Sunra 3kW Motor and Sabvoton Controller

Jguest

10 mW
I am trying to pair a new Sabvoton controller with a Sunra Motor - the model no is XR3000W72V15008002.
The issue I am having is with pairing the hall sensors to the controller.
I have tried all combinations of hall phasing and motor phasing but it keeps failing.
When I rotate the wheel the hall status field varies from 0 to 7. I have read elsewhere that 0 and 7 are bad but I do not know why.
Has anyone got any suggestions for a workaround before I send the controller back?

Did you try the sabvoton self learning function?

Also I would check the Hall sensors on that Motor first.

Yes self learning kept failing, just got a hall sensor tester today. So will see what that shows up

Hall sensor tester shows all sensors are fine but there is a position where they are all off which is corrrct according to the tester documents

I'm pretty sure it's a 60 degree hall setup.

Can you switch to 60 degree hall sensors in the programm?

Give that a try.

pola%2Bhall.jpg

yes i have set it as a 60 deg setup - the test gear shows it as a 60 deg and the oem controller indicates 60 degs.
Do you suggest set the software to 60 then swap hall sensor signals and motor phase signals until I get a working set up and ignore the hall sensor setup?

I guess you could try swapping around the wires too.

I'm not sure you did it like I imagined it though, correct me if I'm wrong.

What I meant is to set it to 60deg in the debug tab of the software, and then run auto identify.

I think I tried that also - but I will give it a go. I was of the understanding that the software debug calculated the phase angle but I will have another go with my new knowledge.

Could you let us know here how it turns out? I am interested bc My XPh accelerated on it's own and is still acting up and I am wondering if the Halls have something to do with that? Cheers...

Tried various combinations of hall angle - still no joy. Getting really annoyed with it!

Got it working by moving the hall sensors. Though now seems to max out at 300rpm, which is only 25km/h

Jguest said:
Got it working by moving the hall sensors. Though now seems to max out at 300rpm, which is only 25km/h

Hey,
How did you move the hall sensor ?
i have the same problem with my Sunra Hawk. Actually sunra motors have 60° hall angle model, but sabvoton has 120°.
I don't know if we can change that the angle of sabvoton to 60° but i've tried to change the motor's angle electrically with a Not gate (easier to understand here : https://community.parker.com/technologies/electromechanical-group/w/electromechanical-knowledge-base/174/hall-sensors-60-vs-120degrees ) and it still not working !
another way to switch hall from 60 to 120 is when you inverse one of halls mechanically by turning it upside down but it needs to disassembly the motor and i don't know what material is used to waterproof it when closing.

I moved my hall sensors in see photo. I connected them back to the pcb using thin wire. No issues with water ingress. Small layer of gasket sealant between the cover and the motor.

Jguest said:
I moved my hall sensors in see photo. I connected them back to the pcb using thin wire. No issues with water ingress. Small layer of gasket sealant between the cover and the motor.

Sorry, didn't see your reply :/
I've abandoned the project for a while till last week.
i gave it another shot and magically it works !!
because of the mini circuit (not gate) that i've used to convert one of the hall signals, the wire was interrupted by the circuit, so the signal wire coming from the hall sensor has not any "pull-up resistor" any more (which is situated in the controller) and by just adding this resistor between VCC (+5V) and the signal wire from the input side of not gate the sabvoton succeed the Hall test !
(photo of my not gate in attachements)

Now my motor is running and i have all the features of sabvoton but there is only one problem which is annoying actually :(
my speedometer is not working correctly. the speed is stuck between 0 and 2 Km/h. i've checked the signal coming out of the controller with a DC multimeter and it's about 3V when motor is not running, and it decreases as the motor is spinning until 1.2V
I've searched all over the web to Know the type of speed signal but i have no other informations than it's a square signal buffered from hall sensors within the controller.
any one had this problem or have an idea to advise me about what to do ?
Thanks in advance ^^

Attachments

• 175192230_299090471828125_8542428092625619189_n.jpg
    175192230_299090471828125_8542428092625619189_n.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 917
me too don't know what connect to speed yellow wire:

Attachments

• IMG_20210714_154957.jpg
    IMG_20210714_154957.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_20210714_154933.jpg
    IMG_20210714_154933.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 628
minde28383 said:
me too don't know what connect to speed yellow wire:

I found how to do it.
For your display it depends on the type of speed signal treatment. You have to ask the supplier because some displays take phase signal which is any of the phase wires, other displays take hall signal from any of hall wires which is more accurate.

Back