New sabvoton user. regen wiring help please

Djhandz

100 mW
Hi guys need a little help. Just installed a new 72150 and can not find the correct wiring for the regen. I have a thumb throttle which I would like to use for varible regen. I have already tried connecting the thumb throttle to the 3 wires you see cut in the pic and the throttle worked as a normal throttle along with my other normal throttle so I had 2 throttles and no regen. I believe it's something to do with a purple wire that I may need to connect to battery +. If you look at my pic you will see 2x 2 wire plugs with purple and black wires. I don't see any reference to these on there site so struggling what these are for. My sabvoton came with the ca plug and external shunt. Please see attached image I would be there great full if someone can help me out with wiring and software settings thankyou

The wires in the pic show what is left with everything else connected apart from the thump throttle
Ca v3
Sabvoton 72150 with ca plug
Mxus 3k

Its the exact same thing with the Bms battery Controllers, it has optional two wire break or 3 wires. You should check with a voltmeter which one i B- and which one is the signal wire. its probably the black one and the purple one is most likely signal. But if you want to make sure then It's pretty simple really, take a voltmeter and put it in continuity mode and check which of the two wires cause a beep when touched with B-. the other one should be the signal.

Also I'm pretty sure it needs +5V not B+, so you just have to take 5V from the throttle and split a wire to your other throttle which you use for braking.

And then you may or may not have to programm some settings on your PC

I never had Sabvoton which has CA wiring.
First thing I would ask person who sold you the controller for the wiring diagram for your Sabvoton.
Not all Sabvotons have option (older/previous versions) to connect second throttle for variable regen.

If you can't find the diagram for your Sabvoton with CA wiring then I'll find it, but I think you will find it.

Her is how looks Sabvoton 2.8-3Y connectors which is made for two throttles:

Attachments

• 2 thrott.JPG
    2 thrott.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 4,432
Is it diagram for you controller with CA?
If colors correspond then it might be.
Also something needs to be changed in controller application on computer.

Attachments

• CA.JPG
    CA.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 4,430
minde28383 said:
Is it diagram for you controller with CA?
If colors correspond then it might be.
Also something needs to be changed in controller application on computer.
Hey thanks dude. Yes that is similar to mine but mine only came with one 3 wire throttle which is the one I cut shown in my picture and is red black Grey.

I don't have the red black brown throttle?
Plus I don't see the the purple/black connectors from my pic in the wiring diagram?

I got my controller here
https://www.cloudsto.com/store/andy-kirby-e-bike/sabvoton-72v-100a-sinewave-controller-372-detail.html

Thanks for your responses guys much appreciated

Purple/black connectors from your pic of your controller must be for motor cut off (high brake). When you push/pull brake handle motor cuts off.
I think this purple wire in your picture is the same purple wire in the diagram I sent. It only has different connectors, but it is meant to cut off motor when brake lever is pulled (high brake).
I doubt that you will be able to connect second throttle for variable regen. Unless there wouod be some knowledgable person who could take apart controller and resolder required wires but than again we don't know if your controller is programmed for second throttle.

Btw if you require Bluetooth module I have few modules for sale. You can program controller from Android phone. I would sell it for ~28quids including shipping.

Thanks guys. And also eee291 it's like what you have both suggested. I got in touch with dealer and he rapidly got in touch with his people in China and came back to me with this

All you do is connect the switches on the brake levers to the purple and black wires, you can actually connect the brake lever wires together in parallel and then connect them to the purple and black wires.

Then enable the Ebrake setting in the Bluetooth app, it should be enabled already but adjust the current to suit your battery...

I will try this later. Must say the support I have received from cloudsto has been great and from you guys here thankyou will report my findings later

There's no need to connect the levers in parallel first; you already have a parallel connection in the purple/black wires at the two connectors. ;) One lever goes to each plug on that cable.

minde28383 said:
Here you go:
What you think if i connect to brake lever sensor (black, red)
1 wire to 5v ebrake throttle
2 0-5v ebrake signal -brown together with ebrake high -purple (on my cable is marked as 12v ebrake)

I will give it try. I dont think there is always time to think about pushing brake lever and variable brake throttle at the same time. Want something that will always brake in any case happend.
BTW don't know why but when i tried use 5v ebrake- red to 0-5v ebrake signal- brown motor was braking but strong shaking. At the same time i was able to add throttle while braking but just it made more shake. I have unlocked 72150. Maybe there is some crush in program.

I did with 12v on ebrake and connected by cables 5v to 0-5v signal but it was kind of shaky. Less than without ebrake but still.

Guess it worked since he hasn't come back.. People tend to only reach out when they have issues, and never come back with the sollution once they find it.

I just got a Sabvoton Sinewave 72/80 and my ebrake is working but it only shuts of the motor, it doesn’t activate regen. I have it turned on and my QS motor has regen. The controller has a wire harness with Higo connectors, so I’m not really looking to wire anything from the motor or strip the harness at all. I think it’s just an issue with the settings. Any advice?

Thanks!

Yes, probably issue with some settings.
"QS motor has regen", well usually we say that controller has regen, not motor.

minde28383 said:
Yes, probably issue with some settings.
"QS motor has regen", well usually we say that controller has regen, not motor.

What I mean is that the motor is capable of regen and has the necessary wires already installed. Some motors can’t do that, even if the controller has the option, which is why I’m clarifying. The controller has it too of course, and I’m wondering if anyone has any advice as to what the settings need to be to allow the function to work correctly. A pic would be greatly appreciated.

@ djhandz
Hows it going ? Just in the process of wiring up 72150 and 750c display . Would you be able to post a pic here of how you wired thiese two together with the shunt ?
Thanks
GOTL

GOTL said:
@ djhandz
Hows it going ? Just in the process of wiring up 72150 and 750c display . Would you be able to post a pic here of how you wired thiese two together with the shunt ?
Thanks
GOTL
That would be awesome, I have the same problem with the 72200 and 750c :thumb:

Back