Optibike Elite Series NEW: R15C | Carbon Fiber

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Nice to see Optibike still in the "high end game"...

https://optibike.com/optibike-r15c/

The all new Carbon Fiber R15C, with Carbon Fiber Frame and Swingarm.
Motocross Style Progressive Rear Suspension Linkage.
New frame design has a removable battery in its own carbon fiber case.
$13,900

R15C-High-Res-5-31-18-1280x989.jpg

I like it and all but its grossly overpriced

I mean check out the Zero bike below its $11,000 and your street legal

zero-ds-2018.jpg

A Zero DS with the smaller ZF7.2 battery starts at $10,995 whereas the DSR model with the ZF14.4 power pack starts at $16,495.

The SR bike below starts at $16,495 with the larger ZF14.4 battery.

2018-Zero-SR-lead.jpg

eCue said:
I like it and all but its grossly overpriced

I mean check out the Zero bike below its $11,000 and your street legal

zero-ds-2018.jpg

A Zero DS with the smaller ZF7.2 battery starts at $10,995 whereas the DSR model with the ZF14.4 power pack starts at $16,495.

The SR bike below starts at $16,495 with the larger ZF14.4 battery.

2018-Zero-SR-lead.jpg

but those are not mtn bikes;)

There is no need to fake pedal when riding a insured ebike , I posted the Zero as a cost comparison not so much a ride comparison :D

eCue said:
There is no need to fake pedal when riding a insured ebike , I posted the Zero as a cost comparison not so much a ride comparison :D

the design, power and weight of optibike r15c (with pedals) is a mountain bike.. so comparing it to motorcycles is irrelevant because they cannot be ridden in the same manner or terrain.. and are therefore a completely different market and target consumer..

So you can buy a full fledged street legal Zero ebike that is faster then most anticipate or for more money you can own a pedal eMtb.
Thats the point , when you start comparing the performance and parts list the value is apparent.

My point is its Grossly overpriced , do you disagree with that or just the comparison ?

eCue said:

Hehe... "faux pedaling"... Apart of for warmth and for exercise, in my early daze of trying to coax max. mileage from two 12V10Ah SLA batts, was to pedal from stops... pedal up hills... crouch down to minimize aero drag... look for any/all down hills and down winds... any/all smooth pavements...

And it's amusing to see folks tapping about "too expensive"? In the early days of electric traction:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8099

... it was the "wealthy" watt "bought in" first. And then along came folks like Henry Ford. :wink: Pretty sure there'll always be a market for the "bleeding edge" of technology? :mrgreen:

Followed the link there is some nice motorbikes in that collection :)

Here is a 8000w (peak?) eMtb for $10,000 i noticed on eBay. Pricey all the same its more bike then the optibike is it still costs too much by about a factor of 2 imo

Speed - 120 kph
Range - 120km
Weight - 46 Kg

Warranty:2 years for the motor.18 months for battery.
2 for carbon box , 1 for frame

s-l1600.jpg

The ebay link https://www.ebay.ca/itm/72V-8000W-E...453800?hash=item3f9e943968:g:N8UAAOSw1-5bDWQu

Back