Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Swe said:
The modification looks nice! But is the kickstand all the way up on the last picture? Looks a little like it has an angle a bit down so it is not aligned with the bike in upper position. No problem when riding in harder conditions?

no, not all the way up - when it is up, it aligns perfectly just under the swingarm. I will add another picture.

PRW said:
Swe said:
The modification looks nice! But is the kickstand all the way up on the last picture? Looks a little like it has an angle a bit down so it is not aligned with the bike in upper position. No problem when riding in harder conditions?

no, not all the way up - when it is up, it aligns perfectly just under the swingarm. I will add another picture.

NIce job on the kickstand.

That looked much better. Will have to think a couple of days about if I should order or not. Too bad it is from USA, so expensive to buy from there with shipping and all extra fees also. But at least I know it will fit with your modification.

Swe said:
That looked much better. Will have to think a couple of days about if I should order or not. Too bad it is from USA, so expensive to buy from there with shipping and all extra fees also. But at least I know it will fit with your modification.
You don't know any local table tennis players that are going to Las Vegas for the World Veterans in June, do you?

I've been a bit busy with rennos painting and flooring so my builds have taken a back seat as well as time to log into ES! Having said that some sweet new parts have arrived.

I see some recent battery pack discussion. I'm contemplating what battery to do for my next 2 alphas.

I'm thinking 20s12p should work as a block to put in and out. any more than that and you might have to get creative to load it in and out.
Otherwise 20s10p I think will meet most peoples needs and be a bit lighter, manageable and a tad bit cheaper. Maybe I'll wait for customer input before committing to whatever i build.

I went with the 15kw powervelocity controllers and they have just turned up, so am keen to get these builds moving so I can check em out! Ive downloaded the app and it looks pretty awesome. Probably wont need a cycleanalyst at all? But as \ (•◡•) / showed a few pics of, I will have to trim down the side mounts and come up with a way to mount it to the frame. I'm thinking I may be able to use some thermal adhesive epoxy of some sort to glue to a aluminium riser - that is bolted to the frame (this will save having to open and gut the controller for mounting....)

I also just received today some domino throttles from Ste Hu, and they feel awesome straight up, so hopefully they work well when I get them all hooked up.

-Picking up some wheels today, so hopefully i can share some 'rolling chassis' pics soon.

Lash.

Lash said:
I've been a bit busy with rennos painting and flooring so my builds have taken a back seat as well as time to log into ES! Having said that some sweet new parts have arrived.

I see some recent battery pack discussion. I'm contemplating what battery to do for my next 2 alphas. I'm thinking 20s12p should work as a block to put in and out. any more than that and you might have to get creative to load it in and out. Otherwise 20s10p I think will meet most peoples needs and be a bit lighter, manageable and a tad bit cheaper. Maybe I'll wait for customer input before committing to whatever i build. I went with the 15kw powervelocity controllers and they have just turned up, so am keen to get these builds moving so I can check em out! Ive downloaded the app and it looks pretty awesome. Probably wont need a cycleanalyst at all? But as \ (•◡•) / showed a few pics of, I will have to trim down the side mounts and come up with a way to mount it to the frame. I'm thinking I may be able to use some thermal adhesive epoxy of some sort to glue to a aluminium riser - that is bolted to the frame (this will save having to open and gut the controller for mounting....) I also just received today some domino throttles from Ste Hu, and they feel awesome straight up, so hopefully they work well when I get them all hooked up. Picking up some wheels today, so hopefully i can share some 'rolling chassis' pics soon.

Lash.

I know what you mean Lee, I haven't even started on my Alpha build. New job and long commutes to work prevent me from doing very much during the week. I agree a 20S 10P will meet most peoples' needs. One will need to use 25R cells to pull 15kw from a pack this size. Curious about the app that eliminates the need for a CA. Tell us more.

You can see them on powervelocity. Com and even download the app from the Play store. There are threads on here too. I'm sure there are benefits of a ca display too glance at. But I kind of like the idea of a clean set of bars.

Plus you can always get a phone mount if you want to watch speed n data.

My new white rims look tight. Can't wait to get a tyre on there.

As for mounting the controllers on the alpha I think I can use angle aluminium on the ends to secure it with bolts over just glue.

fsmuggen said:
8x 15 samsung inr 25 120 cells 63v hot of charge 20ah 1260wh max

Nice, I think 14s8p is what id like for my beta-mac build.
Your hydrolic lines are huge!

im going to have to lengthen my hydrolic hose too. well replace it with a longer one to be exact. Bit annoying but got to be done.

Heres a pic from today,
got the steerer tube cut at a nice height and the front brake on and aligned.

Next up is deciding which controller to go for and organising the battery.

I have some bionicon chain guides incoming which will hopefully allow me to run a non-clutch derailerur but avoid chain drops and chain slap. will be testing soon.

beta.jpg

The blue hooses are only covering the stainless steel braided brake lines, makes good protection against rubbing.. allso have the same tube for the wires going to the handlebar control buttons/display.
I run everything with the max-E controller. I made the battery with doubble fuse system 125A DC breaker and internal "split" burn fuse of 300A
singlespeed gearing for optimal pedaling up to 27kph

Sometimes i wish for a middrive. Im pretty heavy and the motor heats up pretty fast. But daaaamn, the silence of these things are total bliss and amazing...rsz_1img_20180531_221659.jpg

But daaaamn, the silence of these things are total bliss and amazing...

Yep, this was the biggest difference I noticed between mid drive and hub motor. The hub motor is muy queito.

Why is there a hole on the (almost) bottom of the Beta frame? Think it is a closed area or have I missed something? It is not all the way down (if it was for draining water). See picture.

I removed my Hollowtech II to install PAS and there where dirt inside the frame there. So when removing bottom bracket (not a daily job) you get dirt everywhere.

Or is it you have som electronic stuff inside there? Could I just plug it then?

AA5DD2A8-C8E4-46CF-A05A-90CEE69B42AF.jpeg

I am not sure what the hole is for, my guess would be for water drainage so that area is not sealed off. My other bit of thinking that it might have been a spot for them to do some welding from the inside on a few spots...

Failing that it could be speed holes, or weight reducing technique :lol:

Either way i think you can either leave it or put a rubber grommet on it.

It is not at the bottom, so should not be for water. Strange no one have thought about it. If it really is for nothing at all I will probably clean everything and then plug it.

Ive basically finished my beta battery. went with 14s8p and laid it out like this

battery.jpg

There were a few different ways to do it, but 2 layers seemed the best way to go. 8p blocks are fast to make especially with my 25mm wide nickel strip. Other wiggly L and S shaped blocks can get annoying and slow to make, so I like to keep it simple :)

I think this pattern / layout would work too for 14s10p. 5 wide blocks, I think it will still fit.

I couldnt decide on a controller for this bike yet. I was tempted to go the lunacyle ASI controller route, but 50US shipping to AUS on top of the 169 US price tag - and still not have a screen or BT screen was a deal breaker.

So I will be aiming to use an old chinese kit controller from a 1000w rear hub kit. I will need to change the options if i can to suit a MAC hub.

Good pics to compare CD.
The beta has a bit of a lip at the opening so its 100mm wide but then opens up to about 120mm. So its a bit restricted from the start unless you get into rolling it in, but im already angling it in longways!

The fighter must be a tad wider im guessing.

A future frame would be cool to built around the 18650 or similar cells - to have approx an 80mm wide frame, nice and sleek and just wide enough for a cell and some padding etc.

Hope to finish my build enough to get a powered ride in this weekend. then thar be pics!

Hey people! I need advice. I just got my Adaptto back from repair and don't want to risk breaking it again. It appears I have too tight of a fit where the cables come out of my qs205 v3 motor, causing them to get damaged. The frame is alpha and I use Hope tech 3 V4 brakes. The problem is that these brakes are so big I need a spacer for my brake disc or the brake won't fit between the disc and motor causing extreme flex on the disc. But with the spacer the disc comes too far out minimizing the space for the cables. So ideally I should have a different rear brake that is smaller in width so I can remove the disc brake spacer and give more room for the cables.

So my question is, what rear brake do you recommend? I'm currently using hopes 203mm vented disc. The brake is 45mm thick although the part that matters is around 19,5mm. And the spacer is 2mm.

Back