E.S. Quotable Quotes !

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93103#p1362463

Drunkskunk said:
In my head, I associate the term "Discount Lipo" with terms like "Discount Condoms", or "Discount Parachute." It just doesn't seem like a good idea.

now THIS is the way to think about it . ;)

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1374198#p1374198

MattsAwesomeStuff said:
When people complain about not having the right tools, or not knowing how to machine things, or how expensive it is... I drown your complaints with this splined shaft coupler I made on my first attempt with a rusty hacksaw in a back alley. Just try harder.

liveforphysics said:
. . . . inspired by watching them do 100mph+ wheelies down the straights as a reasonable mans motorcycle should do.

Hehe... Unfortunately (?), no longer relevant in a 21st-century urban environment featuring "slow(er) speeds" and "short(er)" distances...

:wink:

Which has nothing to do with a racetrack, which is what Liveforphysics was referring to.

And the "21st century environment" hasn't changed from the previous century; street speeds are just as fast or faster, and distances are the same (if not longer).

Would be nice if it was different, but it's not.

Hehe... Whereas, in first post in this thread:
This place is getting popular enough, alot of comedians on here.. ( gotta have a sense of humor to ride an electric bike .. just comes natual for some !) This thread is dedicated to the Notable Quotes that come and go on our daily discussions....
:wink:

I think he was just musing over the lost days. I think about the moonshiners, the moonrunners. In the 1930's you could buy (At least most of) a Model T out of someones' yard for $10 and get to work hotrodding it to out run the little 4 bangers the local sheriffs were going to chase you with even when you were carrying an extra 2-4,000 pounds in alcohol. "Rapid Roy" Hall would race under an assumed name because they were after him, he'd run right at the roadblock to scatter the cops and use the parking brake to turn the car around in a powerslide and take off. By the time the deputies were in their cars it as too late. But he wasn't just a moonrunner, he did 3 years for bank robbery. What a scamp, eh?

Today, damn, you can't hardly find a place to GO 100mph, let alone wheelie. Most people can't afford a track day.

^^ Hehe... "lost days"...
... and in "today, damn, you can't hardly find a place to GO 100mph"...

So. Why would anybuddy (in a 21st-century, "urban" world) be interested in 1000mph?

;)

Because a must have is a must have. Like these women in these movies and TV shows. You KNOW what a pain they'd be in real life. Couldn't afford them anyway. So why are so many of these guys pining away? 'Cause they still just gotta have it. . . .

^^ Hehe... At least we might agree that 1000 miles per hour may be "too fast"... Laws in Canada limit electric bike motors to 32kmh continuous... ie 20 miles per hour max. ... continuous... (MUCH "faster" than most urban average speeds in "rush hour"... watt tends to go on all day long...) :wink:

someone said you should have your own section

Surely you gest Sir. Some loser here actually said this?

Dauntless said:
Today, damn, you can't hardly find a place to GO 100mph, let alone wheelie. Most people can't afford a track day.

Respectfully sir, I enjoy traveling >115mph daily commuting in LA freeways by modified DSR. If it's late at night (lower traffic speed differential to split lanes)I cruise the whole 25miles at >110mph.

That said, my bike becomes really hard to wheelie above 50-60mph depending on SOC, and a motorcycle isn't at adequate power yet until a twist of the throttle at any speed results in flipping over or breaking the tire loose.

Dauntless said:
rumme said:
Ill be damn, that may be the problem. I always though the tv shows were factual.[/quote}

Well, it would be a bit more accurate , if you reposted it in its entirety , here it is :

" Ill be damn, that may be the problem. I always though the tv shows were factual. :roll: "

That lil dude at the end of the sentence, rolling his eyes, adds a bit more insight into the quote and its satire nature.

Back