legal version? A road legal version would cost 3000 € less because it would then fall NO VAT category for electric vehicles. Valid only for road legal vehicles.

Mrazek RevX is in the same price range as stealth, etc.. yet comes with a nicer frame, better components, is lighter weight, and being mid drive will have much better off-road performance.. on the distributor website RevX has an advertised retail price of 186,900 CZK, which at current exchange rates is equal to ~7,285 EUR .. while obviously not in the price range for everyone, its competitively priced for a high power light weight off-road emoto.. :)

I didn't check prices, you did bring up that 8.000 € price I quoted so thats what I used for comparison. If price is a tad lower that is great, still won't make much of a difference for me as there will be VAT, handling fee, shipping on top of the asking price as long as bike is not street legal because of the VAT exemption for electric road legal vehicles.

So it actually makes more sense for me to get a road legal bike, if I get a road legal bike from EU I will also get 21% VAT return on sale price because because bike will be exported outside EU as we are not fully EU member only EEA member. And then I get a full VAT exemption on import.

macribs said:
I didn't check prices, you did bring up that 8.000 € price I quoted so thats what I used for comparison. If price is a tad lower that is great, still won't make much of a difference for me as there will be VAT, handling fee, shipping on top of the asking price as long as bike is not street legal because of the VAT exemption for electric road legal vehicles.

So it actually makes more sense for me to get a road legal bike, if I get a road legal bike from EU I will also get 21% VAT return on sale price because because bike will be exported outside EU as we are not fully EU member only EEA member. And then I get a full VAT exemption on import.

yeah i had not previously checked the price from the distributor either.. the ~8k was an estimate from what I saw mentioned on facebook about a price increase of the new 2018 RevX model.. there will become more revx distributors in other countries as well, so in the future one can compare prices and maybe purchase more locally for less shipping costs, etc.. hope you can find the perfect emoto for your budget and performance goals, be sure to share what you get once you do..

Yeah it is both rugged and tough yet sleek looking. Them tubes look oversized and that makes the bike look angry and mean.
I like the white one the best.

test and review of Mrazek RevX Reaper :

mrazek-revx_0028.JPG

https://www.motorkari.cz/clanky/redakcni-testy/ktm/srovnavaci-test-elektrobiku-patero-elektrickych-emoci-39671.html

17 kw of mid power fun. Sweet. Good article bro. Nice read.
But if Google translate is getting the price translated correct the bike will cost 10 000 €. To that I must say the czechs are not gonna be selling a lot of this bike. If they can't slash that price in the middle I think very few will ever consider getting one. And why should they, the sur ron bike is one third of that price and likely will perform very close to the RevX.

macribs said:
17 kw of mid power fun. Sweet. Good article bro. Nice read.
But if Google translate is getting the price translated correct the bike will cost 10 000 €. To that I must say the czechs are not gonna be selling a lot of this bike. If they can't slash that price in the middle I think very few will ever consider getting one. And why should they, the sur ron bike is one third of that price and likely will perform very close to the RevX.

I did not write the article and can not vouch for the article translations or price listed .. However, RevX has a manufacturer MSRP of 7,399 € and dealers in CZ selling for CZK 186,900 .. And according to Mrazek, 50 RevX bikes have been produced, sold and delivered to dealers this production cycle .. although affordability is certainly a plus, not everyone is so motivated by price.. some place more value on quality and performance .. such as lighter weight, ~3x more power, higher quality suspension, brakes, etc..

(also, I read recently that the price of surron is going up due to tariffs ( to ~$4k in usa ) .. and that surron is currently using the old Honda pricing strategy of selling their bikes at a loss to make entry into the market, unfairly stealing market share to drive competition out, then raise prices later .. And getting compensated by their government for exports to cover the profit losses .. given a choice, should we really be supporting those unscrupulous business tactics of Chinese manufacturers .. )

Oh my 50 sold already, that seems like a good start. Guess I was wrong then.
As much as I liked this RevX since you first posted about it, for me the price is too steep. After all e-bike is a hobby and I got other hobbies as well so got to draw the line somewhere. But I get what you mean, ebikes are expensive to build. Even if you do it yourself or get a frame kit the final price tag will be much higher then your initial budget, so for those who are looking for top of the line ride, they would save a lot of time buying the RevX. Time they can put into overtime at work to pay for the bike, rather then spending hours upon hours on research, parts gathering, designing a frame, needing a new welder or other costly parts etc. And when it's all said and done, there is no guarantee that the home brew bike will be anything close to the RevX in performance, handling, geometry etc. Ordering in you know what you get and you get what you paid for.

Happy to see they made a great start, that might make it possible to pick up a used RevX in a year or two without paying premium :)

video showing RevX Reaper features, adjustability, craftsmanship and quality ..
https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2194822074123325&id=100007866606670
(sorry not on YouTube (yet?)

Good vid watched the first half so far

frame looks nice, motor looks even nicer! Guy is blunt and to the point I kinda like him, he makes a few valid points the bike is pretty well thought out IMO

maybe they should take a Sur-ron approach and drop their pants to get some bikes flowing thru the crowds

skeetab5780 said:

frame looks nice, motor looks even nicer! Guy is blunt and to the point I kinda like him, he makes a few valid points the bike is pretty well thought out IMO

maybe they should take a Sur-ron approach and drop their pants to get some bikes flowing thru the crowds

I've heard that 200 RevX are slated for next production cycle .. 8) :twisted: :mrgreen:

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
skeetab5780 said:

I've heard that 200 RevX are slated for next production cycle .. 8) :twisted: :mrgreen:

Geez people have deep pockets for EV's and I thought I spent a lot! Good to hear more will be popping up here with these bikes

Nice bike in the video but that guy was a little much. Best in the world this and that. I am sure they have tried to find great sources for parts etc, but come on he could at least try to be serious or tell people who made the motor, the controller, the bearings etc rather then just saying they are the best in the world. And he kinds of messed up with the claim on neo D magnets being the ones that can take the highest temperature, the samarium-cobalt magnets are tougher but cost almost twice of the neoD. It is kind of hard to take the guy seriously when he falsifies stuff like that :D

That being said, they have put a lot of thoughts into this bike. Look forward to see reviews to see if this works out as well in real life as it did in the design phase of the bike.

After looking at that video even if I had the money saved up for the bike I would hold back and wait for reviews before spending my money. That guy was just laying it on way too tick and he actually managed to make me trust the bikes quality less even tough he presented some clever design choices.

macribs said:
Nice bike in the video but that guy was a little much. Best in the world this and that. I am sure they have tried to find great sources for parts etc, but come on he could at least try to be serious or tell people who made the motor, the controller, the bearings etc rather then just saying they are the best in the world. And he kinds of messed up with the claim on neo D magnets being the ones that can take the highest temperature, the samarium-cobalt magnets are tougher but cost almost twice of the neoD. It is kind of hard to take the guy seriously when he falsifies stuff like that :D

That being said, they have put a lot of thoughts into this bike. Look forward to see reviews to see if this works out as well in real life as it did in the design phase of the bike.

After looking at that video even if I had the money saved up for the bike I would hold back and wait for reviews before spending my money. That guy was just laying it on way too tick and he actually managed to make me trust the bikes quality less even tough he presented some clever design choices.

I agree with your comments. It's true that this e bike has lot of innovations (second small sprocket, adjustable rear suspension holes, adjustable foot rests, adjustable height etc) but I prefer humble persons. What does it mean if you like it it's OK if you don't like it no problem. It's better if you say I am waiting for your suggestions to improve my project because nothing is perfect.
For instance the small sprocket is very dangerous to be next to the leg and it's very easy to have a serious accident. there is a need for a good cover there also the saddle looks to be way to front. What is the battery pack BTW? It looks small to me for 17KW peak power. Will it last more than a year ?

the primary drive has a chain guard option, not installed in this video (but pictured above) its also recommended to wear moto boots, not sandals etc;).. also this model has the trials (lack of) seat, the "seat pad" is for resting at stops, not sitting while riding off road.. another RevX model has an enduro seat, if desired for more seated riding.. the bike likely comes with some manufacturer warranty for the frame, components, electronics, battery, etc (check with the dealer about warranty).. Mrazek is a highly respected frame builder with many years of R&D invested .. at this point Mrazek considers this bike development to be complete and the best currently available on the market in this genre (but of course the bikes will continue to evolve over time with technological advances and market forces)..

how about a full size dirt bike dirt bike RevX model with dual motors ..
and/or a smaller lighter version RevX version with a pedal kit option ..

...or how about a RevX model with dual motors, one a gas motor the other a more powerful electric motor which would obtain greater power then two electric motors. What I like about that bike (pictured above) is it does not instantly scream motorbike, like many "enduro" ebikes today. The RevX does stick out of the crowd, but I believe if the battery and the frame were the same color, and the motor and crank were hidden behind a smooth sheet of steel/alum and also the same color it would blend in very nicely even with its motorcycle pegs and no pedals.

On a side note, I do like the way the OEM ebikes look on the market. I have come across a few out in the wild and with my keen eye I notice the bb bulge indication of mid drive but I really have to look at it. It'd be nice to have something similar without the regulations in place that OEM manufacturers are obliged to follow. Can't remember what the motor spec's were, they do have large Wh batteries now, 750Wh and I believe the one of the 2019 oem's has 1200Wh. Camouflage is great, so what I'd do is find a toasted oem ebike, strip the electricals and see what I could do with the motor area in hope of trying to make it larger yet still have it camouflage behind the crank, whether that involves installing a larger then required gear guard, or that "smooth sheet of steel/alum" chain guard. Would look into the Cyclone 7500W or 18kw, or that motor they used for that 200cc gas/electric enduro someone on ES built. I should find that, I liked it.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
how about a full size dirt bike dirt bike RevX model with dual motors ..
and/or a smaller lighter version RevX version with a pedal kit option ..

here is the latest iteration of Mrazek RevX Reaper ready for next serial production batch.. :

44752966_491181554702424_1994199662524891136_o.jpg

44920441_491150378038875_1812154402782314496_o.jpg

photo source :
https://www.facebook.com/elektromotorka/

woah that bottom view pic makes the bike look ridiculously wide...I no longer like it!

also they uglied up the battery pack and seat a bit too way too square

Yeah the bottom pic did not do this bike any favors. The battery pack kind of sink the whole design of the bike. That being said, to have high performance and usable range will kind of dictates the size of the needed battery. But maybe they could have incorporated that battery pack into the design in a better way? Now the pack kind of looks like an after thought. Something they missed during the design, then suddenly remembered. I guess that is kind of why we have seen so many takes on the Stealth Bomber.

44920441_491150378038875_1812154402782314496_o.jpg

My craving for this however stopped when I watched the video of the company boss promoting his bike in a video in this thread. He was laying it on way to thick for my liking. Worlds best this and that without saying anything about what components they used or how was the manufacturer behind that. Plain ol' marketing BS. I mean, if they bike is really good like I thought when this thread started there should be no need to oversell the bike in a video, makes him come off like a timeshare dealer with an empty stomach.

the current iteration has a very stout and industrial look..
I wouldn't mind if the (battery) edges could be smoothed a bit and perhaps matched color or graphics with the bike ..

RevX recently competed against the (full size) gassers in a Red Bull hill climb event in Czech "Get on Top" .. RevX did not win the event but just to compete and have a good running against the petrol bikes in a red bull event is testament to the bikes performance and rigorous testing..

the video was just off the cuff, not really aimed at marketing (or maybe Bob would've put some shoes on lol;) just a little something for the followers to show the bikes major features, etc.. at least Mrazek is more focused on testing and perfecting the design than fancy marketing videos IMO .. as Bob says in the video, RevX is an electric motorcycle not an ebike, so it won't be the width if a pedal bike with the amount of power and battery capacity needed to delivery the power and range.. (how wide is kuberg, lmx etc, how wide (or tall;) would they need to be to match revx power and capacity) I read (on es I think) a kuberg rider that felt the bike was too narrow (compared to his dirt bike) so he added a wider peg mount to improve his stance for better handling..

Back