VESC and PAS

Iippa

10 µW
Hi,

I'm using VESC 4.12 to drive an outrunner motor. Currently, the setup is working great as I'm driving the motor with a throttle. I would like to get it to work with a pedal assist sensor however. Has anyone configured VESC to operate motor directly with PAS? If so which pins should it be connected? I believe the PAS sensor outputs sort of PPM signal so it should be possible to make it work with VESC.

check the VESC configuration tool just to make sure there are no pas options. (last time i checked there were not, but that`s a long time ago LOL)
or if you are comfortable writing firmware you could add it your self, but the Cycle analyst is by far the easiest option.

Definitely check if you can do it directly with the VESC. If your PAS puts out an analog signal, the VESC should work fine with it, because you can configure the analog inputs to match whatever signal you want, as long as it's within the 0-3.3V range that VESC can read.

PPM signals may work as well because VESC supports PPM signals like you would get from hobby RC stuff.

Dylandesmond said:
Works with servo motor tester
Could you post the details on your setup that's using a servo motor tester to convert pedals to a PAS signal to the VESC?

‎https://www.google.com/search?q=ebike+throttle+servo+motor&oq=Ebike+throttle+servo+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33.16178j0j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#scso=_JSUsXMzsBcOa8wWF-Ydg22:502

If its torque sensing that should be fine because itll do a analog voltage

otherwise its pulsing,,, if you're lucky it might match up, somehow i doubt it

ive only converted a torque sensing one, the servo tester just converts it into pulses for the esc to know what to do, i had mine setup as throttle and regen on the same throttle and the throttle would spring back to the middle, handy if you need to regen and hold both brake levers real tight for an emergency stop

thats one way,,,

Back