N.E.S.E. the no solder module

Wow. I am really impressed by this project . Congrats to Agniusm.

I think i will give it a try.
Are there any DIY solution for the copper tabs ?

Thank you. You could try and make them, possible, but its a lot of work and it wont give you same consistency of punched parts where every single one of them made is the same.

Some news. I am working on fused powerbank solution (powerwall). Designed mudules are 5 slot, 10 parallel cells. Fuses are per 2P cells.
The design utilizes same tabs and compression method. Cell placement is somewhat different, same as rounds loaded into gun clip. Here is a rough video on the prototype,1S20P:

[youtube]NreICu4gYaE[/youtube]

I have new addition to the family, 2S4P bricks:

xEXxwOy.jpg

hT2uMzN.jpg

Wy9GvKz.jpg

I might have 2S3P as well. Ring lugs now available in the shop as well.

7 days for delivery to UK, great service. Just to confirm, the 4p module download is the "v2"?

I really like the contacts at all four corners. This adds a lot of flexibility to the pack-building.

There is also an argument for sub-packs to be built with "intuitive current sharing" which was promoted by Doctor Bass. I'm not saying that this is the best way for me, or even a good way for anyone. I just like that this option provides a choice.

nathan89 said:
7 days for delivery to UK, great service. Just to confirm, the 4p module download is the "v2"?
Nathan, all files are updated and should be most recent unless i have an error somewhere :)

I would like to point out that...most battery pack builders using the 18650 format are focused on the 3.6V nominal NCA / NCM chemistry. However, the 18650 Format cell is available in the LiFePO4 chemistry which is a nominal 3.2V. So...why is this data useful?

Depending on what you plan to do with a given battery pack, a 12V component replacement might work with a 3S or 4S NCA / NCM chemistry. You must do your home work to research and ensure your building plan is good. However, the 3.2V nominal LiFePO4 chemistry is just about perfect for a 12V replacement when using very common and affordable components.

If I was building a 24V pack, I would not hesitate to use NCA / NCM 18650's in a 7S configuration, and for 48V, many pack builders have achieved good results with 14S 18650's. But for 12V?...4S LiFePO4 is a GREAT option to consider...

https://www.batteryspace.com/A123-S...PO4-18650-Rechargeable-Cell-3.2V-1100mAh.aspx

I have assembled some of the old stock in bulks with 40% discount.
1 set 3 x 2S4P with 2 extra lids
1 set 4 x 2S4P with 3 extra lid
1 set 3 x 8P
1 set 2 x 5P
http://18650.lt/index.php/product-category/discounted/

Ha. I can tell you its not working in slicer :D on the base, lips are missing. They are to thin for such large nozzle.
Would be interesting to see outcome. A creator from muve3d got a kit. He said he will try to print the case with sla printer. That should be interesting

Hey agniusm,

Printed the first of 10, 8p nese modules for a friend Joel's scott ransom 10 carbon duel hub bike last night. took about 8 hours.

This is going to spur me to build an heatproof enclosure and put my anet a8 outside in the office/garage. The wife will be pleased. Anyway for a first print following your settings advice in cura for petg the thing has come out ok. Think I need to borrow a second printer to get this done though since it will take at least a fortnight at this rate. ( I wont leave my printer on in the house without me there, but the office is detached so that should be ok)

will post results when I'm done. :D

The other idea I had was to collect a shit ton of hdpe type2 plastic from milk bottles and melt into rectangle block then use my mpcnc to mill out the block using this design. Might actually be quicker than printing.

Interesting. I hope no one will try to print them with carbon fiber fillament :)
I would be curious of the outcome milling it out of the block. The shape of the enclosure i quiet complex.
I was looking into injection molding but all the requirements for draft angles and opening makes it impossible.
I am thinking of building a 3d printer cluster starting with 9 printers, later cartesian robot to swap build plates for production with posibility to scale it up another 3 times so its 36 printers. Looking into buying refrigerator shipping container for that.

or build one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeVeyUas5vU

The idea is good but in practice is very awkward. When you play with 20um differnces setting up 4 nozzles to be at the same height is very difficult. Also on that setup you have very large mass moving. Stopping that mass causes ringing. You can see it in the video even when he goes that slow. I am looking into cartesian system, although same disadvantage, the mass is far less and the reason behind is pricing. You can get 230x230 build space for 160eur. Invest 100eur for better component upgrades and 10 printers cost 2600eur producing 10 8P modules per 8 hours, 24 per day, 720 per month.

I also saw some sla printers coming on the market looking on banggood.com
the smallest at £207 was big enough to produce the 6p module

The larger ones at £450 flying bear brand had 30mm/h and a build volume of 68x120x210 which means you could do 3x 8p modules (with a 1mm gap between them) at a time.

Albeit the uv resin costs more than the filament but they will be better quality and be totally water proof. plus it should be

about 6 times the speed if you cram them in.

maybe worth experimenting with at the very least.

I totally understand what you mean about the moving mass. One guy on mpcnc forum has done a cage like thing
https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/quad-mpcnc-4-mpcncs-stacked-vertically/
kVCEiZcSaKO9jIKolLX6A.jpg

very cool but needs more steppers but saves a lot of space. actually doing battery building too so very relevant here.

I think the benefit here is you could set it off to do one at a time and have it print all day without you having to take things of build plates for the next print.

SLA eould be fantastic if not the material price and the mess. I have a customer who is creator of muve3d.
Tje thing with sla is that it might be possible to print in other orientation with a footprint of 22x74. This would allow to fit a lot of modules on a smallest machines. Sla most of the time have good z height and most would do full range.
Dean @muve3d will print one of my modules at some point.

I received 12 8P modules recently. They look very good, and shipping to the Chicago area took less than a week. I'm planning on using copper interconnects. I'll use a low power ebay BMS for charging / balance. I see 100A peaks so I will bypass the discharge protection as the low voltage cutoff is handled by both the controller the Cycle Analyst.

Here are the 8P modules and my first pass at the interconnects. Yes, they need trimming...

18650_pack.jpg

Warren

Back