Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Here is a 100% copy of the standard engine guard but made in steel! The weight is 700grams.

Its currently being powder coated in black so it will look exactly the same as the original one. :D

If anyone is interested to get one just send me a PM.

[youtube]HfL7o6s1Ldg[/youtube]

fasjohnny said:
Here is a 100% copy of the standard engine guard but made in steel! The weight is 700grams.

Its currently being powder coated in black so it will look exactly the same as the original one. :D

If anyone is interested to get one just send me a PM.

[youtube]HfL7o6s1Ldg[/youtube]

Looks tough!

racingame said:
No black rough coating? You got the unrefined product straight from factory?

"Its currently being powder coated in black so it will look exactly the same as the original one."

I have posted my personal experience and changes with my Sur Ron along with a review of the Fisher FabHouse Ultra 3200 lumen LED headlight.
http://www.markkitaoka.com/latest-news/sur-ron-light-bee-review-imported-by-luna-cycle/
http://www.markkitaoka.com/latest-news/fisher-fab-house-ultra-headlight-sur-ron-12v-version/

Have around 175miles on my Firefly. Have enjoyed it, the bit that I've used it.

So, do we know if we're going to get the X-version with its sine wave controller in the US through Luna with certainty? Time frame?

RemoteRoad said:

So, do we know if we're going to get the X-version with its sine wave controller in the US through Luna with certainty? Time frame?

from what I've seen so far, Sur-ron model X is only available from dealers in China (for now?) ..

kitaoka said:
I have posted my personal experience and changes with my Sur Ron along with a review of the Fisher FabHouse Ultra 3200 lumen LED headlight.
http://www.markkitaoka.com/latest-news/sur-ron-light-bee-review-imported-by-luna-cycle/
http://www.markkitaoka.com/latest-news/fisher-fab-house-ultra-headlight-sur-ron-12v-version/

Just read your post, very nice review and outline of the mods you made to your Sur-Ron. Don't be afraid to post those details here. Its what this thread is for.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
RemoteRoad said:

from what I've seen so far, Sur-ron model X is only available from dealers in China (for now?) ..

Aebikes.com.au has managed to order sine wave controllers as spare parts, and is currently waiting on confirmation for ordering sine wave controller fitted bikes.

kitaoka said:

Thanks for sharing this. I bought a Thule bike rack as well (mines a 925) but did struggle a bit to get the Light Bee on. Your comment on removing the battery when the Bee is being put up and on the rack was a f**k me moment, so obvious!! So why didn't I think of it. Doh! Anyway thanks for the tip. Keen to get out and riding trails.

Aebrennan said:
Aebikes.com.au has managed to order sine wave controllers as spare parts, and is currently waiting on confirmation for ordering sine wave controller fitted bikes.

Very nice! Thanks a lot! How solid are the reports on lower drivetrain noise (how much lower?) and increased power from the new controller? Any of the other changes confirmed?

RemoteRoad said:
Aebrennan said:

Very nice! Thanks a lot! How solid are the reports on lower drivetrain noise (how much lower?) and increased power from the new controller? Any of the other changes confirmed?

a few pages back, Allex confirmed the new controller increased out put power quite a bit.

Does anyone know the HVC of the stock controller? it's happy with 16s, but will it take 18s, 20s? I dont want to start upping the voltage until I see the magic smoke...

Also,l wonder the same about the new SW controller.. I have way too many 5 and 6s lipos laying around.

stonezone said:
Does anyone know the HVC of the stock controller? it's happy with 16s, but will it take 18s, 20s? I dont want to start upping the voltage until I see the magic smoke...

Also,l wonder the same about the new SW controller.. I have way too many 5 and 6s lipos laying around.

I was wondering how Luna is pushing a claimed 700 amps in their Sur Ron test bike. It wouldn't be possible with Li-ion. I'm guessing they swapped out the battery for LiPos and a different controller.

i know initially they modified the BMS (in this thread) and used the ASI controller. figure still same asi controller plus maybe a battery upgrade? Amazing that the motor can handle (well, almost could... wonder if they figured out if it was the phase or not)...

Im waiting on the new controller, and really have been enjoying having something stock for a change, otherwise i'd have swapped the controller a while back... the initial power fresh off the charger is nice, add few more V and i'm a happy camper. I also think I can feel a bit more torque running the multistars vs the stock pack but I cant honestly say for sure. seems like the wheel comes up easier, thats my duno.

n2mb said:
I was wondering how Luna is pushing a claimed 700 amps in their Sur Ron test bike. It wouldn't be possible with Li-ion. I'm guessing they swapped out the battery for LiPos and a different controller.

They were not using the stock battery. I'm not sure what it was, but it was made for high discharge rate and was sagging quite a bit.

fechter said:
n2mb said:

They were not using the stock battery. I'm not sure what it was, but it was made for high discharge rate and was sagging quite a bit.

At first they used same pack design but with 30Q cells (which was sagging too much), and later they were using LiPos from what i know.

Allex said:
Allex said:
[youtube]ySQZXUsIqJ8[/youtube]

Just to show you guys what this hill is about, I made a clip with other hub motorised bikes for comparison, maybe its easier to see how tough it is for a hub motor in this particular terrain. I was actually a bit surprised that they did not handle it...
It also shows how much effective the sur-ron is with its setup, kinda blown away how good it is :mrgreen:

[youtube]r39lqNSmcio[/youtube]

New video with the updated controller, same hill. You can see how much faster she climbs at 2:00. Will prolly do a third one with a max-e and mxus3k, same hill. But that is not until the end of the summer.
[youtube]sqmRUb1B4WM[/youtube]

Allex said:
New video with the updated controller, same hill. You can see how much faster she climbs at 2:00. Will prolly do a third one with a max-e and mxus3k, same hill. But that is not until the end of the summer.
[youtube]sqmRUb1B4WM[/youtube]

Post this on the endless sphere facebook group, I wanna see the hub guys go insane over it. :lol: :lol:

They will just claim that their bikes can do this - no prob!
Thing is, this is not just any hill, it is one with very loose surface and you have to start right at the foot of the incline, not attacking it from high speed. Cuz, any bike can do a 30 degree hill if it is hard packed dirt and you attack it with some speed.

the good side of hub drive is the top high speed and quietness
pure off road mid drive wins :D

Allex said:
Well, it already does 80km/h on 16s(16!!!) with new controller. But yeah, the noise is the only negative aspect of the machine.

That's interesting. 50 mph On the stock gear ratio?

Back