bought 3 batteres. Shows 3,58V on every 4p. Scam?

qepasa

10 µW
Hi friends.
Last week i bought 3 batteries 10s4p. LG MJ1.
On every 4p it measures 3,58V.

Seller said that batteries are new unused, and that every cell got 3,6v as should be.
Why i got 3,58v?
is it because it waited on shelf and self discharge happened?
Or is it because they were used the same way all 3 and now they got same number of cycles?

Or maybe something different?
Should i return that? it wasn't cheap, and i don't feel like it was a great offer. Should i return them to seller?
I do not have BMS and charger yet to charge them and check.

How are you measuring the cells? Why are you measuring 4s?
Measure each cell individually and write down all the individual cells (not the aggregate)
3.58v could be an individual cell V they were shipped at, are you sure you're not making a mistake somehow?
Hopefully you are... bc 3.58v/4 is less than 1v per cell which is toast.
Keep us posted.

ummm sorry
i meant 4p !!!!!
very sorry, so sorry :)
I was of course measuring whole 4 cells connected together.

So i had a response from seller, he stated that many cells like sanyoGA or mj1 cames with 3.5-3.6 and it is typical.
I got batteries from local vendor here in my city.
Labels printed on cells indicate that they were produced on III quarter of 2017. Do you think it is too old to be used? In theory lets assume they were stored in circa 20 degree Celsius, and since produced 12 months passed. How many % of capacity are lost?

The voltage on any battery will change depending on the state of charge, temperature, etc. There is a pretty wide range that would be considered healthy, about 3.0v to 4.2v.

Having all the cells near the same voltage is probably more important than the actual voltage. Your cell voltages sound fine.

I am not surpised by the original poster's situation. The last two batteries I brought from China were shipped at 3.6V per cell group.It makes sense to build them at this voltage and then hold then until they get sold. The only thing they have to worry about is the BMS draining the cell group used to power it if it doesn't get sold for a long time.

~3.6v is very typical for new cells. They made SOC for shipping even more strict in the past couple of years I think its <30% SOC now.

Back