NEED HELP! New ebike build questions

tbraysfan11

1 µW
So I really need some help and information. I just built my first ebike last weekend. I bought an ebikeling 1500w rear hub kit. Paired it with a luna cycle 48v 24ah Panasonic battery. Controller is supposed to be 35 amp. My questions are, why does the sw900 display only let me go between 1 and 20 amps and even set at 20 amps when at full throttle even from dead stop the most watts the sw900 says is like 700 watts. Why isn't it getting close to 1500watts? Another question is if the problem is the controller, if i replaced it is my motor compatible with an em3ev controller and would it even make a difference. With my current set up i can get to 30mph but not much torque at all. Im 200 lbs btw

Have you asked using the contact email on ebikeling's website? HE has gotten back to me on my SW900 queries, although the answer didn't help. I don't feel the SW900 is a very good control unit. I junked mine along with the controller.

By the way, isn't the watt display only 3 digits? How would it go over 999?

Yes your correct its only 3 digits but still should show more watt usage than 700. Tried to talk to ebikeling but the guy doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground. He couldnt even tell me any specs on his own controllers hes selling

Em3ev , from what I see on the website only sells Geared Hub Motors
However
A ( Senseless ) Controller from them should work.

Grin Technologies ... http://www.ebikes.ca/ , sells both geared and DD hub motors , which is what yours looks like. They have the expertise to make most everything work. ( They are Electrical and Mechanical Engineer's )

Both Companies are very well recommended , by many people here on E.S. myself Included .

I might be a little late to the party but i would like to add that your motor isn't the issue here. A 1500w motor might aswell be a 1000 or a 2000W motor. You can technicly pump any current trough any motor. The smaller ones just heat up quick and burn down.

I'd suggest a controller without display, those are the simplest to setup and they don't require a special display to match that specific controller. Most controllers need a specific display to work, if the display would die due to water damage you're down 25+ bucks.

I'm currently messing with some higher tier stuff which is a 5000w hub motor and a 150 amp sabvoton controller. These 'just work' on the basics and for the more advanced things it's a bit of messing around to get going.

I have an ebikeling 1500w rear hub kit. My sw900 display never even says 1000 watts, but my bluetooth smart BMS says 1500+ watts. My 35mph top speed (on a 14s 52v battery) also points towards it being a genuine 1500 watts.

Back