Emsiso emDrive 500 (100kVA Peak, 800A/120VDC)

Hi Lukas,
sorry for my late reply: Bosch 0 392 022 010

BTW: I got now feedback from Emsiso regarding field weakening.
I have to find right value for Id-factor before starting field weakening.
But a manual how to manage it is actually not available :(
I hope to get a quick step up manual by Wednesday otherwise I have to deactivate the field weakening option because I do not know I will destroy the motor if Id will produce torque, which should be not done!

So Emsiso is actually fully occupied on other projects and have no time to send me the instruction to find the correct factor for Id.
Therefore they advise me to disable field weakening otherwise if the motor is above base speed and Id will produce torque the controller can be damaged.

Dear Rovii,

I would like to ask you some questions about the emDrive. We are using the same controller for an EV conversion, and our controller shuts down with overcurrent error at higher speeds or instant torque demand while the motor is free running. I've read that you had a similar problem. We use a sin/cos encoder, not Hall sensors, so we expect that the problem is with the PI controller parameterization. Did you change anything else in the parameters to get the controller full power? Could you please tell us the P and I parameters that you used? I know that it won't work for us, as we you a completely different motor, but can be a good starting point.

Best regards,
Adam

Hey Adam,

What motor are you using?

I have used an emDrive to power a DHX Hawk40, and Neu 8057 using the following P/I gains:

Velocity:
P= 1250, I = 8, These are OK, stable but not great.
Torque:
P = 1500, I = 1500

As it turned out, our controller was damaged.
We used the Polarity bit to change motor direction, but Emsiso said "it is not advised to use" and "it is only a historical parameter" :shock:
Documentation tells nothing... Emsiso told us to change the secondary current protection, while the firmware specification says "it must not be changed". Other things should be OK, but I recommend contacting them before actual testing with a lot of questions regarding parameter settings.

Fortunately, they are friendly and helpful (except they are still very busy on their other projects), and they send us a temporary replacement, which seems to be working fine so far.

Sorry for my really late reply,
I hope you got my last PM.
So for my motor configuration I had P=1000 and I=500 at torque modus.
In the meanwhile I killed the hubmotor but actually it´s the fastest hubmotor ev on 1/4 mile with 12,278 seconds @ 170 kph for 363lbs vehicle.

Hopefully Luke´s light weight ev will beat it or has it done already!

I will change now to higher voltage to get more power but with chain drive motor.

Hi, in your very first post you habe uploaded a circuit diagram.
There you are using a 3k/ 20W precharge resistor. Where have you found that a precharge resistor. I have the same controller (emDrive 500), but I didn't find anything about a precharge resistor in the documentation..... Have you got an extra file/manual from emsiso with advices regarding the installation? Thank you!

Hello Luke P,
sorry but no. I used the standard pre charging resistor which comes with Kelly Controls main contactor 12V/600A and it worked fine!
For new system, pre charger and main contactor are already mounted inside the controller.

Best regards
Andre

Back