Model 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arlo1 said:
recumpence said:
If you look at 0 to 60 mph hp calculators, moving 4,000 pounds from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds requires 400hp.

Yeah those are based on ICE. You really need to work the math from scratch.

Understood. But I find it an interesting fact. Thrust is thrust, power required to move an object is constant.

I think Its because they add calculations for a round HP and Round torque curve

Oh I know it is they are amazing cars with low CG super happy to be getting one very soon.

Arlo1 said:
MitchJi said:
Arlo1 said:
The OEM shocks and springs have changed since the start of production because many complained about a rough ride. Later maybe next year there will be a air suspension option
Yes there will be an air suspension option I’m 2019. But in the US the full tax credit expires in 2018, which means that air suspension would cost us at least an additional $3750.

No no
they have updates the Coil type suspension that is going out on the cars delivered right now. People complained about the ride being choppy so they upgraded the suspension with better springs and might even have changed the dampening.
I know about both the spring change and the dampening change which came later but Elon said that air suspension is coming in 2019.
As for the TAX credit. They will produce 1.5 years of cars with the tax credit starting in the 1/4 they hit 200,000 cars.
So 6 months at 100% credit 6 months at 50% and 6 months at 25%.
So since they’re planning to hit 200k cars in early July that means that waiting for air until 2019 would cost us $3,750. I don’t know what are you disagreeing with?
Arlo1 said:
Oh I know it is they are amazing cars with low CG super happy to be getting one very soon.
I’m very happy to be getting one soon as well but I’m also waiting for the TSLA SP to hit $360-$450, which will happen by September or December. We are so leveraged that on the big increase yesterday the value of our portfolio recovered $95k in value .

MitchJi said:
Arlo1 said:
MitchJi said:
Arlo1 said:
The OEM shocks and springs have changed since the start of production because many complained about a rough ride. Later maybe next year there will be a air suspension option
Yes there will be an air suspension option I’m 2019. But in the US the full tax credit expires in 2018, which means that air suspension would cost us at least an additional $3750.

No no
they have updates the Coil type suspension that is going out on the cars delivered right now. People complained about the ride being choppy so they upgraded the suspension with better springs and might even have changed the dampening.
I know about both the spring change and the dampening change which came later but Elon said that air suspension is coming in 2019.
As for the TAX credit. They will produce 1.5 years of cars with the tax credit starting in the 1/4 they hit 200,000 cars.
So 6 months at 100% credit 6 months at 50% and 6 months at 25%.
So since they’re planning to hit 200k cars in early July that means that waiting for air until 2019 would cost us $3,750. I don’t know what are you disagreeing with?
Arlo1 said:
I’m very happy to be getting one soon as well but I’m also waiting for the TSLA SP to hit $360-$450, which will happen by September or December. We are so leveraged that on the big increase yesterday the value of our portfolio recovered $95k in value .

Was thinking you thought the changes in suspension was going to be the air suspension.

Not trying to dissagre we just don't know when air suspension will come and when the 200k units will be hit.

I was not trying to dissagre we just don't know when air suspension will come and when the 200k units will be hit.
I think Elon said 2019 for the air suspension.

I believe it’s clear that Tesla is planning to hit the 200k deadline in early July. We’ll know if I’m correct in a few weeks.

Glad to hear it.

Hopefully next Saturday I will be puting the car up on a lift and removing the lower aero-panels under the car along with the frunk liner for an in-depth "Under the skin" video. I also plan a small supplemental video of the various nooks and crannies of the car. I will get up close inside the door hinge areas, under the dash, into the air vents, behind the wheels, etc. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, what I wanted to see were these odd areas and there is precious little on the Web showing them.

Matt

I think that a video about diy paint protection films and diy ceramic coatings would be popular.

I liked your cool screen video but I believe that a ridgid cover close the the back and over the top edge with space for air circulation would work better.

MitchJi said:
I think that a video about diy paint protection films and diy ceramic coatings would be popular.

I liked your cool screen video but I believe that a ridgid cover close the the back and over the top edge with space for air circulation would work better.

I agree about a rigid cover with air movement space. I have considered that too.

As for soft covers, thicker is better for keeping the screen cool from my testing (two layers of that same towel are more affective than one). So, our next prototype will use fleece on the inside with fabric on the outside and embroidery on the front.

My wife is already looking for a decent option to get the embroidering done. This is the first invention of mine that she has shown an interest in.

Oh, I am earning $10 per day on my channel from these Model 3 videos. My goal is to cover the cost of the car (monthly) by the end of the year. I am 40% of the way to that goal in the 6 weeks I have been posting videos of my car. :mrgreen:

Matt

recumpence said:
Oh, I am earning $10 per day on my channel from these Model 3 videos. My goal is to cover the cost of the car (monthly) by the end of the year. I am 40% of the way to that goal in the 6 weeks I have been posting videos of my car. :mrgreen:

Matt
Congratulations! Great news!

MitchJi said:
I was not trying to dissagre we just don't know when air suspension will come and when the 200k units will be hit.
I believe it’s clear that Tesla is planning to hit the 200k deadline in early July. We’ll know if I’m correct in a few weeks.
I was correct:
https://electrek.co/2018/07/12/tesla-tsla-federal-tax-credit-threshold/
After refusing to confirm the timing of the federal tax credit phase-out for months, Tesla has now confirmed that it has hit the 200,000th US delivery threshold, which triggered the phase-out period.

Tesla buyers will lose the full $7,500 credit by the end of the year unless the law is changed, hitting $3750 for the first half of 2019 and $1875 in the second half of 2019.

recumpence said:

Matt

Interesting. I wish you the best. We got a dedicated Tesla owner here in Norway that really made a lot of videos on youtube. I am sure you have seen those? https://www.youtube.com/user/bjornnyland/videos

Not to mention he got model X for free from Tesla as the referer that got most buyers to purchase a Tesla via his link. Pretty cool.

What kind of Tesla payments do you have monthly if I may ask? And what kind of numbers of views do need to get those coverd by your youtube videos?

macribs said:
Interesting. I wish you the best. We got a dedicated Tesla owner here in Norway that really made a lot of videos on youtube. I am sure you have seen those? https://www.youtube.com/user/bjornnyland/videos

Not to mention he got model X for free from Tesla as the referer that got most buyers to purchase a Tesla via his link. Pretty cool.
Did he win a free second generation Roadster?

macribs said:
recumpence said:

Matt

What kind of Tesla payments do you have monthly if I may ask? And what kind of numbers of views do need to get those coverd by your youtube videos?

Byorn actually won a Model X and TWO Model S!

I put $10,000 down on the car and my payment is $776 for 6 years. NOT a cheap car! However, at this point, my channel is growing like crazy. I am making $35 per day. Assuming this continues, that makes my car more than free (at least for the time being)!

Matt

MitchJi said:
Did he win a free second generation Roadster?

I don't know if Tesla yet has started a contest yet for the new roadster yet, but if so I am sure that Tesla Bjørn as he is known in Norway is already working hard to promote Tesla in general and the new roadster as well. I am sure he will give it his best to win yet another one. And the new roadster will be special. A true dream car.

To the mods it would be a wise feature to allow the owner of the OP to remove any unwanted and unrelavent posts as they see fit in their thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back