marksuttonbike's spam articles

Lycra:"Cheater!".

E-biker "Yeah! I'd feel cheated if I'd spent silly money on a fashion statement bike and fashion victim clothing to try and look like Lance Armstrong only to find it doesn't work without the drugs."

Too wordy?

Buk___ said:
Lycra:"Cheater!".

E-biker "Yeah! I'd feel cheated if I'd spent silly money on a fashion statement bike and fashion victim clothing to try and look like Lance Armstrong only to find it doesn't work without the drugs."

Too wordy?

Hey there! Not all us Lycra wearers are alike!

Lance rides a Trek. I ride a Giant. :mrgreen:

But really I have tremendous fun on my unassisted road bike, gravel grinder and mountain bike. Find me on two wheels and I'll be smilin

On my daily commute I have several hill climbs to make so I've learned to pedal assist my motor up the hills and at the end of the climbs I do get a work out about the same as me moderate speed walking 30 minutes. The difference is when I'm commuting I'm saving gas and wear and tear on my car. As my e-bike is set up as a cargo bike with panners, I've never heard any thing from regular bikers as they know my bike is work bike.

JDMopar said:
...I have tremendous fun on my unassisted road bike, gravel grinder and mountain bike. Find me on two wheels and I'll be smilin...

All pedal only? That's weird, because I've never seen anyone pedaling at more than 5mph "smilin". All I ever see is the pedalist grimace :cry: . OTOH almost 10 years into this great hobby and my ebikes still give me that big ole shlt-eating ebike grin. :D

I came across a guy with a really impressive $10K+ downhill rig recently when I pulled in for a water break around the local single track.

He said "what, ebike!? That's cheating!"

I replied "I go up the hill as fast as I go down. Fun is fun, what's the cheat? "

He really didn't have much to say considering he doesn't go up the hills lol...

Best reply is "I'm not cheating, I've graduated to a totally different game!"

Plus I'm sure I get a better work out then steady cycling. It's more like interval training due to pedal assisting the motor for balance and torque on the rapid ascends. I have never felt more winded in my life doing anything else.

My brother and I are really physical and fit. He rides a Hi-power cycles rear hub, and we are both amazed at how bagged we are after rides. I have never had a work out that compares to the exhaustion I feel after 30km+ of single track.

Hehe... "I've graduated to a totally different game!" :lol:

12-C said:
Best reply is "I'm not cheating, I've graduated to a totally different game!"

I like that. Simple and succinct. Or a bit simpler in case its loud or in the middle of traffic, "I'm not cheating, I don't play your game!"

Ebike and Electric motorcycle open source DASHBOARD for all by COBI.bike
("OPEN SOURCE electric vehicle digital dashboard FOR 200 British Pounds"):
https://evnerds.com/tech/ev-dashboa...e-open-source-dashboard-for-all-by-cobi-bike/

Starts:
COBI.bike DEV kit (200 British Pounds) is something we were very excited to share with you guys. It’s a digital electric vehicle dashboard that you can customize completely or even make your own apps (some with no programming knowladge)!. Every electric bike, electric motorcycle or electric car DIY builder wants to have a nice view of motor performance, battery monitoring and speed gauges in a nice form without five different display showing one data at the time. To do so, one needs a programmable electric vehicle dashboard, SO THAT THE SYSTEMS SHOWS EXACT VALUES FOR GIVEN COMPONENTS.

Intuvia2COBI.gif

:)

Just to make users here aware, this proposal has just surfaced and at present it appears only to be a proposal, but a serious one as far as the EC are concerned. Third-party insurance for e-bike users would be stunt uptake sharply at a time when the e-bike world is booming. Is veto-able at member state level in any case:
https ://cyclingindustry. news/european-commission-proposes-legislation-to-outlaw-electric-bike-use-on-europes-roads/

[url said:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZeCKXwlCfwgJ:https://www.bikebiz.com/news/bikes-need-3rd-part-insurance-in-eu+[/url]"]
E-bikes declared illegal to use on European roads without insurance
European Commission rules e-bike riders need motor-vehicle insurance
Carlton Reid
May 24, 2018

The European Commission has today decided that e-bike riders without motor vehicles third-party liability insurance are riding illegally. The decision – yet to be placed into law – would affect those riding pedal-assist e-bikes, often known as pedelecs i.e. the standard e-bike sold in Europe. However, individual EU states can, if they so choose, exempt e-bikes from the decision.

250W makes a bike a motor vehicle that needs liability insurance?

The first assertion is arguable, but the second is laughable. The EC must choose-- either hold e-bikes to motor vehicle standards but allow them motor vehicle level performance, OR restrict them until they're less potent than a fit cyclist but exempt them from MV requirements. To do both is obviously nonsensical and probably pandering to vested interests.

Morning all,

Totally skipped my mind to pop this on here - just in case you've not yet seen Dennis Publishing is launching Cycling Electric - a new magazine and Lee Valley Velopark event (July 4th).

For full clarity - i'm editing it, but hopefully okay to put on the radar here. The goal is to take it away from the sports angle of numerous other cycle mags and to promote e-Bikes as a new mobility for the masses. Preaching to the converted, i'm sure, but hopefully it'll be worth the £5.99 when it lands on news stands at the end of April. Will be info and reviews rich and quite evenly balanced between the many segments - commute, cargo, MTB, gravel, light utility etc.

https:// cyclingindustry.news/dennis-publishing-to-launch-cycling-electric-mag-and-demo-day/

Back