Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

No thats not Adaptto. Vasiliy will have a great controller for low cost suitable for lighter bikes.

Yes you can still send your controller in for a repair.

Has anyone tested the password protected firmware yet?

I'm a little nervous to test it since fixing a bricked Adaptto is not on my todo list for this summer ;)

I have run it some weeks now on my Mini. I had no problem updating. Only thing is that Eco-mode is not working anymore... but I guess that is because I don't have any PAS installed yet (I have ordered).

Swe said:
I have run it some weeks now on my Mini. I had no problem updating. Only thing is that Eco-mode is not working anymore... but I guess that is because I don't have any PAS installed yet (I have ordered).

There are two differnt firmwares. On one the Eco mode works only with PAS (with throttle disabled) and with the other both throttle and PAS works at the same time.

madin88 said:
There are two differnt firmwares. On one the Eco mode works only with PAS (with throttle disabled) and with the other both throttle and PAS works at the same time.

Is there actually some online "collećtion" of all the different firmwares ? (standard, locked, eco-pas, eco-nonpas, passwort-protection,...)
on adapttos website its not even possible anymore to download firmwares for the minis.

and whats the actual newest firmware ?

madin88 said:

Are those Firmwares availeable in teh most recent Version ?
and where to get them From (in my case for my two Minis)

thanks --> notger

notger said:
Are those Firmwares availeable in teh most recent Version ?
and where to get them From (in my case for my two Minis)

thanks --> notger

I don't know where you could get them aside from asking adaptto directly for it.
Will take a look on my emails and let you know.
You are looking for the one with PW protection for Normal and Boost mode, and in ECO only PAS schould work?

madin88 said:
You are looking for the one with PW protection for Normal and Boost mode, and in ECO only PAS schould work?

Hi,

looking for all Mini FW's actually (also to feels save if Adaptto would ever Quit their Business)

- Password protected - Eco mode works only with PAS (with throttle disabled) --> to maybe make a legal Bike someday
- Password Protected - both throttle and PAS works at the same time
- the standard Mini+Display FW Update
- ?? anything else besides the >90Volt unlocked FW ??

Allex said:

Does anyone know if the BMS draws ANY power if it is plugged to a pack, and everything else is disconnected (ie. sitting on the shelf)

Thx

Will any "ebay PAS system" work with Adaptto or do I need to look for something specific?

Recommendations?

PAS is simple - so 'HALL" type should work..

But it's also shit. If you have an ADAPTTO - throttle control in torque mode is the only way to go. Forget pas.

I didn´t follow the topic about it so much, but did someone find a way to use a torque sensor for Adaptto instead of the classic old school PAS?

DasDouble said:
I didn´t follow the topic about it so much, but did someone find a way to use a torque sensor for Adaptto instead of the classic old school PAS?

I did,..... but there is no "plug and ride" solution

Either you use a CA3 between BB-Torque Sensor and Adaptto-Throttle-In (witch would probably be the most expensive but advanced method)

or:

the German "Forumscontroller"
https://www.pedelecforum.de/wiki/doku.php?id=elektrotechnik:forumscontroller

or:

The " ToPPCon" from
stancecoke said:
@Hochsitzcola
https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/i...tlager-drehmoment-sensoren.39148/#post-744192

You cannot plug a torque-sensor to the Pas-in of the adaptto !

greets notger

Willow said:
PAS is simple - so 'HALL" type should work..

But it's also shit. If you have an ADAPTTO - throttle control in torque mode is the only way to go. Forget pas.

And yeah, PAS sucks... I'm only mounting it to have it available in ECO-mode with the password locked firmware. Perfect cop solution ;)

Hello My adaptto display went off without a reason the controller still works but I have nothing on the display did someone have the same issue? and how can I fix it ? thank you

hi all
ive been having massive issues with motor heating on my 3kw motor running a midi-e. I cant put more than about 700-800w continuous through it without excessive heat >120c. ive done every combo of halls (tried the second set), phases, angle corr, and ind timing, both manual and auto detect... all without success.
today I started playing with PWR timing as i'm hoping this will help...
With the wheel off the ground, I was adjusting PWR whilst at WOT & OVS 002. At PWR of over 3.8 I had a
SCARY run away speed increase with instability in rotation. this only happened with the OVS on.
What is this runaway ?
what exactly does PMR do and how does it interact with OVS to do this?
cheers
kdog

kdog said:
With the wheel off the ground, I was adjusting PWR whilst at WOT & OVS 002. At PWR of over 3.8 I had a
SCARY run away speed increase with instability in rotation. this only happened with the OVS on.
What is this runaway ?
what exactly does PMR do and how does it interact with OVS to do this?
cheers
kdog

I would keep OVS off when doing autodetect or manual tuning. This was mentioned already many times.

PWR timing effects efficiency under load.
To figure out the optimal value i ride always the same hill up at full power (or at least above half throttle).
The lower the increase of heat, the better it is. Than you will come to a point where a higher setting will result in a run away situation (or throttle pumping on and off and such strange things). The value BEFORE this happens is usually the best. If you set it to a lower value you will notice more heat in the motor. Try it out!

The setting Angle corr i adjust at very low speed (RPM) with the wheel off the ground. You can clearly HEAR the optimal setting.
With IND timing i adjust the speed so that i get the speed based on battery voltage x motor kV.
The RPM should be a bit lower as Adaptto is a sine wave controller, but it also depends on the BEMF of the motor.

thanks Maddin
ive had OVS off when doing all my tuning, and have done it same as you.
this was my first try changing PMR timing and I had left OVS on as I was just playing around. ill take it a bit more seriously this time!!
so im keen to try the new PMR setting.... I have a 350mt vert climb over about 5kms to get home so that will be a test for it.
Auto detect came up with a setting of .51 every time, but ill be trying it at over 2... I wonder why the big difference?

CD
yeh took me by surprise, only had the bike on its stand on a small bit of wood :shock: lucky it didn't jump right off!
anyway here are my setting that ive settled on, ANG corr, IND ive played with extensively and im pretty sure they're right, but all the others are up for grabs.
ANG corr -4.05
IND 366 usec
PMR 2.13
wire R 103mohm (auto detect set)
Kv 7053 (auto detect set)
hall off set 300deg (auto detect set)
the motor is one of the lellie 3kw one available on aliexpress. seems to be reasonably well made.

is there a trick to running the wheel slowly with no load?
on torque throttle mode it ends up nearly full speed even on lowest possible throttle position. if I switch it to speed mode it pulses wildly trying to stay slow. I thought that applying brakes would distort the reading so I haven't done this
cheers for the help
kdog

Sorry for hijacking the topic: A friend of mine has a Mini-E and his state of charge stops at "78%" when fully charged. Two weeks ago it worked normally and showed "98%". (See video).

What is going on? Does he only have to set his bike to "set full charge"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yJnIdlwcQo&feature=youtu.be

[youtube]watch?v=3yJnIdlwcQo&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

I am getting a strange !HALLS! error. When i turn the controller on, it says eco like normal. But if I turn the wheel a bit or try to use the throttle is give me the error. If i contenue to move the wheel it will go back to eco again. Very stange.
It gives me the right H0-H10 values in the troubleshooting menu. Makes no sense.

I installed storade in the motor today but my bike have been apart for about a month as i am converting it to a new frame. I only opened the motor for the storade and everything seemed fine.

OMG ive unleashed the adaptto beast!!!
With the new PMR setting Ive halved my heat production, and the power is now AWESOME! Easy does 80kph, wh/km have dropped and it's smoother under power.
I don't have to baby it along anymore yeha! My hill climb this morning I usually get over 120degC even being super conservative, this morning...60deg riding much more aggressively.
So does anyone know exactly what PMR does?

Back