Noob Looking for help With locating limiter/governor

SplitPolygon

1 µW
Hey i recently purchased a Motorino XMb and was trying to find the wire to unplug for the limiter
/governor, i took the side panel off and finally realized i was a bit over my head.

Motor
12” MOTORINO CCT 500W 72V high-torque three-phase AC permanent-magnet brushless

Motor Controller
MOTORINO CCT Sine-Wave controller with regenerative braking and cruise control

Attachments

• wires_01.jpg
    wires_01.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,165
  • wires_02.jpg
    wires_02.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,165
  • wires_03.jpg
    wires_03.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,165
  • wires_04.jpg
    wires_04.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,165
  • wires_05.jpg
    wires_05.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,165
Seems that the controller has labeled wires, which should make things easier.

Based on my experience there are three ways that those cheap Generic Controllers limit speed.

1. Two wires that are usually the same color plugged into each other.
2. A three wire plug like on the throttle that translates to 3 speeds.
3. Using a low Volt Battery, like running a Motor that would normally run 30mph on 48V, but instead running it on only 24V.

So if it isn't the Battery, try to find a plug that says three speed or low speed.

eee291 said:
Seems that the controller has labeled wires, which should make things easier.

Based on my experience there are three ways that those cheap Generic Controllers limit speed.

1. Two wires that are usually the same color plugged into each other.
2. A three wire plug like on the throttle that translates to 3 speeds.
3. Using a low Volt Battery, like running a Motor that would normally run 30mph on 48V, but instead running it on only 24V.

So if it isn't the Battery, try to find a plug that says three speed or low speed.

Thanks for the reply.
My battery is 72v so i think its safe to eliminate that option.
I couldnt find a single wire connecting to itself, i'll give it another look.
The three wire plug; do i just disconnect that or is that the wrong approach?

The three wire plug (assuming you don't confuse it with the throttle one) has a common wire, here are the modes:

1. Unplugged, 80% (or 100% if it has field weakening)
2. Middle wire shorted to one wire, (of the same plug) 50% or less
3. Middle wire shorted to the other wire, 100% (or 120% if it has field weakening)

LOL

Well mines messy too, and right now I have electrical tape on twisted wire for the sensor wires.

Hey, I could upgrade to heat shrink but thats too much work to walk down stairs, find scissors and heat shrink and Bic lighter or BBQ butane lighter.

Solder, well yeah I could, but thats too much work. Have to get the iron and solder out, wire strippers.

Hi Noob, My XPh has black/white wire loop which is the limiter. It was actually hanging underneath and could be seen from the side. I just spent the day testing my XPh with the Chinese e-car tester and 99% sure my controller is toast. That's a relief for me bc my bike has been sitting for almost 4 years. So I NEED a controller if anyjuan has one?!? I am in BC. Good luck! :)

Back