Vector bike and frame owners.

Glad to see you are back Artur.

Seems you struggle a bit on the very end of the first video, how long was that climb? Climbing in a ski resort? Hard to tell how steep the incline was from the video, but it seems to be a ski resort so I would imagine it is steep? Did you encounter any temperature spikes on the motor in these videos? Some of the tight trails was really slow riding, making those the hardest for the motor. What kind of gearing from motor to rear chain ring? If you would go back to that area would you make changes to gearing? It sometimes seems you are struggling a little bit to keep momentum in the very slow and narly sections with rocks, trees, and what not. But hey, you made it so good riding by you.

What kind of motor/controller on that bike?

Wow, didn't expect so many questions! Appreciate it! I guess it is better if I will make a video with all the answers! P.s. right before start of climb video, me and my wife drove on top of this bike from nearest village to that starting point on lake , so it was already 150-200m elevation gain with tottal weight 150kg. Plus battery was only 70% charged when I started. I think I warm up controller a during that pre-ride as I was riding slow. When I ride alone (80kg) I never had temperature limitation to cick in

I really like these trails there! Whats the name of that place?

macribs said:
Glad to see you are back Artur.

Seems you struggle a bit on the very end of the first video, how long was that climb? Climbing in a ski resort? Hard to tell how steep the incline was from the video, but it seems to be a ski resort so I would imagine it is steep? Did you encounter any temperature spikes on the motor in these videos? Some of the tight trails was really slow riding, making those the hardest for the motor. What kind of gearing from motor to rear chain ring? If you would go back to that area would you make changes to gearing? It sometimes seems you are struggling a little bit to keep momentum in the very slow and narly sections with rocks, trees, and what not. But hey, you made it so good riding by you.

What kind of motor/controller on that bike?
[youtube]72ry0Weu9ck[/youtube]

Thx. Any chance you will look into getting the Vortex street legal in EU? Like moped 45km/h or maybe even A1?

Don't know if you read my post in Allex Sur Ron thread, after a few bad accidents with powerful e-bikes we suddenly get too much heat on fast e-bikes. Police will even do fines, revoke licenses and might also take the bike. It is getting hard by the day to ride fast e-bikes in public, and even on public single tracks or dirt roads far out in the woods you can still get in trouble.

This is the first time we have had ongoing actions like this towards e-bike users and it makes me think the only way to ride in peace and not risking trouble is to get a road legal bike with license plate.

macribs said:
Thx. Any chance you will look into getting the Vortex street legal in EU? Like moped 45km/h or maybe even A1?

Don't know if you read my post in Allex Sur Ron thread, after a few bad accidents with powerful e-bikes we suddenly get too much heat on fast e-bikes. Police will even do fines, revoke licenses and might also take the bike. It is getting hard by the day to ride fast e-bikes in public, and even on public single tracks or dirt roads far out in the woods you can still get in trouble.

This is the first time we have had ongoing actions like this towards e-bike users and it makes me think the only way to ride in peace and not risking trouble is to get a road legal bike with license plate.

don't agree with you, but it is interesting topic for my next vlog. I will tell about my 750 Euro fine 3 years ago )

i like your vlog as i now have access to infos i didnt have before. even better would be, if you would keep your website more up to date with this info too. Sure many infos you cant give in text as this eats time. but pls dont forget to keep the reader up for the important things.

macribs said:

Aaand this ladys and gentleman is the moment I always was talking about when telling people to ride unter the frocking radar. Is it that hard? I ride every day 60Kilometers since 2,5 years and never have had trouble with the police. Thanks, now the process of our bikes becoming officially illegal just accellerated with the first results.

Routybouty said:
Yep, V3 QS 4T 11kv. My plan is to be able to commute at 50-55mph. So this is why I went with the higher kv version. I didn't want to rely on the efficiency gouging field weakening (OVS) to hit speed. I am now in the research/design aspect of motor/controller cooling to sustain it. I'll post a video soon and you can see the amps. It was pulling about 110A constant down the straightaway while pinned. I have no plans to cruise at that speed haha.

[youtube]u7GmSaOPcIw[/youtube]

Hello RoutyBouty

How are you, I saw a video you posted. You got 64-MPH on the track with your vector. I have a MAX-E, QS 273 motor. what are your spec to be getting speeds like that. I also noticed your not using OVS too. Whats your "boost" profile config set to?

Cheers,

Nick :)

Well I am joining the club. A typhoon frame with a fat swingarm was shipped this morning.

Has anyone tried to mount an IGH on the swingarm to solve the transmission problem?

I already have a wheel built that was supposed to go on another bike.

I wondering how a vector typhoon will work whith a 26" wheel.
Will it feel the same as a bike whith smaller wheels?

I will buy a frame later this year but cant decide what wheel size to use?
I know it's depend on whitch hub i will use to.
/Lasse

elmannen said:
I wondering how a vector typhoon will work whith a 26" wheel.
Will it feel the same as a bike whith smaller wheels?

I will buy a frame later this year but cant decide what wheel size to use?
I know it's depend on whitch hub i will use to.
/Lasse

you can use 26 if you want, but i like moto wheels or 24 bike. just better in climbs and overheating..

Ok, thanks Artur. I have a Typhoon frame on its way now and i will use 26" wheels.
I will only use DD hub whith litle watt so no problem.

Next question is regarding rear shock, which length on the rear shock shall i use?
I have looked at this shock https://www.rosebikes.se/rock-shox-monarch-rl-rear-shock-852702 165 or 190mm?
Is it depending on what wheelsize i have to?

elmannen said:
Ok, thanks Artur. I have a Typhoon frame on its way now and i will use 26" wheels.
I will only use DD hub whith litle watt so no problem.

Next question is regarding rear shock, which length on the rear shock shall i use?
I have looked at this shock https://www.rosebikes.se/rock-shox-monarch-rl-rear-shock-852702 165 or 190mm?
Is it depending on what wheelsize i have to?

190 is better

Just got my frame some days ago. After some closer look i found 2 things thats not so good.

1: There is a big dent in the fitting for the bearing in the stearing tube.
2: The bottom bracket is very stiff to turn.
/Lars Persson

Hey there Vector fans, few weeks ago i decided that i will ditch my car for daily commuter combined with some ofroad fun ebike, glad i found vector in right time when they offered 40% summer deal on typhoon frame :D Dont have enough money right now so i ordered frame and rear shock for now, looking forward to complete most of the bike from vector.

Right now im looking at some fork, bike will be used onroad mainly so im thinking that DNM USD-8S (coil one) will be enough or should go for air straigh away (im 195cm/110kg) dont know if it play any role in this

Took me 3 days to read all this thread and vector offers (92 pages) thread and i found a lot of usefull info in these pages...

Anyway is here someone from slovakia or czech republic ? just curious if im only one.

elmannen said:
Just got my frame some days ago. After some closer look i found 2 things thats not so good.

1: There is a big dent in the fitting for the bearing in the stearing tube.
2: The bottom bracket is very stiff to turn.
/Lars Persson

20180821_210110.jpg

Well, after getting to this part of the thread, I decided to take a closer look at the Typhoon frame a received today and sure an behold I have dent on the top of the stearing tube too! The bearing just won't go in.

Ohhhh! Not good. Have you sent a message to Artur to?
Do you missing some other parts in the kit?
And it is the exakt spot as mine! very strange.

Just sent an email to Artur....I am waiting for his response, but I am sending this frame back!
I was missing the rear shock mount with the frame and one of the bearings for the headset got destroyed when trying to remove from top of steer tube

I'm also waiting on a 24s 15p battery and the rear DNM shock from them

Back