E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Hey for all you battery folk, whats the biggest / most powerful battery I can put in the bomber while still retaining cav3, stock charger, controller etc? looking to gain a bunch more range...

1abv said:
Hey for all you battery folk, whats the biggest / most powerful battery I can put in the bomber while still retaining cav3, stock charger, controller etc? looking to gain a bunch more range...

Check out Allex's (now Big Bore's) Bomber. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62650

Thx for the link I remember that from a while ago.. cool build.. looks like he swapped out the cav3 and some other bits. wanted to see how far I could go w stock gear and larger battery. Maybe that doesn't make a difference? I don't know that much about controllers/chargers...

Hi all, I bought bomber #145 from fellow E/S member Robohead. The bike was working fine we he droped it off at a bike shop I used to crate it up for shipping. I reassembled the bike tripple checked all connections and charged the battery (80v max) off the charger. Plugged it in and everything looks normal, C/A fired right up and display numbers on all screens looks right. I twist the throttle and crickets, I mean nothing, No noise, rotation or resistance from motor, No controller noise nothing. I have been searching the threads and I'm sure I am just missing it. I have general knowledge of the systems involved
And I am looking for some advice or direction to the info to troubleshoot and fix my B52. Thank s in advance.

1abv said:
Thx for the link I remember that from a while ago.. cool build.. looks like he swapped out the cav3 and some other bits. wanted to see how far I could go w stock gear and larger battery. Maybe that doesn't make a difference? I don't know that much about controllers/chargers...

If you had a battery like Allex's in your Bomber, it would automatically perform better with the stock running gear as your volt sag would be much less which would translate into more peak KW which translates into more accleration/performance. Yah, Allex swapped out the stock controller for the MAX E, but still his bike would have performed a bit better in stock trim with that battery pack for the reasons I mentioned above.

Gaffler said:
Hi all, I bought bomber #145 from fellow E/S member Robohead. The bike was working fine we he droped it off at a bike shop I used to crate it up for shipping. I reassembled the bike tripple checked all connections and charged the battery (80v max) off the charger. Plugged it in and everything looks normal, C/A fired right up and display numbers on all screens looks right. I twist the throttle and crickets, I mean nothing, No noise, rotation or resistance from motor, No controller noise nothing. I have been searching the threads and I'm sure I am just missing it. I have general knowledge of the systems involved
And I am looking for some advice or direction to the info to troubleshoot and fix my B52. Thank s in advance.

Check and make sure all your connections, especially the sensor wires are properly plugged in to each other along with the throttle wire. Make sure the battery is fully charged as well. Give it a try and see what you get.

Checked all connections again fully charged battery and nothing. :evil: going to check all the halls next with meter

Well I couldn't leave it alone, so I checked the halls with a volt meter and all got voltage. So I started chasing wires. With a little help from Robohead and Mike QSmotor Moser I was able to chase down a broken black wire on the controller side of the jst plug, about 3 inches from the controller itself. So I wired in a new wire and jst plug and YATZEE!! She came right to life. Thanks again to the forum and people that helped me troubleshoot and sort out the problems. Cheers.

Gaffler said:
Well I couldn't leave it alone, so I checked the halls with a volt meter and all got voltage. So I started chasing wires. With a little help from Robohead and Mike QSmotor Moser I was able to chase down a broken black wire on the controller side of the jst plug, about 3 inches from the controller itself. So I wired in a new wire and jst plug and YATZEE!! She came right to life. Thanks again to the forum and people that helped me troubleshoot and sort out the problems. Cheers.

OUTSTANDING, let the good times roll.

Rix said:
bigbore said:
This is what I expect from my new Bomber battery that I’ve been building

20S14P Sony VTC6 3120mAh
Nominal values 72V 43,68Ah 3145Wh

Expected Real life values 72V 35Ah 2515Wh
25Wh/Km expected 100Km
30Wh/Km expected 84Km
35Wh/Km expected 71Km
40Wh/Km expected 63Km

I think you are spot on with the estimates. That said, I found it was easy to average about 25wh/Mile when pedal assisting the bomber on flat ground and keeping speeds around 15MPH. I suspect the new battery would be good for close to 100 miles under these conditions, but damn it would be boring as hell to do that for 100 miles.

My new battery is ready and the first data I have is amazing :mrgreen: 105Km/h top speed and 104Km range :mrgreen:
5_CE2_A6_EC-48_F6-4_A90-8_B82-1284483_BCE0_C.jpg

1_DAEAC5_B-04_E0-4_DE6-836_F-_C441_C763827_B.jpg

77_AA5_D79-2_A82-4_C50-_B71_C-0_F66_FEA78_C5_A.jpg

Also I have 92% of nominal values at 40,3Ah 2894Wh :shock:

42304429415_82f7b79bd2_z.jpg

I made my kid a seat for my bike so we go offroading together!! Yes I know very high tech....

43178461192_eff31f5d3d_z.jpg

1abv said:
42304429415_82f7b79bd2_z.jpg

I made my kid a seat for my bike so we go offroading together!! Yes I know very high tech....

43178461192_eff31f5d3d_z.jpg

Thats cool. Should have done that for my son when he was younger. I just used a towel.

bigbore said:
Rix said:
bigbore said:
This is what I expect from my new Bomber battery that I’ve been building

20S14P Sony VTC6 3120mAh
Nominal values 72V 43,68Ah 3145Wh

Expected Real life values 72V 35Ah 2515Wh
25Wh/Km expected 100Km
30Wh/Km expected 84Km
35Wh/Km expected 71Km
40Wh/Km expected 63Km

I think you are spot on with the estimates. That said, I found it was easy to average about 25wh/Mile when pedal assisting the bomber on flat ground and keeping speeds around 15MPH. I suspect the new battery would be good for close to 100 miles under these conditions, but damn it would be boring as hell to do that for 100 miles.

My new battery is ready and the first data I have is amazing :mrgreen: 105Km/h top speed and 104Km range :mrgreen:
5_CE2_A6_EC-48_F6-4_A90-8_B82-1284483_BCE0_C.jpg

1_DAEAC5_B-04_E0-4_DE6-836_F-_C441_C763827_B.jpg

77_AA5_D79-2_A82-4_C50-_B71_C-0_F66_FEA78_C5_A.jpg

Also I have 92% of nominal values at 40,3Ah 2894Wh :shock:

Great Job!
and Alex is a very good teacher !

Are you happy with VTC6 cells ? How much your battery pack sags when you are at the boost mode?
I am considering VTC5A cells for my next battery pack, I've read they have the smallest internal
resistance available for this capacity and they are voted as the best cells for 2018 for this combo power / capacity.

https://www.18650batterystore.com/Best-18650-Battery-Guide-s/142.htm

icherouveim said:
Great Job!

Are you happy with VTC6 cells ? How much your battery pack sags when you are at the boost mode?
I am considering VTC5A cells for my next battery pack, I've read they have the smallest internal
resistance available for this capacity and they are voted as the best cells for 2018 for this combo power / capacity.

Yes I'm super happy with VTC6 cells; now I have an e-bike that can outlast me :D
All depends on the peak and continuous current you want to pull from the single cells.
In my case I have 11.5A peak and 10.5A continuous so with these numbers I stay around 79V full throttle with the battery hot of charge.

This is a picture from the trip I made yesterday. In the background there is Livorno city and the sea.
20180708_104440.jpg

bigbore said:
icherouveim said:
Great Job!

Yes I'm super happy with VTC6 cells; now I have an e-bike that can outlast me :D
All depends on the peak and continuous current you want to pull from the single cells.
In my case I have 11.5A peak and 10.5A continuous so with these numbers I stay around 79V full throttle with the battery hot of charge.

This is a picture from the trip I made yesterday. In the background there is Livorno city and the sea.
20180708_104440.jpg

That means they are great cells! My 20S-9P battery pack when is charged at 82V (4.15V per cell)
it sags at about 72-74V with load 12,8A per cell.
Next time I will try Sony cells the only think I worry about is that Sony will sell the battery department to Murata
and We don't know if Murata will do the same good job.

EMP... Ebike Marketplace in Nevada is making bomber battery packs out of 21700 cell's. Anyone seen these yet?

https://ebikemarketplace.com/collections/lithium-batteries/products/72v-20-40ah-li-on-e-bike-battery-pack-for-stealth-bomber-electric-bike

EMP is using Samsung 48g.. LG M50.. also cell the call RPE sourced from China. They said the 48G and M50 are 3C the RPE is 9C. There packs are 72v
20ah up to 40ah. Don't know how many
Cells in parallel.

From the info I guess 20S8P that is about 11Kg battery if made with Samsung and LG cells because there I read: "Samsung and LG cell only available for 40Ah battery"
I guess it's a good stock Bomber replacement battery at 2.5K USD for the 40Ah type.

Here is a review of the Samsung INR21700-48G
https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Samsung%20INR21700-48G%204800mAh%20(Gray)%20UK.html

Then with these data:
Maximum Instantaneous discharging current Amperage of BMS (A): 160
Maximum continuous discharging current Amperage of BMS(A): 80

We have 20A peak current and 10A continuous current for each single cell and it seems they can leave with 10A continuous:

Samsung%20INR21700-48G%204800mAh%20(Gray)-Temp-10.0.png

Interesting is the voltage drop compared to Samsung 30Q:

But now we need some experts to find out if 21700 is better than 18650 in Wh/Kg :)

Here is the thread of these new battery: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=90515

Back